Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 254

Thread: Mission: Defeat Your Rival! (765)

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    So I'm the only person who had a problem with how hacked that Samurott was?? Seriously Escavalier's defense was raised hella high and more then enough to take a Razor Shell.
    That was pretty bad, I agree (the explanation for it (shockwaves from the inside or whatever it was)) didn't even make sense
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

    Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dragon Village
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    So I'm the only person who had a problem with how hacked that Samurott was?? Seriously Escavalier's defense was raised hella high and more then enough to take a Razor Shell.
    Yeah I guess so, I didn't really have a problem with it. Though I was slightly miffed Bianca went down, I thought it was a unique way to get around Bianca's ultimate defense strategy. Besides it's the anime, obviously things aren't going to go the same as game logic. That being said, it wasn't like it was a completely unbelievable strategy, similar to when we saw his Ferrothorn Pin Missile that Eelektross inside it's mouth. It was the equivalent of finding the chink in the unbreakable armor.

    (credit goes to Skiyomi)

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    Yeah I guess so, I didn't really have a problem with it. Though I was slightly miffed Bianca went down, I thought it was a unique way to get around Bianca's ultimate defense strategy. Besides it's the anime, obviously things aren't going to go the same as game logic. That being said, it wasn't like it was a completely unbelievable strategy, similar to when we saw his Ferrothorn Pin Missile that Eelektross inside it's mouth. It was the equivalent of finding the chink in the unbreakable armor.
    Oh please the whole point of that stupid battle was to OP Kotetsu. It was crap and completely rushed.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dragon Village
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Oh please the whole point of that stupid battle was to OP Kotetsu. It was crap and completely rushed.
    Well I disagree, but honestly that was the thing you didn't like about the battle? Not Attract by freaking Emboar lol? At least the Samurott thing was an actual strategy.

    (credit goes to Skiyomi)

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    Well I disagree, but honestly that was the thing you didn't like about the battle? Not Attract by freaking Emboar lol? At least the Samurott thing was an actual strategy.
    Um, on Bel's part yes it was a strategy. Bel actually used her brain in that battle which I loved to see. Seriously Kotetsu wouldn't win one battle without that stupid bandanna.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dragon Village
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Um, on Bel's part yes it was a strategy. Bel actually used her brain in that battle which I loved to see. Seriously Kotetsu wouldn't win one battle without that stupid bandanna.
    So double standard much? Kotetsu showed just as much strategy as Bianca, whether you like him or not is irrelevant. I myself prefer Bianca, but actually give Kotetsu credit for his win here, which was one of his better battles.

    (credit goes to Skiyomi)

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mind your business
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Serperior going from solarbeam and frenzy plant to energy ball and wrap was unforgivable. It's pretty much the writers knowing they made it too good for ash to possibly beat and so phoned in a handy dose of plot induced failure on the two.
    This comment is a win. Serperior in the Junior Cup is still superior to the Unova league one. This episode title is good but I would have gone with a punish title like "The Tail end of the Rival Battle".

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    675

    Default

    Just going to point out that Cameron got the idea to get past Escavalier's defences without the help of his sweatband. If you recall; what Cameron ended up with was a sore head after snapping it on his forehead, failing to get a brainwave, but he managed to come up with an idea despite this.
    Last edited by Raptor_Crow; 23rd March 2013 at 4:04 AM.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

    Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    So double standard much? Kotetsu showed just as much strategy as Bianca, whether you like him or not is irrelevant. I myself prefer Bianca, but actually give Kotetsu credit for his win here, which was one of his better battles.
    Really?? Where is Bel's strategy causer??
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,945

    Default

    What strategy did Cameron use other then "I got it, lets spam Razor Shell till it does something"?
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  11. #211
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    What strategy did Cameron use other then "I got it, lets spam Razor Shell till it does something"?
    As much as I hate Cameron...

    His strategy wasn't spamming Razor Shell. It was "It may be able to perfectly prevent hits on the outside, but it can't prevent repercussions from the inside'.

    It suffered from internal vibrations of its shell, causing it to lose. Sometimes I wonder if you even watch the episodes...(jk)

    <--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

    FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \


  12. #212
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dragon Village
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Really?? Where is Bel's strategy causer??
    Like Raptor already said, he came up with something despite his headband brainwave-thing backfiring on him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    What strategy did Cameron use other then "I got it, lets spam Razor Shell till it does something"?
    As opposed to the other brilliant strategies, use attack x until the opponent faints. Nobody said it was great, but he found a way to damage Bianca's Pokemon despite the high defense and that deserves credit.

    (credit goes to Skiyomi)

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    As much as I hate Cameron...

    His strategy wasn't spamming Razor Shell. It was "It may be able to perfectly prevent hits on the outside, but it can't prevent repercussions from the inside'.

    It suffered from internal vibrations of its shell, causing it to lose
    . Sometimes I wonder if you even watch the episodes...(jk)
    Ok what the actual **** -_-....
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dragon Village
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Ok what the actual **** -_-....
    That made as much sense as a lot of other fights, hell even more so. But not everyone can be perfect right? :P It was a solid win for Kotetsu. And I felt even despite my wanting her to win, Bianca didn't deserve it there.

    (credit goes to Skiyomi)

  15. #215
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    As much as I hate Cameron...

    His strategy wasn't spamming Razor Shell. It was "It may be able to perfectly prevent hits on the outside, but it can't prevent repercussions from the inside'.

    It suffered from internal vibrations of its shell, causing it to lose. Sometimes I wonder if you even watch the episodes...(jk)
    Are you kidding me... I'd find it more believable if Razor Shell just lowered it's defense like in game, but to use vibrations, what is this, the first season of Yu-gi-oh?
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  16. #216
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    That made as much sense as a lot of other fights, hell even more so. But not everyone can be perfect right? :P It was a solid win for Kotetsu. And I felt even despite my wanting her to win, Bianca didn't deserve it there.
    HE DIDN'T DESERVE TO BE IN THE LEAGUE AT ALL!!!!

    In fact, without Ash, he wouldn't ****ing be.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  17. #217
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dragon Village
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Are you kidding me... I'd find it more believable if Razor Shell just lowered it's defense like in game, but to use vibrations, what is this, the first season of Yu-gi-oh?
    Iron Defense doesn't nullify all damage anyway, so I don't get the big deal. It's a move that raises defense, no defense is perfect. He found a way around it and won. What's wrong with that? Oh yeah, it's him let's bash him :PP

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    HE DIDN'T DESERVE TO BE IN THE LEAGUE AT ALL!!!!

    In fact, without Ash, he wouldn't ****ing be.
    That has no bearing on his battling ability, which wasn't bad.

    I mean rage all you want about how you hate him, but it's baseless.

    (credit goes to Skiyomi)

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    Iron Defense doesn't nullify all damage anyway, so I don't get the big deal. It's a move that raises defense, no defense is perfect. He found a way around it and won. What's wrong with that? Oh yeah, it's him let's bash him :PP



    That has no bearing on his battling ability, which wasn't bad.

    I mean rage all you want about how you hate him, but it's baseless.
    You said Bel didn't deserve the win here while Kotetsu didn't even deserve to be here.

    If the strategy is so damn stupid that Ash wouldn't even think of it, you know you did something wrong -_-....
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  19. #219
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dragon Village
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    You said Bel didn't deserve the win here while Kotetsu didn't even deserve to be here.

    If the strategy is so damn stupid that Ash wouldn't even think of it, you know you did something wrong -_-....
    He deserved to be there, he got his badges. He could have missed it, but he earned his right to be there.

    You know that wasn't said, so I don't see how it's a counterargument lol. Besides, we don't wanna get into the multitude of dumb mistakes the characters have made in battles lol.

    (credit goes to Skiyomi)

  20. #220
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,740

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    HE DIDN'T DESERVE TO BE IN THE LEAGUE AT ALL!!!!

    In fact, without Ash, he wouldn't ****ing be.
    I could not disagree anymore, as much as you guys might not like Cameron he earned his badges and provded his strength and earned his spot in the league.

    Bianca has been relying on her Emboar too much and she can't be a super strong trainer just relying on one Pokemon, none of her other Pokemon have gotten wins on-screen which is pretty silly. Escavalier and Minccino are more interesting to me.

  21. #221
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    He deserved to be there, he got his badges. He could have missed it, but he earned his right to be there.

    You know that wasn't said, so I don't see how it's a counterargument lol. Besides, we don't wanna get into the multitude of dumb mistakes the characters have made in battles lol.
    Again -_-.....thanks to Ash.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  22. #222
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dragon Village
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Again -_-.....thanks to Ash.
    And again, he deserved to be there. Whether you want him to be or not has no relevance, but you already knew that.

    (credit goes to Skiyomi)

  23. #223
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    And again, he deserved to be there. Whether you want him to be or not has no relevance, but you already knew that.
    Without Ash he would have 7 badges and be in Johto -_-......
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  24. #224
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dragon Village
    Posts
    2,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Without Ash he would have 7 badges and be in Johto -_-......
    Without Ash, Bianca would be back home. We could do this all night lol.

    (credit goes to Skiyomi)

  25. #225
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    Without Ash, Bianca would be back home. We could do this all night lol.
    Um concidering Ash lost.....
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •