Thread: Ruby or Dia?

Default Ruby or Dia?

You know this guys are both good.

Ruby loves Pokemon contests. (He's strong but he won't use his pokemons on battles)

Dia is a comedian. (Same thing as Ruby except the contests.)

"Pokeballs are red, water is blue, I came here to search for you and I will catch you!"
    ~brendan25

Current Team in Pokemon Y:

3DS FC: 2895-7891-8754

I honestly like both of them equal. I hate Ruby's Design, but like his personality. I hate Dia's personality, but love his design. If I had to pick, though, it would be Dia.

I like both really well. Ruby has a great team and great development, and Ruby/Sapphire was a great arc for me, while I like Dia's one-of-the-kind personality. His introduction really surprised me, since I was expecting a more 'serious' character to fit Special's mood. I love his interactions with Platina and Pearl too!

I'm going to have to go with Dia by a close margin. RS seemed slightly too dark for my taste. DP, was to me, more balanced and funny thanks to Dia. I love it when he snaps too. It shows the 'other side' of his character.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Dia was so cute i voted for him . Ruby was a jerk when he ignored my princess Sapphire.

I'm not a fan of Ruby, so Dia.
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

Both are good but Dia for me overall. He's a goofball but man is he infectious.

Don't make me answer this. They're my top two characters in Pokespe. I'm sorry Gold.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

I don't even understand why they are being compared? XD;

I like both. I loved Ruby's development though. I haven't finished DPPt so I can't really put in a fair vote anyway.

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

I'm about equally far into both Arcs, and from this point, Dia is just really boring - although funny. I just don't think he could go by himself, and even his interaction's with Pearl aren't very serious ... : p

As far as Ruby goes, he average - could go either way. But when side-by-side with Dia, I'd choose him anyway.

For a little bit I didn't understand why they were being compared, but now I'm startin' 'ta see it...
    font size one

Well since everyone else is talking about their favorite between them, for me it's Ruby. He was the star of his storyline arc and probably received the most storyline/development of all characters in PokeSpe. Diamond, I have never liked at all. His character was unappealing and disappointing to me, and his character really felt forced at times imo and like they were purposely going out of their way to not give him much development--at least compared to Pearl and Platinum. I hate the Dia nickname too, but that's beside the point.

Blast. I can't choose! I like both of them... so why not both?

I find both of them annoying, but to pick the lesser of two evils, I'd say Dia.
    "It's not who I am inside, but what I do that defines me."- Batman. Started by GreatGonzales

Ruby all the way!

I'd go for Dia, as much as I enjoy Ruby and his very camp personality, Dia is cuter and comes off as a more relateable character, at least to me, his more calmer personality makes him more interesting to read.
    ~Disclaimer: If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared to not only retract it, but also to deny under oath I ever said it. ~

Dia I view him as an awesome trainer.

Dia deffo!

Ruby. I found his development as a character much more interesting.

I like both of them equally. They're both great

Ruby over Dia!
    Ruby OWNS!

I am a proud member of the
    Extraordinary Gentleman's Organization (E.G.O.)

I really liked Ruby more. His interest in Contests was refreshing and he wasn't just a comedic relief character like Dia was most of the time. He had depth to his character as well and even though he seemed quite vain and shallow at times, he was still more heroic than Dia in my opinion even if he didn't like battling if he could help it.

My response is similar to Briankelly130 so....

Quote Originally Posted by Briankelly130 View Post
    I'd go for Dia, as much as I enjoy Ruby and his very camp personality, Dia is cuter and comes off as a more relateable character, at least to me, his more calmer personality makes him more interesting to read.

I like them both but if I had to choose one it would be Ruby.
    Pokemon Platinum Team

White FC: 3612 3314 0759