Page 36 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

i just beat you :P 3-0 2-0
    but gg's btw
    the tourney start date is in the second post... if it isn't then tell me~

Serebii username: your boss
    In Game name: Thing
    Friend Code: 1893-9069-3350
    PS name: Gravyman
    PO name: a person
    Region dex: Unova/Sinnoh/Johto/Kanto

Finally i decided on my 6 pokemons -_-
    ill work on their movesets, ev's abilities and all of that now so i can play test it
    Its a shame they are all fragile but i definitely discovered some pretty awesome possible strategies where i can use them... mostly out of a mono region team tho xD
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble

Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

It starts in February?Then I'm in!
    Serebii user name:Arcchstaraptor
    In-Game user name:Chris
    In-game friend code: (Will get back to you )
    PS name (if you have one):Archstaraptor
    PO name(if you have one):Archstaraptor
    Region dex: Hoenn

I have a cunning plan...

alright signups will end tonight (my time :P)
    can't wait to battle all of you guys in the tourney. once the signups are done i will count up the amount of people, and then we will see how long the tourney will take and how it will be held.

guys my unova team is awesome!

on random matchuo ive won about 15 matches and lost 4 with this team!

i cant wait for this wifi tourny !

make sure you all practice

Quote Originally Posted by trident20 View Post
    guys my unova team is awesome!

on random matchuo ive won about 15 matches and lost 4 with this team!

i cant wait for this wifi tourny !

make sure you all practice
    whimsicott+terrakion by any chance. Had some kind of breakthrough RNGing. Trying on latios, and first time, caught one with perfect IVs, but awful nature. now, I can't redo the IVs i got. I'm going to try agin, but people say to use eon timer. there aren't any instructions, so I guess I'll try again. soom luck will be mine!

Anyway, it seems i'll be juggling exams with RNGing and team building, for the next wifi tourney, and revision, and coursework. Man, janurary wasn't this crowded last year!
    Last edited by philzone; 13th January 2013 at 11:11 PM.

Well, I got pretty lucky with my breeding and got some very acceptable 'mons quite quickly. All I need to do now is train them, which shouldn't take me too long. Neither one needs anything particularly tricky. Looks like I will have time to get a few extras to play around with too!

Should be an interesting tournament! I'm glad I went with Sinnoh, it's going to be a great opportunity to try out a few Pokemon I never would have thought of otherwise. (:

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

i am surprised that there are so few people who chose sinnoh... because cresselia is a complete beast... i think like 40% of all people who attend VGC's use one or something xD
    but either way politoed is a huge draw to johto. i have made a johto team but i might try something else... anyway if you wanna change your region please notify me and then i will modify your signup to say whatever region you want.
    Last edited by joej m; 13th January 2013 at 10:34 PM.

I find Escavalier and Porygon2 underrated. Escavalier's Megahorn from a Choice Band under Trick Room dents a bunch of **** like Cresselia, Tyranitar and Hydreigon. It isn't like Scizor's popularity but it's worth choosing. Porygon2 on the other hand has the ability Trace, which can be useful in walling Heatran and other stuff.

actually i have been seeing more escavaliers on the nugget bridge server on PS more than scizor's... but on PO i see scizor more... for some reason the meta changes depending on if you are battling on PO, PS, or wifi...
    but i prefer a bug gem on escavalier because then you can have a variety of moves including substitute... and NO ONE wants to see it in a sub. it does to much damage to everything it hits. even if it resists it. but zapdos wall it... :/
    porygon 2 was my first trick roomer on my first trick room team (2nd team) ever! i like both of its abilities, its move pool, and so much more about it!

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    actually i have been seeing more escavaliers on the nugget bridge server on PS more than scizor's... but on PO i see scizor more... for some reason the meta changes depending on if you are battling on PO, PS, or wifi...
    but i prefer a bug gem on escavalier because then you can have a variety of moves including substitute... and NO ONE wants to see it in a sub. it does to much damage to everything it hits. even if it resists it. but zapdos wall it... :/
    porygon 2 was my first trick roomer on my first trick room team (2nd team) ever! i like both of its abilities, its move pool, and so much more about it!
    On wifi at the very least, people sometimes prefer to use more "proved" working sets on their teams because of the training aspect of it. I test my team extremely on PO or PS before I'd actually take the time to create it in game. And that makes the metagame, be it singles doubles or triples, quite a bit different. Just how I see it :P

Argh...got a tourney match coming up. @.@...I thought I was gonna avoid it but noooo, the guy/girl finally responds after 2 days. @.@ xD...now I have to create a team and such...

Hopefully Kabutops is available.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Meh only did 2 batles with the team...
    the first i won easily but i dont think my oponent knew how to play in doubles (i dont really know either ahah)
    The second i lost 1-0, his hitmontop survived with 2HP -_-

I have about three more auxiliary pokemon to RNG still before I call it good, giving me ten pokemon to work with. Speaking of which, two will need some tutoring from someone with a B2W2 cartridge, if I can get a volunteer.

For me, this is giving me the chance to test out some old ideas I've had for a long time, but have never had the opportunity to test, as well as picking up a few new tricks on the way. Can't wait to see how some of my plans pan out.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

Quote Originally Posted by Silvershark View Post
    I have about three more auxiliary pokemon to RNG still before I call it good, giving me ten pokemon to work with. Speaking of which, two will need some tutoring from someone with a B2W2 cartridge, if I can get a volunteer.

For me, this is giving me the chance to test out some old ideas I've had for a long time, but have never had the opportunity to test, as well as picking up a few new tricks on the way. Can't wait to see how some of my plans pan out.
    sorry i can't... still havent completed my w2 game xD
    but i would recommend asking someone outside of the club... because some might look at the sets you are running and also putting your pokemon on someone else's game really can make you lose... bad to them...

I finally think i'm a getting this RNG malarky. caught perfect IV pokemon now. just the natures to sort out. PIDRNG, how hard can it be.

My teams are fantastic on showdown. one in particular seems to be the best. It uses a very odd core, but first it seems stupid, but people are blown away by it. or i go hyper offencive, and rule.

Sorry for not posting for so long been really busy ^^;
    I don't think I'll be entering this tournament but if anyone wants help testing their team or any help building it then just VM me! I'll be free any time tomorrow but not tonight

Hum... yeh i'll have to cancel my application to enter the tournament... i really like the team i made but most of the so comon pokemons that almost everyonw uses can wreck me meh, I wish people coul be a little more original (i know there are some original guys in here tho xD) but its whatever i guess o-o anyone can use whatever they want if they like it and if it works for them. My team could probably get better and maybe handle some powerfull pokemons but i never was a good teambuilder nor even a battler so yeah... i'll have to study more about those aspects and maybe i'll enter the next one.

My team was: Butterfree; Jynx; Dragonite; Gengar; Hitmonlee; Arcanine

Big weakness to rock i know i know but in my mind the strategies would work just fine... if i knew how to play better i bet the team would run better so yeah... i'll pick it up sometime... specially jynx o-o i never knew that that pokemon was so good xD

and thats it... Good luck guys :3

=/ ok =/
    but remember the competition doesn't start for quite a while from now, so if you have time to get cracking on a new team then please say so
    anyway remember the tourney starts in the beginning of February! so make sure you get all your pokemon soon!

=/ ok =/
    but remember the competition doesn't start for quite a while from now, so if you have time to get cracking on a new team then please say so
    anyway remember the tourney starts in the beginning of February! so make sure you get all your pokemon soon!

nah... it took me quite a while just to think about this one, it would take forever to think about another one and would be very time consuming since i would still need to breed and stuff but its ok :3
    at least i got an idea for a new team (non mono region ofc xD)

SO MANY TOURNEYS COMING UP xD

ANNOUNCEMENT!!!
    the international championship is coming SUPER SOON!!! january 25th to the 28th! pretty sure the same rules as the last one... but i will check
    i love how there are so many! i hope i do as well as last time! maybe hopefully i can break the top 10 this time for america (12th in america in the last one)
    brb with the rules
    EDIT: yep, same rules just i only think it is for america! this is good because of all the spanish people who rage quit... ._.
    Last edited by joej m; 16th January 2013 at 12:48 AM.

SO MANY TOURNEYS COMING UP xD

ANNOUNCEMENT!!!
    the international championship is coming SUPER SOON!!! january 25th to the 28th! pretty sure the same rules as the last one... but i will check
    i love how there are so many! i hope i do as well as last time! maybe hopefully i can break the top 10 this time for america (12th in america in the last one)
    brb with the rules

where is that taking place?
    cant fin anything about it in the PGL site o-o

EDIT: just for america? meh that sucks then

first it is only america. also, it isn't there because it is just announced. you can't sign up yet.
    http://nuggetbridge.com/news/2013-in...lenge-january/

where does it say that its only for america?
    i may be blind xDDD
    I am from europe and wanna play T_T

EDIT: it doesnt say anywhere its just for america lol. its international so yeah i can join yey!!!!
    Gonna have the chance to try my team :3
    Last edited by KuzKan; 16th January 2013 at 1:30 AM.

wait... international... means... not national~!!! OHHHHH!!! xDDDDDD
    i DERPED xD
    i am gonna start working on that team now
    it ends like a week before the mono region tourney starts ;_; thats a lot of practicing to do! but my finals will be done soon so i will have a fair amount of time to get ready... but sign ups start on the 17th (i think) so make sure you secure your spot! hopefully DQing isn't as much of a problem.

post 900! 100 more till 1000~
    Last edited by joej m; 16th January 2013 at 1:39 AM.

Page 36 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast