Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you think of Pokemon Best Wishes so far?

terrible because i hate ashs unova team and trip
    Team X:

I thought Johto was the least favorite of the series, Best Wishes seems to be winning those polls now.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

It's alright as a series. Could have been worse, but I'd say it was disappointing. It started off really well with a nice feeling to it, went South in the middle up until the Unova League, HOWEVER the N arc seems like it may truly redeem Best Wishes and make it an arc to remember again. We'll have to see. Overall my second least favorite series right now but that could change depending on how the N portion of BW2 plays out.

Right now I'd say IMO:

OS = AG > BW > DP

All of the arcs are good in different ways, but that's how I feel overall.
    DP's only my least favorite because it didn't have any truly lighthearted and simplistic moments. It was so mature, I felt detached in a way. BW's the reverse for me in that it doesn't have enough maturity in it barring TRio. OS and AG had a nice balance of both so that's why they are my favorites. That and barring BF dub by TPCi, I loved the 4Kids dub take on the anime, edits and all included.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 7th December 2012 at 2:02 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Best Wishes has an identity crisis. Its not sure what it wants to be, and sort of hovers blending in elements of all the sagas into one, but not doing any of it all that well.

Best wishes is quite good, since Club Battle episode
    WARNING : I really hiatus from Pokeani Spoiler because I move to other anime fandom. It doesn't mean I hate Pokeani, but I should keep my reputation for not being annoyed by stranger people who doesn't like/underestimate Pokeani. If you want to CHAT about POKEANI with me, please CONTACT me below. Thanks
    Follow my Twitter : @mega_shootiepie | Blackberry Messenger : 2b37cbed (Mega ShootiePie) (will move to BBM because I am gonna have new phone) | LINE : mega_shootiepie | My Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Best Wishes has an identity crisis. Its not sure what it wants to be, and sort of hovers blending in elements of all the sagas into one, but not doing any of it all that well.
    Yeah it's an awkward amalgamation of previous series aspects tbh.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 8th December 2012 at 3:27 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Despite having the stupidest name for a Pokemon season I've seen so far, I'm still enjoying it. Yes, I am aware that there's a sort of identity crisis going on in this Gen, but overall I sill think the overall tone is a nice change of pace from what we were getting prior to this.
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

Quote Originally Posted by SBaby View Post
    Despite having the stupidest name for a Pokemon season I've seen so far, I'm still enjoying it. Yes, I am aware that there's a sort of identity crisis going on in this Gen, but overall I sill think the overall tone is a nice change of pace from what we were getting prior to this.
    It basically the writers trying to mix the Kanto formula with the writing of Hoenn and Sinnoh and not doing a good job of either.

If anything it feels like it takes the weakest aspects of those 3 regions and puts them together, rather than the good points.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    It basically the writers trying to mix the Kanto formula with the writing of Hoenn and Sinnoh and not doing a good job of either.

If anything it feels like it takes the weakest aspects of those 3 regions and puts them together, rather than the good points.
    Maybe it's the fact that this is the first full season I've watched since Jhoto, but I don't think it's all that bad. Confused, yes. But not horrible by any means.
    A Winner Is You!!!

If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
    - Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in any business is blame the customer.
    - Willie 'Jack' Degel

I think best wishes is ok. It's not great, but it's not bad. I like how there are a lot less filler episodes than sinnoh, that's good. There were too many before. I don't think they handled the rivals very well. His rivalries don't seem as serious as with paul and he hasn't had enough full battles. To finish off my rival ranting, the league seems pretty poor. I can't believe the first round was 1 vs. 1, they haven't even had 6 vs. 6 battles yet. Also ash's pokemon haven't had enough screen time. i like how he's caught more, but i mean pokemon like boldore and palpitaod haven't had any screen time. to finish off, this saga is ok, but i think the next part, the bit featuring N, will make it better. Hopefully!
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

The Unova League did screw things up so it's now my least favorite unless the N arc proves its worth.

I like Pokemon: Best Wishes!. While it does have its shortcomings, but it's definitely not the worst they had to offer.

I actually like Best Wishes. It's definitely not my favorite (DP still has that title) but it's definitely a lot better then AG if you ask me.

it was ok at first iris did piss me off alot in the beginning of the journey, but cilan is great biana stefan georgia burgundy are also great , i hate trip, the season by far right now is going great. dawn comming back really made it fro me i missed her alot, to bad she is leaving soon , but i can say its fairly good

I really didn't like this saga.

I really like Pokemon Best Wishies series. I really like how Meloetta is following the gang. I also like that Dawn is back. I hope they keep Dawn.
    ( Natnat60)

As someone said before, I hate the Iris's stupid dialog "What a Little Kid" and Trip's "Thats Basic".... It really irritated me.. Adding further, i hate dat distance between 3rd badge and 4th badge episodes, it really bored me up....

This series was very bad imo. This has to be one of the most DEM-ridden shows I've ever seen. Seeing Ash act all high-and-mighty after some of his fluke wins just burns me up. This season made me loathe Ash with a passion.

Best Wishes has gotta be one of the worst series I've ever seen...I've been seriously disappointed with how Ash's team has been handled, lack of Team Plasma until the end of BW, how Ash seems to regressed in skill level, how poorly written Ash's rivalry with Trip was, and just several other things.
    Go Sinnoh team! Go!

Honestly, Cilan really blows it for me with his culinary OBSESSION. Ash is starting to get on my nerves, and Iris is OK, but CILAN... Good thing they brought back Dawn,
    Shinies:

Ash's Pokemon doesnt evolve........... Atleast the starters should evolve atleast once...... If they won't then how would ash win against the e4.. BTW, i m xpecting Ash to win the league cuz of the Progress he has made in last 4 Leagues (barring Orange League)

Kanto - Top16
    Johto - Top16
    Hoenn - Top8
    Sinnoh - Semis
    Unova - A WIN????

It's not bad but...... It is not as good as the Sinnoh series
    Let my shadowy darkness consume your SOUL!.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12