Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1656

Thread: Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

  1. #1326
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    That's a good question.
    Posts
    6,661

    Default

    To be frank, Anger Point isn't that great of an ability at all in doubles. Let's take a look at who has them:

    Camerupt: The camel will never step into the realm of VGCs hardly. It's piss poor in taking hits from Surf/Earthquake and is really slow. Even with TR support your still bad defensively.

    Primape: Too frail to take a hit and there are better options to use like Hitmontop as a fighting type.

    Krookodile: Again like Camerupt but weak to Storm Throw which is hardly seen because of the distribution and Ice moves are quite common in VGCs.

    Taurus: though it is fast, it's not going to take hits quite well from Garchomp, Hitmontop, etc.

    Overall it's a suicidal ability despite the high risk, high reward factor.

  2. #1327
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Location
    Posts
    417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    To be frank, Anger Point isn't that great of an ability at all in doubles. Let's take a look at who has them:

    Camerupt: The camel will never step into the realm of VGCs hardly. It's piss poor in taking hits from Surf/Earthquake and is slow. Even with TR support your still bad defensively.

    Primape: Too frail to take a hit and there are better options to use like Hitmontop as a fighting type.

    Krookodile: Again like Camerupt but weak to Storm Throw which is hardly seen because of the distribution and Ice moves are quite common in VGCs.

    Taurus: though it is fast, it's not going to take hits quite well from Garchomp, Hitmontop, etc.

    Overall it's a suicidal ability despite the high risk, high reward factor.
    Which is why i had said "how would that work" xD its just too much risk t20. I would like to see you pull it off... If you ever can that is lol


    Cred to Astral Shadow for banner
    ASB TL 1, 9 TP

  3. #1328
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Saffron City
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Oh yeah, while we are (kind of) on the topic of youtube, I'm planning on getting a youtube account going. I'll be focusing on VGC battles (with commentary?) and what not. So, any advice, thoughts, and ideas would be really appreciated.


    My FC: 2594-9889-0820



  4. #1329
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Cebu, Philippines
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shreyas View Post
    Oh yeah, while we are (kind of) on the topic of youtube, I'm planning on getting a youtube account going. I'll be focusing on VGC battles (with commentary?) and what not. So, any advice, thoughts, and ideas would be really appreciated.
    I think this would be a really cool idea.

    My first thing would be to have a good mic and camera. Quality is very important, and while it doesn't need to be state of the art, having something nice would be preferable. Also, if you're not streaming it live, you may want to consider just rebuilding the matches online versus recording it straight from your DS. I'm not quite sure how it's done, but many people on youtube do it that way, as well as Nugget Bridge. Asking around there would be a good start. (:

    Also, I think getting some of the more consistent players here on Serebii to co-commentate with you would be a pretty cool idea too. Not just any run of the mill trainer though; it needs to be someone who has a decent amount of experience in this metagame. I for one am willing, while people like joej m, Shreyas, Crystal Ninetales, Zachmac, drizzleboy, and Silvershark come to mind. Just throwing it out there. After watching so many streams from Nugget Bridge, I've come to realize that having back and forth between commentators can really help liven up a show.
    Last edited by jstinftw!; 19th March 2013 at 10:25 AM.

    Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14


    Guess who claimed Luxray?!

  5. #1330
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Location
    Posts
    417

    Default

    Yuppers dude =P quality and co-commentary or single commentary is important! I also do vgc videos HOWEVER: my family isnt in the best state financially(not an actual state but state as in phase) so i cant get a great camera nor computer but i know how to make my vids clear and keep the camera completely still.


    Cred to Astral Shadow for banner
    ASB TL 1, 9 TP

  6. #1331
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Cebu, Philippines
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zombieoverkill12 View Post
    Yuppers dude =P quality and co-commentary or single commentary is important! I also do vgc videos HOWEVER: my family isnt in the best state financially(not an actual state but state as in phase) so i cant get a great camera nor computer but i know how to make my vids clear and keep the camera completely still.
    I do not suggest recording it straight from video. That would definitely require a good camera, plus the keeping it still part can be a pain. I definitely suggest finding a way to recreate battles on the computer. As I said, ask around on Nugget Bridge; I think someone knows how to do it.

    Also, something I just remembered, if you're doing livestreaming, I do not suggest the player be a commentator. Thats a lot of work, and is really distracting. You will either neglect your commentating or your playing.

    Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14


    Guess who claimed Luxray?!

  7. #1332
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    217

    Default

    They way that most "poketubers" do it is by batling with an R4, that way after they save the match in the vs. recorder they can transfer it to the computer and just commentate over it.
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble


    Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

  8. #1333
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Cebu, Philippines
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KuzKan View Post
    They way that most "poketubers" do it is by batling with an R4, that way after they save the match in the vs. recorder they can transfer it to the computer and just commentate over it.
    Oh I know that, but I think there's an easier way to do that, so that you don't need to get an R4.

    Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14


    Guess who claimed Luxray?!

  9. #1334
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jstinftw! View Post
    Oh I know that, but I think there's an easier way to do that, so that you don't need to get an R4.
    the only way i can think of is paste the ID number of the match to pokecheck and record it from there.
    i cant think of another way to record them,
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble


    Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

  10. #1335
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Location
    Posts
    417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jstinftw! View Post
    I do not suggest recording it straight from video. That would definitely require a good camera, plus the keeping it still part can be a pain. I definitely suggest finding a way to recreate battles on the computer. As I said, ask around on Nugget Bridge; I think someone knows how to do it.

    Also, something I just remembered, if you're doing livestreaming, I do not suggest the player be a commentator. Thats a lot of work, and is really distracting. You will either neglect your commentating or your playing.
    Umm i just said im not in the best state financially so i just make the best of what i got. Did i not state that? >_> god i hate the invention of money at times..


    Cred to Astral Shadow for banner
    ASB TL 1, 9 TP

  11. #1336
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Saffron City
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Yeah, I was looking around to see how to have those high quality videos, and then realized there aren't any tutorials for how to make them without using an r4, which kind of sucks

    I may stick to some live battles for a while until I can get my hands on an r4, or find out how to recreate the battles, which I haven't really heard of until now... o.o


    My FC: 2594-9889-0820



  12. #1337
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Perusing the North Pacific.
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trident20 View Post
    i was thinking of using a anger point/frost breath combo
    I've actually ran that in Triples before. I went with Tauros, since it's high speed allows it to get the jump on speedier mons. I does lack the power to break through some threats though, so you have to put some of the power it has towards it's bulk. The hard part is getting a partner that can hit it with Frost Breath before it attacks. The two fastest users are Crygonal and Frosslass. Crygonal can avoid Earthquake with Levitate, but requires slowing down Tauros so that base speed 105's and higher outspeed it. Froslass naturally speed ties with Tauros, so only one point needs to be taken from it's speed, but Frosslass will be taking collateral from Earthquake. You also have to worry about priority moves like Mach Punch and Bullet Punch. This is why I went with this in Triples, that way I had another pokemon running Quick/Wide Guard support on the field.

    A Krookodile/Articuno combo would be fun to run. Articuno could run Tailwind support to get Krookodile to sweeping speed, hit it with Frost Breath, and follow up with Reflect. Would be easy to setup on rain teams since Articuno has enough special defense to survive just about anything they could throw at it, not to mention it'd be hilarious to sweep them with Krookodile. Make sure to to have a Wide Lens on Articuno though, otherwise the 90 accuracy on Frost Breath will screw ya.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

  13. #1338
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    592

    Default

    Um... yeah, while we're on the subject of Youtube videos, I was fooling around and decided to publish one of my own.

    It's here if anyone is interested:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDOdcEBAOzM

    Sorry that the quality isn't quite perfect, but I think it's about as good as I can get it. But I hope it's as fun to watch as it was to make! Just a standard double battle, rain on one side, Trick Room on the other. I opted to go for comments rather than a voice-over, since my voice sounds like crap on a recording and practicing how to talk for a recording is a real pain.

    At any rate, it's one of those battles where I was really happy I decided to go with a Gastrodon. Though I definitely had some luck on my side in this one.
    Last edited by zozo; 20th March 2013 at 5:30 PM.

    My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

    I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

  14. #1339
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kicking some grass
    Posts
    336

    Default

    I don't think we have a topic at the moment so I think I'll suggest one.

    What VGC pokemon has shocked you the most?

    This means like can be very destructive when you thought it was rubbish.

    Mine if ferrothorn. Here is a calculation that may shock you.
    0Atk lvl 50 Ferrothorn (Neutral) Power Whip vs 252HP/252Def Storm Drain lvl 50 Gastrodon (+Def): 106% - 128% (232 - 280 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.
    No att investment and it KOs non-rindo gastro. At max def!!! it 2hkos latios without investment.

  15. #1340
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Location
    Posts
    417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zozo View Post
    Um... yeah, while we're on the subject of Youtube videos, I was fooling around and decided to publish one of my own.

    It's here if anyone is interested:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDOdcEBAOzM

    Sorry that the quality isn't quite perfect, but I think it's about as good as I can get it. But I hope it's as fun to watch as it was to make! Just a standard double battle, rain on one side, Trick Room on the other. I opted to go for comments rather than a voice-over, since my voice sounds like crap on a recording and practicing how to talk for a recording is a real pain.

    At any rate, it's one of those battles where I was really happy I decided to go with a Gastrodon. Though I definitely had some luck on my side in this one.
    I also felt uncomfortable with the sound of my voice on technology but making videos w/ commentary was so fun i got over it xD i love doing it and once i get better tech i will really love it xD


    Cred to Astral Shadow for banner
    ASB TL 1, 9 TP

  16. #1341
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post
    I don't think we have a topic at the moment so I think I'll suggest one.

    What VGC pokemon has shocked you the most?

    This means like can be very destructive when you thought it was rubbish.

    Mine if ferrothorn. Here is a calculation that may shock you.
    0Atk lvl 50 Ferrothorn (Neutral) Power Whip vs 252HP/252Def Storm Drain lvl 50 Gastrodon (+Def): 106% - 128% (232 - 280 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.
    No att investment and it KOs non-rindo gastro. At max def!!! it 2hkos latios without investment.
    Never thought he would be that good tbh o-o
    Myself cant remember of a pokemon that surprised me like that hmmm. Maybe jynx... nice ability, fake out suport, nice speed...


    So guys... are you ready for the tournament?
    I still gonna breed my team xD gotta do it tomorrow and stop being so lazy
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble


    Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

  17. #1342
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Saffron City
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zozo View Post
    Um... yeah, while we're on the subject of Youtube videos, I was fooling around and decided to publish one of my own.

    It's here if anyone is interested:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDOdcEBAOzM

    Sorry that the quality isn't quite perfect, but I think it's about as good as I can get it. But I hope it's as fun to watch as it was to make! Just a standard double battle, rain on one side, Trick Room on the other. I opted to go for comments rather than a voice-over, since my voice sounds like crap on a recording and practicing how to talk for a recording is a real pain.

    At any rate, it's one of those battles where I was really happy I decided to go with a Gastrodon. Though I definitely had some luck on my side in this one.
    Trust me, we all hate our voice on camera lol

    Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post
    I don't think we have a topic at the moment so I think I'll suggest one.

    What VGC pokemon has shocked you the most?

    This means like can be very destructive when you thought it was rubbish.

    Mine if ferrothorn. Here is a calculation that may shock you.
    0Atk lvl 50 Ferrothorn (Neutral) Power Whip vs 252HP/252Def Storm Drain lvl 50 Gastrodon (+Def): 106% - 128% (232 - 280 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.
    No att investment and it KOs non-rindo gastro. At max def!!! it 2hkos latios without investment.
    Yup. Ferrothorn is definitely one of my more favorite Pokemon to throw into battle. I find it's a great check for Metagross and rain. It functions extremely well against a good chunk of the metagame thanks to his typing. I actually run a Brave set with 156 Attack investment. I think that should OHKO Gastrodons through rindo berries, or it should OHKO most Rotom-Ws. IT works really well, and I just love using him.

    And, a Pokemon that has surprised me is Liepard. I've been using her for a while now, and it can stay in battle MUCH longer than I expected it to. I thought it'd usually be the guy to die after getting off Fake Out, but apparently it lives much longer just because of the Encore, and scaring opponents to be forced into Fake Out, Protect, Substitute, or even a non STAB attack, which can make our lives much easier :3

    Quote Originally Posted by KuzKan View Post
    Never thought he would be that good tbh o-o
    Myself cant remember of a pokemon that surprised me like that hmmm. Maybe jynx... nice ability, fake out suport, nice speed...


    So guys... are you ready for the tournament?
    I still gonna breed my team xD gotta do it tomorrow and stop being so lazy
    lol to be honest, I'm pretty excited for the tournament. Kind of nervous as well since we only have so many more chances to get the worlds invite (god I want to make it so bad D=). I hope I can actually pull of a 1900ish rating this time....

    And, if you need a Pokemon, and I actually have it in my shop, I really wouldn't mind just giving it to you ;o
    Last edited by Shreyas; 21st March 2013 at 3:54 AM.


    My FC: 2594-9889-0820



  18. #1343
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Perusing the North Pacific.
    Posts
    360

    Default

    More PS battle videos:

    http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/repla...013dev12414859
    http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/repla...013dev12418322
    http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/repla...013dev12429763
    http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/repla...013dev12476288
    http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/repla...013dev12476537

    Decided to test out that Krookodile/Articuno combo. Works pretty good, but still need to work out some kinks with the rest of the team.

    Quote Originally Posted by zozo View Post
    Um... yeah, while we're on the subject of Youtube videos, I was fooling around and decided to publish one of my own.

    It's here if anyone is interested:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDOdcEBAOzM

    Sorry that the quality isn't quite perfect, but I think it's about as good as I can get it. But I hope it's as fun to watch as it was to make! Just a standard double battle, rain on one side, Trick Room on the other. I opted to go for comments rather than a voice-over, since my voice sounds like crap on a recording and practicing how to talk for a recording is a real pain.

    At any rate, it's one of those battles where I was really happy I decided to go with a Gastrodon. Though I definitely had some luck on my side in this one.
    Niiice. I'm always astounded by the number of people who don't know how redirecting abilities work. His Zapdos had HP Grass, so it seems likely he's ran into Gastrodons before, but apparently that was a first for him.
    Last edited by Silvershark; 21st March 2013 at 7:37 AM.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

  19. #1344
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Saffron City
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silvershark View Post
    More PS battle videos:

    http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/repla...013dev12414859
    http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/repla...013dev12418322
    http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/repla...013dev12429763
    http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/repla...013dev12476288
    http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/repla...013dev12476537

    Decided to test out that Krookodile/Articuno combo. Works pretty good, but still need to work out some kinks with the rest of the team.



    Niiice. I'm always astounded by the number of people who don't know how redirecting abilities work. His Zapdos had HP Grass, so it seems likely he's ran into Gastrodons before, but apparently that was a first for him.
    Those battles are inspiring me to try out the whole Articuno + Krooky thing.


    My FC: 2594-9889-0820



  20. #1345
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Second Earth
    Posts
    405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shreyas View Post
    Those battles are inspiring me to try out the whole Articuno + Krooky thing.
    Same here....hey silver shark, could you put the sets for only the articuno and krokodile up so people could test them?
    if not its fine, most can figure it out probably.


  21. #1346
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    217

    Default

    @Silvershark dude... you are a genius

    @Shreyas thank you but i think i can breed them and train them until midnight xD just gotta turn some good music on and it will work out
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble


    Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

  22. #1347
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Perusing the North Pacific.
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalNinetales View Post
    Same here....hey silver shark, could you put the sets for only the articuno and krokodile up so people could test them?
    if not its fine, most can figure it out probably.
    Sure.

    Krookodile (M) @ Muscle Band
    Trait: Anger Point
    EVs: 252 Atk / 180 Spd / 78 HP
    Adamant Nature
    - Crunch
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Protect

    Articuno @ Wacan Berry
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 244 Spd / 252 HP / 14 SDef
    Careful Nature
    IVs: 13 SAtk
    - Frost Breath
    - Tailwind
    - Reflect
    - Protect

    Went for 135 on Krookodile's speed stat since I also had Icy Wind support, figured that should let me hit anything scarfed after one speed drop. 136 for Articuno so it can attack first and I tried to lower it's Sp. Atk. so that Krookodile takes Frost Breath better, but leaving enough so Articuno can still hit back against the opponent. I know I talked about Articuno needing a Wide Lens for Frost Breath earlier, but Thudurus-T's Thunders hurt alot. Articuno can't take stab Rock Slides, that 4x weakness is too much to get around, so you don't want to bring it out much against sand teams. Which is alright, as Krookodile does well on it's own against them. Originally had Life Orb on Krookodile, but all too often it would kill him off before he could finish sweeping. Shell Bell helps get a lot of health back after the Anger Point boost, but Muscle Band gives just enough extra oomf to nab the KO on a few pokemon, like Ferrothorn and bulky Ludicolo's. I find Hitmontop and Chandelure make very good partners, the other two mon's I was using not so much.
    Last edited by Silvershark; 21st March 2013 at 3:48 PM.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

  23. #1348
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    592

    Default

    Thanks for the comments guys! (: Looks like I got a little more recording and uploading to do...

    What VGC pokemon has shocked you the most?

    Hmm... Amoonguss. It's a flipping mushroom, yet it tanks hits like nobody's business. I'm always stunned at how difficult it is to get rid of the fungus.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silvershark
    Niiice. I'm always astounded by the number of people who don't know how redirecting abilities work. His Zapdos had HP Grass, so it seems likely he's ran into Gastrodons before, but apparently that was a first for him.
    I know, as soon as he used Protect I thought that my strategy was pretty much ruined. I never expected him to try getting BOTH Pokemon to use water attacks after seeing Gastrodon.
    Nice videos by the way! It's hilarious how short they are.
    Last edited by zozo; 21st March 2013 at 4:07 PM.

    My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

    I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

  24. #1349
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Charizard is the most shocking VGC pokemon for me. I will give you the x4 weakness to rock but I'm afraid of sending out grass types when a Charizard emerges when I face a sun team thanks to its DW ability Solar power so I'm often afraid of flamethrowers that have already had a sun boost and STAB but Solar power in the mix and we could also give it a fire gem just for an added attack boost sure I would love to send out my grass types to get destroyed.
    These two songs describe me well

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58QOBqAWNzE (Top Gun- Danger zone)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osuhlptx0J8 (Rascal Flatts- Life is a Highway)

  25. #1350
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    217

    Default

    I forgot to remove my team from the previous tournament from the battle box and now its locked -_-
    nicely done


    EDIT: nvm im dumb .-.
    Last edited by KuzKan; 21st March 2013 at 9:47 PM.
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble


    Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •