Thread: Is Specialshipping (Red x Yellow) actually confirmed?

Default Is Specialshipping (Red x Yellow) actually confirmed?

I read on this one site (a site that I cannot mention on this forum due to certain rules) that Kusaka himself mentioned that Red and Yellow are in a relationship. Is that actually true? Because if it is...first and only shipping in the entire Pokemon franchise that actually happened. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    I read on this one site (a site that I cannot mention on this forum due to certain rules) that Kusaka himself mentioned that Red and Yellow are in a relationship. Is that actually true? Because if it is...first and only shipping in the entire Pokemon franchise that actually happened. XD

Yes......

but the complete sentences is "Yellow is Red's valentine (?)" lol

This is the first vote in 2005 official announcement.

Yeah, no. That's not how it works. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    Yes......

but the complete sentences is "Yellow is Red's valentine (?)" lol

This is the first vote in 2005 official announcement.
    There. The answer is "no", then.

What? I never heard about Red and Yellow being a couple. While it's a cute little shipping I don't think it's happened? Has it?
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    What? I never heard about Red and Yellow being a couple. While it's a cute little shipping I don't think it's happened? Has it?
    Taking into account Red has 19 year old currently,

and we will have a chapter of Red and Pika. (may involve Yellow minor)

This is not impossible, but not yet, right.
    Last edited by e9310103838; 30th November 2012 at 4:02 AM.

So, from what I'm gathering from this thread....there's a possible Valentine sidestory starring Red and Pika with SpecialShipping involved?

Hm, I support the ship, so I wouldn't mind it happening. But if SpecialShipping actually does become canon, then I have only one thing to say....

tumblr_m84zyvSShq1rca2oto1_400.jpg

As opposed to the official manga couple Ruby x Sapphire....? Uh, okay then.

NORMAL GROUND FIGHTING ROCK STEEL BUG DRAGON FLYING GHOST POISON

Which will you choose?

Image not drawn by me. Editing done on MS Paint. Any help on turning this into a proper sig would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimchu View Post
    So, from what I'm gathering from this thread....there's a possible Valentine sidestory starring Red and Pika with SpecialShipping involved?
    No. Can we take this to the Shipping section now?

Shipping talk isn't even allowed here anymore.

Oh lawd no.

I don't think it is true. Their Pikachus are though

This is the first I've heard about that. I'm a hardcore Specialshipper and I've never heard anything about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Espeon 114x View Post
    This is the first I've heard about that. I'm a hardcore Specialshipper and I've never heard anything about that.
    But this does exist, as long as you find the link in that year.

And they did give it more flexible.

No, and I hope it never does (though that's not likely). Don't trainers take after their Pokemon, or is that anime only?

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    No, and I hope it never does (though that's not likely). Don't trainers take after their Pokemon, or is that anime only?
    They never mention such a thing in Special, so I think it's anime only. Coincidence does exists, but for now the only Special shipping thing Pokespecial has is Yellow's crush on Red.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamingflower View Post
    They never mention such a thing in Special, so I think it's anime only. Coincidence does exists, but for now the only Special shipping thing Pokespecial has is Yellow's crush on Red.
    Unless you're Gold.

And aside from RubyxSapphire, Kusaka dropped THE most hints of Specialshipping than any other shipping in the manga. For example, the countless times when Yellow's fishing rod got hooked onto Red's pinky, their Pikachu mating, Yellow receiving Red's Pokedex, Red carrying Yellow while being petrified, etc etc. If Yellow and Red appear together one more time in the manga, then I wouldn't be surprised (actually I would bet on) the two ending up as a couple. I know Pokemon Adventures isn't a romantic-themed manga but still there should be at least one couple portrayed among the main characters. It would make the most sense for the most popular shipping to become true if one did.

Shouldn't this be in the shippers community?

As much as I wish it was, it's not. Specialshipping is one-sided on Yellow's part. It's not an actual canon ship. The closest we have is FranticShipping but that's all.

3DS FC: 0748-3470-9720 ♥

GIF Credit | Author's Profile | Tumblr
    Sailor Moon Club | PokeSpe Club

Geez, not this **** again. I read somewhere that Kusaka had made Specialshipping canon and just shrugged it off as being a statement that was blown out of proportion. Being someone's valentine is not canonized shipping. It's just a polite thing to do.

As opposed to the official manga couple Ruby x Sapphire....? Uh, okay then.
    They're really not a couple. They had (or have) crushes on each other. Big difference between crushes and coupling.

I know Pokemon Adventures isn't a romantic-themed manga but still there should be at least one couple portrayed among the main characters. It would make the most sense for the most popular shipping to become true if one did.
    As I've said too many times before: if it's not essential to the plot, shipping doesn't need to be canon. Leave it open ended and let the fans imagine it from there.

Too bad there isn't a specific forum for this stuff. (/sarcasm. Yeah, I'm late to the party on this.)
    HeLlO. You'Re tOo slOw. yOu cAn'T ruN. FOuNd YOu! I AM GOD.

What's shipping? :/

A disease.

Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    They're really not a couple. They had (or have) crushes on each other. Big difference between crushes and coupling.
    Ehhh, most people consider it canon because they mutually confessed love to one another and... more or less had it accepted? Ruby's kind of a snot about it even after the RuSa chapter is over, but there's still romantic tension there, even if they're not officially dating.

With regards to Red/Yellow... it does have a lot of deliberate shipteases, but when it comes to canon, it's only a one-sided crush at best. Shippers gonna ship, though, so I don't think that should stop anyone from liking Specialshipping, or even something that isn't Specialshipping.

SHINY RAINBOWS BECKON YOU TO THE ARTIST'S CORNER

Trainer Name: Misha
    3DS FC: 5112-3720-5938
    Friend Safari: Fighting; Pancham, Machoke, Hariyama

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but has anyone figured out if it's true or not?
    If there's a page of the poll, surely someone can translate it and find out.