View Poll Results: Which of the four main cartoon airing stations is currently the best/worst?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • BEST - Cartoon Network

22 52.38%
  • BEST - Disney XD

5 11.90%
  • BEST - the Hub

16 38.10%
  • BEST - Nickelodeon

4 9.52%
  • WORST - Cartoon Network

7 16.67%
  • WORST - Disney XD

13 30.95%
  • WORST - the Hub

7 16.67%
  • WORST - Nickelodeon

15 35.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best/Worst Cartoon Station

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    If you think Dinosaur King, in any way was helping that channel, you're wrong.
    You mean fans?

Did I forget to add something to the poll?
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 1st December 2012 at 1:10 AM. Reason: rewording question
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

So let me get this straight the guys who made power rangers merged with one of the worst localization companies known to man? I find that oddly humorous.

PO/PS Username: LilPrinnyDood

Credit goes to Shadow for the banner

For me Cartoon Network is the best (Adventure Time/ Regular Show FTW!!!), but only by a little bit. Cartoon Planet, Boomerang, and Adult Swim/Toonami help it out with certain shows. But let's be honest, I don't know who had the brilliant idea to make The Annoying Orange a full Fledged show. The Hub is good and honestly I have nothing bad to say about it. It has the old school Batman I grew up with! Disney XD is okay, The Avengers and Spiderman make it worthwhile. And last but not least, well yes least we have Nick/Nicktoons. In my opinion it's the worst with all those live action shows. Spongebob isn't the same, I've seen every episode of the Fairly Odd Parents, Korra was okay, and I haven't seen the new TMNT. I can honestly say I prefer Vortexx, Justice League and DBZ Kai even while extremely censored beat out iCarly and all those live action shows any day.
    Last edited by Zorocario; 1st December 2012 at 2:41 AM.
    A TRUE SAIYAN ALWAYS SPRINKLES WHEN HE TINKLES

IMO, they all suck. (I actually don't have the Hub so I have no rights to dislike it.)
    Although, people speak of a promising CN 2013 line-up. If someone could just show me this...

I would say The Hub is the best because of Superman: The Animated Series and MLP: FiM (don't hate. really don't hate.). Transformers is also really good.

Nickelodeon just plain sucks with all the crappy sitcoms (ICarly started out good, but then it went to way of 24. >.>), and Spongebob has been horrible, can't come up with good, original ideas, FOP is disgusting, the US government sucks. The only thing that's keeping the channel afloat is the TMNT show, and even that's probably gonna get moved to NickToons (which is awesome btw) once ratings drop to 5%.
    Last edited by NintendoCoke; 1st December 2012 at 6:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    If you think Dinosaur King, in any way was helping that channel, you're wrong.
    I actually like dinosaur king.
    And look at my first post, I said "basically " liked only one show from each. Sheesh.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Cartoon Network and Disney XD are the best. Cartoon Network has Pokemon, Regular Show, MAD, Ben 10, and Star Wars.
    Disney XD has Avengers, Ultimate Spider-Man and may become Star Wars new channel soon

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    Cartoon Network and Disney XD are the best. Cartoon Network has Pokemon, Regular Show, MAD, Ben 10, and Star Wars.
    Disney XD has Avengers, Ultimate Spider-Man and may become Star Wars new channel soon

You think Ultimate Spider-Man's good?>.>

I used to have faith in humanity...

In my opinion they've all been pretty bad as of late, Disney and the Hub slighty better than the others. Disney is getting better with its animated shows at least, live action shows could be better but Good Luck Charlie is alright I guess.

The past Cartoon Network was ok, Ben 10 AF/UA was pretty fun other than that.

Nick is the worse, it only places Sponge bob over and over again, I know its one of the best rated shows on Nick but my gosh only so much you can take of the thing. Than again, other than maybe Penguins of Madagascar {Which is almost over} and kind of that Kung-Fu Panda series, no new shows have been really that good to begin with. I give the Legend if Korra but season 1 was a big mess again my opinion, who lets a guy like Mako get away with crap like that? Its like the people are saying "Hey guys, its ok to treat woman like that!" While great people like Bolin and Asami get hearts crushed bah.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

I voted for the opposite that the majority of others did... I find almost nothing on Cartoon Network interesting, while at least Nickelodeon plays shows I at least liked before. Granted, I don't watch either anymore, but my opinion remains..
    Game: Soul Silver
    Name: Agent X
    FC: 3955-1298-0022

Fire Red Team (0 badges):

Emerald Team (3 badges):

Soul Silver Team (16 badges):

I don't get the Hub, so I can't judge that one.

I'll agree with the majority here. Cartoon Network is far and away the best of the cartoon channels. I think they sort of hit a low point from like 2007-2009, but they seem to be getting back on their feet.

Next is Disney, which isn't exactly spectacular, either, as they've got nothing outside of Phineas and Ferb and Gravity Falls. However, what else is new? Disney has never been all cartoons, even in the "golden age of children's programming" that was the 90s. Even back in most of your childhoods, they had stuff like Lizzie McGuire and Even Stevens.

Nickelodeon, however, is horrible. Nothing but Spongebob reruns, and certainly nothing good except for The Legend of Korra and TMNT. Seriously, at least Disney is giving some variety in their shows instead of constantly replaying whatever happens to be popular over and over again.
    Then again, I'm slightly biased, because I can't stand Viacom (Vilecom, as I call them). They ruin pretty much everything they touch. Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central... everything.

Though out of curiosity, why are people bashing Nickelodeon for showing live action shows? Nickelodeon has always had live action shows, even back in the 90s with All That!, Kenan and Kel, Clarissa Explains it All, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Though out of curiosity, why are people bashing Nickelodeon for showing live action shows? Nickelodeon has always had live action shows, even back in the 90s with All That!, Kenan and Kel, Clarissa Explains it All, etc.
    I think you mean Cartoon Network having live action shows. But some of the live action shows on Nickelodeon aren't very good in of themselves. They're all tween-coms, and of course, a lot of people here (myself included) don't like the tween-coms. I'm sure That's So Raven and Lizzie McGuire were tween-coms, but the difference is the writing. Something tells me the people writing these shows don't really understand tweens too well. That, or people are just so sick and tired of how melodramatic everything is.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Sigh... If only the Hub wasn't a premium channel...
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoCoke View Post
    Nickelodeon just plain sucks with all the crappy sitcoms (ICarly started out good, but then it went to way of 24. >.>), and Spongebob has been horrible, can't come up with good, original ideas, FOP is disgusting, the US government sucks. The only thing that's keeping the channel afloat is the TMNT show, and even that's probably gonna get moved to NickToons (which is awesome btw) once ratings drop to 5%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    And last but not least, well yes least we have Nick/Nicktoons. In my opinion it's the worst with all those live action shows. Spongebob isn't the same, I've seen every episode of the Fairly Odd Parents, Korra was okay, and I haven't seen the new TMNT. I can honestly say I prefer Vortexx, Justice League and DBZ Kai even while extremely censored beat out iCarly and all those live action shows any day.
    ^ Nope, I meant Nickelodeon.

I don't know. When I was young, I enjoyed shows like Lizzie McGuire and Even Stevens as much as the next 90s kid, but I feel like if I were to go back and watch them now, I'd find them just as poorly written and clichéd as shows like Hannah Montana or The Suite Life of Zack and Cody. More realistic, perhaps, but realism can't entirely hide bad writing or clichés.
    Believe me, I understand. That live action shows are probably the only thing about Cartoon Network that annoys me. They're trying too hard to be like Nickelodeon and Disney, in my opinion.

Though out of curiosity, why are people bashing Nickelodeon for showing live action shows? Nickelodeon has always had live action shows, even back in the 90s with All That!, Kenan and Kel, Clarissa Explains it All, etc.[/QUOTE]

The reason people hate them is because like Kutie Pie said there are Tween coms that are mixed with American idol for good meaure. All the shows have the same primise of Tweens trying to became the "NEXT BIG THING" in the enterment industry wither its music or acting. The shows in the 90s had more verity in terms of plot. "All That" was a kid themed Saturday night live, "Clarissa Explains it all" was about growing up, "Salute your shorts" was about kids having adventures at Summer Camp.

Oh, I'm not defending them by any means. Although I don't like tween sitcoms in general from any era, and I personally don't think the '90s ones were any better than modern ones.

That isn't the point, though. Just the way people were posting made it sound like they thought live-action shows are new to Nickelodeon. That's all.

I like CN the most currently, it's got some good shows (Adventure Time, Regular Show, Dragons Riders of Berk, Pokemon, and a few others I'm forgetting)

I wish CN got the rights to TMNT, that way they could just have huge blocks of good shows.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

CN makes the DC stuff so damn hard to follow!
    PSN: DCCBruceWayneSAS
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-0459-2616

Cartoon Network is probably my favorite since it has Adventure Time, Regular Show, Pokemon, and DC cartoons.

I'm a brony myself, but if it weren't for My Little Pony, I wouldn't have even watched the channel. There just aren't that many good shows on it (as far as I know).
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ Why Alder is my favorite champion.

I voted for Cartoon network as the best , because i roped in Boomarang with it.

I voted The Hub as the Worst, because i have no idea what is on that station.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12