Page 21 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

yeah. anyway, i think we should have another topic. anyone have an idea for another?
    also the tournament one will stay up... just not everyone can respond to it because it is only for tournament holders.

wait... i have an idea!
    favorite two pokemon teamed up together (in other words favorite synergy)

TOPICS:
    -Favorite two pokemon teamed together (otherwise known as synergy)

-Cool tournament ideas (only for people who have the job tournament holders) !

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    TOPICS:

-Cool tournament ideas (only for people who have the job tournament holders) !

I like chandelure and crobat xD the way i used them makes some oponents confused since i run TR on one and Tailwind on another xD

Tournament ideas besides the ones i said above i really cant remember for now... either until the tournament we'll be having soon ends i'll have some more x)
    Talking about that... what will be the tournament about and when will it begin +/-?
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble

Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

i really like hitmontop and a bulky substitute tyranitar. it can counter most weather even rain! ^^; it also counter tailwind and trick room.
    the way i run it is i send them both out, then hitmontop gets the intimidate off which helps a ton. if they have tailwind or trick room i fake out the non trick room/tailwind setter and while they set up a sub up. it goes all downhill from that moment on! x) those two counter SO many trick room pokemon too! scrafty, jellicent, cresselia, cofagrigus, metagross (with right prediction), tyranitar and a tons more.

i dont really know what you mean it will be about... it will begin... i dont know :P probably after christmas or something.

i really like hitmontop and a bulky substitute tyranitar. it can counter most weather even rain! ^^; it also counter tailwind and trick room.
    the way i run it is i send them both out, then hitmontop gets the intimidate off which helps a ton. if they have tailwind or trick room i fake out the non trick room/tailwind setter and while they set up a sub up. it goes all downhill from that moment on! x) those two counter SO many trick room pokemon too! scrafty, jellicent, cresselia, cofagrigus, metagross (with right prediction), tyranitar and a tons more.

i dont really know what you mean it will be about... it will begin... i dont know :P probably after christmas or something.
    I meant, what will be the theme of the tournament xD if it has one of course x)
    either way nice pairing you got there

the theme MIGHT be winter...
    but other than that i dont really know! xD
    the winter tourney would be mono ice type... >:/ not really my type of thing...

the theme MIGHT be winter...
    but other than that i dont really know! xD
    the winter tourney would be mono ice type... >:/ not really my type of thing...
    well... why not only pokemons with the color Red, White or green in it?
    Could serve the same purpose i supose.
    Or maybe only using hail teams but the other members could have other types... idk, i think only ice pokemons woul be kinda dificult and maybe boring? since they would take ages to kill each other
    Last edited by KuzKan; 19th December 2012 at 3:06 AM.

^^^

Good point but then again there is HP (fire) and other hidden powers could be used. But maybe we could do a tournament with only underrated pokemon. Or a team with only NFE pokemon could be fun.

Credit to me

sorry about that 3ds is slow

lc would be cool. are there any lc pokemon that would be ou? i think cottonee and slowpoke would be. torchic too but lc would be fun
    Last edited by trident20; 19th December 2012 at 3:24 AM.

nfe would work well!
    not to many people in this club use specific hidden powers though... so people who do would crush everyone! D:

Quote Originally Posted by drizzleboy12 View Post
    ^^^

Good point but then again there is HP (fire) and other hidden powers could be used. But maybe we could do a tournament with only underrated pokemon. Or a team with only NFE pokemon could be fun.
    Little Cup in doubles hu? hmm
    Actually i've never seen one like that so it could be cool, but still maintaining the christmas theme right?

christmas theme is not necessary. Just a thought. drizzle you could add all those
    anyway back to the other topic:
    favorite pair of pokemon in doubles?

Slowking and gastridon go great! Gastridon Protects while Slowking TR. Then slowking surfs to raise gastridons SpA and gastridon kills everybody off.

Also Zapdos and hitmontop go great together. with 252 SpA modest nature with specs HP (ice) and a 252 Atk adamant nature fake out lets me KO any non yache berry dragon type.

Credit to me

Quote Originally Posted by drizzleboy12 View Post
    Slowking and gastridon go great! Gastridon Protects while Slowking TR. Then slowking surfs to raise gastridons SpA and gastridon kills everybody off.

Also Zapdos and hitmontop go great together. with 252 SpA modest nature with specs HP (ice) and a 252 Atk adamant nature fake out lets me KO any non yache berry dragon type.
    since slow king is slower than gastrodon (faster in tr) it works awesome! this is also the same deal with cradily and lileep ( someone did use a lileep at VGC and kicked butt!). since it gets storm drain now it rocks!
    i also forgot disquake is devastating to many teams! i run it on my latest team :3

since slow king is slower than gastrodon (faster in tr) it works awesome! this is also the same deal with cradily and lileep ( someone did use a lileep at VGC and kicked butt!). since it gets storm drain now it rocks!
    i also forgot disquake is devastating to many teams! i run it on my latest team :3
    Oh i loved in this friendly when some guy brought garchomo and zapdos against me, i was about to speep powder his zapdos so my victreebel could stay alive and then Will-o-wisp his garchomp so he couldnt do much but no, i switched out my victreebel for porygon2 and used protect on ninetales. next turn i take a heat wave and a earthquake like no ones Business an proceed to disable heat wave with tales while activating gravity with porygon2... the guy obviously didnt know what gravity doe and he continued using EQ's all the time even after he saw that his pokemons were taking damage lol. basically he swept his entire team xD but i helped a bit so yeah... xD

you run disable on a porygon? what kinda set do you run? trick room i assume. you dont need to say the EV's just the moves if you want!
    if you dont wanna its fine! :3

you run disable on a porygon? what kinda set do you run? trick room i assume. you dont need to say the EV's just the moves if you want!
    if you dont wanna its fine! :3
    Disable was on Ninetales xD

On tale i used Disable; WOW; Fire Blast; Protect
    On Porygon2 Gravity; TR; HP Ground; Ice Beam

I used him jut to shut Goodstuffs teams but sometimes he was just too slow :/
    I'm working on getting my team better so hopefully next time i use it i will do better
    Last edited by KuzKan; 19th December 2012 at 4:06 AM.

Wow! Lots of activity

I'm not a tournament holder but I have an idea... Give a random starter to each participant and they would have to build a team centered in that starter. The tournament would then have 2 phases: battle phase and evaluation phase. The evaluation phase would evaluate the synergy of the teams and the role of your starter. For example, running a goodstuffs team with a Typhlosion included gets few points because Typhlosion has no synergy with the "goodstuffs" and he's not the center of the team.

So if any tournament holder likes this and wants to put this into practice, feel free.

TOPICS:

Ninetales and Typhlosion: I lost count to the number of guys I 4-0ed due to these two... Eruption hits so hard that it's scary under the sun and with a Choice Specs. Ninetales cleans up the mess afterwards.

My least favorite team to go against or to use is obviously goodstuffs. There is no strategy and it's boring. I could run 6 of those and win 90% of my battles but then it's not my team. It's the team someone posted around and everybody copied it.

3DS Friend Code: 3866-8099-9870 - Nuno

Super Secret Base | Double Battles | QR Code

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W48 L20

Have you guys thaught about some sort of league?
    Starting with a few groups depending on how many people we have, in the group each person should battle everyone at least 2 times and in the end the 2 people with most points would pass to the single elimination phase and so on until the finals...

thats just kinda a tournament... that isn't really a league...
    i league is with gym battles, elite four etc. i am actually working on one with one of our members which will be very diverse!
    but anyway we are gonna have a tournament soon. so make sure you all get practicing! ^^;

thats just kinda a tournament... that isn't really a league...
    i league is with gym battles, elite four etc. i am actually working on one with one of our members which will be very diverse!
    but anyway we are gonna have a tournament soon. so make sure you all get practicing! ^^;
    I think he's talking about the football league system (or soccer for american people).

3DS Friend Code: 3866-8099-9870 - Nuno

Super Secret Base | Double Battles | QR Code

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W48 L20

could you please explain what that is...? .__.
    i have no idea how that works because i really dont like soccer! xD
    but if you mean like... you go in and get points from battling in a "round robin" type thingy, and then the teams with the most points at the end wins? if you look at the second post, we already have something very similar to that. the second post if you didn't know is the list of tournament ideas (and where the tourney is gonna be when we have one) and the trade shop which is not up and running yet.

Meh... It's me... :P

Hi! I'm Gothic-Gothorita, and I'm a Competitive Double Battler! My favorite VGC Pokemon are Roserade and Swanna! <3 My favorite Pokemon is Leafeon! I like Double Battles because it's way faster then Single Battles and it gives me the chance to focus on more then one Pokemon in battle. It also helps me think of different tactics and battles styles too! I really dun want a Job... .___.
    (I hope I did this right! O+O; )
    Last edited by White_Roar~; 19th December 2012 at 9:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

swanna? that is interesting! xD
    anyway you are accepted!
    i am expecting a long anticipated battle with you and imma crush you :P

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Hero View Post
    I think he's talking about the football league system (or soccer for american people).
    Exactly xD

And joej it is a bit different from the greed tournament. I hosted the two tournaments before and the results were pretty differents.
    The greed tournament resolves on you battling anyone you want in order to maintain your points and be the last man stading (while everyone else lost his/hers points)
    That "league" resolves on assembling a few groups, like Fire Hero said a good example is soccer or some other sport like tennis. In each group lets say we have 4 people, so you have to play against the other 3 from your group 2 times, a win gives you a certain amount of points, same as draw and defeat... after all games are completed we proceed to count the points and in each group the top2 players will advance to a single elimination phase. There we can put pair everyone randomly and they make for example a single match or a best out of 3... epends if you wanna play a bit more or a bit less. While doing that the person who wins advances to the quarter-finals, semo-finals and final (depending on how many people we have there could be some more rounds before the quarter.finals. and yeah... its basically it. I think it pretty different from the Greed tournament. Personally i like both, but if no one is interested that its all good xDD

*Sorry if i misspelled something or some letters are missing, im kinda in a hurry and my keyboard has some keys not working very well xD*

EDIT: Welcome Gothic-Gothorita ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Gothic-Gothorita View Post
    Meh... It's me... :P

Hi! I'm Gothic-Gothorita, and I'm a Competitive Double Battler! My favorite VGC Pokemon are Roserade and Swanna! <3 My favorite Pokemon is Leafeon! I like Double Battles because it's way faster then Single Battles and it gives me the chance to focus on more then one Pokemon in battle. It also helps me think of different tactics and battles styles too! I really dun want a Job... .___.
    (I hope I did this right! O+O; )
    Glaceon is better :3 *shot* *just joking*
    Welcome to the club Frosty!
    Also...I wonder how a Eeveelution double battle team would work. I would try it out but my wifi's acting up as of lately...^^;
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

Page 21 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast