Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1656

Thread: Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    seems like the club tourney is dead...
    no one new joined it...
    i think we should stick to normal VGC rule tourneys, unless it is on PS/PO.

anyway i am getting pretty pumped for the upcoming GBU tourney
    While I do think it for the best to not do anymore specialty tournaments with the actual game cartridges, I don't think that that should mean the tournament should be cancelled.

After all, the 5 of you did spend time building and completing your teams, so to just cancel it altogether would be a bit unfair to all of you. This is the tournament that was apparently decided on, so it should be completed. Plus zombieoverkill12 and Trident120 seem to have offered to join the tournament. One player can just have a bye this first round and continue on Round 2. That or you could do Swiss, and then have a top 4 and then top 2 round.

Also, as Silvershark said, I think the biggest thing is organization and execution. Club-wide tournaments should always have big, obnoxious registration forms and be made a big deal. If you can get some art, have some art. Make a big, noisy post with the tournament details and whatever important information. Simply stating, "Hey yeah, tournament can happen, sign up yeah?" isn't going to generate much interest. Also, the OPs have not been updated, so it really limited how much people wanted to participate in the tournament. I mean, I don't even know if anyone was still participating, since there isn't like a "Who's Registered for this Tournament" on the post where we talk about the current tournament.

I think the biggest take away from this whole event is that these tournaments need to be run a little more smoothly. Possible suggestions could be to have people offer to play in the tournament before making it the official one. Just voting which tournament would be the best doesn't particularly mean they will participate. Having people volunteer to play in the X tournament would ensure that people would be playing in it. Also, maybe have a participation quota beforehand would be helpful as well, so that if not enough people sign up to play in that particular tournament, then you could nix it for some other time and move on to another tournament that may have more interest.

I personally think the tournament holders need to have a little more power in terms of the tournament. You and drizzleboy seem to be the main people in terms of hosting tournaments, but you guys do get busy on your own, and running the club should be more than enough work for you to be taking care of. Having topics for the club to talk about, making sure everyone is doing what they need, editing the OP with new information/updates, etc. Administrative duties. Tournament holders should be the ones worrying about the tournaments, right? That way you guys would only need to worry about your own teams as well as the actual club. Of course you two would have a bigger say in what's going on than most of us, but in terms of running the tournaments, I feel the actual tournament holders should be doing that instead.

Also, actual contact with the participants of any given tournament is crucial. This is why I think there should be a list of registered participants for each tournament. That way, any updates and such could be streamlined to the participants, as well as reminders to make sure all the players know what's happening, when it's happening, and any other changes. It also keeps interest in the tournament, as it would seem like an actual pressing thing as opposed to something that might happen.

In terms of scheduling, I feel the club's tournament dates are really getting the crappy hands. Tournament after tournament, bigger WiFi Tournament keep getting announced, stopping people from joining in these club tournaments. Maybe having the group participating set a tournament date vs. having a tournament date set upon us and we'd have to just scramble to it. For example, I live in Japan and I will be moving to the Philippines in 2 months. I do not follow American timezones, I have 2 jobs, and eventually, I will start college. My timetable is a bit more limited than, say, a High Schooler in the US, but at the same time, is also a bit more flexible, in that the time that I have to do something might not be as early or late as the High Schooler in the US. That in mind, I'm sure many of us other players do not have the exact same timetable, so having all the participants involved in setting the date would help determine whether the tournament is feasible or not. If the tournament is taking place at 10 pm Central Time Monday-Friday, for example, I'm automatically not in that tournament, since I am working at the time. I noticed some players backed out because of the tournament date, so that would be something to look into.

I don't know about opening tournaments up to the whole community either. I mean, in that case, why should I have to be a part of the club to participate? Plus, if we can't even generate interest in our own club, how much more to the whole community? I feel like we need to fix things up and tidy up how we run tournaments as a club first. Despite the difficulties we're facing, I feel this was a good learning experience, so long as we learn something from it.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Quote Originally Posted by zombieoverkill12 View Post
    FINALLY cant wait til the tourney finally starts im bringing something new to the table
    I may enter this tourney..despite I have not practiced doubles at all for like 2 months.
    If i can make a team fast that is.
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big. (Mod: As was having the water club)

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[
    Need someone to train your pokemon or breed for one ? I will do it.

i didn't realize that zombie was entering it actually!
    ok, imma try and get this going now.
    i think we should aim for next weekend start, and take a break when the international tourney is on, then resume. i will send out VM's to all of the people in the tourney when i get back from school.

@dragonite: i would love to help you with a team

@justin: thank you for all of that advise. i think opening it to the public might actually be a better idea, because it could promote club . and also tourney holders should do it too. i am also currently having a tough time at school, so i am studying more than usual, which means i have less time to even do my leader duties. so i have almost no time to do the tourney duties.
    we can leave it up to some of the tourney holders for the next one.
    because i have to go to school soon, i kinda skimmed that. i will read it again once i get back. thanks for your help.

Sorry I haven't posted in so long! The Internet broke down for a couple of weeks and stuf was happening and yeah been really busy! What is this club tourney you speak of? Because I'll enter it if you want it could be fun! Is it on PS or on WIFI? But yeah I'll enter!

@Shreyas rotom and liepard are bred but since i diddnt have more time i couldnt finish heracross :/
    i'm orry but do you mind i trade them to you tomorrow? going to be a bit busy in a bit ><
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble

Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

Hey guys! Friendly reminder:

This is happening! Register for the tournament here, to show some representation on Serebii!

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Quote Originally Posted by Chingchar View Post
    Sorry I haven't posted in so long! The Internet broke down for a couple of weeks and stuf was happening and yeah been really busy! What is this club tourney you speak of? Because I'll enter it if you want it could be fun! Is it on PS or on WIFI? But yeah I'll enter!
    it is mono region tourney.
    rules are in the second post. it is in game, and been pushed back a lot since it should have started D:

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    it is mono region tourney.
    rules are in the second post. it is in game, and been pushed back a lot since it should have started D:
    I have two teams ready for it.

And besides I really need a real challenge
    These two songs describe me well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58QOBqAWNzE (Top Gun- Danger zone)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osuhlptx0J8 (Rascal Flatts- Life is a Highway)

Quote Originally Posted by KuzKan View Post
    @Shreyas rotom and liepard are bred but since i diddnt have more time i couldnt finish heracross :/
    i'm orry but do you mind i trade them to you tomorrow? going to be a bit busy in a bit ><
    Yup. That's fine
    Thanks for taking your time for this!

My FC: 2594-9889-0820

Quote Originally Posted by Greatemboar View Post
    I have two teams ready for it.

And besides I really need a real challenge
    wow... i didn't realize you were entering either
    you can switch between teams if you like also
    anyway now it seems like we have quite a few people ready to go!
    lets get this thing going soon

@Shreyas all done ^^
    When you can lemme know and ill trade them to you.
    btw they arent shiny :/ since i didnt have that mich of a time i had to go for normal sprites :/
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble

Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

im going to enter the mono-region tourney with the originals. KANTO ftw baby =P i dont even plan on winning i just want to have fun with the pokes who kicked off this great franchise ^^ so no IV breeding, no ev training, no competitiveness. im just having some fun =P plus im focusing my competitiveness for the actual 2013IC-M anyways

^credit to 00swms

Teh bes guild evur
    ASB TL 1, 9 TP,

im going to enter the mono-region tourney with the originals. KANTO ftw baby =P i dont even plan on winning i just want to have fun with the pokes who kicked off this great franchise ^^ so no IV breeding, no ev training, no competitiveness. im just having some fun =P plus im focusing my competitiveness for the actual 2013IC-M anyways
    I have never bothered EV training my pokemon I like battling with them the way they are.

Well if we all represent Serebii we will battle each other so good luck out there guys

I have never bothered EV training my pokemon I like battling with them the way they are.

Well if we all represent Serebii we will battle each other so good luck out there guys
    i can relate to what you're saying =P it would be nice to have a casual tourney every once in a while but there's always somebody who sneaks an EV'd poke somewhere :P but yea. i wonder what region is going to be used most in this mono tourney. probs sinnoh and unova :/

^credit to 00swms

Teh bes guild evur
    ASB TL 1, 9 TP,

i can relate to what you're saying =P it would be nice to have a casual tourney every once in a while but there's always somebody who sneaks an EV'd poke somewhere :P but yea. i wonder what region is going to be used most in this mono tourney. probs sinnoh and unova :/
    I have always liked Kanto but Unova took pokemon from Kanto changed the sprite and type and gave us Zebstrika for Rapidash Conkledurr for Machamp and Sawk and Throh for the Hitmons so we come down to the clash between gen 1 and 5

I have always liked Kanto but Unova took pokemon from Kanto changed the sprite and type and gave us Zebstrika for Rapidash Conkledurr for Machamp and Sawk and Throh for the Hitmons so we come down to the clash between gen 1 and 5
    I thought i was the only one who thought that xD oh god i hope gen 6 aren't remakes....... again -_-

^credit to 00swms

Teh bes guild evur
    ASB TL 1, 9 TP,

Gen 6 will be a gen 2 for gen 5

We will have Hitmontop and Tyrogue wannabes

Quote Originally Posted by KuzKan View Post
    @Shreyas all done ^^
    When you can lemme know and ill trade them to you.
    btw they arent shiny :/ since i didnt have that mich of a time i had to go for normal sprites :/
    Yay!
    It's ok about the shiny thing. I prefer them to be normal, so it all works out

My FC: 2594-9889-0820

Gen 6 will be a gen 2 for gen 5

We will have Hitmontop and Tyrogue wannabes
    I hope not...

I dont care if they look lame i just hope pokemon doesn't resort to cheap remakes =/

^credit to 00swms

Teh bes guild evur
    ASB TL 1, 9 TP,

Hey guys!
    Sorry I haven't really been active, I'm kind of going through a stale period with my games. Other than SRing for a nice Meloetta and beating up Colress (which was interesting to do with a mono-bug team. But I did it on the first try!) and Ghetsis, I haven't done much of anything with my Pokemon in the past month.

But anyway, I have a topic/question for you guys.
    What do you think is the most fun Pokemon and/or strategy to use? You know, the sort of thing that makes you smile regardless of whether you win or lose. For me, I like using strategies/Pokemon that no one else thinks of using, partly because I find it amusing to think about my opponents reactions. Like using Helping Hand Dusknoir to power up Torkoal under Trick Room. Seeing my coal-powered tortoise take out a Salamence, for instance, was just as hilarious as it was beautiful. Similarly, a strategy I've enjoyed using is hijacking other people's weather. I guess you'd file that under 'goodstuffs'. I'd set up Pokemon on my team to work well together but also to be able to switch in and turn the opponents weather against them. Sand in particular was hilarious, they'd set it up and I'd switch in Seismitoad. Not only does she take no weather damage, but she was a mixed attacker, able to inflict SE damage with STAB Scald and Earthquake while healing herself with Drain Punch. Plus, she had Poison Touch, so the frog was able to punch some nasty holes in the opponent, letting my other 'mons clean up what was left with little trouble. I've really got to make another one of those... maybe go a little heavier with the attack EVs and just letting her nature get her Sp.Atk up. I do like using mixed attackers, but they're hard to train properly.

Anyway, anyone else have some "just for the fun of it" 'mons or strategies? Or am I the only one?

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by zozo View Post
    Hey guys!
    Sorry I haven't really been active, I'm kind of going through a stale period with my games. Other than SRing for a nice Meloetta and beating up Colress (which was interesting to do with a mono-bug team. But I did it on the first try!) and Ghetsis, I haven't done much of anything with my Pokemon in the past month.

What do you think is the most fun Pokemon and/or strategy to use? You know, the sort of thing that makes you smile regardless of whether you win or lose. For me, I like using strategies/Pokemon that no one else thinks of using, partly because I find it amusing to think about my opponents reactions. Like using Helping Hand Dusknoir to power up Torkoal under Trick Room. Seeing my coal-powered tortoise take out a Salamence, for instance, was just as hilarious as it was beautiful. Similarly, a strategy I've enjoyed using is hijacking other people's weather. I guess you'd file that under 'goodstuffs'. I'd set up Pokemon on my team to work well together but also to be able to switch in and turn the opponents weather against them. Sand in particular was hilarious, they'd set it up and I'd switch in Seismitoad. Not only does she take no weather damage, but she was a mixed attacker, able to inflict SE damage with STAB Scald and Earthquake while healing herself with Drain Punch. Plus, she had Poison Touch, so the frog was able to punch some nasty holes in the opponent, letting my other 'mons clean up what was left with little trouble. I've really got to make another one of those... maybe go a little heavier with the attack EVs and just letting her nature get her Sp.Atk up. I do like using mixed attackers, but they're hard to train properly.

Anyway, anyone else have some "just for the fun of it" 'mons or strategies? Or am I the only one?
    I like using cacturne in sand it has sand veil and lax incense though it was funny when I tested it on PS and the amount of abuse people gave me because they couldn't hot it was hilarious so if used correctly my cacturne just sweeps does without having to get any stat boosts while Tyranitar just stays there and does stuff it's pretty cool

Quote Originally Posted by Chingchar View Post
    I like using cacturne in sand it has sand veil and lax incense though it was funny when I tested it on PS and the amount of abuse people gave me because they couldn't hot it was hilarious so if used correctly my cacturne just sweeps does without having to get any stat boosts while Tyranitar just stays there and does stuff it's pretty cool
    Ouch, that would be frustrating to try and hit! But at least there are workarounds for it, something like Aerial Ace or Aura Sphere would get through it pretty quickly. Luckily for Cacturne, not too many people carry those, it seems. I've thought about using a Water Absorb type of Cacturne. Actually, having an entire doubles team that's able to absorb Water or Electric attacks would be pretty interesting, now that I think of it... you know, throw Gastrodon, Vaporeon, Cacturne, Marowak, Jynx, and Manectric together (or something) just for the sake of laughing at Rain teams. Then just add Rain Dance to one or two of them so you can deal with other forms of weather.

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

Hey guys!

Cloud nine, sashed golduck teamed with crobat, marowak, and hitmintop against any weather team i love trolling on a good weather team nowadays

^credit to 00swms

Teh bes guild evur
    ASB TL 1, 9 TP,

Depends on the team I use.

I usually annoy everyone with sand veil/snow cloak or Belly drum-Rest-Chesto Berry

Quite a few actually. I won't be to specific, I don't want to blurt any details pertaining to my mono-region teams, but I do like my teams to have a sprinkle of absurdity blended in. What's frustrating is the occasions I beat my opponent before my plans come to full fruition. I love the matches where I get the opportunity to use every trick in my arsenal and even come up with a few new ones on the fly.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast