Page 22 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

@kuzkan... i am not really able to read that right now... well... i am too lazy :P
    @princess... glaceon IS a ton better. blizzard spam is fun! i think it is a 49% of one of the foes pokemon to be frozen with blizzard.
    i think that all monotypes on a team would even be crippling due to lower amount of stab on the team. and all Eeveelutions are monotype... >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Raspberyl View Post
    Glaceon is better :3 *shot* *just joking*
    Welcome to the club Frosty!
    Also...I wonder how a Eeveelution double battle team would work. I would try it out but my wifi's acting up as of lately...^^;
    Actually me and CG7 had a pretty good battle with only eeveelutions but it was rotation xD
    Either way i think its pretty fun x)

@kuzkan... i am not really able to read that right now... well... i am too lazy :P
    Oh xD
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble

Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    @princess... glaceon IS a ton better. blizzard spam is fun! i think it is a 49% of one of the foes pokemon to be frozen with blizzard.
    i think that all monotypes on a team would even be crippling due to lower amount of stab on the team. and all Eeveelutions are monotype... >_>
    Glaceon is amazing. Almost replaced Pikachu as my favorite Pokemon. :P Plus it's special attack is pretty amazing :3
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

It is quite fun to use Blizzard during a hailstorm. And the fact that you can freeze your opponents too makes it better. If only my Glaceon was faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    It is quite fun to use Blizzard during a hailstorm. And the fact that you can freeze your opponents too makes it better. If only my Glaceon was faster.
    My Glaceon is slow but can take a hit or two pretty well. :P I love my Glaceon :3 I'mma train another soon D8

but the only downside to glacion is its low speed... which is why doubles is so freaking awesome! TRICK ROOM w00p w00p~!
    anyway new topic!
    Least favorite POKEMON to face in doubles.
    gotta go with cresselia, sableye, or gastrodon.
    gastrodon completely shuts down all water types and is hard to take out. cresselia just can't die! D: and sableye has an awesome move pool that can cripple foes especially physical attackers.

Gastordon. >.< I hate it's abilities >.> I would say Terrakion but that would be bias since I just hate them all in general :P Politoed and Kingdra are not pleasant either. Dear sweet lord I get trashed when I face this combo. ;_;
    Last edited by Princess Raspberyl; 19th December 2012 at 9:13 PM.

Gastrodon, Politoed, and Ludicolo are all evil in Double Battles. It's ironic that I'm saying this, I specialize in Water Pokemon.

Herro, my name is Shinytaifood and I wish to become a competitive double battler. I've never battled with VGC rules before, but my favorite Pokemon both competitively and non-competitive is Latios. Mainly because it's badass with dem specs and it's adorable. I like double battling. I used to do it all the time before I started battling competitively. It's more fun, but sadly it doesn't see the light of day No job for now.

Maybe here it can.
    Last edited by NaCl; 19th December 2012 at 9:15 PM.
    hehe

Gastordon. >.< I hate it's abilities >.> I would say Terrakion but that would be bias since I just hate them all in general :P
    actually, terrakion is super easy to take out... >.> its AWFUL typing makes it easy to KO. with fake out in the metagame you can fake out, then attack and probably KO. it shuts down the most common item, focus sash and then you are good to go!
    i also hate any and all ice types with blizzard if there is a hail up.

EDIT: ACCEPTED!
    please ask members to help you become a better battler!
    also, you will be able to use your favorite pokemon A TON! latios is a beast in the VGC metagame!

It's kind of funny, I never really battle Ice type Pokemon. I used to, but now, it seems as if they disappeared.

It's kind of funny, I never really battle Ice type Pokemon. I used to, but now, it seems as if they disappeared.
    Main reason I hear is that Ice types are bad offensively. >.< My Glaceon should Blizzard/Ice Beam those people. D8
    @Joej m
    Not to me. D8 TERRAKION AND JELLICENT ARE EVIL. PURE EVIL. ;_;

does anyone find it funny how we get a ton of posts when duckie posted his first post here? xD
    you dont see to many any more other than the occasional abamasnow to counter weather. but on almost all teams you will almost NEED an ice type move and a steel type to counter those stupid dragons! D:

Thanks Joej but I would say I'm pretty good. Not amazing but I know the basics lol
    hehe

Main reason I hear is that Ice types are bad offensively. >.< My Glaceon should Blizzard/Ice Beam those people. D8
    @Joej m
    Not to me. D8 TERRAKION AND JELLICENT ARE EVIL. PURE EVIL. ;_;
    What is this blasphemy?! D:< Let my Glaceon and Jynx in on this too.

Oh yes, Jellicent is a hard one too. I remember battling someone who had one and not even a super effective move had put a dent in it.

What?! That's blasempy! D:< Let my Glaceon and Jynx in on this too.

Oh yes, Jellicent is a hard one too. I remember battling someone who had one and not even a super effective move had put a dent in it.
    Jellicent isn't hard at all actually. I never have problems with it. Blissey and Chansey I have quite a bit of trouble with ALL THE TIME.
    hehe

humm... Thundurus i guess, spamming T-Waves up and down when i'm not using a TR team is just annoying >:

Welcome to the club Shinytaifood ^^
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble

Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

What?! That's blasempy! D:< Let my Glaceon and Jynx in on this too.

Jynx+Dry Skin is quite an amazing combo. :P Milotic and Jynx are two Pokemon I pair together often in Doubles. Mah Milotic has Rain Dance. :3 And yep. :P Jellicent's with Recover and Toxic=I get trashed. >.<

you almost never see a blissey or chansey in doubles... but someone on VGC PO server uses one... >.<
    they guard swap with shuckle!!!! imaging that! that is pure genius. then they toxic and seismic toss and... soft boil... >.< it is pure evil... especially when they use minimize after that too!

Remember guys this is the golden rule of any Pokemon Battle.....

You gotta use threats the beat threats.
    hehe

But Huy uses one and it doesn't even have minimize or siesmic toss or Toxic.

Blissey (F) @ Chople Berry
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 148 SAtk / 68 SDef
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Mud Bomb
    - Skill Swap
    - Icy Wind
    - Softboiled

This is by far the biggest change to my team. Blissey filled a good number of holes left by the rest of my team and offered me a brand new toy play with. Speed control and Skill Swap were my main reasons to use Blissey. So why not Cresselia? While Cresselia is probably the best Pokémon for Speed control and Skill Swap, it was not the best for my team. Blissey wouldn’t have to worry about Chandelure Shadow Balls, and it gave me something to switch into Dragon Gem Draco Meteors which I did not really have before. While I could use Cresselia to take the Draco Meteor, Blissey gives me the option to recover all of that damage off with Softboiled. Blissey also offers me a lot of fun things to do with Skill Swap that Cresselia wouldn’t let me do. My team doesn’t really benefit from Levitate, but with 3 Blizzard abusers, they’d all love to take a stab at firing off a Serene Grace Blizzard. An added benefit is that two of my Blizzard users have abilities that can be reactivated. Being able to reset Intimidate and Snow Warning and give my partner Serene Grace would really put a kink in my opponent’s plans.

Now all of that may be self-explanatory but I know what you’re looking at so let’s address the elephant in the room: Mud Bomb. Mud Bomb is a 65 base power, 85% accurate Special Ground-type attack with a 30% chance to lower Accuracy. Now how does that fit into my plan? With 148 Special Attack EVs, Mud Bomb will 2HKO Wolfey’s Heatran while taking negligible damage from whatever Heatran decides to throw back at it. With Serene Grace, the chance of an accuracy drop bumps up to 60% giving me another out with an opponent’s miss. The rest of the EV’s were just dumped in for general bulk. Blissey needed max defense and a Chople Berry in order to survive Fighting Gem Close Combats from Hitmontop so I just ran with that and dumped the rest into HP and Special Defense.

Credit to me

Glaceon is better :3 *shot* *just joking*
    Welcome to the club Frosty!
    Also...I wonder how a Eeveelution double battle team would work. I would try it out but my wifi's acting up as of lately...^^;
    I've faced an Eeveelution team before in doubles, but it appeared like it was made by a noob with stuff like Razor Leaf Leafeon. But I'm sure an effective Eeveelutions team can be built using Pokémon like Vaporeon and Umbreon for support with Helping Hand or changing the weather.
    Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    but the only downside to glacion is its low speed... which is why doubles is so freaking awesome! TRICK ROOM w00p w00p~!
    anyway new topic!
    gotta go with cresselia, sableye, or gastrodon.
    gastrodon completely shuts down all water types and is hard to take out. cresselia just can't die! D: and sableye has an awesome move pool that can cripple foes especially physical attackers.
    Chandelure because, unlike other TR counters, you can't redirect Imprison, so I have to taunt it to stop Imprison. And, even then, it can just use Shadow Ball, since most TR users are Psychic or Ghost type. But that's why I carry Porygon2 as one of my TR users.

Made by Tini (FrozenConstellation).
    Wow, mention Liepard, and everyone's active. I should do this more often.

Quote Originally Posted by drizzleboy12 View Post
    But Huy uses one and it doesn't even have minimize or siesmic toss or Toxic.

Blissey (F) @ Chople Berry
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 148 SAtk / 68 SDef
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Mud Bomb
    - Skill Swap
    - Icy Wind
    - Softboiled

This is by far the biggest change to my team. Blissey filled a good number of holes left by the rest of my team and offered me a brand new toy play with. Speed control and Skill Swap were my main reasons to use Blissey. So why not Cresselia? While Cresselia is probably the best Pokémon for Speed control and Skill Swap, it was not the best for my team. Blissey wouldn’t have to worry about Chandelure Shadow Balls, and it gave me something to switch into Dragon Gem Draco Meteors which I did not really have before. While I could use Cresselia to take the Draco Meteor, Blissey gives me the option to recover all of that damage off with Softboiled. Blissey also offers me a lot of fun things to do with Skill Swap that Cresselia wouldn’t let me do. My team doesn’t really benefit from Levitate, but with 3 Blizzard abusers, they’d all love to take a stab at firing off a Serene Grace Blizzard. An added benefit is that two of my Blizzard users have abilities that can be reactivated. Being able to reset Intimidate and Snow Warning and give my partner Serene Grace would really put a kink in my opponent’s plans.

Now all of that may be self-explanatory but I know what you’re looking at so let’s address the elephant in the room: Mud Bomb. Mud Bomb is a 65 base power, 85% accurate Special Ground-type attack with a 30% chance to lower Accuracy. Now how does that fit into my plan? With 148 Special Attack EVs, Mud Bomb will 2HKO Wolfey’s Heatran while taking negligible damage from whatever Heatran decides to throw back at it. With Serene Grace, the chance of an accuracy drop bumps up to 60% giving me another out with an opponent’s miss. The rest of the EV’s were just dumped in for general bulk. Blissey needed max defense and a Chople Berry in order to survive Fighting Gem Close Combats from Hitmontop so I just ran with that and dumped the rest into HP and Special Defense.
    you copied that from nugget bridge :P plus probably me and you are the only people who know what wolfeys heatran is~.
    i have never seen that been used ever in a battle... but my guess is it worked really well. because i know huy is a great battler... right? xD

I said it was huy's set!

Well yeah he is great he got in the top 10 at worlds and winning last chance qualifier.

Credit to me

did he get top ten with that blissey?
    because i have never actually seen a blissey in a battle... ever... >.>

Page 22 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast