Page 1 of 67 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

Default Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

WELCOME TO DOUBLE TROUBLE ( a double battling community) !
    "Prepare for Trouble Make it Double!"

(Credit to drizzleboy12 for the banner)

~WE BROKE 1000 POSTS~

This club is for the minority battle type! DOUBLE BATTLING!
    I believe we can all agree on this: we the people (double battlers) have always been “small stuff” on this forum. It has always been hard to find a lot a people who double battle competitively, which of course is very frustrating. While you see people talking about their new OU team, you sit in the lonely corner because no one know what you are talking about when you talk about double battling. This club will end this! You can find new friends who love to do what you do, double battles.

Double battling is an amazing type of battle, no tiers, just one set of rules, even more strategy involved in it for you have 2 Pokémon out at a time, and no “set” lead Pokémon for your team. This makes for a more interesting metagame, and fast paced battles we have all grown to love!

First off, rules:
    *All sppf rules apply here.
    *Don’t join unless you are a competitive double battler or wish to become one!
    *No "one liner" posts
    *All battles must be in the current VGC format unless specified otherwise!
    *Do not spam people for battles
    *Do NOT trade people hacked Pokémon! If I find out your are you will go immediately to the 5th strike!
    * Do not set up a battles on the club. You may ask someone for one, but don’t go on just talking to them about rules and such, do that via PM/VM please.
    *No sexual or illegal drug references.
    *Don’t make anyone feel awful by insulting etc.
    *Try to make an effort of posting every once and a while please.
    *Please stay on the topic here. This usually means talking about battling, but other Pokémon discussion will be tolerated.
    *Any non-members cant post unless it is for applying
    *When posting a large post (unless told otherwise) please put it in a spoiler. I'll be the judge of large posts, but within reason.
    *Give Credit for all artwork
    *If you fail the application, you may retry 2 more times
    *Have fun

Spoiler:- STRIKE SYSTEM:

Things you can do in the club!
    -Chat about competitive double battling (anything about it)
    -Chat about normal pokemon discussion
    -Ask for trades
    -Ask for battles (please keep to doubles, you may ask for any other kind via VM/PM)
    -Post CRMT’s (again, only for double battle teams)
    -Make/Compete in tourneys (only make if you were hired)
    -Meet new people
    -Have fun!

Also remember that we accept people who wish to become double battlers, so these people are gonna need some help! If they are not being active because no one is helping them to become a double battler and they feel left out then they will not be striked, but if they do not make an effort to become a double battler then that will end up as a strike.

Member List:
    -joej m (Leader)
    -drizzleboy12(Leader)
    -Chingchar
    -Princess Rasberyl
    -lavaburst14
    -*Kyurem*
    -EmphaticPikachu
    -trident20 (mod)
    -firemaster01
    -Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama
    -InfernalBlaze
    -Archstaraptor
    -GC7
    -your boss
    -InsaneDragoniteHD
    -philzone
    -Drizzle Milotic
    -The Light Ruler
    -Fire Hero
    -KuzKan
    -Gothic-Gothorita(mod)
    -Comek525
    -LordVader2719
    -Silvershark
    -TreeckoTrainer
    -Chiron

JOB LIST:

Leaders:
    joej m
    drizzleboy12

Co-Leaders/Mods:
    -trident20
    -Chingchar
    -Gothic-Gothorita

RNG abusers/IV breeders:
    -drizzleboy12
    -lavaburst14
    -GC7
    -your boss
    -InsaneDragoniteHD
    -LordVader2719
    -Silvershark

Tournaments Holders:
    -Chingchar
    -joej m
    -drizzleboy12
    -The Light Ruler
    -*Kyurem*
    -firemaster01
    -KuzKan
    -Treeckotrainer

EV Trainers:
    -lavaburst14
    -EmphaticPikachu
    -Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama
    -Archstaraptor
    -philzone
    Drizzle Milotic
    -Comek525

Cloner:
    -lavaburst14

[Please tell me if i missed anything in any of these above sections]

There are jobs in this club too! These are to help the community and you do not need to accept all requests, but if you don’t do your job you will be fired and have a strike. If you may retire. Keep in mind you may have multiple jobs. Also, if you did not include a job in your application that you can do just post on this thread that you would like the job.
    Keep in mind you don't need a job.

Power of Leader:
    Leaders have the most power of all. You MAY NOT APPLY TO BE A LEADER! joej m and drizzleboy12 are the only leaders of this club. As leaders we can stike immediately after a rule is broken and fire members from jobs.

Power of Co-Leaders/Mods:
    This rank is bellow leaders, you may ask via VM/PM if you would like to be one, but if the leaders feel like we have enough of these or you are not trustworthy then you will be denied. We expect you to be an active member of the community keeping the community flowing and a fun place for all. As Co-Leaders you may give someone a strike, but you must PM joej m or drizzleboy12 why and if one of us approves we will add the strike to the list. This means once you feel like they deserve a strike you may post on the club they have a strike, but it will not be official until a leader approves it. You may recommend to fire someone from a job to a Leader but you may not do so yourself.

RNG abuser/ IV breeder:
    This is a VERY important job. It can help people get the flawless (and shiny if possible) pokemon competitive battlers need. you will not have to accept all jobs, but if you are not doing the job by not accepting anything then you will be fired.

Tournament Holders:
    Tournament holders are another very important part. Without tourneys the competitive part of the name wouldn’t be there, so of course we need some. They may make rules (can be creative, like only 1st gen pokes or something cool like that) for wifi or PO tournaments. Apparently people love this job, so what we will do is instead of each of the tournament holders holding tournaments, they will all talk about creative ideas for them, and then we can vote for which one we think is best! the person with the most votes will hold the tournament unless specified otherwise!

EV Trainers:
    First off, you must be a brave soul to do this… To everyone, do not overwork these amazing people willing to train your Pokémon for you. Accept them denying you, but you may ask later if you so desire, unless they specify not to.

Cloner:
    Just a helpful job to help get the Pokémon ready for the trade shop. No power involved in being a cloner.

The trade shop:

There will be a trade shop run by drizzleboy12 on here. This will be up when convenient for drizzleboy12. All people who are RNG abusers/ IV breeders may contact drizzleboy12 any way you chose to put some new Pokémon on it. If you have some flawless legit Pokémon but you are not an RNG abuser/ IV breeder, please feel free to post them. All pokemon will be cloned on the trade shop unless specified otherwise (so you can keep the original to yourself).
    When telling him the Pokémon you MUST include:

-IV’s
    -EV’s (if any)
    -Level
    -Nature
    -If it is shiny
    -Who owned it originally (this is for if drizzleboy12 finds out it is hacked and not originally yours. If it isn’t yours then you will not get any strikes.)

If these criteria are not met you may have ONE more try to get drizzleboy12 to approve of it

All Pokémon that are posted must be at a competitive level and we will not accept Pokémon that do not have appropriate IV’s, EV’s, and Nature. A hacked Pokémon put on the trade shop will give you an immediate 5th strike unless it wasn’t originally yours.
    This will all be moved down to the trade shop once drizzleboy12 posts.

ARTWORK (you may use any of this in your sig unless specified otherwise. GIVE CREDIT) :

Spoiler:- ARTWORK:

Joining Applications Criteria:
        Spoiler:- Joining Application:

[I]TOURNAMENT RANKINGS:

1. Winter cup (only ice types): 0 points
    2. BW2 VGC 2011 (Using BW2 tutors and formes but with VGC 2011 rules) :7 points
    3. Mono Region Tournament (each choose a region and proceed to make a team) :10 points
    4. Mono Colour Tournament (each choose a colour and proceed to make a team): 7 points
    5. Random Tournament (randomly given 6 pokemons and 6 itens and proceed to make a team): 5 points
    6. Greed Tournament (For each win you earn 3 points, for each defeat you lose 2. when your points became 0 you are out of the tournament) :7 points

WE HOPE YOU ENJOY YOU EXPIRIENCE WITH CLUB DOUBLE TROULBE!

Please look bellow for the trading shop.
    Last edited by joej m; 23rd February 2013 at 12:07 PM.

Trade Shop

(closed)

Tournaments

~NEW TOURNEY: MONO-REGION TOURNAMENT~

This had 10 points of votes for it. Therefore we are holding the mono-region tourney!

RULES:
    - You may only use pokemon INTRODUCED with your generation/region. For example, you are doing hoenn. You want to use Pikachu. Even though it is on the pokedex it still wasn’t introduced with that generation of games, therefore, you may not use it. Please ask a mod or leader if you have questions about your pokemon.

-Battles can be held on PO (skarmbliss VGC server), PS (Nugget Bridge Server), or wifi. But to sign up you must have access to wifi for in-game battles. If you and your opponents cant decide on a format to battle on, then it will automatically become a wifi battle. You don’t need PS or PO to enter the tourney.

-Organize your battles through VM. If you cannot VM them, then do it by PM. But the winner MUST tell the results in the club. We would appreciate how many games each won and how many pokemon left.

-This tourney will be immediate cuts. If you lose your battle against someone you will be eliminated. That being said, every round will be best two out of three.

-If you lose, and flame, bash, spam, etc your opponent then you will get a second strike. I will be checking conversations with your opponent in VM’s, if I see this I will punish you. Also, If the winner is a bad sport, then I will make then do another battle that counts as everything for that round for you. BE KIND TO YOUR OPPONENT.

-The tourney will be held in the club, not in the tourney section.

-All battles that are in-game will be held on Black 2 or White 2.

-If you are caught with a hacked pokemon you will be disqualified from the tourney and will not be allowed to enter any others.

-You may use a BW or BW2 cart.

Other Info:February 2nd (Saturday) and round ends on February 10th (Sunday). Note! If matches are not completed the winner is the person more active or a coin is flipped.

-Prizes will be announced once signups end.

-If you come in first or second it would be appreciated if you write up a team analysis.

Spoiler:- Signup Format:

Last edited by drizzleboy12; 10th January 2013 at 2:35 PM.

Credit to me

(Credit to Eeveelover824 for the banner)

Welcome to Club Double Trouble's Battling Academy!
    For those of you that joined this club that wanted to learn how to double battle you can now be taught at this academy! Battles can be done over PO (Pokemon Online), PS (Pokemon Showdown and yes you can double battle on PS) or through WIFI. If you are new to double battling altogether then I will help you get to know some of the best strategies some of the most dangerous pokemon you'll face and some of the most helpful pokemon that can go on your team. If you know about the ins and outs of double battling but you want to have more battling experience then I can help you with that as well as it is very important to actually battle to help put the skills you have learnt to use. Finally the last service (for now) that I offer is teambuilding if you need help with a team, want to build a team around a certain pokemon or just want help building an actual team altogether, you can come here for help. For the moment we only have one tutor here and that is me. But if anyone that is confident in double battling thinks they can help here then just VM me and you can. Due to there only being one tutor here please understand that it will be difficult to train a lot of people at once. If you want to be taught here VM me and we can start to train whenever you're ready.

Here's a userbar for you to use if you're a student here

Tutors:
    Chingchar
    CrystalNinetails
    Joe jm
    Light Ruler
    Gothic-Gothorita

Current Students:
    InsaneDragoniteHD
    Comek
    Last edited by Chingchar; 6th January 2013 at 8:38 PM.

ACCEPTED! welcome to the club chingchar! ;3
    EDIT: you also will be allowed to be a tournament holder! once we get some more people you can start telling us some cool ideas and we could do one of them!

Hi, I am Princess Raspberyl (Just call me Katie please ^_^), and I would like to become a competitive Double Battler. I am not so good at competitive, but I'd like to learn to get better at it. My favorite VGC Pokemon (I'm unsure about this, so just tell me if I did something wrong ^^;.) is Togekiss, because of it's design and it's slightly fun to troll people with it D8. Favorite Pokemon is Pikachu, it's been my favorite for years. Double Battles are fun! ^_^ At least to me they are. I like doing them and I'm a little bit better at them not by much then Single Battles. I'd rather not have a job if that's ok, I can't really do anything that's on the job list ^^;
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

Finally! I will contribute as much as I can

Katie you are ACCEPTED!
    welcome to the club!

Hi, I am The Light Ruler and I am a competitive double battler! My favorite VGC Pokémon is Gastrodon because it helps me keep the ever popular rain teams in check (and I've swept nearly an entire team of legendaries in a double battle with Gastrodon). My favorite Pokémon is Dialga, as it was the star of my VGC 2010 team. I like double battles because I feel they add a bit more strategy to competitive battling by having the player pay attention to two Pokémon on each side of the field, rather than one. A job I would prefer would be as the tournament holder, as I have quite a few creative ideas, and I'm somewhat well known as the tournament holder at FPBC.

Made by Tini (FrozenConstellation).
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Wow, mention Liepard, and everyone's active. I should do this more often.

The Light Ruler IS ACCEPTED!
    welcome to the club!

also, it seems like we are gonna have a ton of tournament holders, which is fine, but i am gonna write something in the description so make sure you read it! it will be there in 1-5 minutes.

alright topic! what strategy do you think is the best? (rain, sand, sun, hail, goodstuffs [this means no/little set up], trick room, tailwind)
    i personally am not to great at anything but weather and tailwind because they are the easiest... >.< but i really like goodstuff's and want to learn more about them!
    Last edited by joej m; 2nd December 2012 at 9:20 PM.

Hi, I am Lavaburst14(please call me Emii) and I am a competitive double battler! I've been to two VGC's. My first VGC was in the 2011 VGC where all of the Unova and only Unova pokemon were permited. I lost in second round with non-EV'd, bad natured, pokemon surprisingly winning the first round. I then got into competitive battling afterwards. My second VGC team was put together in a night since my Dad agreed to take me the night before VGC Phillie in early 2012, the first one; not the second one. I ranked 99 with my thrown together team. I was shocked. Now my full attention is on VGC battling in the doubles format. My favorite VGC pokemon is Latias because it holds alot of bulk, team supporting moves, and a great mon all around. My favorite pokemon in general is Joltik due to Jolts my shiny Galvantula and the cuteness he is! I like double battles because it has more stratigy behind it, and it is fun, and always keeping me interested. I would love the position of RNGer, or IV breeder because i've been doing egg RNG 5th gen BW/4th gen gamecorner RNG for a long while. I can also EV train, Clone, and get any item you wish. If you need a job person, i'm all for it~! I would get back into RNGing if I must, and only RNG for others teams, needs, etc. and my VGC team only. I hope I can join this magnificent club, and put all grudges aside. Thank you, and have a great day~! ~Emii

my xat avvie (c) me
    {~Friend Safari : GHOST : Pumpkaboo | Golurk | Lampent~}
    {~My Tumblr~}{~TEF~}
    {~Total shinies: 75~} {~Most recent shiny : random shiny Whismur(HE)~}

3DS FC : 4012-3813-9306 IGN Emii(Y version)

Quote Originally Posted by lavaburst14 View Post
    Hi, I am Lavaburst14(please call me Emii) and I am a competitive double battler! I've been to two VGC's. My first VGC was in the 2011 VGC where all of the Unova and only Unova pokemon were permited. I lost in second round with non-EV'd, bad natured, pokemon surprisingly winning the first round. I then got into competitive battling afterwards. My second VGC team was put together in a night since my Dad agreed to take me the night before VGC Phillie in early 2012, the first one; not the second one. I ranked 99 with my thrown together team. I was shocked. Now my full attention is on VGC battling in the doubles format. My favorite VGC pokemon is Latias because it holds alot of bulk, team supporting moves, and a great mon all around. My favorite pokemon in general is Joltik due to Jolts my shiny Galvantula and the cuteness he is! I like double battles because it has more stratigy behind it, and it is fun, and always keeping me interested. I would love the position of RNGer, or IV breeder because i've been doing egg RNG 5th gen BW/4th gen gamecorner RNG for a long while. I can also EV train, Clone, and get any item you wish. If you need a job person, i'm all for it~! I would get back into RNGing if I must, and only RNG for others teams, needs, etc. and my VGC team only. I hope I can join this magnificent club, and put all grudges aside. Thank you, and have a great day~! ~Emii
    YOU ARE... ACCEPTED! welcome to the club!
    seems like you'll be busy with all the jobs!

remember there is a topic! :P

what strategy do you think is the best? (rain, sand, sun, hail, goodstuffs [this means no/little set up], trick room, tailwind)
    Last edited by joej m; 2nd December 2012 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    remember there is a topic! :P

what strategy do you think is the best? (rain, sand, sun, hail, goodstuffs [this means no/little set up], trick room, tailwind)
    I would say that goodstuffs is best due to its little to no need for setup, but Trick Room runs a close second.

Made by Tini (FrozenConstellation).
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Wow, mention Liepard, and everyone's active. I should do this more often.

Quote Originally Posted by The Light Ruler View Post
    I would say that goodstuffs is best due to its little to no need for setup, but Trick Room runs a close second.
    trick room can ruin so many tactics like tailwind and most weather, which is awesome!
    but it is easy to counter for experienced players. but i well put together one can do the job, like ray rizzo did!

I like rain room strategies and regular rain also.

Credit to me

Quote Originally Posted by drizzleboy12 View Post
    I like rain room strategies and regular rain also.
    i always fail at rain room teams... >.<
    rain team are great, especially for inexperienced players or if you have an abnormally good one.

Hi, I'm *Kyurem* and I am a competitive double battler! My favorite VGC Pokemon is Garchomp. I know Garchomp may seem overused, but this is because it pulls it's weight competitively. With Earthquake and a levitating/Flying Type Pokemon on the field, Garchomp is a tough Pokemon to stop, even without any stat boosting items such as a Life Orb! My favorite Pokemon has been ever since Black and White Version: Kyurem. I like to double battle because it is more strategic than single battling is. It requires more anticipation and is definitely more exciting than any other battle type! I would love to be a Tournament Holder in this club so I can make some fun rules up for tourneys! I also have had some experience battling as I went to the VGC National Championships in Indianapolis as well as battled enough to make it to the second day of the tournament with the top 32.

Spoiler:- Credits:

ACCEPTED! Welcome to the club!!! >
    drizzle, i got here first. xP sucks for you xD

ACCEPTED! Welcome to the club!!! >
    drizzle, i got here first. xP sucks for you xD
    Thanks for inviting me! Is it okay if I try and get some opinions on some teams for the VGC's? I need to prepare for the Winter Championships... Oh yes, also, does the club need a Xat chat?

i dont think so. that is really only needed for clans, not clubs. but anyway i want advice from you! xD because you did so well in nationals! btw congrats on that :3
    read the "what you can do in the club section" for your answer.
    the RMT can also mean getting help making a team etc.

i dont think so. that is really only needed for clans, not clubs. but anyway i want advice from you! xD because you did so well in nationals! btw congrats on that :3
    read the "what you can do in the club section" for your answer.
    the RMT can also mean getting help making a team etc.
    Yes, but when I tried the RMT, I got only two opinions, both fairly similar. Thanks for signing me up for Tourney Holder, I would like to start a tourney very soon if you don't mind, I'll PM you with the details. Getting that far wasn't all that hard, but I do suspect the competition will be fierce this year!

Quote Originally Posted by *Kyurem* View Post
    Yes, but when I tried the RMT, I got only two opinions, both fairly similar. Thanks for signing me up for Tourney Holder, I would like to start a tourney very soon if you don't mind, I'll PM you with the details. Getting that far wasn't all that hard, but I do suspect the competition will be fierce this year!
    He is leaving now so you can PM it to me.

Credit to me

Quote Originally Posted by drizzleboy12 View Post
    He is leaving now so you can PM it to me.
    Read this right after I PM'ed it to him -_-'

post the RMT here i meant! ^^;
    also starting it soon might not be such a good idea... because we dont have to many peoples yet D:<
    and i need a good team
    lol, I'm on a "bathroom break" xD
    post the idea here, so everyone can have an input on it! ^^;

post the RMT here i meant! ^^;
    also starting it soon might not be such a good idea... because we dont have to many peoples yet D:<
    and i need a good team
    lol, I'm on a "bathroom break" xD
    post the idea here, so everyone can have an input on it! ^^;
    DOUBLE TROUBLE TOURNEY IDEA #1:

Winter Tourney

Rules:
    - No Dream World Abilities
    - OU Pokemon Only
    - Double Battle
    - No Wonder Launcher
    - Flat Battle/Level 100 All
    - Only Ice Type Pokemon can be used

Quote Originally Posted by *Kyurem* View Post
    DOUBLE TROUBLE TOURNEY IDEA #1:

Winter Tourney

Rules:
    - No Dream World Abilities
    - OU Pokemon Only
    - Double Battle
    - No Wonder Launcher
    - Flat Battle/Level 100 All
    - Only Ice Type Pokemon can be used
    There is a problem there are very few OU ice types.

Credit to me

Page 1 of 67 123451151 ... LastLast