Thread: OU Team - Rotom and Walling issues

Threaded View

Default OU Team - Rotom and Walling issues

This is a team I have been using to great effect on the smogon battle sim. It is netting me probably a 65-75% win rate, and since I'm brand new to this that isn't too bad. The main issues I'm having are with the Rotom forms, which give me all kinds of grief and seem to stick around forever; that s.o.b Ferrothorn (although I don't think that can be helped, it's just my inability to predict him correctly and get a fire move off); and not being able to sponge hits from the likes of Landorus-T, enemy Terrakion etc. Donphan is great as a 1 time spinner and stealth rocks user, but he just doesn't have any longevity or real walling power. Jellicent is a little better, but I have barely used it as a spin blocker, which makes me think maybe putting Chansey or a more bulky special wall in its place would make sense. Any help I can get on this team I'll appreciate.

Dragonite w/Choice Band & Adamant Nature
    Outrage
    Extremespeed
    Fire Punch
    Earthquake
    EV’s 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe

Donphan w/Leftovers @ Impish Nature
    Stealth Rock
    Earthquake
    Roar
    Rapid Spin
    EV’s 252 HP/252 Def/4 Spe

Jellicent w/Leftovers & Calm Nature
    Surf
    Shadow Ball
    Recover
    Will-O-Wisp
    EV’s 252 HP/36 Def/220 SpD

Genesect w/Choice Scarf & Naive Nature
    Flamethrower
    Ice Beam
    Thunderbolt
    U-Turn
    EV’s 8 Atk/248 SpA/252 Spe

Heatran w/Life Orb & Modest Nature
    Earth Power
    Fire Blast
    Hidden Power Ice
    Will-O-Wisp
    EV’s 252 SpA/4 SpD/252 Spe

Terrakion w/Choice Scarf & Jolly Nature
    Close Combat
    Stone Edge
    X-Scissor
    Earthquake
    EV’s 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe

This team works wonders with having switch advantage, all because of the monster that is Genesect. Using U-Turn as they expect the revenge kill and getting that extra type advantage is incredible. Terrakion with his scarf is invaluable as well. The two of them are responsible for almost all of my wins. The main problem, as I said, is walling certain pokemon and Rotoms. Thanks.
    Last edited by Dar1818; 28th November 2012 at 6:13 PM.