Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Mission: Defeat Your Rival! (765)

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Clearly not as Ash and Pikachu won.
    They out strategized them until Ash's comeback. Besides Electro Iron Tail Ash's only strategy was to attack head on.

No he wasn't? That was complete strategy that Ash planned out in his head in a time of need. Luck would have been if Serperior was too tired and fell asleep during the battle.
    He only thought it up at the end. He was lucky that it worked out like it did. His plan would have failed if Serperior had simply dodged it like it did all the other moves. But for some strange reason Trip decided to attack head on.

EDIT: After seeing the subbed episode I have to say that Bianca wasn't as upset as I expected. Trip was definitely not arrogant anymore either.
    Last edited by J Ken; 4th February 2013 at 4:26 AM.

Ash vs Trip may of had it's nice perks to it, but Pikachu was beaten down terribly and defeated Serperior in one hit. It wasn't logical at all and really spoiled the battle.

A simply statement from Cilan such as "Serperior may have good speed and strength, but it's defense is low because of this!" would have worked fine to make it believeable, but this wasn't mentioned at all and we're led to believe that Electro Tail was the best strategy in the world.

Ash vs Trip may of had it's nice perks to it, but Pikachu was beaten down terribly and defeated Serperior in one hit. It wasn't logical at all and really spoiled the battle.

A simply statement from Cilan such as "Serperior may have good speed and strength, but it's defense is low because of this!" would have worked fine to make it believeable, but this wasn't mentioned at all and we're led to believe that Electro Tail was the best strategy in the world.
    Momentum was clearly on Trip's side the entire battle... then Pikachu miraculously recovers from suffocation to pretty much all and all hit Serperior with just Iron Tail (I believe Electro Ball cancelled out Dragon Tail). I don't know about anyone else, but I found it sad that the Serperior set we saw during the Junior Cup didn't return here, who drop's both SolarBeam and Frenzy Plant for Wrap and Energy Ball? And more importantly, why was Dragon Tail being treated as such a threat?
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Momentum was clearly on Trip's side the entire battle... then Pikachu miraculously recovers from suffocation to pretty much all and all hit Serperior with just Iron Tail (I believe Electro Ball cancelled out Dragon Tail). I don't know about anyone else, but I found it sad that the Serperior set we saw during the Junior Cup didn't return here, who drop's both SolarBeam and Frenzy Plant for Wrap and Energy Ball? And more importantly, why was Dragon Tail being treated as such a threat?
    If he had that stronger moveset it would have been more unbelievable that Ash won. I prefer that he was depowered in defeat over losing at full potential. Probably because of Serperior's snakeish body and quick striking force.

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    If he had that stronger moveset it would have been more unbelievable that Ash won. I prefer that he was depowered in defeat over losing at full potential. Probably because of Serperior's snakeish body and quick striking force.
    I think they could of made it more believeable had they not gone over the top on Serperior's ungodly speed or could have stated Ash trained to work around it. I would have totally believed Pikachu could keep up, but yeah, depowering it really was the only option I guess. Still didn't make it feel like Pikachu beat it at it's best.
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I think they could of made it more believeable had they not gone over the top on Serperior's ungodly speed or could have stated Ash trained to work around it. I would have totally believed Pikachu could keep up, but yeah, depowering it really was the only option I guess. Still didn't make it feel like Pikachu beat it at it's best.
    That's because he didn't. xD Plus if Serperior spammed Dragon Tail it would build up their confidence and made them more likely to go against Pikachu's Electro Iron Tail.

That's because he didn't. xD Plus if Serperior spammed Dragon Tail it would build up their confidence and made them more likely to go against Pikachu's Electro Iron Tail.
    But they could have... you can't tell me he only trained for Stephan XD. I still don't even get why Dragon Tail was hot stuff for Trip, it's not like it got to use it's useful side ability.

But they could have... you can't tell me he only trained for Stephan XD. I still don't even get why Dragon Tail was hot stuff for Trip, it's not like it got to use it's useful side ability.
    The thing was that he knew Stephan better then he knew Trip and Cameron since he spent all that time with him in the Club Battle and Clubsplosion. So naturally it would make it easier for him to prepare against him and counter him. Riolu's Circle Throw didn't get to use it's ability either sadly.

The thing was that he knew Stephan better then he knew Trip and Cameron since he spent all that time with him in the Club Battle and Clubsplosion. So naturally it would make it easier for him to prepare against him and counter him.
    He battled Trip far more then he did Stephan... the guy was also his "main" rival

He battled Trip far more then he did Stephan... the guy was also his "main" rival
    He did but him and Stephan spent more time bonding then he did battling with Trip. Plus Trip's style constantly changed after every battle.

He did but him and Stephan spent more time bonding then he did battling with Trip. Plus Trip's style constantly changed after every battle.
    That's true, Trip isn't anything like he was in their first battle. And in their second battle, he purposely adopted an Ash-like battle style. Trip has changed it up each time.

Am I the only one that was wondering why Unfezant wasn't an option? IMO she's just as fast as Pikachu, but the option never came up. They wondered why he didn't use Pignite, but not Unfezant. I mean I expected the Pikachu/Serperior showdown but Unfezant was never acknowledged, not even in the Junior Cup. I guess the reason could be Ash didn't have her on hand during that time or during this league match, but still. She's pretty fast and it has a type advantage. Plus Gust isn't something easy to dodge since it's like an area effect move, and Aerial Ace is good too. That would have given her a good win in the league, but oh well.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

I bet you would've loved the battle a whole lot more if Static activated and nerfed Serperior while Wrap was being used. I bet that would've made things much more believable.

The battle between Kotetsu and Bel was complete bullz....

After that many Iron Defenses, there is no way Escavalier should of went down that fast -_-...
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    The battle between Kotetsu and Bel was complete bullz....

After that many Iron Defenses, there is no way Escavalier should of went down that fast -_-...
    I don't know why the writers suddenly favored Cameron.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    I don't know why the writers suddenly favored Cameron.
    Cuz they have to spam Lucario and Eevee -_-....
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Cuz they have to spam Lucario and Eevee -_-....
    I don't see what Eevee has to do with Cameron.

Not bad of an episode, but I missed about 6 minutes of the beginning. Just caught Ash about to beat Trip, which looked pretty surprising. As usual, he leaves, but he and Ash shake hands to see another day of their rivalry.

Inbetween, Sauna scenes. Poor Oshawott getting electrocuted by Pikachu's thunderbolt in the water.

Bianca VS Cameron. Was cheering for Bianca, but Cameron had to come and step on her dreams. The Attract from Emboar caught me by surprise. Nice to see Escavalier again.

But that's it? Well, its nice to have Round 2 battles show trainers with 2 Pokemon. Kind of funny now, since it corresponds to the numerical round. Betting Round 3 is 3 Pokemon.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Pikachu's win had so much tauros**** it wasn't even funny.

This battle should have been a full battle
    Last edited by DedicatedFan; 16th March 2013 at 5:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    The moves for Samurott switch up, including Razor Shell, but Escavalier spams Iron Defense. It then leads with Twineedle but Samurott deflects with Razor Shells
    I just wanted to point out, in the English dub today, Bianca called out for a Fury Attack instead of Twineedle.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Agree with the people that are saying it should have been a full battle.
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/351ipzt.png[/IMG]

Typical BS pikachu win.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

This...wasn't such a good episode for battles. It was full of unbelievable moments that reminded me that apparently Leer + Frenzy Plant is a deadly combo.

First, that fight with Ash and Trip... Seriously? One attack and stone wall Serperior is down? That should've been a full battle to lessen how stupid the end was... Also, Ash, for the record, you tied with Trip that time. That ruins the whole "I lost to Trip every time" flashback. Take down the tail, Pikachu! Oh wait, you took Serperior down too. You're so lucky! Bleah...

Unsettling male-to-male-to-male sauna scene. That will teach the kids.

And now, here we go with Bianca and Camoron. I really, really feel bad that Bianca was left crying on the floor while everyone else celebrated Cameron's win. I'm more amazed that Escavalier's crazy scary defense was just...brushed off as nothing else. They could've made Samurott use Hydro Cannon instead, but no, Razor Shell spam it is, and nobody pointed out if it reduced his defense or not. I'm going to go with this, but that makes Cameron pretty cheap.

And let's not talk about Riolu, who literally used the weakened Emboar as a living punching bag. That looked a bit cruel.

Poor Bianca. I hope your father didn't watch your anti-climatic defeat. Hopefully, the next episode will be a good one...

Spoiler:- That episode being...:
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 16th March 2013 at 6:11 PM.

Writers should of just given Ash a riolu egg. The fans want it but yet we get Cammy. Ugh... It is like the writers don't do anything the fans want. Best part had to be the Oshawott part. Poor guy just wanted to chill

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    Writers should of just given Ash a riolu egg.
    Or the adorable Aura Sphere Riolu from Sinnoh. Those two had quite a deep connection, which ended up with Riolu going back to his village...to get a cookie.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast