Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1656

Thread: Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

Well, I have had a week of team building, without access to showdown, or RNGing stuff. First team was a sandstorm goodstuff (see my last post for what pokemon where in it), Trying to come up with a decent murkrow team (getting some ideas from silver shark), but the most work was put into a wierd team, that on paper has a lot of potential. It has politoed, gothitelle,pikachu,alomomola,kingdra and conkeldurr.
    Well, i need some help getting my team for the next wifi tourney. if you can help, that will be good, but i have very poor trade material. only flawless stuff i have are a technitop and an amoonguss, with a frillish and litwick.
    I need the following: (any stage will do, don't care if shiney, or cloned)
    tyranitar brave 31/31/31/x/31/0
    cresselia modest 31/x/31/31/31/31
    salamence modest (best IVs for HP flying), needs egg move hydro pump
    excadrill adamant 31/31/31/x/31/31
    swampert adamant 31/31/31/x/31/31

Quote Originally Posted by drizzleboy12 View Post
    I am going to MA soon for regionals! wish me luck!
    Good Luck! (a bit late sorry)

But, I'm sure you did pretty well ;D

My FC: 2594-9889-0820

i bet drizzle won regionals xD
    another one of my friends not from here got 1st at Utah
    anyway i might be going to nationals!!! this is huge, because:
    1. my parents dont like me going to events, but the timing is perfect and if i do well this quarter for school i will probs go
    2. last year as seniors, can't miss out of that

not trying to be cocky, but i am pretty sure that i will be able to get top 8 unless some major hax gets in the way, because usually the top 16 have more than half people from nugget bridge, and i know all the good seniors on there, and have battled them all. drizzle boy is the main threat to me, who is on here xD
    i havent battled his senior brother yet though, and i know he is good too, but i am battling him in a seniors only tourney over PS soon in the semi finals of it.
    that and i can get 1905 points in masters tourneys, where people are a little better in general :P

anyway i have been super inactive, because of standardized testing

all who went to regionals hope you did well and had fun!

EDIT: pokemaster(insert numbers) from this forum got 1st at a regionals with my team i used at international challenge masters division!!!!!!!!!!!!! he is also known as sabaku on NB. so happy for him, the team, and for me (about going to nationals possibly and then my team building)
    Last edited by joej m; 15th April 2013 at 2:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post
    Well, I have had a week of team building, without access to showdown, or RNGing stuff. First team was a sandstorm goodstuff (see my last post for what pokemon where in it), Trying to come up with a decent murkrow team (getting some ideas from silver shark), but the most work was put into a wierd team, that on paper has a lot of potential. It has politoed, gothitelle,pikachu,alomomola,kingdra and conkeldurr.
    Well, i need some help getting my team for the next wifi tourney. if you can help, that will be good, but i have very poor trade material. only flawless stuff i have are a technitop and an amoonguss, with a frillish and litwick.
    I need the following: (any stage will do, don't care if shiney, or cloned)
    tyranitar brave 31/31/31/x/31/0
    cresselia modest 31/x/31/31/31/31
    salamence modest (best IVs for HP flying), needs egg move hydro pump
    excadrill adamant 31/31/31/x/31/31
    swampert adamant 31/31/31/x/31/31
    I have a Bagon with HP Flying, Hydro Pump, and even Dragon Pulse; but I think it's Timid instead of Modest. Yours if you want it.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

Good Job pokemaster! Drizzle, which regional did you get first place in? ;o

My FC: 2594-9889-0820

Quote Originally Posted by Shreyas View Post
    Good Job pokemaster! Drizzle, which regional did you get first place in? ;o
    he went to MA, and got 2nd place in seniors!
    that is the toughest regionals, based on the players going in general.

Sorry I haven't been posting. I've mostly just been skimming through my subscribed threads and then leaving. Again, sorry.
    Just thought I'd post my results from Regionals in Utah today. Went 4-3 and took 32nd. Not too bad, I suppose, but I know I could have done better, seeing as I took 8th last year. It's what I get for using the same team two years in a row. Lost only to Trick Room and opposing good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    another one of my friends not from here got 1st at Utah
    In which division? Rob, the head judge, modified his DS to have a USB port, so he broadcast top cuts on a TV. I think he was also broadcasting the battles live on Nugget Bridge. I was only able to watch the last few battles of Master top cuts, but I also saw a little of junior top cuts. They were all great battles.

Spoiler:- Credits:

Black Ice Xat
    Black Ice Youtube Channel

My Youtube Channel
    Battle videos and card pack openings

Soul Bound Studios Channel
    Destinies Divided (Star Wars fan fic) and Duster Brothers (original)

Quote Originally Posted by LordVader2719 View Post
    Sorry I haven't been posting. I've mostly just been skimming through my subscribed threads and then leaving. Again, sorry.
    Just thought I'd post my results from Regionals in Utah today. Went 4-3 and took 32nd. Not too bad, I suppose, but I know I could have done better, seeing as I took 8th last year. It's what I get for using the same team two years in a row. Lost only to Trick Room and opposing good stuff.

In which division? Rob, the head judge, modified his DS to have a USB port, so he broadcast top cuts on a TV. I think he was also broadcasting the battles live on Nugget Bridge. I was only able to watch the last few battles of Master top cuts, but I also saw a little of junior top cuts. They were all great battles.
    He goes by the name technoz, and battled another friend of mine in the finals. They were in seniors. I heard the last match was intense.

Wow, lots of news here!

Congrats to pokemaster for winning, drizzle for being runner-up, LordVader for a great win-loss ratio, and joej m for getting 2nd likely being able to go to nationals!

Sure wish I could go to regionals and such... but the people that were hosting the lower-level events in my area (a.k.a, everything that wasn't worlds) decided to stop doing them because (apparently) the events weren't profitable enough.

And I'm afraid I've been pretty inactive here too. Just kind of mooching around without much to say. x) I really haven't any news of my own to add, except a friend of mine challenged me to a mono battle so I've been building a team for that.
    Last edited by zozo; 15th April 2013 at 7:19 PM.

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

Thnx guys!!! I had lots of fun but the 10 hour drive to the tournament was kinda ridiculous xD but anyway I am so glad I replaced scizor for escavilier. Anyway hope I do this well at nats.

Credit to me

Does anyone use pokecheck to get their pokemon for vgc? I get mixed responses, so I don't know. Does any one know?

Anyway, am hoping to enter the next wifi tourney, so i need to get a move on.

Does anyone use pokecheck to get their pokemon for vgc? I get mixed responses, so I don't know. Does any one know?

Personally, I don't. However, there are quite a sizeable number of people out there who happily use pokecheck all the time (including for VGCs) because they are getting "legit hacks" (by which I mean hacked pokemon that can be obtained legitimately in the game; there's nothing illegal about these pokemon to the point where they will be banned from a game, but they are still hacked). It lets them get pokemon with the IVs and EVs they need without going through the process of grinding. It's essentially bringing the conveniences of online battle sims to your cartridge. Of course, I don't believe we're allowed to discuss hacks and such in any great depth, so I'll kind of leave it at that. If you really want to get into or find out about that sort of thing, you'll probably need to do your research elsewhere to get some proper answers.

Yeah, I'm kind of in the same boat. I've signed up, so if worst comes to worst I'll just slap together some random 'mons and play a round or two to get the berries and call it good. I am working on a team, but I'm really moving slowly with it so I doubt it'll be ready for the tourney.

My Youtube battle videos

Quote Originally Posted by zozo View Post
    Personally, I don't. However, there are quite a sizeable number of people out there who happily use pokecheck all the time (including for VGCs) because they are getting "legit hacks" (by which I mean hacked pokemon that can be obtained legitimately in the game; there's nothing illegal about these pokemon to the point where they will be banned from a game, but they are still hacked). It lets them get pokemon with the IVs and EVs they need without going through the process of grinding. It's essentially bringing the conveniences of online battle sims to your cartridge. Of course, I don't believe we're allowed to discuss hacks and such in any great depth, so I'll kind of leave it at that. If you really want to get into or find out about that sort of thing, you'll probably need to do your research elsewhere to get some proper answers.

Yeah, I'm kind of in the same boat. I've signed up, so if worst comes to worst I'll just slap together some random 'mons and play a round or two to get the berries and call it good. I am working on a team, but I'm really moving slowly with it so I doubt it'll be ready for the tourney.
    I'll probably stay safe and use some random mons. I have a volcarona and latios, aswell as a breloom. I just need to train up jellicent, then use a garchomp and landorus t i have lurking. You know what, I have a load of flawless pokemom, i should be able to pull off a decent team. Just need to scour the trade shops for a rotom, for speed support, and look for other pokemon for the team. Actually found a decent chomp,gross and rotom in a trade shop

Apparently people do. If I'm not mistaken, joej m does, and probably drizzleboy12. There are some well-known VGC players too that I know pokecheck their Pokemon, but it's really much more risky than having someone simply RNG the Pokemon for you. You would have to do the .pkmn way instead of the straightforward way though, cos it comes with that ribbon that shouldn't be there if done otherwise.

I personally wouldn't. As frustrating as it is, I feel a closer bond to my Pokemon when they're personally bred. I like working for my Pokemon, and knowing that i put my own personality into the Pokemon being bred vs. having someone just magic me this ready-made team. It's a personal preference I guess.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Well, I have a new VGC RMT, a unusual, but dangerous team
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ox-VGC-13-team

It uses some unusual pokemon that are rarely seen normally

I'm going to RNG some of my Pokémon that I wasn't able to when I got them. Most of them are easy, but I have one that's female and needs an egg move. Does anyone have a male Ferrothorn/Ferroseed with Leech Seed (Stealth Rock would also be nice, but I can use the move tutor for that) I can use? I don't need to keep it; just use it.

Black Ice Xat

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by LordVader2719 View Post
    I'm going to RNG some of my Pokémon that I wasn't able to when I got them. Most of them are easy, but I have one that's female and needs an egg move. Does anyone have a male Ferrothorn/Ferroseed with Leech Seed (Stealth Rock would also be nice, but I can use the move tutor for that) I can use? I don't need to keep it; just use it.
    I can hatch a Ferroseed with Steal Rock and Leech Seed for you pretty quick, if you like.
    It would be to keep, of course. I don't need more than one of those guys hanging around my PC. ^^

My Youtube battle videos

Whatever works for you. I just want my Ferrothorn to be a little bulkier. Send me a message when you have it, and I'll hope to be on at that time.

Black Ice Xat

My Youtube Channel

I've been looking for a place for doubles players. I'll help out as much as I can. Joejm thanks for making the group!!!!
    Old Man
    X fc: 5129-1530-5385 (Skillz)
    Fairy Safari
    Kirlia, swirlix, clefairy

Sheesh, it's been so long since anything's happened here, that I kind of hate breaking the silence. I almost feel like I'm waking someone up from a nap they badly need. xD But at any rate, can anyone here help me out? I'm putting together a mono-poison team, and I really need a Rain Dish Tentacruel. If someone here can help me get at least a female Rain Dish tentacool, I'd really appreciate it! I can take it from there. ^^

My Youtube battle videos

Hi, my name is Yveltal96 and I am a competitive Double Battler. My favorite VGC Pokemon is Scizor as it is a threat anyone has to be prepared for, otherwise you will be swept by him, and i like to run a bulky swords dance set with him. My favorite Pokemon in general in Scizor because his design is just amazing. I like double battles because it leaves room for many strategies such as Guard Split Shuckle+Eviolite Chansey and Skill Swap Blissey+Regigigas. I also like using Beat Up Whimsicott on my Justified Virizion, as it maximizes her attack in one turn.

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Since the mono-region tournament is effectively dead, unless I can get some confirmation to the contrary, I'm going to start writing my RMT for the teams I came up with for it.

I am sorry everyone, but i am not able to run club double trouble any longer.
    I am studying a lot more for school, because if a get a really good grade point average i will get to go to nationals, so most of the time i am studying and my free time is training for nationals on PS!/GBU...
    If someone would like to reopen club double trouble (2.0), you can use the artwork and even the first post, just repost it and get rid of all the people, so we have to rejoin. If someone would like to take the responsibility to do so i would join after school ends as a normal member. I am just not able to be on serebii very frequently.

~joej m signing off for a while

Why would we need to re-open? There's no reason we can't keep using this thread. You intend on coming back later anyways, so why not just have Drizzleboy and the three mods take a more active role in running the club and appoint someone temporary stewardship of your club responsibilities until you can return to them (I'll volunteer if no one else wants the job)? That way we don't have to go through all the hassle of telling everyone to re-join.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvershark View Post
    Why would we need to re-open? There's no reason we can't keep using this thread. You intend on coming back later anyways, so why not just have Drizzleboy and the three mods take a more active role in running the club and appoint someone temporary stewardship of your club responsibilities until you can return to them (I'll volunteer if no one else wants the job)? That way we don't have to go through all the hassle of telling everyone to re-join.
    Silvershark speaks sense.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast