Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thoughts on the Wii Mini?

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    They aren't selling the Wii mini to compete with the Wii U - whether they share any functionality is irrelevant.
    It's not about them sharing functionality as it is about wasting time and resources. The more of these they sell, the less Wii U models they can sell. That's basic economics right there. The Wii U is the only Nintendo console that should still be in production, the rest is obsolete garbage that no one wants to buy anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    Probably things like wind waker and gale of darkness.
    We likely won't be getting Colosseum or XD, you'd need to be able to connect with RSEFRLG to make much use out of them, and we probably won't be getting those either since everyone would want to transfer their Pokemon to the current gen games which would be difficult if not impossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    It's not about them sharing functionality as it is about wasting time and resources. The more of these they sell, the less Wii U models they can sell. That's basic economics right there. The Wii U is the only Nintendo console that should still be in production, the rest is obsolete garbage that no one wants to buy anymore.
    But what about those people who can't afford to pay full retail for a Wii U? The mini makes an affordable console, especially for people who buy it for younger children, or for a second console for a child's room.

Just because you have no need for it, doesn't mean someone else won't take advantage of this.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & Lapras

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbelle07241 View Post
    But what about those people who can't afford to pay full retail for a Wii U? The mini makes an affordable console, especially for people who buy it for younger children, or for a second console for a child's room.

Just because you have no need for it, doesn't mean someone else won't take advantage of this.
    if someone has enough dough to let their kid have their own console while another perfectly good one sits in the next room, then they probably have enough for 2 wiiU's
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

A normal Wii cost $99. Not wanting to buy this justified for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Nothing has been confirmed yet and what do you mean "good ones"?
    Games that don't involve Mario and his buddies.

Like Wind Waker, Desert Storm I/II, Viewtiful Joe, Bomberman Generation, I-Ninja, Resident Evil 4, Skies of Arcadia Legends, Tales of Symphonia, Super Monkey Ball 1/2, and many others.

No GC compatibility and no internet whatsoever, so no VC and WiiWare games? Wow. That sounds terrible. But I suppose it's ok for those people who just really want to play some Wii games, but can't afford a Wii U or a normal Wii.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    A normal Wii cost $99. Not wanting to buy this justified for some people.

Games that don't involve Mario and his buddies.

Like Wind Waker, , Super Monkey Ball 1/2, .
    especially these two games.
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    if someone has enough dough to let their kid have their own console while another perfectly good one sits in the next room, then they probably have enough for 2 wiiU's
    Not necessarily. The fact that it doesn't have wi-fi capabilities would make it the perfect console for a child's room. Plus there's quite a price gap between the Wii U and the Wii Mini.

And either way, what's the difference between a kid having their own console or their own 3DS? The mini at least is cheaper.

It's not about them sharing functionality as it is about wasting time and resources. The more of these they sell, the less Wii U models they can sell.
    Willful ignorance is an ugly thing. We've discussed several times - several more times than we should have needed to - how this is not taking production resources away from the Wii U. Nintendo is not a mom-and-pop business making things in the back room of their storefront. They have production facilities a hundred times over, beyond enough to produce Wii mini units without taking resources away from producing the Wii U. What part of this do you and those mistaken like you refuse to understand?

A normal Wii cost $99.
    In a vacuum, maybe, but the only way you can get a Wii Family Edition right now is in a bundle, which cost more than $99. You cannot purchase a full-featured Wii (which isn't even "full-featured" since it's lacking the GameCube functionality) for $99 right now.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbelle07241 View Post
    They have enough Wiis left for anyone who'd want one, they can just lower the price of the Wii and it would do the same thing plus more. There's no need to make a scaled down model that has even less features.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

They have enough Wiis left for anyone who'd want one, they can just lower the price of the Wii and it would do the same thing plus more. There's no need to make a scaled down model that has even less features.
    But what about when the current Wii stock runs out? I'm sure the production cost of the Wii Mini is lower than the Wii. And really, at this point in time, if a person is really dead set on getting wi-fi, they will go and get the Wii U.

A normal Wii cost $99.
    The only time I've ever seen a normal Wii for $99 is either refurbished or used.

I would get it if I didn't already have a Wii as I don't have internet connection to my Wii or any GameCube games

It's a bit poitless, but collectors may buy it for the red Wii-Mote and Nunchuck, and it's good for younger kids, wou wouldn't use Wi-Fi, i guess.
    All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you better run, better run...

If you want to see my Event Pokemon, PM me

If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by Iris Mist View Post
    Just like the original Mario Party never made it to the Wii VC. I've been looking for it for ages, but everywhere, I only find Mario Party 2 and newer.
    There's a reason for this. I don't think Nintendo wants more complaints over blisters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampy View Post
    There's a reason for this. I don't think Nintendo wants more complaints over blisters.
    I was never one to complain about this, that's what made the game fun for me, and also the only reason I would take a break once in a while

I seriously need to find the N64 version of it soon, it's definitely my favorite in the series by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Iris Mist View Post
    I was never one to complain about this, that's what made the game fun for me, and also the only reason I would take a break once in a while

I seriously need to find the N64 version of it soon, it's definitely my favorite in the series by far.
    It's on Amazon for only about ~$32.00

This is basically a con for more money if you ask me. Poor, poor Canada.
    Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by infernape612 View Post
    This is basically a con for more money if you ask me.
    And... what qualifies it as this...?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

This is basically a con for more money

For the Wii Mini to be a "con" it would require Nintendo to deceive their customers into believing that the Wii Mini can do everything that the regular Wii can do.

if you ask me.
    Which no one did.

Poor, poor Canada.
    I am sure that Canada will be fine. You just worry more about getting your facts right and applying logical thinking.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    And... what qualifies it as this...?
    Seconded. This is a spare parts dump. Nintendo's allowed.

That said, it does grind me a bit that the hyper-stripped down version has a wonderful design (Sharp corners aside), a snazzy red Wiimote, and TOP LOADING. I have wanted that since 2006.

^ Never underestimate the ability of 1 Megabyte to bring out every emotion imaginable.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123