View Poll Results: Which of the four main cartoon airing stations is currently the best/worst?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • BEST - Cartoon Network

22 52.38%
  • BEST - Disney XD

5 11.90%
  • BEST - the Hub

16 38.10%
  • BEST - Nickelodeon

4 9.52%
  • WORST - Cartoon Network

7 16.67%
  • WORST - Disney XD

13 30.95%
  • WORST - the Hub

7 16.67%
  • WORST - Nickelodeon

15 35.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best/Worst Cartoon Station

Question Best/Worst Cartoon Station

Yup, conversation in the Cartoon Network thread went 180ş so I decided to make this thread. Yeah, kids' programming; still iffy as ever (even since we were youngsters). Not much to say bar the fact that we have our own tastes but overall, which of the four main 'toon airing stations do you think is doing the best? Which one is doing the worst?

I put 8 poll answers with multiple choice and shows who voted for what so I don't have to make 2 threads and we know about that guy slacking off at their keyboard (or touch controlled pad). Also, sorry for you guys who aren't American being unable to participate. Yes, I am Canadian but I did my research so I think I should be fine (as well as the rest of you who did their research).

Now we're not tackling the station's original cartoons but their current programming in general (so live action shows like Victorious and foreign cartoons like Bleach count). Don't forget to explain your decision in your post. Also, please keep in mind the station as a whole when voting. I know you have a fetish for ponies and don't understand Adventure Time's sense of humour but don't let that effect your post too much.

That covers the rules. You guys all know my opinion. Be nice, have fun, but most importantly, remember we're not in a cartoon crisis; we're just becoming old.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

The Hub is currently the best "Cartoon Channe." They have continued to show a steady stream of cartoons that ranged from good to fantastic. They never really received any backlash from fans or parents like the others 3 dd. Not to mention they cater to a wider audience and show a good mix of old/new cartoons. Anyone that denies this either doesn't get the channel or has no taste.

Next in like is Disney I guess. Sure their sitcoms are shitty but the people they're aimed at eat them up. I guess that's good for something.

Cartoon Network I've grown out of. Sure cartoons were stupid back in the 90's but this is just wow.

Nick consist of nothing but Spongebob and the odd Fairly Odd Parents episode so it's last.

Cartoon Network. It has been pretty consistent with putting out decent new cartoons for the past 3 years. Plus it has cartoons for adults on adult swim, something the other stations can't brag about.

The only decent Disney cartoon I have seen recently is Phineas and Ferb. Nickelodeon hasn't gotten any new cartoons I have enjoyed in a long time. Most of the good cartoons on the hub are old. (I don't care for 30 minute toy commercials, which appears to be most of their newer cartoons)

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Eye View Post
    Cartoon Network. It has been pretty consistent with putting out decent new cartoons for the past 3 years. Plus it has cartoons for adults on adult swim, something the other stations can't brag about.

The only decent Disney cartoon I have seen recently is Phineas and Ferb. Nickelodeon hasn't gotten any new cartoons I have enjoyed in a long time. Most of the good cartoons on the hub are old. (I don't care for 30 minute toy commercials, which appears to be most of their newer cartoons)
    Have you seen the new TMNT show on Nick? It's actually really good. I heard Korra is good as well but I have never watched it regularly to form an opinion on it. But yeah, other than that, Nick has no good shows. It's a shame too because Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents used to be great shows but they kept them on for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Have you seen the new TMNT show on Nick? It's actually really good. I heard Korra is good as well but I have never watched it regularly to form an opinion on it. But yeah, other than that, Nick has no good shows. It's a shame too because Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents used to be great shows but they kept them on for too long.
    Legend of Korra was decent, but it could've been so much better if the extra seasons weren't such a surprise and if the romance WASN'T SO OMNIPRESENT! They also overplayed Meelo a bit, but still, if there wasn't so much focus on romance in the story, it could've came out so much better.

Cartoon network is a pretty great catch for children and Adults Alike. Stuff Like Adventure Time and Regular Show will keep it alive.

The Hub is pretty close, although most of its cartoons are pretty bad and made for smaller kids, its were MLP:FiM fans can go to when the Internet is down/they don't have internet.

Disney XD/Some Disney Channel is getting worse because of the vast Disney hype. most of both networks are barely Cartoon channels, and their cartoons are normally terrible.

Nick.... anything that isn't of the avatar series is generally of low morale. and humor. actually, anything that ISN'T the Avatar/Korra series is pretty bad.... FOP and Spongebob were great past-times for children, like, 5-10 years ago, but now they both reek of terrible humor and even worse plots. If Korra moved over too Nicktoons (which is way better than Nick since they still show Invader Zim and The Original Avatar series) then Nick would plain suck.

those are my opinions. Nicktoons is the better version of Nickelodeon for those who get channel 126 (at least, in washington state). Cartoon Network would be awesome if they rid of their live-action shows. The Hub should get better cartoons. The Disney channels need to create better plots and humor. Nick just needs to get better shows.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

Honestly, I feel they're all doing pretty badly at one or multiple levels when it comes to their line-ups, though I could tell Disney has been doing pretty good. It used to be that Phineas and Ferb was the only really good show until a few others, both cartoon and live-action, started popping up. Is it still worth watching most of the time? Eh. My grandparents don't have The Hub at the moment, but when they did a couple of times (since Dish will let you have a channel free for about a month), I mostly had the Goosebumps episodes DVR'd, since I never knew what time everything else was on.

A lot of stuff on Cartoon Network still turns me away, though their 2013 line-up sounds promising. Nickelodeon, however, is too obsessed with SpongeBob right now to even care about anything else (though I hear they're noticing a ratings drop, but again, they probably don't know the reasons why) that it's a wonder they are able to squeeze in new shows into its line-up (even if it's over the weekend). It's such an awful schedule they have going on. Every day, there's a SpongeBob marathon of sorts going on at least twice a day, and they're not even the good episodes. I have of yet to actually see a pre-movie episode pop up, but it's not worth sitting through piles of crap to get to them when I already have them on various DVDs. Besides, I don't want to give Nickelodeon anymore ratings except for when I'm DVR'ing TMNT, because that's really the only decent show I'm into at the moment that deserves the ratings.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

The best ones are Cartoon Network and the Hub hands down. I've been looking at CN's 2013 lineup, and things are looking good so far.

Disney XD is a seperate channel from Disney Channel, but I would put the channel in the middle, since it has some good and decent programming on it.

The worst of the bunch is Nickelodeon for it's over reliance on really bad Spongebob reruns, this year, Nickelodeon had a 31% drop in ratings, which is often blamed on their over reliance on reruns of popular shows, namely Spongebob, and looking at it's 2013 lineup, things aren't looking promising for Nick's future

Disney Channel itself is probably even worse if not for the saving graces of Phineas and Ferb and Gravity Falls.

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!

If you badly want the Team Plasma episodes to air soon, please put this in your signature.

The Hub has better quality of shows, (despite the majority of them being owned by Hasbro, and being remakes of old shows). But MLP:FiM is a really good contender of Adventure time, Regular Show ect.

Cartoon Network finally got their sh€t together, and has a few shows I personally sit down and enjoy watching.

Nick is the worst. Nothing other than Penguins of Madagascar, Spongebob, and Fairly Odd Parents. I love the actors, but the shows have LONG since overstayed their welcome.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

The best: a tie between the Hub and Cartoon Network. The both have a veritey of programs that you can watch and like. CN has Dragons: Riders of Berk,Reglar show etc. Hub has Ponies, Transfromers and well as other Hasbro prodect themed shows.

Disney/XD is in the middle with its mix of real life shows and cartoons like Pherias and Freb

The worst is Nick hands down! All they show is that annoying Spongebob all day! If they do not get there act togrther soon, there're going go out like the Twinkie...

i basically like 1 show from each of them, all the rest of the shows out ther suck.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    i basically like 1 show from each of them, all the rest of the shows out ther suck.
    You should probably say what those shows are.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    You should probably say what those shows are.
    fine
    disney: gravity falls
    nikelodeon: i carly (the older ones)
    cartoon network: pokemon (duh)
    ive never even heard of the last one.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Best for me is CN. Worst is The Hub.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

i basically like 1 show from each of them.
    fine
    disney: gravity falls
    nikelodeon: i carly (the older ones)
    cartoon network: pokemon (duh)
    ive never even heard of the last one.
    How do you like one show from each of them if you don't even know what the Hub is? And Pokemon is a terrible show, there are much better shows on that channel.

Boomerang is my favourite as I love the Looney Tunes & Tom and Jerry series. My least favourite is probably NickToons. It was the dawn of bad cartoon airing, even though in its prime it had good shows on it.

Edit: oh, the four main ones. Well, I don't know, I don't have any of those channels any more.
    Last edited by Rezzo; 30th November 2012 at 8:45 PM.
    Last.fm | Steam IDNostalgia

lol i would say cw4kids is the worst

edit: The Hub is like the best just saying.
    Last edited by LilPrinnyDood; 30th November 2012 at 8:43 PM.

PO/PS Username: LilPrinnyDood

Credit goes to Shadow for the banner

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKojondo View Post
    lol i would say cw4kids is the worst

edit: The Hub is like the best just saying.
    CW4kids does not exist anymore, it's now called "The Vortexx" (yes, with two X's) after being bought out by another company.

If you badly want the Team Plasma episodes to air soon, please put this in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterge77 View Post
    CW4kids does not exist anymore, it's now called "The Vortexx" (yes, with two X's) after being bought out by another company.
    O_O when did this happen? does this mean 4kids went out of business? YAHOO!

PO/PS Username: LilPrinnyDood

Credit goes to Shadow for the banner

In a way, yes. Last year or so, 4Kids lost a number of their TV rights to other companies, including Saban and Nickelodeon among others.

4KIDS merged into Saban. They're not completely gone, especially since some of their dubs are still on Vortexx like Yu-Gi-Oh, Sonic X, and Cubix. Doesn't mean Vortexx is still good. It's decent at the most (the censorship cuts still don't help).
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    4KIDS merged into Saban. They're not completely gone, especially since some of their dubs are still on Vortexx like Yu-Gi-Oh, Sonic X, and Cubix. Doesn't mean Vortexx is still good. It's decent at the most (the censorship cuts still don't help).
    Agreed, and this was the company that dubbed the first few seasons of Digimon and a few other anime series, while Saban was known best for creating Power Rangers after it got the rights to the Japanese Super Sentai series, though it would often go to the point of in-name-only, with the Super Sentai footage being the only thing it and Power Rangers had in common.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterge77 View Post
    Agreed, and this was the company that dubbed the first few seasons of Digimon and a few other anime series, while Saban was known best for creating Power Rangers after it got the rights to the Japanese Super Sentai series, though it would often go to the point of in-name-only, with the Super Sentai footage being the only thing it and Power Rangers had in common.
    Sadly, I think Saban's gone down the route of 4KIDS in a way. Yeah, they weren't as bad as 4KIDS back in the day (Digimon still managed to keep some elements from the original script, even though they had the whole "Never Say Die" rule going on), but still, the whole censorship the network's got going on is just terrible. I can see why censorship exists, but there's just too much of it. Showing blood in DragonBall Z Kai is not going to hurt anyone when we all know they show much worse things on regular TV anyway. Heck, if they have a WWE for kids on the Saturday Morning Block (though it's not as intense as the normal WWE), they can keep the blood in DBZ Kai, and also keep the Justice League Unlimited untouched.

Yeah. They censored stuff from the Justice League Unlimited. That's ridiculous.
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    I believe that most of the Vortexx became crap because they removed Dinosaur King from the Air and destroyed their OnDemand section making every new episode released practically unwatchable for viewers. I cannot watch my favorite anime because of them, and their dubs suck. Yu-Gi-Oh turned to crap with ZeXaL. I lost all of my faith in their shows. forever.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

If you think Dinosaur King, in any way was helping that channel, you're wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast