Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the Wii Mini?

Default Thoughts on the Wii Mini?

well, nintendo announced the wii mini and i didnt see a thread for it so, here ya go.
    also this was posted on aol.com http://www.engadget.com/2012/11/27/n...ive-to-canada/
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I have no opinion on it.

Some people will complain because it's cutting into the Wii U's sales, but if the Wii is still selling well, why kill it off? The PS2 lasted years and years after the PS3 launched, and the PS3 eventually found success.

Some people will complain about the price, but $99 was basically the Wii's Black Friday sale price, so it's actually a fairly good deal.

Some people will complain about the lack of GameCube connectivity and lack of Wi-Fi features. The removal of Wi-Fi is definitely the worst aspect of the Wii Mini, but this is hardly targeted towards people who would actually use Wi-Fi. This is, in simple terms, "babby's first console." It's cheap, it looks like a toy you'd find in a Happy Meal, and it has a very limited release. Nintendo just wants to drain the casuals for every last penny before they move on.

All in all, it's a terrible product, but I don't care because it's not aimed towards people who would care.

Mmm...candy...
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    All in all, it's a terrible product.
    It's hardly a terrible product if it does exactly what Nintendo sat it would do, which is to play Wii games.

It isn't a terrible product at all, it may not have all the bell and whistle that the original Wii had but there is a reason why this is called a Wii Mini.
    Last edited by blaze boy; 29th November 2012 at 1:42 AM.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Those smaller PS1's had all the functions of a normal one. So did the Game Boy Micro.

The Wii Mini is terrible.

EDIT: Actually bar the being able to play GBA games but whatever.
    Last edited by Jb; 29th November 2012 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Those smaller PS1's had all the functions of a normal one. So did the Game Boy Micro.

IfI recall right those didn't have internet, and also the Wii's disk drive is kinda big.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    In no way is this accurate. Stop.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I'm actually considering getting one for two reasons:

1. Sexy red controller + Nunchuk which apparently doesn't exist outside od the bundle.
    B. Limited release console, which is always a cool thing to have.
    ~. I have the Ethernet adaptor anyway, so the lack of Wi-Fi isn't an issue.

Well the Wii mini is pointless considering that the Wii U is out and it can play Wii games.

Well I wouldn't say completely pointless since it can play gamecube games.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

I'm not that into novelty collecting so I'm going to say no. However for the odd collector, I think this is a great little piece. Worth the money to produce? I have a feeling that the net loss won't hurt that much. Question, is the controller small too?
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 29th November 2012 at 4:37 AM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by *IZ* View Post
    Well the Wii mini is pointless considering that the Wii U is out and it can play Wii games.

Well I wouldn't say completely pointless since it can play gamecube games.
    I'm pretty sure they got rid of the backwards compatibility for the wii mini
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Utterly pointless. The Wii is being abandoned, and now you're going to make a new one? You'd be better off dropping the Wii's price and letting whoever still wants one to be able to get it cheap, and focus production of more Wii U models, which is the only one that can even hope to compete against Microsoft and Sony.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

And you're as wrong on all counts here as you are in the other thread. Particularly on the notion that this is taking any production away from the Wii U.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Utterly pointless. The Wii is being abandoned, and now you're going to make a new one? You'd be better off dropping the Wii's price and letting whoever still wants one to be able to get it cheap, and focus production of more Wii U models, which is the only one that can even hope to compete against Microsoft and Sony.
    Why do you always have such a "no fun allowed" attitude? Take the stick out of your ass and have some fun for once.

Right guys, just go with that positive attitude. This is mainly a fun collector novelty and should be enjoyed as such. Am I the only one who's reminded of a PEZ dispenser when I look at it?

Neccessery? No.
    Good timing to release? No.
    Able to create money for Nintendo? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Am I the only one who's reminded of a PEZ dispenser when I look at it?
    Um.

Yes. It looks nothing like a PEZ dispenser.

-----
    Words to|live by

It's a nice little console that's targeted to the people who don't use online much. Really, now, there are just a few games out there that use online.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Neccessery? No.
    Then you aren't their target market, so go away and play on your Wii/ Wii U.

Good timing to release? No.
    It's being released during the time when people are doing their Christmas shopping, Nintendo timed it perfectly.

Able to create money for Nintendo? Yes.
    Then it that means Nintendo has spotted a market that can make them money.

Folks Nintendo have been in business for a long time, long before any of our Grandparents was born and have been in the Video game business since 1974, even to the point when they managed to revitalize the US video game industry following the video game crash of 1983.

Nintendo know what they are doing.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

I dont want Nintendo to make cheap crap though XD, the regular Wii's internal drive is godly not this mechanical crap. They really are stretching there dollar when it comes to this Wii U business.

Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    I dont want Nintendo to make cheap crap though XD
    And what is it that marks this system as "cheap crap" in any meaningful way?

the regular Wii's internal drive is godly not this mechanical crap.
    What does this even mean?

They really are stretching there dollar when it comes to this Wii U business.
    I guess this needs repeating: if you think this is affecting Nintendo's ability to get Wii U units on the shelves, you would be wrong.

-----
    Words to|live by

People seem to forget they did the same thing for GBA even when DS was out. TBH I won't buy it since i got a Wii U but it is more of a collection item then anything

Quote Originally Posted by Nanami View Post
    People seem to forget they did the same thing for GBA even when DS was out.
    And the SNES. And the NES.

-----
    Words to|live by

I honestly think it's a dumb idea. I mean, they just released the Wii U, and now they're releasing a smaller version of a previous console (yes, I did read the comments above). Since, from what I was told, the Wii U plays Wii games, I don't think that it's gonna go far with the audience.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Trainer X View Post
    Since, from what I was told, the Wii U plays Wii games, I don't think that it's gonna go far with the audience.
    They aren't selling the Wii mini to compete with the Wii U - whether they share any functionality is irrelevant.

The Wii mini exists for the admittedly small cross-section of gaming consumers who never owned a Wii and want to play the Wii's software library. Yes, it is a small cross-section. But that too is irrelevant because Nintendo is not counting on the Mini to carry their sales this holiday season. Like the NES, SNES and GBA last-gasp redesigns before it, it's a means of squeezing a few more dollars out of old hardware that's now easier and cheaper to produce than it was six years ago. Nothing more.

There is literally zero reason for anyone to complain this thing exists. Zero. None. Flat out. If you're not buying it, it isn't affecting you in any way, and the next person to complain Nintendo is "focusing on the mini rather than the Wii U" (you all know who you are) may in fact get a giant candy cane upside their head. Maybe I'm kidding, maybe I'm not - find out at your own peppermint-sticky risk.

-----
    Words to|live by

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast