Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Mission: Defeat Your Rival! (765)

I would have liked to see Trip and Ash in a six on six battle than what was here and with Cameron. I really enjoyed Trip as a character. As far as being Ash's rival, all of the rivals in BW are either jokes, gags or just not given enough screentime. I was getting to like Trip in the Junior Cup since he was no longer as stucky than he was back in the beginning. But I rather re-watch Trip's matches than Cameron's any day. Trip would have been my ideal rival if only they would have done him better. I didn't like the teasing and childishness from Ash that came from watching Gary and I didn't like it that Paul was so rude and mean to others plus his pokemon as well. So Trip was finally a middle ground for me.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 19th May 2013 at 7:27 PM.

My ideal battle ever!

This episode left a bitter feeling in my mind. Trip got shafted in a 1 on 1 battle in the league. I liked him and Serperior here and they did good in the battle but god forbid that Ash loses early in a League we know he won't win anyway.

Default "Mission: Defeat Your Rival!"

This episode picked up where the last episode left off. Trip's Sereperior kept getting the upper hand on Ash's Pikachu in the battle. At one point, it squeezed Pikachu so hard that it started to turn Purple. Seeing this, Ash remembered all the times he lost to Trip.

When Serperior tried to slam Pikachu on the ground, Ash told him to use Iron Tail on the ground to protect himself. Pikachu smashed Iron Tail on the ground and it caused Serperior to release Pikachu from it's strong grip. Once Pikachu was free, Ash told him to use a Iron Tail/Electro Ball combo on Pikachu! After being hit by Pikachu's Iron Tail/Electro Ball combo attack, Trip's Serperior fainted from the impact, making Ash and Pikachu the winner!! Man, I'm glad Ash finally defeated his most OP Unova rival.

The next day, Bianca was up against (the annoying)Cameron! After Bianca's Escavalier got defeated by Cameron's Samurott, she sent out her powerhouse Pokémon......Emboar. It was surprising when Bianca told Emboar to use Attarct on Samurott, I didn't see that coming.

Emboar was able to defeat Samurott, but Cameron's next Pokémon was his OP Riolu. The battle between Cameron's (OP)Riolu and Bianca's Emboar was a huge disappointment. I hated how that Riolu defeated Emboar, making Cameron the winner and making poor Bianca cry. It's true that Bianca can be clumsy sometimes, but she didn't deserve to lose like that....espacially to a kid like Cameron.

Overall, this was an OK episode. I'm glad Ash finally defeated his OP rival Trip, but I am not fully satisfied with an one-on-one battle. It seemed like the writers were trying to make up for the terrible Pikachu vs. Snivy battle in BW001 by making their final battle an one-on-one battle. A full battle between Ash and Trip would've better. Oh Well, at least Ash and Trip's rivalry finally ended, their rivalry was terrible throughout the BW saga.

Cameron and Bianca's battle was just stupid! I didn't like seeing him beating her in the battle and making her cry like that. *Sigh*....If it wasn't for Ash, he wouldn't be in the league.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 28th December 2013 at 1:10 PM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Tbh I don't think it was a smart idea to take Trip out in the prelims regardless at how hateful people are towards him. Trip's early exit was poorly handled and slimmed Ash's chances of lasting longer then Top 8. Plus Ash and Pikachu's display was pretty poor overall, I mean he was at Trip's mercy and basically won through a combination of luck and Serperior's moveset conveniently becoming weaker since the Junior Cup.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011