Page 43 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1656

Thread: Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

Yeah, I'm in this too. I'll probably make another thread like I did for the International Challenge soon for it.

Main reason I'm joining is cos I want to use Keldeo and Victini for something. Perfect opportunity! Also, I don't like using Legendaries at all, so this is my free pass. hahaha

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

It's a shame that Dark void is banned ><
    Darkrai is one of the pokemons i've always wanted to use :/
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble

Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

Default New Rain Team~!

Hey guys! i recently made this rain team and wanted some possible advice for it!
    The Team has been working wonders for me, leaving me with more wins than ever! This is gonna be a long read, so make sure you have time to read it! xD

Spoiler:- Tornados and Rain Storms:

Tell me what you think guys~!
    Last edited by joej m; 2nd February 2013 at 7:38 AM.

The team seems good. You only have one Rain abuser (maybe two if you count Zapdos's Thunder) though, but I think that's good in case you lose the weather war.

I'll only advice on Tornadus because I'm user of one myself. In the rain, I think Tornadus would be suited to run Prankster and a special attacking moveset, namely with Hurricane. Your team also seems to like Tailwind, as I see things like Latios, Swift Swim Kingdra or even Weavile outspeeding everything barring Ludicolo. However, as you said, Superpower helps with Ferrothorn, so, it's a hard decision.

On the other way, since you don't "abuse" the Rain, you don't need it to be active 100% of the time, so maybe you could replace Politoed with something else and maybe run Prankster Rain Dance on Tornadus.

Just suggesting

Spoiler:- Friend Code and Safari Info:

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W47 L20

*Credit to Astral Shadow from The Under for the userbar*

So, um, when is the tourney we were going to have? Feb 2nd now, and still waiting

Nice team there. I run dual chop over dragon claw. Sub chomp is annoying, and sashes, so it works. Especially vs FEAR sets. =] might be a consideration
    Oh and when tr and rain is up, there is pain. Try rotom-w over zapdos. It can cause so much pain. Esp. With specs on. Also kepps a ground resist and hits hard.
    Last edited by philzone; 2nd February 2013 at 3:48 PM.
    All Hail Goomy

thanks for all the suggestions
    dual chop is an interesting idea. ill try it out
    the tourney was brought back 2 weeks. and it was gonna start this weekend so it is starting on the 16th. the international challenge got in the way of it.

@ firehero:
    three problems with running the prankster tornadus.
    1: i despise it :P
    2: i need a counter to intimidate pokemon, and I LOVE me a good attack boost after an icy wind etc.
    3: it is not bulky in any way shape or form. it just doesn't win weather wars. but the time i have the rain up it is KO'd, and t tar and abamasnow are fair checks to it if it doenst have superpower.
    i like politoed a lot. scizor is also considered a rain abuser to some extent.
    i chose zapdos over rotom w because i need the fire type coverage. plus i dont have too many spread moves on this team... other than garchomp. but i could try a hidden power fire on it.

thanks all!
    Last edited by joej m; 2nd February 2013 at 4:36 PM.

people who are competing PM/VM me your FC so I can put it in the Brackets. also I forgot who is competing xD

Credit to me

I thought today was the pushed back date of the tournament. The post with the tournament information needs to be updated.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

yeah sorry i told drizzle too... but he had to go when i did. then i forgot to remind him again. i gotta train so many team ._. xD

So... how is everyone doing?
    This club has been so quiet o-o
    Me... peronally... i might not participate in the friendly this time after all
    I'm learning some new (to me) RNG stuff and im quite excited with it, mostly because maybe i'll be able to RNG on third gen
    And yeah... with all of that i dont think i'll have the will to play in the friendly XD
    I'll just farm some good pokes for later tournaments

Quote Originally Posted by KuzKan View Post
    So... how is everyone doing?
    This club has been so quiet o-o
    Me... peronally... i might not participate in the friendly this time after all
    I'm learning some new (to me) RNG stuff and im quite excited with it, mostly because maybe i'll be able to RNG on third gen
    And yeah... with all of that i dont think i'll have the will to play in the friendly XD
    I'll just farm some good pokes for later tournaments
    does this mean leaf green/fire red, or just emerald/ruby/sapphire. Pray do tell if it is fr/lg (zapdos problems, and can duplicate on emerald).
    Did poor this time in the wifi tourney. 4000 and something. main reason, left a power anklet on a latios, ruining it.
    All Hail Goomy

Yeah it appears that leaf green and fire red are possible as well x)

EDIT: or maybe not? it mentions those games in the guide but briefly hmmm
    Last edited by KuzKan; 6th February 2013 at 7:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KuzKan View Post
    Yeah it appears that leaf green and fire red are possible as well x)

EDIT: or maybe not? it mentions those games in the guide but briefly hmmm
    From what I've heard, RNGing on FR/LG is possible but ridiculously difficult. I've only heard of one person who appears to have successfully RNGd a Pokemon there (a Mewtwo), and it wasn't that great. R/S/E are far easier to RNG with, pretty much all you need is a countdown timer and the spreadsheet for the appropriate type of RNG you're doing. It's still very difficult since you have to have your timing down to the millisecond, but it's a lot more reliable than trying to RNG on FR/LG.

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

Yeah i've been reading about it :/
    Right now im cleaning my ddiamond game, RNGing all the legendaries, its a shame i only tried to learn how to do it this week, if it was one day sooner i would have RNGed Darkrai instead of getting one with those iv's but still... gotta clean up diamond then heart gold and THEN i'm going to try on emerald xD
    I want to farm some Legendaries since i only have a few

could someone vm me a list of pokemon to try in doubles

im tired of cress, t tar, and politoed

ok ok ok

i need to try driftblim lol
    any ideas?
    Last edited by trident20; 9th February 2013 at 2:36 AM.

yeah it has been way quiet. i have looked on smogon and found some guides for 3rd gen RNG etc. can't find anything on leaf green/fire red... but i suck at skimming through stuff xD
    Emerald i heard is the easiest. R/S is the same, but your can't RNG roaming legends because of a glitch that only lets them have IV's 8 or lower (i think it is around 8). so latios and latias are useless on that game for RNGing. but other than that it is the same i think. just if your internal battery has run dry in the game then you can't RNG. a screen will pop up at the beginning of your game if it has, so if it hasn't then you are fine
    anyway gonna start getting my pokemon for the tourney this weekend

I'll be doing it mostly because of mew tho

EDIT: and i found a guide for FR and LF, tho i ont know if they are viable... only read it briefly

EDIT2: maybe... in a couple of weeks i may open a tradeshop and im planning some giveaways for people from this club... if i do open it ill post a link so you can check what you can get ^^
    but first i need to clear my games and RNG the legends xD
    Last edited by KuzKan; 9th February 2013 at 3:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by trident20 View Post
    could someone vm me a list of pokemon to try in doubles

im tired of cress, t tar, and politoed

ok ok ok

i need to try driftblim lol
    any ideas?
    hey look something that has to do with double battling....

hey look something that has to do with double battling....
    Hahaha right?

Anyways, I'm looking at completely trashing the team I entered the International Challenge with. It was a decent concept I guess, but it just wasn't working out. Maybe when I get better at playing myself, I'll do better with it. In the meantime, I ran into this really interesting idea for Trick Room teams. Basically, they took the Japanese Standard Trick Room teambuild, and changed it to be less standard. Using the same idea, I'm testing my team out, as I changed a few things. Hopefully it all turns out alright.

Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!

hey what do you all think of blaziken thundurus combo

blaziken can protect and get spped boost while thundurus taunts/t-waves

ideas for blaziken moveset? he can learn dual chop lol
    Last edited by trident20; 9th February 2013 at 5:59 PM.

hey what do you all think of blaziken thundurus combo

blaziken can protect and get spped boost while thundurus taunts/t-waves

ideas for blaziken moveset? he can learn dual chop lol
    I really don't have any experience at all with a Blaziken, outside of in-game runs with them, but it looks to me like the standard set on Smogon is really a pretty darn good choice: Protect, Flare Blitz, Sky Uppercut (instead of Hi Jump Kick, which is pretty risky in doubles), and Rock Slide with a Life Orb equipped. Hits with both STABS and has some pretty nice coverage in Rock Slide, and takes advantage of Speed Boost and Thundurus' pranks with Protect. I guess Brave Bird would be an option too, but having 2 life-draining moves + Life Orb would kill it way too quickly, and you'd lose some precious coverage from Rock Slide. I guess you could think about replacing Flare Blitz with something that doesn't give recoil damage, like Blaze Kick or Fire Punch, but Fire Punch is pretty weak and Blaze Kick has only 90% accuracy. It looks like you may want to run something that can shut down Rain, to support Blaziken a bit more. Maybe giving Thundurus Volt Switch and carrying an auto-weather summoner on your team?

At any rate, good, bad, or indifferent, those are my ideas. Hope that was somewhat helpful!
    Last edited by zozo; 10th February 2013 at 2:48 AM.

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by zozo View Post
    I really don't have any experience at all with a Blaziken, outside of in-game runs with them, but it looks to me like the standard set on Smogon is really a pretty darn good choice: Protect, Flare Blitz, Sky Uppercut (instead of Hi Jump Kick, which is pretty risky in doubles), and Rock Slide with a Life Orb equipped. Hits with both STABS and has some pretty nice coverage in Rock Slide, and takes advantage of Speed Boost and Thundurus' pranks with Protect. I guess Brave Bird would be an option too, but having 2 life-draining moves + Life Orb would kill it way too quickly, and you'd lose some precious coverage from Rock Slide. I guess you could think about replacing Flare Blitz with something that doesn't give recoil damage, like Blaze Kick or Fire Punch, but Fire Punch is pretty weak and Blaze Kick has only 90% accuracy. It looks like you may want to run something that can shut down Rain, to support Blaziken a bit more. Maybe giving Thundurus Volt Switch and carrying an auto-weather summoner on your team?

At any rate, good, bad, or indifferent, those are my ideas. Hope that was somewhat helpful!
    zozo's ideas seem sound. The only thing is with that moveset, you would be pretty walled by Latios, as Rock Slide wouldn't do anywhere near enough in order to prevent it from KOing. Blaziken+Thundurus is a pretty good duo, but I wouldn't put too much stock in them, as the pair, while workable, doesn't really KO anything either.

But with zozo's ideas, it's a pretty solid way of setting up Blaziken. Also, it really doesn't matter who you pair Blaziken up with in order to pull this off. To be honest, I'd partner Blaziken up with something that could hit two Pokemon at once reliably, that way the turn Blaziken Protects and gets the Speed Boost, its partner would be hitting the other two, weakening them enough so that Blaziken can reliably make use of the Speed Boost. After all, what use is setting Blaziken up with one Speed Boost if the first turn it gets to make use of it, it gets KO'd because it wasn't strong enough to OHKO its opponent. Let's not forget that Blaziken isn't that bulky.

there is one thing that might be a bit awkward with that:
    the fact that you really dont need t waving if you have that speed boost. I have personally tried blaziken over and over again. while good on less experienced players, more experienced players can easily counter it by using icy wind or trick room.
    i thought of this:

gastrodon (probably an offensive set would be nice, which if you like i can send you one of)
    and blaziken
    gastrodon would need the moves:
    ice beam and earth power.
    ice beam would cover pokemon like hp flying thundurus, salamence (hp flying which they almost always carry), hp flying zapdos, and other pokemon. while it can't OHKO, it couldn't probably after one rock slide and an ice beam. i can run some calcs if you like. also, gastrodon takes care of common earthquake users: excadrill, garchomp, choice scarf t tar (some use earthquake), and metagross with the two moves above.
    it also absorbs the water moves that would make blaziken faint, and get a sp attack boost! making gastrodon and even more potent pokemon on the team. its lack of speed is made up with recover, sitrus berry, and protecting when need. also, blaziken will take care of most speedy threats with a fire gem close combat. but be warned, gastrodon DOES NOT get many notable KO's with its offensive set, but does get 2HKO's. when a garchomp or salamence is out, make sure you protect and then ice beam, the yache berry is common and it might ruin you there.

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    blaziken will take care of most speedy threats with a fire gem close combat.
    i asume you mean flare blitz

but ill try gastrodon

Why not try Nidoking? Has access to the same moves, but is faster, hits harder, and can also use Thunderbolt if you worry about Water types. You do trade the bulk though. Maybe Nidoqueen, as with Sheer Force Life Orb, it's still formidable more offensive than Gastrodon.

The only problem is Water leads. But honestly, if you're facing a Water heavy team, you shouldn't even be using Blaziken.

Page 43 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast