Prof. Gureshaw’s Midnight Course
Good morning/afternoon/evening students! Before we get started, let’s go over few things:
1. Don’t flame, spam, or harass anyone.
2. Don’t bunny (control other’s characters) without permission.
3. Please give me a chance to post your spell book’s responses. Do not just decide you have a spell that can do This or That, and then do it.
4. Exact results & success rates are up to you, so have fun, and remember that magic is usually unpredictable and often difficult to control.
5. If you can’t think of any way to obtain an item or complete a task set forth by your spell book, ask someone!
6. Please post your char name at the top of your post, this is especially important if you RPG in first person!
7. New players should pick up their books at the Next Midnight class.
& assigned spell books:
1. (VampirateMace) Prof. Gureshaw [telekinesis]
Spell book: Opalescence
(White leather cover, silver and opal corners - Large cursive typeset)
2. (Food Guy) Diego D. aka DD [green thumb]
Spell book: Hemlock
(Dark brown leather cover, w/ plant patterns stamped into it - Traditional print typeset)
3. (DVB) Diego V. [spirit contact]
Spell book: Ebony
(Black leather cover, black page edges - Diminutive cursive typeset)
4. (Mon1010) Leonardo, aka Leo [Mesmerization]
Spell book: Henbane
(Yellow-brown leather cover, single leaf stamped into front - Oversized cursive typeset)
5. (Billy Mays) Xavier [Telepathy]
Spell book: Burgundy
(Dark red-brown leather cover, w/ gold corners and gold edge pages - Fancy print typeset)
6. (CandleReaper/Lost Requiem) Cameron [Spirit Contact]
Spell book: Driftwood
(Wooden cover, w/ shell patterns burned into it - Delicate print typeset)
7. (SenorLaughsaLot) Lucas [Spirit Contact]
Spell book: Cumulous
(Light grey leather cover, Platinum corners - Large print typeset)
8. (Flame Mistress) Evleen [Wild Speech]
Spell Book: Sear
(White leather cover, with gold corners - Small cursive typeset)
9. (Balightning) Ethan [Psychometry]
Spell Book: Tempest
(Black leather cover, w/ gold and ruby corners - Gaudy cursive typeset)
10. (Jean Grey) Lovina [Mesmerization]
Spell book: Brimstone
(Yellow leather cover - Distressed print typeset)
11. (TheSketchQueen) Chase [Spirit Contact]
Spell book: Rusty
(Red-brown leather cover - iron corners - Round print typeset, rusted ink)
12. (thesilverwolf) Francois [Telepathy]
Spell book: Circuit
(Dark grey brushed metal cover, thin - Blocky print typeset)
13. (Unicorn) Kelly [Wild Speech]
Spell book: Glen
(Wooden cover, tree image burnt into front - Large print typeset)
Professor Gureshaw waited while his students clamored over to the cabinets and selected their spell books. Of course, the spell books were as much selecting the students as the students were selecting the spell books, but they’d learn more about the nature of these books soon enough. When the commotion had died down he cleared his throat and spoke up, “Okay, so we have a lot to cover tonight, because there are several things you need to know. First, you can probably feel the power of your spell books already. These books are powerful objects, and in some ways, alive. Please treat them with respect, as any magical artifact can be dangerous when abused.”
He paused to look around, the books were indeed still the center of the students’ attention. He continued, “Or put in the wrong hands. Most of your books will only respond to the voice of their own witch, but since some of them are more open-minded than that, I suggest you don’t leave them anywhere anyone else might find them.”
He turned and took an ancient white book off the teacher’s desk, it was decorated with silver and opal. He went on with his lecture, “Simply speak to your book and it will show you answers to your inquiries. Some of you may even be able to speak with your books telepathically. This called Instant Magic, every witch has a special ability, such as telepathy, mesmerization… or telekinesis.”
He lifted his book up with one hand. Slowly it lifted off his hand a few inches. Snatching his book back out of the air, he added, “It may take you a bit of time to figure out your Instant ability, but once you do, you’ll realize, it could never have been anything else. So, then, let’s take a short break before we go on, so all of you can examine your books, and ask any questions you might have.”