Thread: Uber Genesect Hail :]]

Default Uber Genesect Hail :]]

Hello, Bonjour,Shalom, Xin chŕo,Guten Tag, and all that jazz. Man genesect went up to ubers and whats not , and ive been playing hail like crazy in uu, ou , and uber respectively . So i said "why not make a ubers team with genesect , not only that make him a physical set." . Well push came to shove and now here is the team i am currently pretty much dominating with . :]]

Abomasnow @ Leftovers
    Trait: Snow Warning
    EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 SDef
    Calm Nature
    - Blizzard
    - Substitute
    - Leech Seed
    - Protect

SubSeed Abomasnow, Bulky Enough to take some hits from Kyogre and EQ from groudon. He is the main weather starter and can help stall out any pokemon that gives me problems. Blizzard is for obvious stab, since it doesnt miss in hail. The Ev's in its hp is so that it can live 4 switch in's on rocks to attempt to let it annoy my opponent even more and even win me the weather war.

Zekrom @ Choice Band
    Trait: Teravolt
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Jolly Nature
    - Bolt Strike
    - Outrage
    - Volt Switch
    - Dragon Claw

Banded Zekrom is the wall breaker of the team the moves on my zekrom are not meant to cover to be honest it mainly gets rid of walls that can potentially be a problem like lugia or giratina. volt switch to keep up offensive momentum and dragon claw so i dont have to lock myself into outrage and still deal heavy damage to other dragon types.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
    Trait: Rain Dish
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
    Calm Nature
    - Scald
    - Rapid Spin
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Protect

Being a hail team i need a somewhat reliable spinner able to take water spouts from kyogre, tentacruel was just the perfect poke for the job. its moves are basically a ou set only thing different is the ev spread. instead of max defense i gave it max special defense to combat kyogre more effectively. scald for stab and maybe te lucky burn to weaken pokes. Toxic spike to ave some sort of hazard support for the team since i do not carry stealth rocks on any of my pokes.

Arceus-Ice @ Icicle Plate
    Trait: Multitype
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Spd / 8 SDef
    Timid Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Recover
    - Judgment
    - Thunderbolt

A pokemon i wanted to try for a very long time, arceus ice form. the ev spread is that of a bulky ghost form arceus but instead i gave it calm mind to abuse its natural bulk even more. after plus 1 it can live 2 fusion flares from reshiram, if thats not bulky i dont know what is. it as boltbeam coverage and recover to help it survive longer in the fight. being ice type it is not hindered by the hail and since it has judgement instead of blizzard i do not have to depend on the hail to make arceus any less effective.

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Download
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
    Hasty Nature
    - U-turn
    - Iron Head
    - Blizzard
    - Explosion

This genesect set is a little bit funny to look at , at first but in ubers it gets its job done just right. being able to outspeed majority of the uber metagame and then hit them hard makes him a really great addition to this team. he is a physical set with blizzard and explosion, dual stab in the form of u-turn and iron head. leading with this pokemon is always a joy because its literally always gets the attack boost by the way his ev spread is set up. so its basically a banded scarfer every time it comes out. i run explosion on it more as a gimmick than anything else. or if i know my genesect is gonna die anyway .i'll explode to get that big damage in. Blizzard is more or less suppose to hit dragons for super effective damage .only problem with this set, steel types wall it, but it really hasn't been to much of a problem dealing with steel types though.

Giratina @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Impish Nature
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Roar
    - Will-O-Wisp

Most or less the worst giratina set ive even ran. no attacking moves and its rest sleep talk. i swapped out dragon tail for roar because my team cannt deal with subs very effectively since it is very stally. this is mainly to counter physical arceus which are really abundant in the uber metagame. after a burn giratina can take any hit from it. giratina also acts a a sort of spin blocker for my 1 set of hazards being toxic spikes.

So all in all the team is pretty much balanced even tho it leans towards the edge of stall a bit more. please rmt it will be very appreciated to help me think of ways to make this team better and more effective :]]

I'M NUMBER 1!!

I don't really know Ubers that well but I'd like to point out that Genesect doesn't always get an Atk boost. It isn't related to your EV spread. Download relates to your opponent's defensive stats. If your opponent leads Groudon, for example, you will get a SpA boost because Groudon's SpD is pretty much guaranteed (actually, I think it's impossible for Groudon to have more SpD than Def, but I'm not sure. As I said, Ubers is unfamiliar territory for me) to be lower than it's Def.
    "Whether Castform the Weather Pokemon can weather the weather is dependent on whether the weather that it's weathering is the proper weather for it to weather. Whether the opponent can weather the weather is also subject to whether the weather that it's weathering is the right weather to weather. Whether Castform can weather the opponent is once again dictated by the weather and whether that weather is the favorable weather for weathering. But most importantly, you should know whether there will be weather to weather rather than what weather they will be weathering and whether they can weather that weather."

- Smogon's Castform analysis

Quote Originally Posted by loco1234 View Post
    I don't really know Ubers that well but I'd like to point out that Genesect doesn't always get an Atk boost. It isn't related to your EV spread. Download relates to your opponent's defensive stats. If your opponent leads Groudon, for example, you will get a SpA boost because Groudon's SpD is pretty much guaranteed (actually, I think it's impossible for Groudon to have more SpD than Def, but I'm not sure. As I said, Ubers is unfamiliar territory for me) to be lower than it's Def.
    great note man .. idk nothing about how download works . but i seem to get atk raise all the time .. but anyway how does the team look .. is there anything i can change or whatever :]] ?

I'M NUMBER 1!!

thank you. you have no idea my pleasent surprise at seeing arceus ice and abomasnow in ubers.

http://www.serebii.net/abilitydex/download.shtml

i'll rate more later.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    thank you. you have no idea my pleasent surprise at seeing arceus ice and abomasnow in ubers.

http://www.serebii.net/abilitydex/download.shtml

i'll rate more later.
    Thank you sir .. to be honest i never see hail in ubers ... its really strong once you know its limitations , but i would hope u rate some more man ;D

I'M NUMBER 1!!

just one thing i notice, i know next to nothing of ubers but know the basics, you dont seem to be able to tank any of the strong dragons in the tier, like choice scarf palkia, lustrous orb palkia, rayquaza, opposing zekrom, kyurem-w, etc. i believe iirc, kyurem-w 2hkoes every member on your team, and genesect, the only resist, does next to nothing back. and especially so when abomasnow's set is revealed.

now, genesect just seems a bit iffy. for one, bandsect is much better achieved with just u-turn and 3 other coverage moves(all special). but if you keep scarf, it will allow you to check a lot of things, especially since base 99 is almost blazing in ubers.

just something to think about, i wont bother rating and changing in a tier i know next to nothing about

Nice team! Cool to see Hail in Ubers, Abamsnow is definitely underrated.

So, on to the rate:
    First off, Ice Beam>Blizzard on Sect. You're only really using Ice Beam on DD Ray anyway, and you really don't want to rely on a 70% Accurate move to beat him (Air Lock says hi)

Some bigger issues:
    No Stealth Rocks This is a big one. It's pretty much mandatory on every team -- especially one as weak to Kyu-W as yours is. (Aren't we all weak to Kyu :/) In order to have this vital entry hazard, I'm going to suggest that you replace Giratina for a Skarmory. Skarmory will play several roles on your team. It will give you the premier Extremekiller counter, as well as giving you something that can tank a lot of the major Dragon-type hits. It can tank a Scarf Spacial Rend from Palkia pretty easily. You still have that Kyurem-W problem, but smart Genesect play will get you around that.

Set:
    Skarmory @Leftovers
    252 HP/ 252 SpDef/ 4 Def
    Impish Nature
    -Stealth Rock
    -Roost
    -Whirlwind
    -Toxic

Toxic is essential to beat Extremekiller in a one-on-one situation, and the other moves are pretty obvious I think

Now, I really think you aren't abusing Hail at all. That's a cryin' shame. Why not replace your BandKrom with a Specs Kyurem-W? It's twin STABs of Blizzard and Draco Meteor are simply godly, and you already have spin support. As I'm sure you have noticed, many, many teams have a very difficult time dealing with this guy, and he has almost no counters. This is opposed to Zekrom -- Groudon takes a dump all over him, and Groudon is on 20% of teams.

Now, this leaves you with two ice-types, which isn't ideal defensively. Whenever I see an Arceus-Ice, I generally ask why Arceus-Electric isn't being used instead. The answer is generally that the team has more problems with Tina SpDef with Ice STAB than Kyogre/Ho-oh. I don't think that this will be the case if you use Kyu-W over Zerkrom. So why not give up that SR weakness and use Arceus-Electric? The set will remain the exact same, but with Ice Beam>Judgement. This gives you a MUCH better defensive typing, no SR weakness, and great synergy with Kyu-W.

Sets:
    Kyurem-W @Choice Specs
    252 SpAtt/ 252 Spe
    Modest
    -Draco Meteor
    -Blizzard
    -Focus Blast
    -Fusion Flare

(Ice beam is also cool to use if you have trouble keeping your weather up)

-Arceus-Electric @Zap Plate
    252 HP/ 4 SpAtt/ 252 Spe
    Timid
    -Calm Mind
    -Thunderbolt
    -Ice Beam
    -Recover

(Thunderbolt used because the power drop isn't noticeable over Judgement, and parahax can always be nice!)

Minor Changes:
    Try out Wood Hammer over Substitute on Abamasnow. The hit on Kyogre can really help you win the weather war. You'll then want to change your nature to Sassy. You aren't outspeeding anything at uninvested base 60 speed anyway. I don't think you will ever be in long enough to use SubSeed, as well. Also, Wood Hammer can hit Tyranitar very hard; important because Excadrill in sand murders 5/6 of your team with Rock Slide + Earthquake.

Well, anyway, cool team and it's always great to see hail in Ubers! If you make the changes, I don't think you'll really be too weak to anything! Except SpecsOgre. That guy is always a *****.

EDIT: @That Crazy Russian that's the main reason Gene runs Iron Head + Max Att -- it does like 67% to Kyu-W with the Download boost.
    Last edited by superstar; 1st December 2012 at 5:32 AM.

Spoiler:- Ladder Peaks:
        Spoiler:- TMP Badges:

http://www.plug.dj/cg/#
        Spoiler:- Credits:

I agree with superstar on everything except that kyurem white should be timid scarfed because scarf can give you problems

|||||||
    Yellow Lv 36 | Saph Lv 35 | Garnet Lv 35 | Eevee Lv 34 | TDK Lv 38 | APorygonZ Lv 33
    Credit to Blues

Quote Originally Posted by superstar View Post
    Nice team! Cool to see Hail in Ubers, Abamsnow is definitely underrated.

So, on to the rate:
    First off, Ice Beam>Blizzard on Sect. You're only really using Ice Beam on DD Ray anyway, and you really don't want to rely on a 70% Accurate move to beat him (Air Lock says hi)

Some bigger issues:
    No Stealth Rocks This is a big one. It's pretty much mandatory on every team -- especially one as weak to Kyu-W as yours is. (Aren't we all weak to Kyu :/) In order to have this vital entry hazard, I'm going to suggest that you replace Giratina for a Skarmory. Skarmory will play several roles on your team. It will give you the premier Extremekiller counter, as well as giving you something that can tank a lot of the major Dragon-type hits. It can tank a Scarf Spacial Rend from Palkia pretty easily. You still have that Kyurem-W problem, but smart Genesect play will get you around that.

Set:
    Skarmory @Leftovers
    252 HP/ 252 SpDef/ 4 Def
    Impish Nature
    -Stealth Rock
    -Roost
    -Whirlwind
    -Toxic

Toxic is essential to beat Extremekiller in a one-on-one situation, and the other moves are pretty obvious I think

Now, I really think you aren't abusing Hail at all. That's a cryin' shame. Why not replace your BandKrom with a Specs Kyurem-W? It's twin STABs of Blizzard and Draco Meteor are simply godly, and you already have spin support. As I'm sure you have noticed, many, many teams have a very difficult time dealing with this guy, and he has almost no counters. This is opposed to Zekrom -- Groudon takes a dump all over him, and Groudon is on 20% of teams.

Now, this leaves you with two ice-types, which isn't ideal defensively. Whenever I see an Arceus-Ice, I generally ask why Arceus-Electric isn't being used instead. The answer is generally that the team has more problems with Tina SpDef with Ice STAB than Kyogre/Ho-oh. I don't think that this will be the case if you use Kyu-W over Zerkrom. So why not give up that SR weakness and use Arceus-Electric? The set will remain the exact same, but with Ice Beam>Judgement. This gives you a MUCH better defensive typing, no SR weakness, and great synergy with Kyu-W.

Sets:
    Kyurem-W @Choice Specs
    252 SpAtt/ 252 Spe
    Modest
    -Draco Meteor
    -Blizzard
    -Focus Blast
    -Fusion Flare

(Ice beam is also cool to use if you have trouble keeping your weather up)

-Arceus-Electric @Zap Plate
    252 HP/ 4 SpAtt/ 252 Spe
    Timid
    -Calm Mind
    -Thunderbolt
    -Ice Beam
    -Recover

(Thunderbolt used because the power drop isn't noticeable over Judgement, and parahax can always be nice!)

Minor Changes:
    Try out Wood Hammer over Substitute on Abamasnow. The hit on Kyogre can really help you win the weather war. You'll then want to change your nature to Sassy. You aren't outspeeding anything at uninvested base 60 speed anyway. I don't think you will ever be in long enough to use SubSeed, as well. Also, Wood Hammer can hit Tyranitar very hard; important because Excadrill in sand murders 5/6 of your team with Rock Slide + Earthquake.

Well, anyway, cool team and it's always great to see hail in Ubers! If you make the changes, I don't think you'll really be too weak to anything! Except SpecsOgre. That guy is always a *****.

EDIT: @That Crazy Russian that's the main reason Gene runs Iron Head + Max Att -- it does like 67% to Kyu-W with the Download boost.
    hmmm nice suggestions i actually have no objections towards the changes .. im gonna test out the changes and if they work .. i'll edit the team .. after that i would love more rates on my team thank you :]]

I'M NUMBER 1!!