Page 173 of 174 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174 LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,325 of 4336

Thread: Pokémon Best Wishes Series 2 Episode N [FIRST POST]

  1. #4301
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lima, Perú
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    I posted a while back saying the exact same as Cyber.

    Come on guys, Charizard may be returning but it's definetly not gonna be the main focus of the arc, he'll most likely return just before Movie 16 (May/June). Hopefully his return is better than Dawn's (which won't be hard to do) and he actually has good screentime.

    Anyway, yeah stop overhyping yourselves. We all know how awesome Charizard is but that doesn't make him any more important.
    Yeah dude i think that too .. Charizard will be important but not a lot or not be the main character.. N does .. but only i want a charizard kicking reshiram and not facing only like v.s entei..

  2. #4302
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Surrounded by 10,000 lakes
    Posts
    1,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I hate going off topic... but Torterra didn't get weaker, it was placed in battles that it wasn't allowed to win.
    While I agree with you, Torterra should have won some of those battles with ease. It also seemed stronger as a Turtwig.

    Hopefully Charizard can do some damage to Reshiram, or at least hold his own long enough.

  3. #4303
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    While I agree with you, Torterra should have won some of those battles with ease. It also seemed stronger as a Turtwig.

    Hopefully Charizard can do some damage to Reshiram, or at least hold his own long enough.
    I know. Because a Turtwig could totally have beaten an E4, Volkner's anti ground electivire and Drapion right?

  4. #4304
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mind your business
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    While I agree with you, Torterra should have won some of those battles with ease. It also seemed stronger as a Turtwig.

    Hopefully Charizard can do some damage to Reshiram, or at least hold his own long enough.
    Torterra's problem was that his body and Ash's style didn't go together. Ash tried to make him something he isn't. They basically threw away what Paul's Torterra showed them. H also fell victim to plot devices and lost so other Pokemon could get wins. He didn't seem stronger but he simply had a better showing as a Turtwig. I'm sure Charizard will hold his own he has been training non stop for 4 whole generations now.
    Last edited by J Ken; 26th January 2013 at 6:29 AM.

  5. #4305
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Surrounded by 10,000 lakes
    Posts
    1,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I know. Because a Turtwig could totally have beaten an E4, Volkner's anti ground electivire and Drapion right?
    Bulbasaur has done some amazing stuff, I'm pretty sure if it would of stayed as a Turtwig it would have performed well in these battles, again this is hypothetical. As you say tiny plot armor ftw!

  6. #4306
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    Bulbasaur has done some amazing stuff, I'm pretty sure if it would of stayed as a Turtwig it would have performed well in these battles, again this is hypothetical. As you say tiny plot armor ftw!
    Oh yes pardon me if I am not as enamored with Bulbsaur's shining super armor of plot as many people here. None of the enemies bulbasaur fought were near the caliber of even Electivire, arguably the weakest enemy torterra fought. Closest was a weakend dusclops and a solrock which it couldhit SE with grass moves.

    Turtwig not only would not have been able to do meaningful damage to any of them, especially Hippowdon, but it also would have been OHKOd faster than it would take for Ash to say turtwig get up!

  7. #4307
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    partying in animeland
    Posts
    339

    Default

    heres something stupid i honestly hope the writers wont do.....have ash give his charizard to iris for no reason. heck even if there is some idiotic reason i hope they dont due it the backlash would put them out of the anime busine.........on second thought maybe they should do it.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

    Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

  8. #4308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokedigijedi View Post
    heres something stupid i honestly hope the writers wont do.....have ash give his charizard to iris for no reason. heck even if there is some idiotic reason i hope they dont due it the backlash would put them out of the anime busine.........on second thought maybe they should do it.
    Don't worry, Ash probably won't give Charizard to Iris...he'll give it to Dawn
    It's not even a dragon type and I think it would be better for Iris' character if she caught her own Pokemon, and not have someone give a Pokemon to her.
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

  9. #4309
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    Torterra's problem was that his body and Ash's style didn't go together.
    Ash does perfectly well with Snorlax though, Torterra just kinda...sucks and Infernape took over. :P

  10. #4310
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mind your business
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    Ash does perfectly well with Snorlax though, Torterra just kinda...sucks and Infernape took over. :P
    There is a difference though. Ash never tried to force Snorlax to use speedy attacks. As for Infernape he only took over because the plot needed it to be like that. Torterra was the victim of poor decisions on the witers part. But not everyone can get wins. Look at how Ash's Unova team did in the league.

  11. #4311
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokedigijedi View Post
    heres something stupid i honestly hope the writers wont do.....have ash give his charizard to iris for no reason. heck even if there is some idiotic reason i hope they dont due it the backlash would put them out of the anime busine.........on second thought maybe they should do it.
    They should just do it to be honest. Ash uses Charizard so infrequently that it amazes me that it's still considered to be his Pokemon. I think he should surrender it completely and give/trade it to someone who will actually have a use for it. Simply letting Charizard stay in Johto and calling upon him once in a millennium just seems like Pokemon neglect.

  12. #4312
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mind your business
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    They should just do it to be honest. Ash uses Charizard so infrequently that it amazes me that it's still considered to be his Pokemon. I think he should either surrender it completely, or give/trade it to someone who will actually have a use for it. Just letting Charizard stay in Johto and calling upon him once in a millennium just seems like Pokemon neglect.
    It's that Ash realizes that training with it's own kind would benefit Charizard more then training with him would. If Ash kept Charizard it probably would have just been a league fall guy like Pikachu has been.

  13. #4313
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    They should just do it to be honest. Ash uses Charizard so infrequently that it amazes me that it's still considered to be his Pokemon. I think he should surrender it completely and give/trade it to someone who will actually have a use for it. Simply letting Charizard stay in Johto and calling upon him once in a millennium just seems like Pokemon neglect.
    Thats an argument that could be made out of every one of Ashs Pokemon Come on, theyre all so unused that by your reasoning, none of them whatsoever should qualify as his Pokemon




  14. #4314
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    I don't remember...
    Posts
    1,338

    Default

    Ash left him behind because he realized that charizard needed to train with his own kind, as it was weaker than most of them. Another reason for leaving him was that he kept disobeying him. All of these reasons meant that he left him and he gets called upon at certain times. Actually i think the last time he was called upon was to battle brandon, which was years ago. i thought they'd forgotten him. now if only they could remember kingler, bulbasaur etc.

    Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.



  15. #4315
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fitzy909 View Post
    Ash left him behind because he realized that charizard needed to train with his own kind, as it was weaker than most of them. Another reason for leaving him was that he kept disobeying him. All of these reasons meant that he left him and he gets called upon at certain times. Actually i think the last time he was called upon was to battle brandon, which was years ago. i thought they'd forgotten him. now if only they could remember kingler, bulbasaur etc.
    Charizard was weaker than any Charizard in Charizific Valley. Charizard challenged the weakest Charizard in there and lost.
    And Charizard began to obey Ash in "Charizard Chills".
    Welcome back Charizard! I've missed you so much! <3

  16. #4316
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Not in Obamaland
    Posts
    5,867

    Default

    Seriously. That Charizific Valley (I don't care HOW it's actually spelled, btw) was just the dumbest thing ever. Since it's final evolution, everyone could see what a monster in terms of strength Charizard was. Then comes this random valley exclusive to only one type of Pokemon, run by a "Lisa Ortiz Character" who owns a female Charizard with a stupid bow, and ALL of those Charizards are humoungously more powerful than Ash's Charizard?

    It was a dumb idea then, and it's still a dumb idea now.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets


    At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

    I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

  17. #4317
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    297

    Default

    What would have been better?
    A allready strong pokemon who only seeks strenght & worthy opponents staying in ash's care who hardly trains and oaks pokemon as he travvels through generations,
    or let it train daily with other, very strong charizard, knowing he'll eventually become the strongest? (wanting to be the best is in its nature & it has the potential)
    Results:
    - It had a awesome run against entei (it eventually lost cause of the spikes entei was controlling all arround him)
    - Kept a strong outraging dragonite at bay
    - Owned Clair's dragonair
    (surprising even Liza, ash sent it back to the valley for even more training)
    - Demolished gary's scizor & golem + owned gary's strongest pokemon blastoise
    - Sent Harisson's strongest pokemon into the hospital the next day, thus costing him the league (it was more of a plot-loss than anything else)
    - Won against Articuno and trained afterwards
    - lost against dusclops after being baffled with confuse-ray, locked in by mean-look, hurt by will-o-whisp, -still wearing down dusclops- and eventially
    losing cause of ash's idiocy trying to use seismic toss to finish the battle, making it eat a shadowpunch and slam into the ground.

  18. #4318
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    They should just do it to be honest. Ash uses Charizard so infrequently that it amazes me that it's still considered to be his Pokemon. I think he should surrender it completely and give/trade it to someone who will actually have a use for it. Simply letting Charizard stay in Johto and calling upon him once in a millennium just seems like Pokemon neglect.
    Oh the hypocrisy -.- When I so much as hinted at doing the same with Bulbasaur the forums exploded with rage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    Seriously. That Charizific Valley (I don't care HOW it's actually spelled, btw) was just the dumbest thing ever. Since it's final evolution, everyone could see what a monster in terms of strength Charizard was. Then comes this random valley exclusive to only one type of Pokemon, run by a "Lisa Ortiz Character" who owns a female Charizard with a stupid bow, and ALL of those Charizards are humoungously more powerful than Ash's Charizard?

    It was a dumb idea then, and it's still a dumb idea now.
    It was never about being fair to Charizard or making him stronger. It was just a cheap shot to kick him out so they could show off Cyndaquil without having it be horribly underpowered and overshadowed.
    Last edited by LizardonX; 26th January 2013 at 4:29 PM.

  19. #4319
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Sanctuary
    Posts
    1,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Oh the hypocrisy -.- When I so much as hinted at doing the same with Bulbasaur the forums exploded with rage.



    It was never about being fair to Charizard or making him stronger. It was just a cheap shot to kick him out so they could show off Cyndaquil without having it be horribly underpowered and overshadowed.
    It's okay P2 most of us on here try to ignore stupid posts made by people who hate the anime yet still watch it.

    This thread has exploded into hate over the Zard c'mon guys he's the man

  20. #4320
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Castelia City
    Posts
    111

    Default

    I don't get why people don't think Charizard could beat Reshiram. Sceptile beat an uber Darkrai... What's the difference?



    Never fear, N is here!

  21. #4321
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7,488

    Default

    Darkrai, Latios, Latias, Cresselia, Heatran, Regis, Birds, Beasts.. They're all on a believably beatable level..

    Reshiram, Zekrom, Dialga, Palkia, Ho-oh, Lugia, etc.. They're all a much higher level and have the power to f*** up the world, so your average Pokémon beating them in the anime is kinda hard to believe.

    But then again, I think we all know Ash's Charizard and Pikachu aren't your average Pokémon..
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

    This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

  22. #4322
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by N... View Post
    I don't get why people don't think Charizard could beat Reshiram. Sceptile beat an uber Darkrai... What's the difference?
    Reshiram is a deity.

    Think of Darkrai as someone like Hercules. Reshiram would be Hephaestus.

  23. #4323
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,942

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Darkrai, Latios, Latias, Cresselia, Heatran, Regis, Birds, Beasts.. They're all on a believably beatable level..

    Reshiram, Zekrom, Dialga, Palkia, Ho-oh, Lugia, etc.. They're all a much higher level and have the power to f*** up the world, so your average Pokémon beating them in the anime is kinda hard to believe.

    But then again, I think we all know Ash's Charizard and Pikachu aren't your average Pokémon..
    Remember that time when Pikachu attacked Giratina... nothing happened in the slightest. So no, even though Ash's top 2 Pokemon aren't ordinary, they still cannot be classed on the same level as deity's
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  24. #4324
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Remember that time when Pikachu attacked Giratina... nothing happened in the slightest. So no, even though Ash's top 2 Pokemon aren't ordinary, they still cannot be classed on the same level as deity's
    What attack did Pikachu use? If it used Quick Attack, it's only natural it didn't damage Giratina thanks to it being a Ghost/Dragon type Pokemon.
    Welcome back Charizard! I've missed you so much! <3

  25. #4325
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    833

    Default

    Wow the Charizard thread got merged. 8)

Page 173 of 174 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •