Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Real life or virtual life?

online firends are cool and all but once you get close enough to them, it just gets more depressing as time passes, knowing it is highly unlikely that you will ever get the chance to meet them. once i found the right people i pretty much completely converted to real life relationships.

Oh dear, how do people type so much in such a 'one or the other' simple question topic?

I would say my real life. Even though my problems and flaws does not apply online

Quote Originally Posted by Mandi. View Post
    Oh dear, how do people type so much in such a 'one or the other' simple question topic?
    they're explaining themselves?

To be honest, I prefer being in virtual life because I have so many friends over there. But in real life, my little sister and my parents are my 'close friends', in real world, I don't have best friend. But, in virtual world, I would not tell my real name because it's private. I don't want to be chased by outside people.

Nothing but basic. You want to know me more? Ask me everything! I am otaku, fujoshi, love yuri too. Wat are you looking me? xP It's basic
    Favorite 2014 Anime characters so far : Haruka/Konoha/Kuroha Kokonose, Rin Matsuoka, Clear (DMMD), Haru Ichinose, Ayato Kirishima, Kaine Seiya, Shoyou Hinata, Izumi Sena, Souji Okita (BakuRock!), Yato, Yuu Sonoda, Nico Yazawa

Pros and cons to both...
    But to be perfectly honest, as much as i love online...Online life is very...uhm well its hard for us to use effectively. Iguess you could say we're not made to do things through the internet.
    When I say that, I mean we lose many key factors in how we interpret things...no body language, no tone of voice, no social pressure (as much as i fudgen dislike, I understand the use of it. >3>)...All we have is words. Its why I ALWAYS use emotes...because i want others to get the right idea of how i reacted in real life. xD;...

As for a preference of mine...I'm nuch better at online life. No seriously, I can't argue back for shiz in real life... (I mean like, I hate being pressured for a response to an arguement right away. My mind doesn't work that way. I prefer to slow reason through things, and most importantly, check our previous posts. A lot of times arguements turn into back and worth about this and that...Memory is ****ing useless in that situation. >_>...lol You said this! No, I said this! Thats not how I remember it! And then the arguement turns into a fight, or leaves everybody with a horrible taste in their mouth. Not knowing who was right and who was wrong...While also feeling enraged at the person you are arguing with. Being on the internet for most of my intelligent life, I can't help but feel so god damn terrible everytime something like that happens...

But that forced restraint ends up being a good thing in many cases...Honestly, the internet would be better at this if half of the people on it showed some restraint. >_>

but thats just me rambling on....
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

It truly depends on the user. for me, balance is necessary. Yes, I like using the internet too. Yet I enjoy moments in real life too. I'm a travelling guy you could say. Watch tron legacy and the matrix for a better understanding about the topic
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

I like both. Both have their good and bad sides, so I'm not gonna choose one over the other.

I prefer both of them. The virtual life has a vast database of knowledge and I get to relate to more people. But it's nice to get out of the house and have fun, with or without friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotwapal View Post
    its probably because i find real life to be enjoyable and i dont wallow in self pity unlike some of you kiddos
    oh and i really dont take anything too close to heart that comes from the internet (word of advice take heed!)
    Dude, get over yourself. As if you know what everyone here is like outside of these forums. Why don't you prove it rather than being an obvious troll? If you got the audacity, post a picture of yourself and let these people decide whether or not you're cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerdax View Post
    If you got the audacity, post a picture of yourself and let these people decide whether or not you're cool.
    A morsel of advice: quit while you're ahead. I can tell right now you're on track to embarrassing yourself pretty damn thoroughly, and I don't think you want to do that.

Relatedly, I think it's rather revealing how many people get so defensive when someone says they're potentially too absorbed in the internet and its ability to let them escape to unhealthy extents. Especially when, in that same post, there's a line advising you not to let everything on an internet full of strangers and anonymity bother you -- irony at its finest.

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama

I say real life. You can interact with the person you're talking to. You don't have to wait for posts or get messed with internet. You could hang out, eat together, and plays games together. You also aren't restricted by forum rules and could talk about anything you want.

Virtual has it's pros too. You could meet a whole lot of new people.

Probably real life, you can reset virtual life's and no one wants to be reset especially after they get a good life

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123