Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Mission: Defeat Your Rival! (765)

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Um concidering Ash lost.....
    But she still got to be a trainer didn't she? :P She owes just as much to Ash, so again not a counterargument.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    But she still got to be a trainer didn't she? :P She owes just as much to Ash, so again not a counterargument.
    Ya but at least she knows the damn basics -_-...you can call her a klutz all you want but she wasn't stupid.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Ya but at least she knows the damn basics -_-...you can call her a klutz all you want but she wasn't stupid.
    They both have their faults, and aren't all that different anyway. It didn't affect the episode for me, sorry it did for you. Neither of them is stupid, I would never say that, because I like them both.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

They both have their faults, and aren't all that different anyway. It didn't affect the episode for me, sorry it did for you. Neither of them is stupid, I would never say that, because I like them both.
    I don't care how competent his battling skills are, Kotetsu is stupid with a capital S.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

I don't care how competent his battling skills are, Kotetsu is stupid with a capital S.
    Your opinion, I disagree. Eitherway, I had no qualms with his battle, it was as good as any of the others.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Your opinion, I disagree. Eitherway, I had no qualms with his battle, it was as good as any of the others.
    Please name one way he wasn't stupid OUTSIDE of battle??

Please name one way he wasn't stupid OUTSIDE of battle??
    What do you mean? We didn't see much of him outside the battle in this episode lol. It's Ash's adventures, not his.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

What do you mean? We didn't see much of him outside the battle in this episode lol. It's Ash's adventures, not his.
    In all of his episodes -_-.....

In all of his episodes -_-.....
    This is only about this specific episode so that's what I'm talking about. Besides, we're done, you just want to bash him some more. I think my point has been made already, it was a decent episode. Nothing stellar, but a solid win for Kotetsu. It could have easily gone Bianca's way, but that's how the dice rolls sometimes.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

This is only about this specific episode so that's what I'm talking about. Besides, we're done, you just want to bash him some more. I think my point has been made already, it was a decent episode. Nothing stellar, but a solid win for Kotetsu. It could have easily gone Bianca's way, but that's how the dice rolls sometimes.
    Lol right......

Next your gonna say the final battle was a solid win for Kotetsu -_-....

Lol right......

Next your gonna say the final battle was a solid win for Kotetsu -_-....
    Don't put words in my mouth. I said this battle, that's only what I'm discussing. Don't be so arrogant.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Guys, this is supposed to be about Trip and Ash. Save the Cameron bashing until you get to his and Ash's battle.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Guys, this is supposed to be about Trip and Ash. Save the Cameron bashing until you get to his and Ash's battle.
    Or how about don't do it all because there was enough of that overreacting when the episode aired in Japan.

Too much of it. Hoping there'll be more people talking about and giving their opinions on the actual episode.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

Gohan, Rob. Wouldn't that be better to be discussed via VM?
    -

Something that annoyed me was that the battles felt odd. The flashbacks and talking lasted way too long while Pikachu was being squeezed. The battles lacked flow.

Ok what the actual **** -_-....
    Uh, the words I wrote were directly from the translated version of the japanese version. I'm not making **** (just in case you think so...)

The writers over did the stupid-yet-smart thing. They showed him to be too stupid outside the battles. They clearly didn't know how to balance things so...what should have been a lovable character turned into a character we all hate.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Crow View Post
    Or how about don't do it all because there was enough of that overreacting when the episode aired in Japan.

Too much of it. Hoping there'll be more people talking about and giving their opinions on the actual episode.
    If they were overreacting in Japan, that must mean that the writers had really screwed up. That's not my problem though. They shouldn't have done something dumb like that.

The writers over did the stupid-yet-smart thing. They showed him to be too stupid outside the battles. They clearly didn't know how to balance things so...what should have been a lovable character turned into a character we all hate.
    There was nothing smart about what they did with Trip and Bianca. Why take a likeable character like Kotetsu and make him unlikeable like that? Makes me want to have Trip back.

My ideal battle ever!

You know if Kotetsu had been a terrible trainer then I would not have liked him, but he's not. Battles are the one thing Kotetsu never fails in.

That and training his Pokémon, he never makes a mistake. I'd say Kotetsu's full compatibility as a trainer makes up for his scatterbrain antics.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    If they were overreacting in Japan, that must mean that the writers had really screwed up. That's not my problem though. They shouldn't have done something dumb like that.
    I didn't say they were overreacting in Japan, I meant on here when that episode aired in Japan. No offence, but a repeat of it is not necessary.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_Crow View Post
    You know if Kotetsu had been a terrible trainer then I would not have liked him, but he's not. Battles are the one thing Kotetsu never fails in.

That and training his Pokémon, he never makes a mistake. I'd say Kotetsu's full compatibility as a trainer makes up for his scatterbrain antics.
    I'm just gonna put this in a spoiler, view if you want

Spoiler:- Never makes mistakes?:
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post

Those are two incidents, two which aren't even hinted at being mistakes - they're more like bad choices - amongst the entirety of Cameron's battles which have been just fine. Cameron's capable as a trainer. How do you think he won all those badges? How did his Pokémon get strong? Sometimes Cameron needs his headband to help him in a situation he is stuck in, but other times Cameron can win a fight without getting a brainwave (like his battle against Bianca in this episode). As long as what Cameron does works out for him, as long as he can win a battle then that's all what matters.

He's the same kid who trained a Samurott that easily overpowered a Gym Leader's top Pokémon, a Riolu who shows great speed and dexterity and...

Spoiler:- For a Pokémon of Cameron's that has not yet been revealed:

Now Cameron's capability as a trainer is questionable outside of battling and training, but those mistakes only effects his journey and not his skills.

There is a mistake Cameron makes that does effect a battle, but it has nothing to do with his skills. The error only effects the situation of the fight.
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 24th March 2013 at 11:50 PM.

Are you kidding me... I'd find it more believable if Razor Shell just lowered it's defense like in game, but to use vibrations, what is this, the first season of Yu-gi-oh?
    You're going to have your Catapult Turtle Flying Castle Gambit and you're going to like it!

From what I've gathered, it feels like the writing team really dropped the ball for some reason. Seems like this league will begin and end in a very unsatisfying fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by jammiedodger View Post
    You're going to have your Catapult Turtle Flying Castle Gambit and you're going to like it!

From what I've gathered, it feels like the writing team really dropped the ball for some reason. Seems like this league will begin and end in a very unsatisfying fashion.
    "With my Catapult Turtle I can launch my Dragon Champion at your castle, shattering its flotation ring, thereby causing it to collapse on top of your monsters."

You don't know the half of it...literally XD
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Seriously this. Cameron is a terrible scatterbrain of a trainer that hurts a lot of his pokemon with his stupid mistakes.

Also to the people that are predicting a terrible conclusion to this league you guys have no idea what a stupid conclusion you guys are in for.

Shoutout to tazsaints from Deviantart for the photo.
    I always love dragon based teams.
    I know Charizard isn't a dragon type but he is in the Dragon Egg-group so close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDark View Post
    Seriously this. Cameron is a terrible scatterbrain of a trainer that hurts a lot of his pokemon with his stupid mistakes.
    So you see Cameron make TWO bad choices, completely throw his previous battle records out the window and judge him simply from those?

All of Cameron's other mistakes have nothing to do with battles and if he was a terrible trainer then he wouldn't have won all those badges.

Yes sometimes Cameron needs his headband to help him with ideas, but other times he doesn't (see his match against Bianca for example).

Cameron's Pokémon get hurt the same every other non-cruel and non-forceful trainer's Pokémon get hurt in a battle. They aren't complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDark View Post

Also to the people that are predicting a terrible conclusion to this league you guys have no idea what a stupid conclusion you guys are in for.
    This is about Ash and Trip. Let's stick to that in order not to have to worry about such trivial matters.

My ideal battle ever!

I'm so glad they got things wrapped up with Trip right away instead of waiting a few rounds for Ash to fight him. I just never liked him like I did Paul or Gary, so having him make an early exit was welcome news. I wish Ash would have chosen better than Pikachu to fight servine, but at least he still came away with a win.

6/10
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/04 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast