Page 35 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

yes you must be a member for the tourney is held in the club.
    if you would like to join the tourney you must join the club.

Oh this is killing me <.<
    I know i am a terrible team builder but this is going really bad xD
    I cant decide a thing... i've changed my strategy a million times lol
    I better go faster or i wont be able to playtest <.<
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble

Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

Quote Originally Posted by KuzKan View Post
    Oh this is killing me <.<
    I know i am a terrible team builder but this is going really bad xD
    I cant decide a thing... i've changed my strategy a million times lol
    I better go faster or i wont be able to playtest <.<
    Don't worry, mate. I can't fully decide on a team, so I made multiple ones, based on different strategies. I might still do a sandstorm goodstuff team! I've changed regions, since i couldn't get a decent team from johto. I'll have a test battle against you if you want. I'll be on nugget bridge server on PS for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post
    Don't worry, mate. I can't fully decide on a team, so I made multiple ones, based on different strategies. I might still do a sandstorm goodstuff team! I've changed regions, since i couldn't get a decent team from johto. I'll have a test battle against you if you want. I'll be on nugget bridge server on PS for a bit.
    i'm not done yet with the team :/
    i assembled some pokes i really like and they cover each other pretty well but they are super fragile and thats one of the big problems.
    most of the bulky pokes i dont really like so i tend to go for speed and those are used to be taken down pretty easily

Well, I did plan on joining eventually so might as well now.

Hi, I am Silvershark and I am a somewhat competitive double battler! My favorite VGC pokemon would have to be Murkrow, such an underated mon. As for my favorite pokemon, that's a little tougher, but I think I'd have to go with Typhlosion. I like double battles because it adds another level of strategy to the game and makes room for more unique teams, allowing many pokemon that don't normally see a lot of action in singles to become star players on the battle field. I can RNG a few mons for the club, but this will be strictly on a voluntary basis. I probably won't be terribly active here, my interest in pokemon fades in and out from time to time and right now it's kind of on the decline, but I'll try to get online every once and awhile to participate in discussions and maybe battle a few people.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

I'm planning my team now but I don't know if I can get it trained in game this fast :/ I'm testing on PO to start. It's quite hard to build a team and to find a strategy in mono region, but that's what makes it fun ^^

Spoiler:- Friend Code and Safari Info:

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Total Ranked Double Battle Record: W47 L20
    Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W55 L20

*Credit to Astral Shadow from The Under for the userbar*

accepted! welcome silvershark! ^^;
    i know you want to enter the tourney, so please read the rules in the second post, and then complete the signup form please! ^^;

EDIT: fire hero, if you dont mind i would love to have a practice battle if you dont its fine because you might not want to reveal much about your team and tactics.

Serebii user name: Silvershark
    In-Game user name:Jeremy
    In-game friend code:1077 1729 4493
    PS name (if you have one): N/A
    PO name(if you have one): N/A
    Region dex: Johto

Is there a specific reason the rules say B2W2 only? I only have White version. Currently throwing my team together. Might not get too far with it, but I have some fun ideas to play with, so I'll have a good time.

yeah i didn't realize when writing the rules that there is no glitch when battling each other.
    ill tell drizzle to change the rules when he gets on to say any generation 5 game.

Serebii user name: CrystalNinetales
    In-Game user name: Astral
    In-game friend code: 3440-1035-0248
    PS name (if you have one): CrystalNinetales
    PO name(if you have one): CrystalNinetales
    Region dex: Sinnoh (depends on my question's awnsers)

A few questions..
    Is it gonna be in doubles?
    Is garchomp or Swift Swim with rain allowed? (couldnt find anything in the rules bout it)
    Last edited by CrystalNinetales; 10th January 2013 at 8:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalNinetales View Post
    Region dex: Sinnoh/Johto/Hoenn (depends on my question's awnsers)

A few questions..
    Is garchomp or Swift Swim with rain allowed? (couldnt find anything in the rules bout it)
    All Battles held in this Club must be strictly Doubles. So yes, it's Doubles.
    The Rules state, "If you have any question pertaining to your Pokemon for the Tournament, please consult a Mod or Leader" I do not know this (Sorry xD) so I would suggest asking drizzleboy12 or joej m. But I think it would be better to consult joej m considering his is the Club Leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

Quote Originally Posted by Gothic-Gothorita View Post
    All Battles held in this Club must be strictly Doubles. So yes, it's Doubles.
    The Rules state, "If you have any question pertaining to your Pokemon for the Tournament, please consult a Mod or Leader" I do not know this (Sorry xD) so I would suggest asking drizzleboy12 or joej m. But I think it would be better to consult joej m considering his is the Club Leader.
    -_-

Region dex: Sinnoh/Johto/Hoenn (depends on my question's awnsers)

A few questions..
    Yes they are allowed becasuse we did not state we were doing OU.

Credit to me

I'm having a similar difficulty, Fire Hero. Luckily, part of the reason I chose Sinnoh as my region is because I already have a bunch of Sinnoh pokemon trained and ready to go, and most of my strategies are built around those pokes. Really, I only need to obtain one or two more before February to be ready for this. Which is good, because I'm slow as molasses at training, lol!

Unfortunately, one of those is going to be quite difficult to find... I'm breaking from my tradition of just not using legendaries at all and giving at least one a try. Seems like a good opportunity. IF I can get the right one in time...

At first I was surprised at all the people who chose Johto. Then I remembered: Drizzletoad and Hitmontop. It's funny, but I keep just forgetting about Politoed.

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

Hey btw my brother is competing in the tournament but he is too lazy to get on xD

Serebii user name: firemaster01
    In-Game user name: Ryan
    In-game friend code: later
    PS name (if you have one): Firemaster/Drizzleboy/Clemson01
    PO name(if you have one): Firemaster/Drizzleboy/Clemson01
    Region dex: Haven't asked him but I will update this later....

Credit to me

Quote Originally Posted by drizzleboy12 View Post
    Yes they are allowed becasuse we did not state we were doing OU.
    Hmm...ok, my region will be sinnoh, and ill update my post.
    Also as regionals is in about 9/10 ish days, is anyonec actually going?

Hmm...ok, my region will be sinnoh, and ill update my post.
    Also as regionals is in about 9/10 ish days, is anyonec actually going?
    You asked like 3 times. lol

but yeah I am going to Virginia regionals!

Credit to me

there will be no tourney in singles on here due to the annoying tiers thing that i can't stand .__.
    but triples might show up once... because it is more similar to doubles than singles/rotation.
    @gothie drizzle is a leader too you know -__-
    @zozo dont forget kingdra too xD

And Slowking. That covers four members of Drizzleboy's team.

Seriously though, Johto has a ton of options besides just rain. I believe I read something about multiple teams allowed. Does that mean we're allowed to switch pokemon around between matches, provided they're from the same region of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvershark View Post

Seriously though, Johto has a ton of options besides just rain. I believe I read something about multiple teams allowed. Does that mean we're allowed to switch pokemon around between matches, provided they're from the same region of course.
    not only his tho xD i bet there will be a few around toed + kingdra

about that team changing thingy.... it doesnt eem that none of the leaders read what i said so... i'll past it i guess o-o

thats other thing yu could consider for future tournaments i think...
    the tournaments i entered over the years and hosted in yu-gi-oh 2 of the rules we're no banned decks/cards (just like the ubers in pokemon) and you could not change your deck during the tournament.
    I dont really mind but since we are playing via wifi there's people that barely have 2/3 teams so it would only benefit some other ones
    In the friendly tournaments, and every other VGC tournamnt for that manner, we are only allowed one team thats why there are only use 4 pokemon instea of 6, so you can "change" your teams.
    one thing you could think about in the future is adding maybe 2 more pokemon if lot of people insiste in using more than one team (if you dont allow more than one of course).
    We would be implementing the side-decks in yu-gi-oh in pokemon.
    side-decks consiste in 15 extra cards you can change for other ones in your deck in between battles in a match, so... with the 2 sided pokemons alredy existent in the VGC mayve just ading two more?
    personally i dont mind if peoplke are able to change teams or not but as i said before it might be unfair to some who have not the time to breed/ev train/level so many pokemons.
    and i dont really care about the sided pokemons i just talked either btw xD i only think it would be kind of an option for the ones who want to use more than one team.

Mate, I have made 3 separate sinnoh teams, each focussing on a specific core. You can interchange teams. Two teams is viable on wifi battles. I'm currently brewing up a fourth, however, these are mainly showdown based, since RNGing isn't my thing. Ingame, likely one for me =]

@joej m or drizzleboy, how do we show you guys who won the round? Battle videos?

^^
    Yes that would work!

Also if it is on PO/PS then me, joej m, or a mod will watch the battle while it is going on

lol

Credit to me

if you dont know how to save videos... then press save battle video after. the winner will be required to save the first one. then upload it online and right down the battle video. then you can save another one, and upload that on the global station. i will review both battles. even if you lose the first one and lose the second one you must save the video and upload it. but only the winner has to show us the two videos they won. if you dont save a video and post a number for each battle you won then the battle will be done over.

Still working on one member of my team, but I was able substitute it with another pokemon from one of my triples teams and do some testing last night. Won my first five battles, much to my surprise, I really didn't think the team would able to take on standard teams as well as it did. Lost the next three battles, won the following two. The last one was a real knuckle-biter, had a bad match up at the start and made some bad predictions, but unbelievably the stars aligned, hax worked in my favor, and I won the match.

Well, I'm breeding along for my team, and making some pretty good progress with it. I had a flash of inspiration yesterday and I'm pinning my hopes on these two soon-to-be-born 'mons. It's kind of a gamble, but I think they'll be able to pull it off.

Of course, I doubt I'll have time or the will to properly playtest these things before the tourney, but that's pretty much par for the course. I never do playtesting before tournaments. xD

Hmm... well, if we're allowed to switch up our teams during the tourney, I hope I'll have time to breed a couple of "extras." There's a bunch of Pokemon I've wanted to try but never really had the chance. This seems like the ideal time to try them out! But, that'll only work if I get lucky enough with my breeding. So, on that note, lets see if I can churn out some more eggs before bed.

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

when is the tourny?

trident wifi 5286 9232 1961 unova

i cant copy and paste on 3ds

anywho i bet no one here can beat me in a double battle

vm me NOW if you want to try. ill be waiting
    Last edited by trident20; 12th January 2013 at 3:41 PM.

Page 35 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast