Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1656

Thread: Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

Quote Originally Posted by jstinftw! View Post
    Totally agree. Hax is honestly a big part of the game, and getting mad or insulting your opponent for things out of their hands won't really fix or change anything. It's not their fault; it's just the way the ball rolled. I'd actually extend this to cover things like ragequitting. The main point is that we need to be respectful to the other players. Like in any competitive game or sport, we have to uphold the proper way of acting. Ragequitting is like spitting in the face of another player, insulting them for their win. In Wi-fi tournaments, it's also just another way of making the game less fun, since we can't get points out of it. Out of respect, we need to take our losses gracefully. As probability would have it, someone's bad luck is actually another's good luck. You should act the way you would want your opponent to act when you're the one haxing them out.

By the way, had a match with a team I'm testing out. It goes well in hand with the hax topic, hahah http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/repla...013dev10691379
    I personally laughed when it happened, cos like, of course it would. I get parahaxed, crit haxed and then miss hax... I only missed out on a flinch hax! xD
    Lol, has happened with me. Just created a new team (it is actually based of that mesprit set drizzle posted). I got lucky with 2 flinches in a row from a rockslide.
    Its here http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/repla...013dev10631355
    Though i really annoyed someone by wiping out their terrakion, lucario and whimsicott with a scarf landorus t under trick room. It was hilarious.
    http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/repla...013dev10641954

BW2 RNG business is very straight forward (if using original ds). The DPPt/HGSS RNG method sounds kinda painful. I use synchronisers, and the RNG malarky is kinda easy. latios was a breeze, volcarona was very easy, terrakion was the same. i did the same with a dw zangoose, absol and 2 dw amoongus. breeding is a never do, since it is impossible in bw2. i still haven't had much luck in hidden hollow RNGing.
    Last edited by philzone; 27th February 2013 at 6:08 PM.
    All Hail Goomy

While we're showing off battles, I decided to give Showdown a try this morning.
    http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/~~nu...fiedvgc1324064
    Thoughts?
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

AHH it's been forever since i been on here but that's not the case. Here's the app:

Hello all im zombieoverkill12 and i am a competitive double battler. Some of you already known me for a while and others haven't. My favorite vgc pokemon is the almighty golduck. i know it's NU and 99.9% percent of competitive battlers dont use it but i know exactly how to manipulate golduck to my advantage. Plus i love it when opponents forget about it's Cloud Nine and try to use moves like Solarbeam in the sun or thunder it rain etc. and epicly failing and getting ko'd by my second pokemon on the field. my favorite pokemon are the dark/ghost types but if you want the #1 favorite it's darkrai. i like double battles because they are usually fast pace and have a lot of strategies/tactics involved in them. Plus some of my favorite matches are in double battle form. I would like to be an EV trainer/ tournament holder but seeing as there's quite a lot of people doing it already if i dont get neither than it's cool. Just a side note: since i'm a youtuber i must inform that if you were to battle me over smogon wifi battle finder, PS, PO, or just a regular battle over ds you are in danger of having that match recorded!!!!! if that's a prob lemme know in advance

Quote Originally Posted by zombieoverkill12 View Post
    AHH it's been forever since i been on here but that's not the case. Here's the app:

Hello all im zombieoverkill12 and i am a competitive double battler. Some of you already known me for a while and others haven't. My favorite vgc pokemon is the almighty golduck. i know it's NU and 99.9% percent of competitive battlers dont use it but i know exactly how to manipulate golduck to my advantage. Plus i love it when opponents forget about it's Cloud Nine and try to use moves like Solarbeam in the sun or thunder it rain etc. and epicly failing and getting ko'd by my second pokemon on the field. my favorite pokemon are the dark/ghost types but if you want the #1 favorite it's darkrai. i like double battles because they are usually fast pace and have a lot of strategies/tactics involved in them. Plus some of my favorite matches are in double battle form. I would like to be an EV trainer/ tournament holder but seeing as there's quite a lot of people doing it already if i dont get neither than it's cool. Just a side note: since i'm a youtuber i must inform that if you were to battle me over smogon wifi battle finder, PS, PO, or just a regular battle over ds you are in danger of having that match recorded!!!!! if that's a prob lemme know in advance
    Accepted!

Hello! Welcome Club Double Trou--- Ah, I'll just get on with it.

Have Fun~! And please make sure your posts are at least more than one sentence. Thank You~!

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

Quote Originally Posted by Silvershark View Post
    While we're showing off battles, I decided to give Showdown a try this morning.
    http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/~~nu...fiedvgc1324064
    Thoughts?
    The link doesn't show the battle. The nugget bridge server has a problem with saving videos from battles. I mainly use the smogon one, just for videos
    All Hail Goomy

Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post
    The link doesn't show the battle. The nugget bridge server has a problem with saving videos from battles. I mainly use the smogon one, just for videos
    Yeah, it wouldn't save it as a replay. I'd hoped linking the battle would be enough, but apparently not. It was a 59 turn battle where my Slowking (Slowqueen) outlasted my opponent's Harvest Exeggcutor in the sun and Blissey. I did save the battle log though.

Spoiler:- Unnstoppable force vs. immovable object:
    Last edited by Silvershark; 28th February 2013 at 5:29 PM.

woah... that new team you made has 3 pokemon that drizzle uses on his new team... O.o
    mesprit, landorus-t, and conkedurr...
    @silvershark are you able to have a quick battle or two? PS i would prefer NB server but i could do smogon server.
    i dont think i have battled you yet! O.O

So many things to read, this is awesome

lately i've been just playing pokemon white really... i wanted to make some teams but i ont have ideas so im just speedrunning my game to collect a few items and then i'll focus on getting a few flayless shiny dittos (if all goes well im planning on giving away some in the club), since I had to RNG my TID/SID i hope it will work just fine so... yeah xD
    After that i wanna catch a few dream workd pokies in they DW balls because they look cooler.
    And because all of that i int even battled nor trained pokemons for a while ><
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble

Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    woah... that new team you made has 3 pokemon that drizzle uses on his new team... O.o
    @silvershark are you able to have a quick battle or two? PS i would prefer NB server but i could do smogon server.
    Sure, I'm a little out of practice though as I'm finding out, lol.

Edit: GG, we were both a little reckless there, lol.
    Last edited by Silvershark; 28th February 2013 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    Yeah. It is based on the team. Mesprit suits my playstyle more than cress, since i prefer hyper offence. And it is drizzle's set ( i believe i said that before). Hmm. It was landorus or chomp, but landorus gave me intimidate, which was benificial. Then there was no need for hitmontop, and i love guts conkeldurr. I actually have a hydreigon with a similar set ingame. Swampert is strong and has won battles. Esp. Against chandlure and reuniclus. Rotom-m was the grass and electric user that i lacked. It performed well under and out of tr.
    All Hail Goomy

Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post
    Lol, has happened with me. Just created a new team (it is actually based of that mesprit set drizzle posted). I got lucky with 2 flinches in a row from a rockslide.
    Its here http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/repla...013dev10631355
    Though i really annoyed someone by wiping out their terrakion, lucario and whimsicott with a scarf landorus t under trick room. It was hilarious.
    http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/repla...013dev10641954

BW2 RNG business is very straight forward (if using original ds). The DPPt/HGSS RNG method sounds kinda painful. I use synchronisers, and the RNG malarky is kinda easy. latios was a breeze, volcarona was very easy, terrakion was the same. i did the same with a dw zangoose, absol and 2 dw amoongus. breeding is a never do, since it is impossible in bw2. i still haven't had much luck in hidden hollow RNGing.
    wow you are using 4 of the pokes on my team. I am not mad I am actually happy that people are "inspired" by my team.

EDIT: Number 1 in VGC 2013 on Skarm bliss server on PO ^_^
    Last edited by drizzleboy12; 28th February 2013 at 8:00 PM.

Credit to me

Quote Originally Posted by drizzleboy12 View Post
    Number 1 in VGC 2013 on Skarm bliss server on PO ^_^
    Good job.

I think I'll enter the mono-region tournament so I can see which region introduced better pokemon
    These two songs describe me well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58QOBqAWNzE (Top Gun- Danger zone)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osuhlptx0J8 (Rascal Flatts- Life is a Highway)

Quote Originally Posted by drizzleboy12 View Post
    EDIT: Number 1 in VGC 2013 on Skarm bliss server on PO ^_^
    Good Job!

Oh, and I built a new team, and I'd really like to test it out, and get some advice on it, so anyone interested in battling me on PS?

My FC: 2594-9889-0820

Ok im a bit rusty but which would be easier to pull of: rain-room or hail-room?

Also what's this talk about a tournament?

Ok im a bit rusty but which would be easier to pull of: rain-room or hail-room?

Also what's this talk about a tournament?
    each have their own pros and cons. e.g. rain makes scizor and escavalier quite durable under TR, and some other good stuff, but 100% acc blizzard is strong, since it has enough powr to make garchomp wish he wasn't here.
    about the tourney, read 2nd post on first page for details.
    All Hail Goomy

Does anybody have a Latias I could at least borrow? I wanted to give an idea I had another shot.

I have a Latias you could borrow.
    If you have a Latios I can borrow its a deal
    These two songs describe me well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58QOBqAWNzE (Top Gun- Danger zone)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osuhlptx0J8 (Rascal Flatts- Life is a Highway)

I decided to go with hail-room. I got a pretty good idea of what might make a good combo after getting pwn'd by joej xD

Also is the monochrome tournament still available because it says feb2-10 yet it's still up.. >.>

I decided to go with hail-room. I got a pretty good idea of what might make a good combo after getting pwn'd by joej xD

Also is the monochrome tournament still available because it says feb2-10 yet it's still up.. >.>
    yeah... drizzle hasn't really edited that. as well as i havent edited the list of people in the club xD
    too many people weren't in it so we are extending the date for the tourney.

anyway zombie rain room is A TON easier to pull off. but hail room is really great if you can use it. if you can i would be up for a battle or two with you again also

New Wi-Fi Tournament coming up!

I've actually gone in a completely new direction with this new team I've come up with. Most of the tournaments, I ran Trick Room (since the Autumn Friendly 2011 actually) and the last tournament (Winter Battles, not Friendly), I ran a really odd Randomstuffs team meant to counter specific Pokemon. But I've learned my lesson about countering random threats and throwing them on a team together, so this time, I created another Randomstuffs team, except I focused on my own team's weaknesses and strengths. I'm gonna do an RMT on it soon, soon as I iron everything out on my team. I'm just really excited about it!

Fun fact: I cannot create a team without Togekiss on it, no matter how hard I try. xD I've also finally worked Gastrodon onto my team!

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Ah well i might enter it. I do have exams coming up xP so what's the actual dates then?

Yea but i never tried hail-room or even HAIL TEAMS for that matter. I'll be up for a battle tommorow.
    Last edited by The Master Chief; 1st March 2013 at 11:53 PM.

Ah well i might enter it. I do have exams coming up xP so what's the actual dates then?

Yea but i never tried hail-room or even HAIL TEAMS for that matter. I'll be up for a battle tommorow.
    March 15-21 are registrations and the battles star March 22 and end March 25. (:

HailRoom is actually really easy to pull off. Abomasnow is a great tech on Trick Room, automatically bringing in Hal with Snow Warning, as long as your team has proper support for it. Abomasnow is slow, and its STABs are great in a metagame where Dragons and Rain (and to an extent Sand) run rampant.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Is there any themes or special rules? Or it's just a reg. tournament? Either way im joining >

Sooo i think these are the pokes im picking for my hail-room

Obamasnow the Abomasnow (feel free to lol)
    Gastrodon
    Slowking
    Rotom-freeze
    *Heatran
    *Sableye

*= still considering

Is there any themes or special rules? Or it's just a reg. tournament? Either way im joining >

Sooo i think these are the pokes im picking for my hail-room

Obamasnow the Abomasnow (feel free to lol)
    Gastrodon
    Slowking
    Rotom-freeze
    *Heatran
    *Sableye

*= still considering
    It looks like a region lock tourney, so I'm guessing you are going gen 4 all the way? XP

My FC: 2594-9889-0820

Quote Originally Posted by Shreyas View Post
    It looks like a region lock tourney, so I'm guessing you are going gen 4 all the way? XP
    I think he means for the international challenge wifi tournament coming up.

Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast