Page 58 of 67 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1656

Thread: Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

  1. #1426
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    stalker much??? :P
    Posts
    324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silvershark View Post
    Why would we need to re-open? There's no reason we can't keep using this thread. You intend on coming back later anyways, so why not just have Drizzleboy and the three mods take a more active role in running the club and appoint someone temporary stewardship of your club responsibilities until you can return to them (I'll volunteer if no one else wants the job)? That way we don't have to go through all the hassle of telling everyone to re-join.
    that could work i guess. they could also try to compile a list of newer members while i am gone also, so i can add it to the beginning.
    i was suggesting reopening so the new owner could update the first post when possible. i will ask some people if they want to compile the list of members while i am gone.

  2. #1427
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kicking some grass
    Posts
    336

    Default

    I'll help keep Club Double Trouble alive. I may have exams and stuff, but I am still regular at reading through past posts. Plus, I would help run the tourneys if needs be.
    All Hail Goomy

  3. #1428
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The Zodiark Citadel
    Posts
    527

    Default

    We wouldn't even need to re-open. You could just send Sweet May a PM and ask her to switch ownership of the Club to philzone. I honestly think that would be better than re-opening, and given that philzone has said he can keep Club Double Trouble alive, I believe he can do it, and allow this Club to flourish.

    Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

  4. #1429
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kicking some grass
    Posts
    336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothic-Gothorita View Post
    We wouldn't even need to re-open. You could just send Sweet May a PM and ask her to switch ownership of the Club to philzone. I honestly think that would be better than re-opening, and given that philzone has said he can keep Club Double Trouble alive, I believe he can do it, and allow this Club to flourish.
    I think Silvershark was wanting to run for main leader. =] (though I would be happy to be a joint leader) I would be happy to help along with the running of the club.
    All Hail Goomy

  5. #1430
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Cebu, Philippines
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    Um, if I may, I'd like to suggest letting me be the guy with th OP, mainly for the reason that I like making threads look pretty. Me being the person ablento edit stuff makes it easier for me to make the OP look a lot like how I make the International Challenge pages look.

    Not trying to one up anyone or anything. I dont even want to be leader or anything; I just want to make the front page more organized and easy to look at. If I have to be like co-leader to do that I'm open to it. Again, I just want the club to be more organized. Plus, Being the founder and head of my own podcast, plus being frequently active in Double Battling, VGC, and its metagame, as well as the patience to pay attention to detail, I feel that I could be of great help to the club and running things.
    Last edited by jstinftw!; 3rd May 2013 at 7:53 PM.

    Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14


    Guess who claimed Luxray?!

  6. #1431
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Perusing the North Pacific.
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post
    I think Silvershark was wanting to run for main leader. =] (though I would be happy to be a joint leader) I would be happy to help along with the running of the club.
    Lol. While I would likely whip this club into shape, I'm content with just coming on and posting every once and awhile. I would be more than happy to sit back and let you and Justin run the show.

    BTW, my mono region RMT is up.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

  7. #1432
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    stalker much??? :P
    Posts
    324

    Default

    Could everyone please post a PARAGRAPH on why they want to be OP owner (and any other position they could want. i.e. leader). If you dont want to be OP owner then just dont post a paragraph.

    I'll read through them and figure out what can benefit the club the most. I might get Gothie to help, and maybe drizz too.

  8. #1433
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Cebu, Philippines
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    I would like to be the OP Owner because I can make the thread pretty, plus I am pretty consistently on Serebii. I have ideas for the club as well, and being a co-owner helps me do that, but being the OP owner helps me make sure I am easily able to make everything look pretty.

    In short, I just want to make the whole thing look pretty, and organized, to help draw attention to the club as well as help keep things organized for our club members.

    IT MUST. BE. PRETTY.

        Spoiler:- Spoiler:
    Last edited by jstinftw!; 6th May 2013 at 6:28 AM.

    Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14


    Guess who claimed Luxray?!

  9. #1434
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Perusing the North Pacific.
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jstinftw! View Post

    IT MUST. BE. PRETTY.
    I think we got it, lol.

    Incidentally, looking at the way you organize the wifi tournament threads always got me thinking we should have you spruce up the club's OP a little.
    Last edited by Silvershark; 7th May 2013 at 2:47 AM.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

  10. #1435
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Crap I have been gone for a while...

    well jstinftw, phizone, and silver have all been a great help in the club... so not sure who should get it...

    Maybe I should lol no jk I am not around enough to.

    but all you guys deserve to at least be a mod

    Credit to me

  11. #1436
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    stalker much??? :P
    Posts
    324

    Default

    if no one else posts then by default i will make justin the OP owner.

    justin i am uncertain on what you want to do with the OP. please make it more clear on your goals with the club.

  12. #1437
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Cebu, Philippines
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    Goal-wise, I'm not trying to be a major leader. I'd like for others who are more worthy to take the position of a leader, such as philzone or Silvershark should that be their desire. Being a mod sounds like the correct position for me.

    My personal desire is to just make things more organized. Post discussion topics on a more frequent basis, help the others in their leaderly duties, help organize/run tournaments. Be a part of the inner circle of people making the club run smoothly.

    As for why I want to be the owner of the OP, I want to make the OP a little more fun to look at. Without meaning to sound arrogant or whatever, I like to think I pay attention to detail.

    These are all examples of works that I have done in the past that properly demonstrate how I tend to make OPs look.
    Official VGC Discussion Thread
    2013 International Challenge April
    2013 International Challenge March
    Winter Friendly

    Even my RMTs do not escape the treatment.
    Team O.G. Hipster
    Monsters Unleashed!
    Rise of the Guardians
    Long Live the Reckless and the Brave


    A club with a good OP is a club that will draw people in. I have the patience to do so, as well as the drive, to ensure that our club will have the proper treatment that it needs stylistically. I have a few ideas that I'll get around to demo-ing for you. I'll type it up, make it look pretty, then send it to you with instructions on how to check it out. (:
    Last edited by jstinftw!; 8th May 2013 at 11:30 AM.

    Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14


    Guess who claimed Luxray?!

  13. #1438
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    stalker much??? :P
    Posts
    324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jstinftw! View Post
    Goal-wise, I'm not trying to be a major leader. I'd like for others who are more worthy to take the position of a leader, such as philzone or Silvershark should that be their desire. Being a mod sounds like the correct position for me.

    My personal desire is to just make things more organized. Post discussion topics on a more frequent basis, help the others in their leaderly duties, help organize/run tournaments. Be a part of the inner circle of people making the club run smoothly.

    As for why I want to be the owner of the OP, I want to make the OP a little more fun to look at. Without meaning to sound arrogant or whatever, I like to think I pay attention to detail.

    These are all examples of works that I have done in the past that properly demonstrate how I tend to make OPs look.
    Official VGC Discussion Thread
    2013 International Challenge April
    2013 International Challenge March
    Winter Friendly

    Even my RMTs do not escape the treatment.
    Team O.G. Hipster
    Monsters Unleashed!
    Rise of the Guardians
    Long Live the Reckless and the Brave


    A club with a good OP is a club that will draw people in. I have the patience to do so, as well as the drive, to ensure that our club will have the proper treatment that it needs stylistically. I have a few ideas that I'll get around to demo-ing for you. I'll type it up, make it look pretty, then send it to you with instructions on how to check it out. (:
    i was being INSANELY sarcastic there and just joking with you, because i know you want to make it pretty :P

  14. #1439
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Cebu, Philippines
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    i was being INSANELY sarcastic there and just joking with you, because i know you want to make it pretty :P
    xD Whoops! Too much attention to detail. My bad hahaha!

    Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14


    Guess who claimed Luxray?!

  15. #1440
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    592

    Default

    Well, glad to hear that the club is still to be kept open after all! ^^ Guess I'll keep a tab open to this page after all then.

    I have absolutely no desire, will, qualification, or what have you to be an owner, moderator, leader, or anything else that sounds official. I just dropped in to see how things were going, and to remind everyone to go download that Deoxys from wi-fi as soon as possible!

    Seriously, I'm very excited about this thing! It's been years since there's been an English Deoxys given away, and it's the first time I've been able to get one myself without trading.

    At any rate, that's all I had to say. Good luck deciding who gets promoted to leader/mod/OP owner/president/undisputed heavyweight champion/bat boy/whatever other position we're trying to fill! ^^

    My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

    I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

  16. #1441
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Hey guys... Whats up? Remember me? ^^'
    I'm sorry for being absent so long but i had some family problems and... yeah... i didnt even had the chance to pick up my DS ><
    I was wandering... do i have to re-apply or am i still on the club?
    Idk if ill play competitively for a while because.. well... my files were cleaned out <.< (my cousin took the oportunity since i want in town and got everything i have... litterally xD), i only have some lvl1 pokes and... yeah... gonna take a time to RNG some.
    Once again im sorry, and ill try to be as active as i can ^^

    Oh and... im really glad to see that people i really like and admire are still here c: (even if a bit inactive ^^')
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble


    Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

  17. #1442
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Perusing the North Pacific.
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Your still in, we were just discussing possible changes in leadership. The conversations kind of in a lull because of the recent wifi tournament or some, like me, have just been busy this last week.

    While I'm here, here's the videos from some battles Shreyas and I had awhile ago:

    Battle 1

    My video:84-09866-05425
    Shreyas's video:35-31885-73784

    Battle 2

    My video:26-72323-08158
    Shreyas's video: 21-91798-66749

    Battle 3

    My video:79-75229-17114
    Shreyas's video:23-05956-74941

    This way you can choose who's point of view you want to watch from.

    I could also use some help procuring a pokemon from pokecheck. A flawless Defiant Tornadus with a naive nature and hidden power Ice. I can't get or RNG one for myself and my ISP blocks me from transferring from pokecheck. I'd be happy to RNG a pokemon in exchange.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

  18. #1443
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silvershark View Post
    Your still in, we were just discussing possible changes in leadership. The conversations kind of in a lull because of the recent wifi tournament or some, like me, have just been busy this last week.

    While I'm here, here's the videos from some battles Shreyas and I had awhile ago:

    Battle 1

    My video:84-09866-05425
    Shreyas's video:35-31885-73784

    Battle 2

    My video:26-72323-08158
    Shreyas's video: 21-91798-66749

    Battle 3

    My video:79-75229-17114
    Shreyas's video:23-05956-74941

    This way you can choose who's point of view you want to watch from.

    I could also use some help procuring a pokemon from pokecheck. A flawless Defiant Tornadus with a naive nature and hidden power Ice. I can't get or RNG one for myself and my ISP blocks me from transferring from pokecheck. I'd be happy to RNG a pokemon in exchange.

    There's only one like that on pokecheck, if you want i can create an account later on and trade it to you.
    I didnt know that were tornadus with other abilities with this form. Is it recent?

    About the topic about changing the club leadership... i took a bit of time and i've been reading about it... im sure whomever becomes the leader will do a great job so... yeah ^^
    I'll gladly help with anything if necessary aswell.
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble


    Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

  19. #1444
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Perusing the North Pacific.
    Posts
    359

    Default

    If you could that would be great. What do you want in return?

    Not too recent, Defiant's the DW ability Tornadus gets when it's transferred from the dream radar and converted to it's incarnate form.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

  20. #1445
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silvershark View Post
    If you could that would be great. What do you want in return?

    Not too recent, Defiant's the DW ability Tornadus gets when it's transferred from the dream radar and converted to it's incarnate form.
    Oh i didnt know about that x)

    And i dont want anything in return dont worry, but i can only trade it to you tomorrow s: im not at home yet :/
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble


    Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

  21. #1446
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Perusing the North Pacific.
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KuzKan View Post
    Oh i didnt know about that x)

    And i dont want anything in return dont worry, but i can only trade it to you tomorrow s: im not at home yet :/
    Ok, sounds good. Message me when you're ready tomorrow.
    Last edited by Silvershark; 24th May 2013 at 12:02 AM.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

  22. #1447
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    stalker much??? :P
    Posts
    324

    Default

    As you all know, between my time of preparing for pokemon tourneys, and testing at school starting, i have not had enough time to be an effective owner or even OP owner of the club, so justinftw has gladly accepted the position as OP owner.
    I am thinking that i could be a mod, but we will need a few more mods around. If you would like to apply for a mod position in Club Double Trouble then please PM me, and when I get online next weekend to put justinftw in the position of OP owner then I will also try and respond to everyone who wants to be a mod.
    Lets keep this place going, no matter what it takes~!

  23. #1448
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    YOU ONLY WANT ME FOR MY LUMPS!
    Posts
    4,272

    Default

    Hi, my name is Yveltal96 and I am a competitive Double Battler. My favorite VGC Pokemon is Scizor as it is a threat anyone has to be prepared for, otherwise you will be swept by him, and i like to run a bulky swords dance set with him. My favorite Pokemon in general in Scizor because his design is just amazing. I like double battles because it leaves room for many strategies such as Guard Split Shuckle+Eviolite Chansey and Skill Swap Blissey+Regigigas. I also like using Beat Up Whimsicott on my Justified Virizion, as it maximizes her attack in one turn.

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  24. #1449
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Black Ice Cave
    Posts
    368

    Default

    At one of the leagues I attend, we're going to have a Middle Cup (Pokémon must have evolved and must still be able to evolve) tournament. The only Pokémon I have that qualifies is Porygon2. Other than being Middle Cup, the rules for it are the same as VGC. I have no idea what is decent in Middle Cup. Anyone care to help me out?


        Spoiler:- Credits:

    Black Ice Xat
    Black Ice Youtube Channel

    My Youtube Channel
    Battle videos and card pack openings

    Soul Bound Studios Channel
    Destinies Divided (Star Wars fan fic) and Duster Brothers (original)

  25. #1450
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kicking some grass
    Posts
    336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordVader2719 View Post
    At one of the leagues I attend, we're going to have a Middle Cup (Pokémon must have evolved and must still be able to evolve) tournament. The only Pokémon I have that qualifies is Porygon2. Other than being Middle Cup, the rules for it are the same as VGC. I have no idea what is decent in Middle Cup. Anyone care to help me out?
    Well, have you seen chansey. it tanks well, and is a middle pokemon. I know this will sound bad, but look in the NFE section on smogon/pokemon showdown. That contains all the not fully evolved pokemon. One I would definatley suggest is zweilous. zweilous has the strongest non legendary dragon moves in the game due to hustle. now you have 3 pokemon, that do pretty well under TR. Those are some suggestions.
    All Hail Goomy

Page 58 of 67 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •