Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Mission: Defeat Your Rival! (765)

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Like I said it makes no sense, they wouldn't make it look weaker, its as strong or stronger then he was, the moveset is just diferent he changed to counter Pikachu or something else he had in mind.

Not getting on my nerves don't worry, my reaction if more like faceplaming XD.
    Even if that wasn't the intention... Wrap as a move has never been that threatening of a move, especially since the user is a far more of a risk then the receiver...

Gee, doesn't that make me feel so much better :/
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

hm....I have yet to watch it, but in the end, I feel like the match between trip and ash was okay.

First of all, I have to say that pikachu, being the speed small pokemon it is, would end up dodging frenzy plant if he did keep it, and since Serperior's tail would be stuck in the ground during the launching of the move, He'd be a sitting duck, perfect for ash to hit down like he did right in this battle.

As for solarbeam...I think that the reason why it fired so fast in the world tournament was because the sunlight was strong. You saw that everytime he used it, they aniamated the sun to show it gleaming. Therefore I think trip took advantage of that. They could just say that wasn't the case here.

Solarbeams questionable, but frenzy plant defiantly wouldn't have hit pikachu if they wanted it to win. Its perfectly plausible too, even by game standards. In game it has 90 acuraccy...lol

May I ask what the "wave motion" thing that riolu did to emboar? That was really cool. lol
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

NEW IT....wrap...it was a move...those trolls...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Alpha Sapphire Team:

I love Jalorda, but when he was squeezing Pikachu, I felt really bad. I wanted the battle to be over. D: I'm pretty sad that Bianca lost to Kotetsu, but it's good she's gotten stronger and more better at battling. I hope we see her again.

Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    NEW IT....wrap...it was a move...those trolls...
    Pokemon seem to be forced to own moves to use natural abilities...
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Umbilical Noose View Post
    So basically she boosted Escavalier's defenses yet Kotetsu used a phy. attack rather than special? Well I suppose the logic here is Anime=/=games.

Attract one more time. Its Bianca's signature move.
    Razor Shell is a move that lower Denfend

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Pokemon seem to be forced to own moves to use natural abilities...
    Well keep in mind natural abilities =/= Pokémon moves.

Wrap may have been necessary to knock out Pikachu, not just keep it trapped.

Edit:

Oh and LOL at a mouse defeating a large snake, LOL.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

to be honest, if Serperior was supposed to be "Defensive" then it would've taken Thunderbolt like a boss and not shove it's tail into the ground like it did.

If that didn't tip people off that Trip raised it for speed but neglected it's defense i don't know what will, because i've seen other Grass types take Pikachu's attacks like nothing and keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    I love Jalorda, but when he was squeezing Pikachu, I felt really bad. I wanted the battle to be over. D: I'm pretty sad that Bianca lost to Kotetsu, but it's good she's gotten stronger and more better at battling. I hope we see her again.
    It's still too hard to tell if Bianca has really gotten stronger. The only thing that gave her the win against Samurott was Attract, and then he was pwned by Riolu.

Hmm...The rivals must spend a lot of time with the move tutors in Mistralton and Driftveil if they're changing up their movesets so often. No wonder they hardly show up.

One of Ash's main rivals throughout this region going down first in the preliminaries is an interesting move by the writers. Even though there was alot of recycled material with it being a 10+ year old series (Serperior grounding itself to avoid Pikachu's attack reminded me of Ash's Indigo battles), this region has definitely been interesting (like TR being bad*****es for once and a main character getting a pokemon like Dragonite)

I'm pressed to be honest. First we saw Trip lose to Ash, then a fan service scene, and then Bianca losing to Kotetsu? Unbelievable to be honest. I can sort of forgive Trip losing to Ash as that's what would have happened eventually, but not this early in the tournament. Trip's entire existence was a waste; I want to be compensated for all the time I wasted in Anime Spoilers defending him. And back to the fan service; it was unnecessary. I don't even care that Oshagod was there. It was just wasteful in my opinion. But I sobbed so hard when the Queen B's Emboar lost to that little Riolu. But there is a silver lining; at least that battle proved that small, un-evolved Pokemon can beat heavy-hitters like the fully-evolved Starters.

I felt that way also, I was sad when Bianca lost. I felt even worse when she cried. I wonder what she said to Kotetsu when him and Riolu were cheering.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    But I sobbed so hard when the Queen B's Emboar lost to that little Riolu. But there is a silver lining; at least that battle proved that small, un-evolved Pokemon can beat heavy-hitters like the fully-evolved Starters.
    like I mentioned earlier, she could've won if Emboar held onto Riolu and pummeled it with it's other hand, but the writers probably don't have the guts to go there with such a violent scene, not to mention Samurott did nail it with two super effective moves before it got taken down so Emboar going down was logical.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    to be honest, if Serperior was supposed to be "Defensive" then it would've taken Thunderbolt like a boss and not shove it's tail into the ground like it did.

If that didn't tip people off that Trip raised it for speed but neglected it's defense i don't know what will, because i've seen other Grass types take Pikachu's attacks like nothing and keep going.
    Pikachu kind of ruins your claim here though... Ash never trained Pikachu for defense at all yet he takes almost a million hits to go down by league time. Same can be said for any of Ash Pokemon though as he likes chooses to go for quickness over defense. Only Muk and Snorlax are defensive because of their bodies.

When you're using your strongest pokemon in the first two rounds of a league, you know something is wrong. Bianca was kidding herself if she thought Emboar could win her through every round.

It also looks like Escavalier regressed in strength, which is another shame.

I never thought that Bianca will use attract to Kotesu's Samurott. That's unexpected. That aside, I was happy that Ash kicked Trip's arrogant butt and move on into the next round with his friendly rivals such as Stephan,Bianca,Kotesu,and of course the League one Virgil.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    like I mentioned earlier, she could've won if Emboar held onto Riolu and pummeled it with it's other hand, but the writers probably don't have the guts to go there with such a violent scene, not to mention Samurott did nail it with two super effective moves before it got taken down so Emboar going down was logical.
    I'm not surprised to be honest. Bianca was always meant to lose against someone, but it still stings that she lost to Kotetsu of all people. It also sucks that she was doing so well only to have her Emboar lose to Kotetsu's overrated Riolu. The writers could've at least kept things more realistic by having Emboar lose to Samurott instead, but nooooo.

I'm not surprised to be honest. Bianca was always meant to lose against someone, but it still stings that she lost to Kotetsu of all people. It also sucks that she was doing so well only to have her Emboar lose to Kotetsu's overrated Riolu. The writers could've at least kept things more realistic by having Emboar lose to Samurott instead, but nooooo.
    I guess Emboar was tired from the battle with Samurott...and Riolu proved to be quite nimble and won with its superior agility not its strenght

I don't think I'm interested in this League now that Bianca is gone. I don't care about any of the rivals and I'm tired of Leagues always being ruled by the guys, not to mention, the last person I want to see go far is Ash.

I kinda wish Pikachu would have gotten a a few more hits in on Serperior, they could have at least made Static come into play, as many times as Serperior used Dragon tail on him.

I do think it was weird that Emboar didn't even get in any significant damage on Riolu... and that somehow Copycat allows Riolu to move before Emboar (maybe Kotesu's Riolu's ability is Prankster)

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I do think it was weird that Emboar didn't even get in any significant damage on Riolu... and that somehow Copycat allows Riolu to move before Emboar (maybe Kotesu's Riolu's ability is Prankster)
    You do realize Copycat, has normal move priority, right?
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I really enjoyed this episode. My opinions:

-The serious music. xD
    -I loved the spa thing between Riolu, Pikachu, and Oshawott. xD
    -Bianca and Kotetsu's battle was really great, imo!
    -Vacuum Wave's animation and how it ended the battle was cool.
    -Riolu itself was a beast!
    -I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Escavalier again!!!

Dislikes:

-I only have two. Serperior should have taken more hits before falling.
    -Escavalier should have gotten a win, imo.

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 8
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by stanleysmith View Post
    -I only have two. Serperior should have taken more hits before falling.
    Well what do you expect when you're dealing with a Hax Serperior in the first place?

It's not anyone's fault but the writers, that they focused solely on Serperior's speed, and not it's defenses or power.

That said, Pikachu really should've lost against Serperior. There's no way Pikachu could've survived that onslaught.

And Pikachu didn't even win by some awesome tactic.

Though hey electroball circling iron tail was pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Well what do you expect when you're dealing with a Hax Serperior in the first place?

It's not anyone's fault but the writers, that they focused solely on Serperior's speed, and not it's defenses or power.

That said, Pikachu really should've lost against Serperior. There's no way Pikachu could've survived that onslaught.

And Pikachu didn't even win by some awesome tactic.

Though hey electroball circling iron tail was pretty awesome.
    Serperior being that OP was a bad decision to begin with. My ideal scenario would be: Pikachu somehow got out of Wrap and jumped in the air. When he did, he hit Serperior with a Thunderbolt before Serperior could get its tail in the ground again. That way, it would have taken at least a little damage...

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 8
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast