Page 40 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1656

Thread: Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

i tested the team a bit aaaaand... it is a failure ;_;
    i really suck at this LOL gotta think of a solution during this week...
    Last edited by KuzKan; 21st January 2013 at 1:37 AM.
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble

Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

Quote Originally Posted by KuzKan View Post
    i tested the team a bit aaaaand... it is a failure ;_;
    i really suck at this LOL gotta think of a solution during this week...
    What's your team? Sometimes it helps if you bounce ideas off of someone. (:
    Oh, unless it's the team you're putting together for the club tourney...? In that case, one thing that I find helpful is I open up a text file and jot down what I want my team to do and what my individual team members all need to be able to do and what they'll need for support. I find that eventually, I start seeing how various Pokemon can fit into each slot and pretty soon my team just comes together.

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by zozo View Post
    Oh, unless it's the team you're putting together for the club tourney...? In that case, one thing that I find helpful is I open up a text file and jot down what I want my team to do and what my individual team members all need to be able to do and what they'll need for support. I find that eventually, I start seeing how various Pokemon can fit into each slot and pretty soon my team just comes together.
    not for the club tournament but for the international one xD
    it is mesprit; sableye; scizor; chandelure; marowak and eelektross

i do kin of the same thing, i have everything on excel
    Last edited by KuzKan; 21st January 2013 at 1:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zozo View Post
    I do the exact same, once I think I'm done with my Pokemon/Team, I write down my Pokemon's description for the movesets, EVs, Nature, Held Item, and Ability to figure out how I could use this in battle. Once I'm done with that, see if the Pokemon/Team is weak to anything, try it out in a battle and than see if you can change something. I believe this quote will shed some light. xD

"When you make a team, you have to test it out a LOT of times. I mean, you're not going to make a great and super-effective team on the get and go."
    Last edited by White_Roar~; 21st January 2013 at 1:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

Quote Originally Posted by Gothic-Gothorita View Post
    I do the exact same, once I think I'm done with my Pokemon/Team, I write down my Pokemon's description for the movesets, EVs, Nature, Held Item, and Ability to figure out how I could use this in battle. Once I'm done with that, see if the Pokemon/Team is weak to anything, try it out in a battle and than see if you can change something. I believe this quote will shed some light. xD

"When you make a team, you have to test it out a LOT of times. I mean, you're not going to make a great and super-effective team on the get and go."
    i do this all the time.
    i did this with my newest team whint i think is my best one.

not for the club tournament but for the international one xD
    it is mesprit; sableye; scizor; chandelure; marowak and eelektross
    I'm guessing Trick Room team? Whether it is or not, I suggest adding something a wee bit faster, preferably something that can pick off or scare away other pokemon that are threats before they can do anything to the rest of your team.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

Quote Originally Posted by Silvershark View Post
    I'm guessing Trick Room team? Whether it is or not, I suggest adding something a wee bit faster, preferably something that can pick off or scare away other pokemon that are threats before they can do anything to the rest of your team.
    Agree.

Your team seems suited for Trick Room but if you fail to set it up, you're doomed. Make sure you have a way to set up Trick Room no matter what Sableye can help if you just Fake Out the opposing Taunt user or anything you feel like threatening Mesprit (which I believe is your main Trick Room inducer).

Spoiler:- Friend Code and Safari Info:

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Total Ranked Double Battle Record: W47 L20
    Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W54 L20

*Credit to Astral Shadow from The Under for the userbar*

i have no problems setting trick room actually, in all the games i played i always activate trick room, chandelure has sash and mesprit has max HP and Dark resistence berry so with fake out and will-o-wisp from sableye i am almost always safe.
    the problem is that i pratically only have 1 attack per element and that screws me but idk what to do :/

the problem is that i pratically only have 1 attack per element and that screws me but idk what to do :/
    What do you mean by this?

Chandelure is your other Trick Roomer I assume. I like your team. Nice Pokémon, unusual ones too. Hope it works well

June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

i mean i have only 1 fire attack, 1 electric attack, 1 psychic, 1 ice, and so on and so on :/

yeah chandelure is my second trick roomer and thank you ^^
    i really wanna change it so it can work well but ik how and nor have the time before the tournament i think ><

Hi, I am Chiron and I am a competitive double battler! My Favourite VGC Pokemon at the current time is probably Hydreigon. I have used him for a while and he never fails to impress. My favourite Pokemon is a difficult question. Often my favourite changes though Arcanine and Slowking will always have a soft spot for me. I like double battles because of the variety and skill that is used over Singles. I can be move tutorer in BW2. I am the same Chiron from NuggetBridge on a side not.

i mean i have only 1 fire attack, 1 electric attack, 1 psychic, 1 ice, and so on and so on :/

yeah chandelure is my second trick roomer and thank you ^^
    i really wanna change it so it can work well but ik how and nor have the time before the tournament i think ><
    You think you don't have enough time. most of my team is fantisy. I only have one in and trained, but move wise, it is lacking.
    Try evio-porygon2. that duck can wall most foes, and can use tri attack and ice beam/thunderbolt to destroy foes. and TR as well

ACCEPTED!
    Welcome chiron!

@kuzkan i really dont see much of a problem with chandelure on your team >.>

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    ACCEPTED!
    Welcome chiron!

@kuzkan i really dont see much of a problem with chandelure on your team >.>
    i dont think anyone said he was a problem xDD

@philzone what do you think i should replace porygon2 with to test it?

Hi, I am treeckotrainer and I wish to become a competitive double battler!
    I once created a doubles team on PO, but I never tested it. I do have experience with singles and competitive pokemon all around.
    My favorite VGC pokemon.......I can't really say that because I never actually battled doubles as I said, but I gotta say Thundurus-I seems good and he looks cool too.
    My favorite pokemon is Treecko, of course.
    Well, I like doubles, because they have a lot more strategies than singles. Also, a lot more pokemon are viable in doubles and different items are used, whereas in singles it's life orb/choice item/leftovers.
    Unfortunately, I don't have wifi, so I can't do any RNG, breeder, or cloner job. If they are needed, I can do the job as a tournament holder (if on PO), I guess.
        Spoiler:- DD stuff:

i dont think anyone said he was a problem xDD

@philzone what do you think i should replace porygon2 with to test it?
    You seem to have 2 ghost and dark weak TR setters. From what I can see, chandlure is an offensive TR setter, where as mespirit is a supporter? It would be over one of these.
    I forgot to mention that porygon2 gains magic coat. against taunters and status inducers (sableye and thundurus-i), it reflects back the status, and if taunt is used, they are taunted, and can't use their support moves, which is fun. oh, and TR can set up safley

Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post
    You seem to have 2 ghost and dark weak TR setters. From what I can see, chandlure is an offensive TR setter, where as mespirit is a supporter? It would be over one of these.
    I forgot to mention that porygon2 gains magic coat. against taunters and status inducers (sableye and thundurus-i), it reflects back the status, and if taunt is used, they are taunted, and can't use their support moves, which is fun. oh, and TR can set up safley

i may try to replace him for mesprit since if i remove chandelure i will not have fire attacks an porygon2 can have ice beam like mesprit
    thank you for that ^^

Porygon2 seems to fill the same role as Mesprit so I'd also say to replace Mesprit. Chandelure must stay, although I'm a little bit skeptic about the 80 base speed Chandelure has. Can it outslow standard Tyranitar? Because if it can't, then Tyranitar is a huge threat to your team that must be removed by a teammate in order for Chandelure to shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Hero View Post
    Porygon2 seems to fill the same role as Mesprit so I'd also say to replace Mesprit. Chandelure must stay, although I'm a little bit skeptic about the 80 base speed Chandelure has. Can it outslow standard Tyranitar? Because if it can't, then Tyranitar is a huge threat to your team that must be removed by a teammate in order for Chandelure to shine.
    i gave him -spe nature and 0 speed iv's so it should outslow them everytime i'm guessing
    while testing the team tho, i didnt face any tyranitar

there really is no standard tyranitar set. there are so many from:
    adamant 252 hp/252 attack/ 4 defense
    brave 252 hp/252 attack/ 4 defense
    jolly 252 hp/252 attack/ 4 defense
    jolly (choice scarf) 4 hp/ 252 attack/ 252 speed
    they are all fairly standard. then there are the custom sets that half the people (half the good people) will be running so it is hard to figure out what you will be outspeeding etc.

a lot of tyranitars will be a lot slower than chaldelure.

EDIT: welcome treekotrainer!
    btw doubles is a highly wifi related battle type. so playing games won't be a good. as well as being able to enter little of our tourneys. but it is still worth trying

BTW i call posting the 1000 post everyone xDDDD
    Last edited by joej m; 22nd January 2013 at 7:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    there really is no standard tyranitar set. there are so many from:
    adamant 252 hp/252 attack/ 4 defense
    brave 252 hp/252 attack/ 4 defense
    jolly 252 hp/252 attack/ 4 defense
    jolly (choice scarf) 4 hp/ 252 attack/ 252 speed
    they are all fairly standard. then there are the custom sets that half the people (half the good people) will be running so it is hard to figure out what you will be outspeeding etc.

a lot of tyranitars will be a lot slower than chaldelure.

EDIT: welcome treekotrainer!
    btw doubles is a highly wifi related battle type. so playing games won't be a good. as well as being able to enter little of our tourneys. but it is still worth trying

BTW i call posting the 1000 post everyone xDDDD
    Uh no, im gonna get that 1000th post :P
    and you forgot one set, the jolly 252 speed 252 attack 4 defense set with dragon dance i run :P

well guys when is the wifi nintendo tourney?

ill be using a trick room rain team (not copying drizzle)
    my user name is trident so ill see you there maybe!

Quote Originally Posted by treeckotrainer View Post
    Hi, I am treeckotrainer and I wish to become a competitive double battler!
    I once created a doubles team on PO, but I never tested it. I do have experience with singles and competitive pokemon all around.
    My favorite VGC pokemon.......I can't really say that because I never actually battled doubles as I said, but I gotta say Thundurus-I seems good and he looks cool too.
    My favorite pokemon is Treecko, of course.
    Well, I like doubles, because they have a lot more strategies than singles. Also, a lot more pokemon are viable in doubles and different items are used, whereas in singles it's life orb/choice item/leftovers.
    Unfortunately, I don't have wifi, so I can't do any RNG, breeder, or cloner job. If they are needed, I can do the job as a tournament holder (if on PO), I guess.
    Accepted!

Hello treeckotrainer! Welcome to Club Double Trouble the "renounced" *rolls eyes* Double Battling Community! XD But seriously, welcome. I'm Gothic-Gothorita, a moderator here. If you have any questions or have anything pertaining to the Club to ask feel free to PM me! Also, just makes sure your posts have meaning and aren't one sentence.

do you really have to accept someone after you should have seen i did duckie? -_-
    dragon dance? interesting. never seen it so i was putting out the common few i see.
    @ trident you seem kinda pumped for this. while it is fun, get ready to get disqualified. yep. thats right. if they disconnect in a game it also goes towards your disconnect %. if you DC to much or they DC on you a lot then you will be disqualified. so getting a high rank doesn't mean too much. but i still like people who dont know the system of ratings that i got 12th and they make a huge deal out of it xD
    i just killed the chance of getting post 1000 ._. crud. i so wanna double post xDDD

1,000 POSTS! I SAY HAH!!!

Anyway, I only accepted him because you said "welcome treeckotrainer!" that had nothing to do with accepting him. Now that that's over, here's a topic to get some discussion going. ^-^;

NEW TOPIC: Is there anything that you could think of to add or take out of Double Battling to make it more fun?

Page 40 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast