Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Offensive OU RMT

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    And same on alakazam HP fire>HP ice genesect!
    hp ice, genesect is uber

Quote Originally Posted by That Crazy Russian™ View Post
    hp ice, genesect is uber
    finally genesect is no more =]

HP fire is better for forry and ferrothorn, but ice stops chomp and gliscor.
    All Hail Goomy

it also stops Rock Polish Sheer Force Landorus, who wrecks this team.

actually, thinking that, you'll probably want to keep focus sash on zam, so you can reliably beat various threats. and focus blast>shadow ball on Ilan's set, as well as Psyshock>psychic to beat cm keldeo better, as well as the blobs.

full rate later

EDIT: you'll probably want a good Clean up-sweeper to take advantage of hydreigon and scizor's hole-punching abilities, and Mixmence is a classic, but DDmence or DDnite can work just as well. probably over espeon, as espeon sucks.

with that, you need a reliable spinner, and forry fits the bill perfectly. it provides spikes as well as spins.

Forretress @Leftovers
    - Sturdy -
    Relaxed
    whatever the standard evs
    - Gyro ball
    - Volt switch
    - Spikes
    - Rapid Spin

this'll help alot with the rock weakness you are aquiring, as well as the ice weakness from the 2 dragons.

or, if you don't want that, Offensive starmie can also work, and gives you a semi-reliable check to rain.
    Last edited by Klaus™; 2nd December 2012 at 4:26 PM.

Hmm ok, 4th round of changes, I think sticking white herb on to cloyster sounds like a gpod idea as it means he isn't entirely ruined by rocks and can freely switch in ( at the moment I have to sac one of my focus sashers to let him switch in and means he can still sweep in sandstorm. With regards to espeon, now that I don't need cloisters sash intact, espeon becomes less necessary, I love the trollyness of u-turning into espeon and bouncing hazards back but I think having another dedicated special sweeper may be more useful (possibly a rapid spinner). At the moment espeon works quite well as I can switch in on dedicated hazard setters, such as forretress, bounce their hazards back, get up at least one calm mind as they switch or rapid spin then I can most likely take one hit from whatever they choose to bring in (bar tyranitar) and then sweep with stored power, I will probably swap baton pass for an offensive move as while it seems nice, I hardly get the chance to use it in practice.

I'll do some more testing tonight on showdown, see I get on, in the mean time, ideas for an attacking move for espeon, also jolly or adamant nature on cloyster and any other suggestions.
    Thanks
    Macki :3

I make youtube videos: http://youtube.com/macki2k

Quote Originally Posted by That Crazy Russian™ View Post
    it also stops Rock Polish Sheer Force Landorus, who wrecks this team.

actually, thinking that, you'll probably want to keep focus sash on zam, so you can reliably beat various threats. and focus blast>shadow ball on Ilan's set, as well as Psyshock>psychic to beat cm keldeo better, as well as the blobs.

full rate later

EDIT: you'll probably want a good Clean up-sweeper to take advantage of hydreigon and scizor's hole-punching abilities, and Mixmence is a classic, but DDmence or DDnite can work just as well. probably over espeon, as espeon sucks.

with that, you need a reliable spinner, and forry fits the bill perfectly. it provides spikes as well as spins.

Forretress @Leftovers
    - Sturdy -
    Relaxed
    whatever the standard evs
    - Gyro ball
    - Volt switch
    - Spikes
    - Rapid Spin

this'll help alot with the rock weakness you are aquiring, as well as the ice weakness from the 2 dragons.

or, if you don't want that, Offensive starmie can also work, and gives you a semi-reliable check to rain.
    rock check. Check. Volcarona fodder. check. there is enough for volcarona to take out at least 4/6 easily in the team. forry may make it easier, as 4x weak to fire.
    volcarona vs the team

infernape v volcarona. if running psychic, vocarona, else i don't know. kind of equal.
    espeon vs volarona. uiver dancing, until the ko with bug buzz
    alakasm vs volcarona. volcarona. end of
    scizor vs volcarona. volcarona with the fire.
    cloyster vs volcaona. if cloyster an se u and successfully rock blast, then cloyster, else volcarona
    hydreigon vs volcarona. vocarona with bug buzz.

already a pain in your team. you need some roc type moves, or a volcarona counter
    All Hail Goomy

Hey, nice team! Hydregion is a great mon that will only get better with the Genesect ban!
    Honestly, a lot of these rates are quite frankly, terrible. What on earth makes you guys think he needs a spinner? He has Espeon for hazard control, and that's all he needs. If he wants to have a spinner, he should replace that. There is literally no reason to use a spinner on a team with Espeon, otherwise Espeon is just a waste of a slot
    That being said, I think a Life Orb Starmie would work better over Espeon. Starmie gives you offensive momentum as well as the ability to check a variety of threats, if you get rid of Cloyster, however, you do NOT need a spinner on an offensive team like this (if the opponent has time to set up multiple Spikes layers, you have already probably lost your momentum and the game)

Starmie @Life Orb
    252 SpAtt/ 252 Spe
    Timid
    -Hydro Pump
    -Ice Beam
    -Rapid Spin
    -Thunderbolt

Okay, so now lets take a look at your Infernape lead. With the advent of team preview, many teams now eschew a dedicated lead. However, you have sort of a Hyper Offensive-type theme going here, so why not use Deoxys-D over Infernape?
    Although it cannot give the offensive pressure that the Ape can, it is unparalled in its ability to set-up hazards. It will almost always give you a guaranteed layer of Spikes in addition to SR, and this can really help your attackers in getting some key KOs. Your team won't last long, so it is imperative to wear down the other side as much as possible before going for the Cloyster sweep. If you do use Deo-D, or even stick with Infernape, you should really use a spin-blocker. Otherwise, your hard won hazards will just be spun away! I would reccommend a SubDisable Gengar over Alakazam which is able to wall many key threats in the metagame. The strategy is to come in on an immunity or support move, use Substitute, and then Disable the attacking move as they break your Sub. This ensures that Tentacruel, Donphan, and Forretress won't be able to touch you. Starmie is still an ******* but oh well.

Deoxys-D @Rocky Helmet/Mental Herb/Electric Gem
    252 HP/ 252 Spe
    Timid
    -Taunt
    -Magic Coat/Thunderbolt
    -Spikes
    -Stealth Rock

This set ensures you can stop opposing hazards and taunters with good prediction. Thunderbolt with an electric gem does a good amount to Starmie if you want to try it.

Gengar @Leftovers
    252 SpAtt/ 252 Spe
    Timid
    -Substitute
    -Disable
    -Shadow Ball
    -Focus Blast

Just realized I changed half your team xx. The Starmie thing I think will make the team much better, but Deo-D + Gengar is more a style choice, so up to you if you like it or not, I'm not sure how rapid-fire you play the team.

I'd just like to say some of the other raters are suggesting some absurd things. If you use Donphan, put it over Espeon -- you shouldn't have 1/3 of a team who's only job is to control hazards -- and then use Thunderus-T/Landorus/Gengar/Genesect if you play on PO/Latias over Infernape.

Spoiler:- Ladder Peaks:
        Spoiler:- TMP Badges:

http://www.plug.dj/cg/#
        Spoiler:- Credits:

How about this as an alternative to Infernape?

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Stone Edge
    - U-turn
    - Earthquake

Try this one for a rocks setter:
    Dugtrio@focus sash
    Trait: Arena Trap
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
    Jolly nature
    -Stealth rock
    -Earthquake
    -Sucker punch/Stone edge
    -Memento

An good SR setter. sash allows rocks to be set. Earthquake is so you aren't taint bait. sucker punch can stop gengar and co. Stone edge is for flying types who laugh at arena trap. when he is nearly finished, memento can stop an offensive threat like garchomp and salamence

Use over infernape.
    All Hail Goomy

Use Naive on Infernape to speed-tie the musketeers. Run Life Orb, the ape is piss-weak without it.

Espeon & Alakazam shouldnt even be on the same team. Espy is still physically frail even with the bulk investment, Wish from 65 base HP won't help your team either. So yes, like the others said, a bulky mon with Rapid Spin is very good substitute for Espeon. If you finally decide to run Donphan, you can use Scarf + Stone Edge on Infernape so you have a decent revenge killer to deal with Volcarona who otherwise sweeps your team at +1.

Weather teams in general also gives you trouble as you cant break bulky waters.

Ok, I'm going to be honest, i do need a better rocks setter so I'm going to try out landarous-t as that for now with this set:

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Stone Edge
    - U-turn
    - Earthquake

And cloyster is giving me too much trouble so i'm bringing out the beast:

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
    Trait: Teravolt
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Fusion Bolt
    - Outrage
    - Dragon Claw
    - Roost

Landorus-T is best as a Defensive Pivot with 200 HP / 248 Def / 64 Atk. This allows it to survive 2 Terrakion Stone Edges and a +2 Power Gem.
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12