Page 45 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1656

Thread: Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    lanturn + surf spam = a ton of health restorations
    Try teaming it up with Lightningrod Seaking. Fun to be had.

For favorite electric type, right now I'd have to say Manectric. Lightningrod is just so useful. Completely neuters Thundurus, and an alarming number of people don't seem to know how the ability works. Power wise, Manectric can be a little lacking, but that can be remedied easily if you manage to grab a Lightningrod boost and it has awesome coverage. Most of the time it just sits there deterring electric attacks anyways.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

Quote Originally Posted by KuzKan View Post
    @joe yeah thir post is good x) i just sugested the same post or thread of the tournament because it wouldnt be confused with teams non related with the tournament because for that i think we can post normally x)

My favourite electric pokemon uh? hmmm
    I think pikachu since he is so underrated + has lightningrod that boosts his SPA + fake out support and since almost no one expects pikachu to o well he can surprise alot of people x)
    That reminds me, to make this Club more famous, we could post our tournaments in the Pokemon Tournaments section. It would make us seem so much more official and established, aspiring battlers. =D

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

Quote Originally Posted by Silvershark View Post
    Try teaming it up with Lightningrod Seaking. Fun to be had.

For favorite electric type, right now I'd have to say Manectric. Lightningrod is just so useful. Completely neuters Thundurus, and an alarming number of people don't seem to know how the ability works. Power wise, Manectric can be a little lacking, but that can be remedied easily if you manage to grab a Lightningrod boost and it has awesome coverage. Most of the time it just sits there deterring electric attacks anyways.
    i would like to use a manectric... but the coverage isn't to my liking... but it does get t bolt, overheat, and hp of your choice ( i would do ice or grass ) it should be good... but i also dont like the stats... then a sash would be nice... but i still can't use it D:
    can't wait for lightning rod zapdos
    but i like your tactic with the seeking. i could probably try that on PS sometime :3

i would like to use a manectric... but the coverage isn't to my liking... but it does get t bolt, overheat, and hp of your choice ( i would do ice or grass ) it should be good... but i also dont like the stats... then a sash would be nice... but i still can't use it D:
    can't wait for lightning rod zapdos
    but i like your tactic with the seeking. i could probably try that on PS sometime :3
    Here's the set I run:

Manectric @ Life Orb
    Ability: Lightningrod
    Nature: Timid
    EV's: 4 Hp, 96 Def, 172 Sp. Atk., 236 Spd.
    Moves:
    -Protect
    -Flame Burst
    -Thunderbolt
    -Hidden Power Ice

Just enough speed to outspeed Jolly Garchomp. Enough physical bulk to survive weaker earthquakes, only takes a little over 50% from more powerful quakes after an intimidate drop. Shrugs off priority attacks. Rest goes into Sp. Attack to give him some bite. Protect protects, Thunderbolt's STAB, HP Ice for coverage, and Flame Burst for an awesome yet underated move. Not the fastest thing out there, and he hates special attacks, but for the most part he gets the job done.

Seaking is a lot of fun. I usually use it in triples, that way I can have either a Storm Drain or Dry Skin user set up in the corner while my opponent tries to deal with Seaking and Lanturn.
    Last edited by Silvershark; 14th February 2013 at 1:25 AM.

For VGC, it's probably Rotom.

Rotom-W, Rotom-C, Rotom-H, and Rotom-F in particular are all really good Pokemon, especially when played properly. They have great support options, can be pretty bulky, and are pretty formidable in terms of attacking as well. Levitate is also really nice, although I wish they had a Dream World ability that I could use more often (as I don't use Earthquake on my own teams).

I personally have only run Rotom-F, although there was a really really short stint where I tried out Rotom-C. It's definitely an underrated Pokemon, as that Blizzard is really useful. I was using it in Trick Room, so I had it hold a Macho Brace to give it the Trick Room equivalent of Choice Scarf, and it was really useful. I used him in most of the matches that I took part in, and he really came through for me.

However, we all know that Rotom-W is really good, as it is on quite a few teams, and holds high usage stats in both Doubles and Singles. I do think that the standard way of using him is pretty garbage though; he's great utility, and works best when he's a bit more supportive with the ability to still attack, vs. his current usage where people just make him blast Hydro Pumps and Thunder Wave.

I have seen a lot of Rotom-H and Rotom-C as well, although they're probably the lesser used of the two. I'm pretty sure it's because Overheat and Leaf Storm suck in an environment where switching is a bit more tricky. But they're really good threats to teams, as they make you have to think twice before going with whatever you're going with.

If Luxray had better coverage though, it would be Luxray, cos Luxray is my favorite Pokemon.
    Last edited by jstinftw!; 14th February 2013 at 3:09 AM.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

I have never trained up an electric type for VGCs. Ever. Nothing. Nada. x)

I've considered them a few times. I've wanted to train up a shiny Manectric, for example. Beautiful looking creature for one thing, plus it has a great ability in Lightningrod. Unfortunately, I could never really justify giving it a spot on a team. They just have such sucky coverage and not much to write home about in terms of stats.

The other one I've thought about is Magnezone Great stats, excellent typing, workable, if not exciting, movepool, and okay abilities. However, there just never really seemed a need to use one in VGCs. Maybe if I was more into single battles, I'd have one. It'd probably be a pretty sweet Pokemon to pair with my Ambipom, now that I think of it. But, I don't play singles all that much, so.....

That being said, I guess my favourite electric type for VGCs would have to be Eelektross. Now, I've only trained one up in-game and I've only used him a bit competitively (random matchup, triple battles. If you can call that "competitive", lol!), but they have some incredible potential. Awesome movepool, great stats that can make it suitable for several different roles on a team, and a beautiful ability to top it off. They're one of those great "utility" Pokemon that you can train up in different ways to fit precisely into the team you want. Powerful physical moves, powerful special moves, status moves, boosting moves, phazing moves, switching moves, the lamprey does it all. About the only thing they don't do well is move quickly outside of Trick Room, but for someone like me who thrives on TR, that doesn't matter much.

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

hmm.. Favorite electric type for vgc would probably be Zapdos. I just like the fact it has access to heat wave and can take a hit pretty well. I've used a few different variations when I played on PO and have no complaints. I want to try pikachu out sometime though :P

3DS FC: 4313-0937-1327
    Friend Safari: Ghost; Lampent, Gourgheist, and IDk yet
    Nintendo Network: Raiin3

Quote Originally Posted by zozo View Post
    I have never trained up an electric type for VGCs. Ever. Nothing. Nada. x)

I've considered them a few times. I've wanted to train up a shiny Manectric, for example. Beautiful looking creature for one thing, plus it has a great ability in Lightningrod. Unfortunately, I could never really justify giving it a spot on a team. They just have such sucky coverage and not much to write home about in terms of stats.

The other one I've thought about is Magnezone Great stats, excellent typing, workable, if not exciting, movepool, and okay abilities. However, there just never really seemed a need to use one in VGCs. Maybe if I was more into single battles, I'd have one. It'd probably be a pretty sweet Pokemon to pair with my Ambipom, now that I think of it. But, I don't play singles all that much, so.....

That being said, I guess my favourite electric type for VGCs would have to be Eelektross. Now, I've only trained one up in-game and I've only used him a bit competitively (random matchup, triple battles. If you can call that "competitive", lol!), but they have some incredible potential. Awesome movepool, great stats that can make it suitable for several different roles on a team, and a beautiful ability to top it off. They're one of those great "utility" Pokemon that you can train up in different ways to fit precisely into the team you want. Powerful physical moves, powerful special moves, status moves, boosting moves, phazing moves, switching moves, the lamprey does it all. About the only thing they don't do well is move quickly outside of Trick Room, but for someone like me who thrives on TR, that doesn't matter much.
    I'm pretty fond of Eelektross. I used him in my VGC '11 Trick Room team, and a little bit afterwards as well, and he was really helpful. I wish he'd had Drain Punch back then. He also has Giga Drain now too, so he can definitely run a special set much better now. I do think Physical Eelektross would be better now though, since he has access to Ice Punch, giving him BoltBeam coverage with Ice Punch and Wild Charge (WildPunch? IceCharge? xD). His semi-bulkiness, which is somewhat rare amongst Electric types, is also a huge plus!

Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!

I really should have joined this ages ago....

Hi, I am Shreyas and I am a competitive double battler! I have been playing VGCs since 2010, and I absolutely love it. It's a really fun way to meet new people in real life, and really find a way to be face to face with your opponent, which you can't get with singles. I've really started becoming focused on this metagame after 2011 when I managed to make it to the national championships. So far, I've managed to get top 4 in the 2011 and 2012 regional, but only went to nationals in 2011. But, after that, I can easily say I love this more than single battling. VGCs really gets you to think a little more than singles the way I see it. Especially in a situation where 1 wrong move can cost you a whole battle! Recently, I've come to LOVE Liepard. I mean after Prankster, this guy gets one of the (if not the) best support moves out there. Fake Tears, Encore, Fake Out, Thunder Wave, Charm, Taunt, Torment, and even Swagger! On top of that, a 88 Atk/SpA stat isn't something to laugh at since he can actually hurt Pokemon with STAB Sucker Punch. I really love how the fake out pressure forces some protects, and then Liepard manages to punish that Protect with Encore. Oh, and Fake Tears + Dragon Gem Draco Meteor... I'm pretty sure that can OHKO a handfull of steel types as well! Overall, my favorite pokemon has been Nidoking since gen 1. I just really love him, I just can't explain it. As for the job, I guess I can take on any form of Pokemon providing. But, I've only successfully RNG abused a hand full of gen 5 Pokemon, but gen 4, I can easily get them!
    Last edited by Shreyas; 14th February 2013 at 7:40 AM.

My FC: 2594-9889-0820

Quote Originally Posted by Shreyas View Post
    I really should have joined this ages ago....

Hi, I am Shreyas and I am a competitive double battler! I have been playing VGCs since 2010, and I absolutely love it. It's a really fun way to meet new people in real life, and really find a way to be face to face with your opponent, which you can't get with singles. I've really started becoming focused on this metagame after 2011 when I managed to make it to the national championships. So far, I've managed to get top 4 in the 2011 and 2012 regional, but only went to nationals in 2011. But, after that, I can easily say I love this more than single battling. VGCs really gets you to think a little more than singles the way I see it. Especially in a situation where 1 wrong move can cost you a whole battle! Recently, I've come to LOVE Liepard. I mean after Prankster, this guy gets one of the (if not the) best support moves out there. Fake Tears, Encore, Fake Out, Thunder Wave, Charm, Taunt, Torment, and even Swagger! On top of that, a 88 Atk/SpA stat isn't something to laugh at since he can actually hurt Pokemon with STAB Sucker Punch. I really love how the fake out pressure forces some protects, and then Liepard manages to punish that Protect with Encore. Oh, and Fake Tears + Dragon Gem Draco Meteor... I'm pretty sure that can OHKO a handfull of steel types as well! Overall, my favorite pokemon has been Nidoking since gen 1. I just really love him, I just can't explain it. As for the job, I guess I can take on any form of Pokemon providing. But, I've only successfully RNG abused a hand full of gen 5 Pokemon, but gen 4, I can easily get them!
    ACCEPTED!!!
    welcome to club double trouble
    just to let you know we are having a region tourney this weekend. sorry signups already ended a long time ago... >.> but you can still watch some good battle videos that we take!
    it will probably go on for about 3-4 weeks i wanna say...

EDIT: for the new people if you wanna learn join the academy on the 3rd post. then you can ask for help from people on team making, strategies and more!

EDIT: @ kuzkan... i think xD
    this is what the tournament holder idea says:

"Apparently people love this job, so what we will do is instead of each of the tournament holders holding tournaments, they will all talk about creative ideas for them, and then we can vote for which one we think is best! the person with the most votes will hold the tournament unless specified otherwise!"
    I got the most votes ( i think i made mono region up). and i chose drizzle to hold it (i specified otherwise)... so... yeah. but for some normal VGC tourneys we could get some others who volunteer to do it
    Last edited by joej m; 14th February 2013 at 1:27 PM.

That reminds me, to make this Club more famous, we could post our tournaments in the Pokemon Tournaments section. It would make us seem so much more official and established, aspiring battlers. =D

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

ACCEPTED!!!
    just to let you know we are having a region tourney this weekend. sorry signups already ended a long time ago... >.> but you can still watch some good battle videos that we take!

EDIT: for the new people if you wanna learn join the academy on the 3rd post. then you can ask for help from people on team making, strategies and more!

EDIT: @ kuzkan... i think xD
    this is what the tournament holder idea says:

"Apparently people love this job, so what we will do is instead of each of the tournament holders holding tournaments, they will all talk about creative ideas for them, and then we can vote for which one we think is best! the person with the most votes will hold the tournament unless specified otherwise!"
    I got the most votes ( i think i made mono region up). and i chose drizzle to hold it (i specified otherwise)... so... yeah. but for some normal VGC tourneys we could get some others who volunteer to do it

I'm glad you have change that x) theres no point in you and drizzle have all the work since you have more people to help ^^ that way everthing goes smoothly

Actually i sugested mono region D: but its ok its ok xD
    my ideas were mono region, mono colour, roullete and greed xD
    I'm gonna stick with roullete and greed for a while and take them to a vote poll with the rest of the ideas xD i think i have a couple more ideas but idk if i can make them work on pokemon ahah
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble

Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

I'm glad you have change that x) theres no point in you and drizzle have all the work since you have more people to help ^^ that way everthing goes smoothly

Actually i sugested mono region D: but its ok its ok xD
    my ideas were mono region, mono colour, roullete and greed xD
    I'm gonna stick with roullete and greed for a while and take them to a vote poll with the rest of the ideas xD i think i have a couple more ideas but idk if i can make them work on pokemon ahah
    but i dont want to have special tourneys that you have to make a specific team for it for a while. it gets tedious. maybe once every season we could or something. greed would be great
    btw i didn't change that... it was the original thing it said after about 6 people joined and all wanted to be tourney holders xD
    i think i also thought of mono region a little while back... i can't keep track of these things xD
    its only the first tourney, so it isn't too big of a deal it isn't going as smoothly i guess xD

EDIT:
    EVERYONE who is in the tourney!
    use this format when giving your info to drizzle please.
    Serebii name:
    In game user name:
    In game friend code:
    PS name(if you have one) :
    PO name (if you have one) :
    it'll make it more smooth for drizzle to post all of these.

I already messaged my FC a couple weeks ago, so I should already be all set, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Silvershark View Post
    I already messaged my FC a couple weeks ago, so I should already be all set, right?
    I kinda lost it xD sorry...

Credit to me

ACCEPTED!!!
    That's ok. Watching the battles won't be too bad.
    Also, do you guys use the Club xat often? .-.

My FC: 2594-9889-0820

Quote Originally Posted by Shreyas View Post
    That's ok. Watching the battles won't be too bad.
    Also, do you guys use the Club xat often? .-.
    that is gonna get some activity during the tourney probably. we can set up battles on there and stuffs. but later we might do a live tourney, where it only spans over 1-2 days. that place will be booking during that time xD

nice drizzle ._.
    drizzle when he sends them you should probably put them all in one big PM to yourself or on a word document or something like that.

but i got my team fully ready with the right EV's i wanted that took a lot of staying up until midnight training and trading though xD
    lol maybe we can open the trade shop too some time soon xD

Hey guys I made the brackets!
    http://challonge.com/VGCmonoregiontournament
    If You're not on the brackets or you don't wanna compete please tell me so i can fix it.
    Last edited by drizzleboy12; 15th February 2013 at 10:31 PM.

Credit to me

why did you made the brackets like that? you are giving waaay to many byes O_O
    and im not in the tourney btw xD

EDIT: you just need to take my name an pair firemaster and zozo together, you can leave the rest as it is, that way only 1 player in the second phase will have a bye
    (sorry for saying this ><)
    I feel i "complain" too much im sorry -_-
    Last edited by KuzKan; 15th February 2013 at 11:09 PM.
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble

Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

why did you made the brackets like that? you are giving waaay to many byes O_O
    and im not in the tourney btw xD

EDIT: you just need to take my name an pair firemaster and zozo together, you can leave the rest as it is, that way only 1 player in the second phase will have a bye
    (sorry for saying this ><)
    I feel i "complain" too much im sorry -_-
    its fine kuzkan
    anyway chingchar isn't in it either drizzle ._.
    i think everyone else is though

EDIT: if you have not given drizzle your FC by tomorrow then make sure you post it early next week in the tourney thread (which will be made tomorrow)
    and drizzle will update the bracket fully sometime soon... i hope xD

EDIT2:i posted the tourney, now it must be approved. if it is not approved by the mourning then just use the rules in the second post (bar a few like time etc). if it is up wait until drizzle posts the bracket. i won't be on for most of the day because i am going skiing for the day, so i won't be able to mod it very much.
    Last edited by joej m; 16th February 2013 at 3:45 AM.

Hi I'm T-Bolt and I'm a competitive double battler. (Although I'm not really sure what the definition of a " competitive double battler" is)

I've got a lot of favorite VGC pokemon though if I had to name one I'd say Breloom. Cos spamming spore with a choice scarf Breloom is so fun xD. Seriously, spore helps disrupt a wide range of strategies and can help you set up yours at the same time.

My favourite pokemon would be Charizard, I've liked it since I was a kid.

I like double battles because it allows you to use with a wide range of strategies, and also allows you to be creative and create new ones. The faced paced nature of the metagame contributes to why I like it too.

As for a job, I guess I could be an EV trainer, though I probably won't be able to do it for a while since my exams are coming soon.
    Last edited by T-Bolt; 16th February 2013 at 6:40 AM.

Hi! Sorry for not being much active. I've been very busy this week.

Drizzle, I'm not entering the tournament, I told joej a while back. Sorry :/

Good luck everyone. I'd like the winners to make a full reviwe of their team and post it here so we could all learn new strategies, what do you think?

3DS Friend Code: 3866-8099-9870 - Nuno

Super Secret Base | Double Battles | QR Code

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W65 L33

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bolt View Post
    Hi I'm T-Bolt and I'm a competitive double battler. (Although I'm not really sure what the definition of a " competitive double battler" is)

I've got a lot of favorite VGC pokemon though if I had to name one I'd say Breloom. Cos spamming spore with a choice scarf Breloom is so fun xD. Seriously, spore helps disrupt a wide range of strategies and can help you set up yours at the same time.

My favourite pokemon would be Charizard, I've liked it since I was a kid.

I like double battles because it allows you to use with a wide range of strategies, and also allows you to be creative and create new ones. The faced paced nature of the metagame contributes to why I like it too.

As for a job, I guess I could be an EV trainer, though I probably won't be able to do it for a while since my exams are coming soon.
    ACCEPTED!

@ fire hero: it is ok. i am now thinking because we are down to six everyone battles everyone, and the 4 people with the highest averages go on to the semis and then the winners go to the finals.
    it does say in the rules to right a full team review in there if you want for the winner and second place winner. so i hope that happens

if most people agree with a round robin first round like i said above, then please do so. i won't be on till this evening.
    if the tourney post isn't up by tonight you can start it in here.

i wrote not to post until drizzle has the bracket. first round has no bracket so as soon as it shows up you can post you are ready to battle. all you have to do is battle everyone once (that is 5 people not including yourself). best 2 out of 3. good luck!!! this round could go 1-2 weeks i guess.
    Last edited by joej m; 16th February 2013 at 12:45 PM.

Hey, joej, I'm really sorry but I'm afraid I'll have to drop out of the tournament. I got too busy and couldn't train up my team properly. :C I'm very sorry for the late notice, but I kept hoping that I'd be able to whip through those final EVs. Unfortunately, it's just gone far too slow and I still have two untrained Pokemon. x_x

So, my sincere apologies, and happy battling to those still in the tourney! (:
    Last edited by zozo; 17th February 2013 at 4:47 AM.

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

Hey guys! So... I just realized that the latest episode of my podcast is centered around a VGC team, so I thought I'd bring it up here. We're talking predominantly about one of our listener's VGC team in the episode, as well as a little bit about the Winter Friendly. And the episode before this one was talking about the International Challenge, so if you want something to listen to while getting some battles in, or if you want to learn a little more about the metagame, those are decent listens. (:

Link's in my signature!

Page 45 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast