Page 44 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1656

Thread: Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

Hi! My name is Rickyticq (or Eric) and I'm relatively new to competitive double battling. I tried to set up a team for the 2012 autumn friendly and ended up failing miserably ): but have been improving since then. I know and can counter most of the common strategies and have a decent team set up right now, but I would like to get even better with the help of other competitive double battlers! Also, I like double battles because I feel that there's ALOT more strategy and team coordination involved, making it difficult for a singular pokemon to sweep (which always bugged the jimmies out of me in Singles). My favorite doubles poke is Azelf because of his amazing and flexible attack spread+speed which allows him to barely inch ahead of most of the common threats and still hit like a truck, and levitate is pretty cool for earthquake nullification. I would also love to make it to a VGC sometime! I can be an IV breeder if necessary, though I'm still pretty focused on school right now so I don't have a whole ton of spare time
    W2 Friend code: 1163 7592 6393
    W1 Friend code: 0948 9619 7950

Quote Originally Posted by Rickyticq View Post
    Hi! My name is Rickyticq (or Eric) and I'm relatively new to competitive double battling. I tried to set up a team for the 2012 autumn friendly and ended up failing miserably ): but have been improving since then. I know and can counter most of the common strategies and have a decent team set up right now, but I would like to get even better with the help of other competitive double battlers! Also, I like double battles because I feel that there's ALOT more strategy and team coordination involved, making it difficult for a singular pokemon to sweep (which always bugged the jimmies out of me in Singles). My favorite doubles poke is Azelf because of his amazing and flexible attack spread+speed which allows him to barely inch ahead of most of the common threats and still hit like a truck, and levitate is pretty cool for earthquake nullification. I would also love to make it to a VGC sometime! I can be an IV breeder if necessary, though I'm still pretty focused on school right now so I don't have a whole ton of spare time
    Accepted!

Hello there! Welcome to Club Double Trouble (a double battling community), make sure your posts are more than one sentence/more than one-line. Have Fun~!

Oh, and on a side note: It's totally okay if you're focused on school right now, take all the time you need. Try to post here once and a while. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

Quote Originally Posted by trident20 View Post
    hey what do you all think of blaziken thundurus combo

blaziken can protect and get spped boost while thundurus taunts/t-waves

ideas for blaziken moveset? he can learn dual chop lol
    How about:

Blaziken@Persim/Lum Berry
    Speed Boost
    Adamant
    4 Hp, 252 Att., 252 Spd
    -Flare Blitz
    -Sky Uppercut
    -Rock Slide
    -Protect

Hit Blaziken with a prankster Swagger to amp up that power after a speed boost. A +2 Rock Slide easily KO's Latios if you hit it with a HP Ice or Dark Pulse from Thundurus during the turn Blaziken Protects. Can also lead to some painful Para-Flinching down the road with the Thunderwave support.
    Last edited by Silvershark; 10th February 2013 at 9:45 PM.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

Hi, I am Raiin and I would like to become a better double battler. My favorite VGC pokemon right now would be Kingdra, It is very fast in rain and has great coverage. My favorite pokemon all-around is Charizard or Typhosion, Charizard for it's looks, Typhlosion for looks and because it is a pretty decent pokemon that can hold it's own. Double battles have intrigued me since RSE when they were first used. I play them sometimes but I would really like to play doubles more to get better and start going to VGCs. As of right now I could not effectively do a job, I am trying to get my own team ready but if I could get one later that would be great!

3DS FC: 4313-0937-1327
    Friend Safari: Ghost; Lampent, Gourgheist, and IDk yet
    Nintendo Network: Raiin3

Accepted! Welcome Raiin!

Credit to me

awesome new peeps
    gonna use this as a reminder to add them to list later :P
    anyway i won't be able to make my team in time for the tourney the way i want it to be... so if i go against someone who can use PO or PS i will beg and plead for it xD for in game i will have to get pokemon off poke check that are already EV trained... ._.
    in the future we should make sure we restrict these special tourneys to PS and PO only, so people dont have to train them last second.
    but for normal VGC rule tourneys (which i would love in the near future), in game should be the only way. still pumped to battle y'all

Hey guys! Whats up?
    So... i got some things to say if you all dont mind.
    This is directed to our leaders Drizzle and joe since they take care of everything in the club, but i would like if someone else would share their opinions and ideas if they dont mind and if they have one of course xD

What i want to talk about is the inactivity of the club this past days/weeks. I'm sure joe and drizzle are busy with either school or something else just like the rest of us so... because of that i would like to talk specificaly about tournament holders such as me and many others... When i applied to be a tournament holder, i thought that i would HOLD tournaments (as did the rest of the guys i think), because if we are tournament HOLDERS just to give ideas than everyone could do so right?
    So... since both leaders are busy why not make us real holders? one at a time, or the one who is free at a specific time could hold a tournament so the leaders and mods could focus on the rest what needs to be taken care of.
    With this we wouldnt need to postpone tournaments like you've been doing with the one we didnt even start yet :/

Other thing i would like to say... this time using joe's last post... I think we should only play on wi-fi, its unfair that people work har to breed and train their pokemons and in the end they gotta play on a simulator.
    I mean... if its really necessary, like if someone doesnt have access to wifi at that time or something like that, sure we could go to a simulator and play, i wouldnt mind at all (i now theres people that cant allways play via wi-fi here so... yeah x)) but if someone asks to play on PS or PO because they didnt have time to make a team or they had other tournaments or any other reason like that then i think is a bit... selfish... because if you dont have the time why enter even? some could consider it lack of respect or something.
    I understand that people want to participate in alot of tournaments so they get more experienced and have fun, i really do understand that, but it becomes unfair to the people that really works hard :/

Again I say this... I dont want to sound rude or something like that, i just want to help to improve our club like many others do so, please... please dont take this personally... i was just giving examples and not talking about specific people, even mentioning joe's last post it was only to make a point and not to question what he said x)

So... yeah... i may be completely "wrong" about what i just said but either way i would like to know people's opinions about this matter because joe... drizzle... you are not alone in the club, you can count on every one else to helo you out x)
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble

Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

I completely agree with you. too be honest joej m has been craving power xD but I think you should be in charge of the tournament we planned to have. You can be in charge of when it is going to happen and the brackets and stuff like that.

Credit to me

I like the idea of that. That way there would always be some kind of traffic going through here, not just a quick pop in, see if something's up, and then leave cos nothing's really going on.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Of course Drizzle xD
    The holders would only hold a tournament after everyone voted for a theme x)

Quote Originally Posted by KuzKan View Post
    Other thing i would like to say... this time using joe's last post... I think we should only play on wi-fi, its unfair that people work hard to breed and train their pokemons and in the end they gotta play on a simulator.
    I mean... if its really necessary, like if someone doesnt have access to wifi at that time or something like that, sure we could go to a simulator and play, i wouldnt mind at all (i now theres people that cant allways play via wi-fi here so... yeah x)) but if someone asks to play on PS or PO because they didnt have time to make a team or they had other tournaments or any other reason like that then i think is a bit... selfish... because if you dont have the time why enter even? some could consider it lack of respect or something.
    I understand that people want to participate in alot of tournaments so they get more experienced and have fun, i really do understand that, but it becomes unfair to the people that really works hard :/
    I kind of have to agree with this. I mean I can understand maybe wanting to use PS rather than take the time to train pokemon you'll probably only use once, but for not having a team ready in time... It really doesn't take that long to train up the mons once the teams planned out. An hour, maybe two and most pokemon are EV'd and battle ready. Granted, sometimes breeding and having to obtain a pokemon through a trade can be a pain in the neck, but there should be enough time given beforehand (particularly with this current tournament) to get it taken care of, or, failing that, substitute with another pokemon you already have trained.

That's my two cents on the subject. Now about some of the inactivity, there was a topic I thought of a few days ago. We all know doubles opens up possibilities for all kinds of strategies, some of them a little twisted. From Minimize Chanseys to Sturdy Shedinjas, what strategies have the rest of you come across or seen in battle videos that are frustrating, unfair, or just plain evil?

Here's a couple battle videos I found that got me thinking about this:

19-79576-60429: A Delcatty, a Gengar, and a whole lot of Skill Swapping.

56-38289-23501: The infamous Prankster cat duo that's been slowly rising in popularity.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

Quote Originally Posted by drizzleboy12 View Post
    I completely agree with you. too be honest joej m has been craving power xD but I think you should be in charge of the tournament we planned to have. You can be in charge of when it is going to happen and the brackets and stuff like that.
    yay time to download bracket software xD
    anyway i think i have my team planned out to an extent. from looking at various pokemon on poke check i can only not get one or two, which can be substituted easily from the team. not enough 0 IV speed pokemon on there to have a trick room in a team :/ there are some... but not the ones i am looking for D:

But it is my fault for not planning out on how to get my team over the month time i had xD
    well its crunch time i guess xD

Anyway it should be a fun little tourney that will be enjoyable for all of us (i hope)
    the first round battles start this saturday-next friday!
    ill post the bracket in a bit so you know who your opponent is :3
    Last edited by joej m; 13th February 2013 at 1:20 PM.

@Silvershark until now i didnt see any unfair strategy that my oponents used tbh but i think one of the strategies that can be really frustrating is skill swap + some ability that can cripple a pokemon really hard like slow start for example

@joe i wish i coud've changed my mind and enter the tournament but with so much stuff to do i've been so busy meh but i hope you all have fun and dont forget to post some videos in the end of the tourney xb i would like to check the matches

ok everyone please PM me their friend codes for their pokemon white, black, white two, or black two game!!!

and everyone try and save one of your battles every round! if you dont want to that is fine, but i would like a large variety of battle videos for everyone to watch~!

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    ok everyone please PM me their friend codes for their pokemon white, black, white two, or black two game!!!

and everyone try and save one of your battles every round! if you dont want to that is fine, but i would like a large variety of battle videos for everyone to watch~!
    Would you also need any showdown/pokemon online usernames. One suggestion for braket stuff is Challonge. I see far too many people use it on pokemon showown on smogon's server.

Oh joej m I already have a bracket program xD I can take care of it if you want :P

Credit to me

Oh joej m I already have a bracket program xD I can take care of it if you want :P
    well you said that i was "craving more power" or something like that :P
    which i wasn't... so you can do the brackets then. should we make a thread for the tourney? or just put the brackets etc in the second post?
    drizzle dont make a bracket that puts me against you first rofl xD JK whatever it comes up with is fine... maybe xD

EDIT: also PM me your PS/PO usernames(s) please! if you dont have one then it is fine. you will only battle over WIFI. almost got my team together in 2 days whoop whoop xD
    Last edited by joej m; 14th February 2013 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    well you said that i was "craving more power" or something like that :P
    which i wasn't... so you can do the brackets then. should we make a thread for the tourney? or just put the brackets etc in the second post?
    drizzle dont make a bracket that puts me against you first rofl xD JK whatever it comes up with is fine... maybe xD

EDIT: also PM me your PS/PO usernames(s) please! if you dont have one then it is fine. you will only battle over WIFI. almost got my team together in 2 days whoop whoop xD
    Actually, I suggest we do it this way:

Everyone is to PM joej m your Wi-Fi Friend Codes.
    Everyone is to PM Gothic-Gothorita your PO usernames.
    Everyone is to PM drizzleboy12 your PS usernames.

Regarding the various servers with PS, if you use a different username on various servers please tell me them for each server.

I say this to keep things organized and don't get lost in the listings.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothic-Gothorita View Post
    Actually, I suggest we do it this way:

Everyone is to PM joej m your Wi-Fi Friend Codes.
    Everyone is to PM Gothic-Gothorita your PO usernames.
    Everyone is to PM drizzleboy12 your PS usernames.

Regarding the various servers with PS, if you use a different username on various servers please tell me them for each server.

I say this to keep things organized and don't get lost in the listings.

You are complicating this waaaay to much xD
    why wont everyone in the tournament just PM one of you with FC/PO/PS (if they have them all) and you just edit the second post? you can have all of it organized in there...
    theres no need to send each name to a different person.

and joe if i may... my opinion is that you could just go and update the second post with the braquets and everything else, it would look cleaner i think x)
    but creating a new thread wouldnt be that bad tho, you could have seperate posts for videos and maybe team analisys later ^^
    Last edited by KuzKan; 13th February 2013 at 11:51 PM.

Agreed! why PM 3 different people xD just PM the person who is making the brackets. (me)

Credit to me

Agreed! why PM 3 different people xD just PM the person who is making the brackets. (me)
    Actually, I would've only said 2, but since drizzle is a mod. ._." XD /sarcasm but I put 3. Plus, who the heck would even have different PS usernames? XD

And... are we starting a tournament or something soon? It's like I'm only here for modding and starting topics. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Gothic-Gothorita View Post
    Actually, I would've only said 2, but since drizzle is a mod. ._." XD /sarcasm but I put 3. Plus, who the heck would even have different PS usernames? XD

And... are we starting a tournament or something soon? It's like I'm only here for modding and starting topics. xD
    yes we are having a tourney -_- it has been planned for 6 weeks now.
    everyone just PM drizzle boy all the stuff you need.
    if drizzle actually updates the second post then it will work xD
    and kuzkan's post (3rd post... i think) can be with team analysis' and battle videos.

thanks duckie -_______-

Umm... I can start a topic too:P

Topic: what is your Fave electric type for VGC and why?

Mine is Zapdos because it is both bulky/fast/and powerful. I use a specs set with volt switch, Heat wave, HP (ice), and Thunderbolt.

Credit to me

probably either:
    lanturn (water absorb set. i just discovered it and love it ), zapdos, thundurus (both forms), and rotom-heat/mow
    there are quite a lot of great electric types to use
    i won't go in specific for all of them but here are a few:
    lanturn + surf spam = a ton of health restorations
    zapdos for same reason as drizzle
    thundurus-t volt absorb abuse. great for rain teams.
    thundrus-I for t wave abuse and its speed is great
    rotom-h because fire gem overheat kills everything practically xD
    rotom-mow because leaf storm kills everything practically xD

@joe yeah thir post is good x) i just sugested the same post or thread of the tournament because it wouldnt be confused with teams non related with the tournament because for that i think we can post normally x)

My favourite electric pokemon uh? hmmm
    I think pikachu since he is so underrated + has lightningrod that boosts his SPA + fake out support and since almost no one expects pikachu to o well he can surprise alot of people x)

Page 44 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast