Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Real life or virtual life?

I hate both worlds. Real people suck because they are just mean, and Internet people don't know me. If I could make my own world, I would. Utopia all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Klizcool View Post
    I hate both worlds. Real people suck because they are just mean, and Internet people don't know me. If I could make my own world, I would. Utopia all the way!
    It starts with a dream. Then the next thing you know, you've built a doomsday device and are having your *** kicked by a guy in tights.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

I like both equally; both have their upsides and downsides. I can't really choose between my internet friends and my IRL friends, I love them both so much.

bother me here please
    princess of 彼氏ホーム親友

well, i like both, but i prefer virtual life more.. i'm a huge klutz in real life, and when i'm online, i can't embarrass myself by tripping over a flat surfafe. like i usually do. .___.

Virtual world. I happen to find that a lot more people with common disabilities and interests as me. Where as the real world... D:<
    Y IGN is Arkis, X IGN is Starvein. I'm going to be restarting Y version after getting 10 shinies, so far it's 2/10 shinies, cause Wonder trade was a loving option two nights ago....

The title of this thread is misleading. It should be titled, "Real life or sitting around on the internet as much as you possibly can?"

I prefer the real world.

Real world, for specific reasons. Both worlds have good and bad people, they both have dark sides. But, I find it easier to interact with people in the real world.
    Shaymin is amazing!
    ~ ★

This thread is stupid.

Sorry but it is.

But **** do you guys remember that episode of Batman Beyond where Mindbender was all selling kids virtual-reality like it was drugs? And at the end he was all awwwwwwww man. ****.
    Last edited by Cipher; 2nd December 2012 at 3:59 AM.

Well I only signed up in this forum for trading. Than I actually got friends on here and found some cool threads where everyone is friendly. Now I mainly use this site to stay in touch with those people.

But real life is way better.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

I can't say that I have an extreme fondness for either one but I do enjoy parts of both. I mainly use the internet for talking to my friends who have moved away so the lines are kind of blurred there I guess. I probably spend more time online because I can't stand dealing with people in person but I get depressed a lot of the time when I try to talk to strangers online because they often have nothing in common with me.

Id say the Virtual world. It might sound dumb but people seem to identify with me more online and often dont really understand me in real life.

It is very nice to be able to communicate with people all over the planet, but I have to have my real life friends too.

My best friends are on the internet. That among many other reasons make me prefer the internet to RL.
    Hail zee master Arceus!

I think ever since the internet chat/forums first got popular I've been on and off the computer a lot. I prefer going out and hanging out with people, however, my friends suck. (ok it's my fault I moved cross country BUT they could at least answer my messages!) People I have never met before are better at giving me UN-biased advice, answering me promptly, and don't seem to judge me as much as my real friends.

I enjoy real life a lot more

Mostly because I am too cool to fit in with most of you
    oopsie

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post

Maybe you're actually too lame and just happen to have friends who are lame also.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post

oh please your just another ****ing marigold sniffer

Quote Originally Posted by MissDigitalis View Post
    Maybe you're actually too lame and just happen to have friends who are lame also.
    its probably because i find real life to be enjoyable and i dont wallow in self pity unlike some of you kiddos
    oh and i really dont take anything too close to heart that comes from the internet (word of advice take heed!)
    Quote Originally Posted by TruthWHIP View Post
    oh please your just another ****ing marigold sniffer
    yes
    oopsie

I have to say that at my current situation Real Life is almost as good as it gets, it just misses €600.000 to be perfect :P
    But I can relate to the TS too.

And to be perfectly honest, my (social)life really is a big mixture of the on- and offline world.
    And to be even more honest, my Real Life would not be nearly as good as it is now if it wasn't for the online world.
    I have met a lot of my friend online due to different games and communities.
    Those are friends I first met online, then met offline and they are now very good friends I speak with and meet up with on a regular basis.

And last but most certainly not least, a couple of year ago I went through a rather dark period, I fled online to escape it and some people online really helped me get through it.
    I am 100% sure that if it wasn't for those people I would say I would answered here that I prefer my Virtual Life over my real one.
    During that period I also met the most wonderful girl ever to walk into my life (yes, I met her online) and because of her my Virtual Life will never be as good as my Real Life ever again cause she's now my girlfriend and we're very happy together for more than a year already

So as a conclusion to this way too long and personal text:
    I love my Real Life and my Virtual Life because of all the friend I made all over the world online and met offline too. But I prefer my Real Life.

I prefer the internet. I have many more friends online than I do in real life because I'm a social misfit and in general just try to blend in as much as possible... The internet changed me into a bitter, pessimistic, cynical individual that hates humanity, but I like the internet and I like my status as a bitter, pessimistic, cynical individual that hates humanity. I hate being around people that are all sunshine and rainbows and are optimistic.

Ugh, my life sucks, I'd so want to have a virtual life to restart, i just want to leave this world.

I've grown to dislke the net rather a bit nowadays in a fair sense due to drama and trolls i've encountered over time on google.....and its really bugged me mentally at such a deep level. Espesally as I never really got to see much of the outside world growing up to begin with....(being an aspie is rough )

All my friends (outside my family, so far, pretty much...) are basicly online, though. I don't really have any irl friends....yet. But online I now have a friend who like gets axiety attacks over me even MENSIONING having a crush on riku from kingdom hearts now (just over some argument we had a few days ago. before then, she apperently didn't seem to have a problum at all.....or at least i hope she didn't).

I can't stand the thought that I have to like act like a whole different person around some people now online.....it really bugs me. I can't stand being controlled....At least, in real life, things don't have to work like some kind of forum. And being more quiet about things is probably a good idea. I'm sure if you talk too much in real life, people are a lot more apt to be annoyed. Could prove to teach better self control....in real life, there's just not so much 'obsessing' over big interests as there is finding commen ground more as a whole. Not like you can re-read posts or anything. I guess, I would feel a bit more secure and okay just being me. And there might just be that much less drama as there was the last few days....

Overall, I plan on going online less now.....and the real life more.

Though, maybe earlier this year, I would of voted the net without a doubt, maybe. There really is a lot of fun things to do.....and, making friends is really easy, too. For me anyways.

But, i'd like to give the outside world more of a chance now.....i'm sick of feeling so.. sheltered. :/ Which is often how i've felt being online so much. I'm not really seeing the whole real wide world I feel I should be seeing.....I guess I don't know what else to comment now, though. Its cool to hear a lot of people here actually prefer real life. With my confused thoughts about the outside world till now, I guess, its a bit shocking/confusing to me. But i'll learn better...

But, yeah, it'd be nice to become closer to maybe some kind of person in my town. If I actually am willing to try....

Even if some people around here are just plain snotty. But, meh. I don't wanna fear the darkness. I believe anyone can have the good brought out in them....trust me, its better that way~

"Give hope to all the people on this planet"-Maria.

(all out, overall, yeah, we live in some messed up little town....)

But, yeah. I wanna try to use the internet for social connections less now. It can just seem so...dramatic for me. Sometimes it can just feel more fun to play video games and stuff for a good few hours, even if I do, indeed, love my friends and many other people I am blessed enouth to meet on here~

Here goes my 2 cents now~
    Riku from kingdom hearts is so hot :P

^ rawr :P ITS A LION ADD THING. XD

I definitely have more people I can relate to on the internet. I'd definitely say I like my virtual life more.. Meh, just my opinion

I like both.

Real Life is fun in the course of embarrassing myself, making friends, chatting and eating like ****. (and playing music too! Pizza parties ftw!)
    Virtually I can relate to more people, and it's much more convenient. And I love the forums!

The difference is that I'm not really a hardcore gamer or anything. I just get bored easily... My parents care about me being n the Internet for 'too long' to the point that it can be somewhat irritating lol

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast