Page 20 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

sorry that I haven't posted in a while...I haven't been able to participate because of exams and my 3DS being lost around here...I can't look for it without my parents yelling at me to get back to work (which i'm procrastinating on anyway XD

Whats your scores? :O
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingchar View Post
    You now need to post two lines or more or else you will get a strike.
    Cyndaquil eh? Ill think about it as Im in the middle of a battle at the mo
    That's a retarded rule ...2 lines ? I'm on a phone, so I really can't make a two line post. Consider that. You guys can give me patrat and I'll release them.
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big. (Mod: As was having the water club)

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[
    Need someone to train your pokemon or breed for one ? I will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by drizzleboy12 View Post
    I guess so but I am busy with the wifi tournament.

Also just broke 1800!
    Nice! I didn't enter in time because of the breeding I needed to do for this team, but PM me whenever you want to trade it over! Maybe we can battle, too After that, all I need to EV is the Rotom...

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDragoniteHD View Post
    That's a retarded rule ...2 lines ? I'm on a phone, so I really can't make a two line post. Consider that. You guys can give me patrat and I'll release them.
    It's not me that came up with that rule...
    I was just in the middle of a battle and the internet cut off and now nothing internet-wise is working on my DS!

Quote Originally Posted by Chingchar View Post
    It's not me that came up with that rule...
    I was just in the middle of a battle and the internet cut off and now nothing internet-wise is working on my DS!
    it is not my rule either, it is the club mod's rules. they feel like posts shouldn't be too short...
    THAT SUCKS!!! HOPE YOU GET YOUR DS FIXED :3

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    it is not my rule either, it is the club mod's rules. they feel like posts shouldn't be too short...
    THAT SUCKS!!! HOPE YOU GET YOUR DS FIXED :3
    Yeah, I beleive the rule should be taken with leniency...>3>...

Its a not a spam post, which is what they hate most, so why does it matter if it doesn't directly meet the require ments?

I could understand if he had no topic...but he was saying stuff about breeding cyndiquils. I doubt that'd be off-topic. ._...

I never get caught by that rule because I ramble on in my posts...but I completely understand how that would be annoying. >_>
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Just stopped battling for now in the tournament. I'll get back later. I'm above 1650 now, which is very good for the team I have (that includes no hyperused stuff). My prediction skills are still quite low though but that comes with experience

What's your favourite thing about Doubles? I personally like the amount of new combos and strategies that can be used and the fact that some useless and neglected Pokémon in singles are godly in doubles. I'm tired of the single OU metagame, which I was never good at and never liked much to be honest.

(When they ban Tyranitar & friends from these tournaments it'll be even more fun --')

3DS Friend Code: 3866-8099-9870 - Nuno

Super Secret Base | Double Battles | QR Code

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W62 L31

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Hero View Post
    Just stopped battling for now in the tournament. I'll get back later. I'm above 1650 now, which is very good for the team I have (that includes no hyperused stuff). My prediction skills are still quite low though but that comes with experience

What's your favourite thing about Doubles? I personally like the amount of new combos and strategies that can be used and the fact that some useless and neglected Pokémon in singles are godly in doubles. I'm tired of the single OU metagame, which I was never good at and never liked much to be honest.

(When they ban Tyranitar & friends from these tournaments it'll be even more fun --')
    they're never gonna ban those guys, it'll upset the VGC metagame..though i would love Politoad to be banned.

Hello, I am ReshiramBlue (Oji in Black and Black 2 versions) and I'm a competitive double battler who still wants to learn more about the fine arts of double battling. I have had around 250 random double battles (Black And Black 2, wifi tournaments included). My favorite VGC pokemon is Metagross, because of its ability to hit both opponents effectively, (Earthquake, Explosion, Rock Slide, Etc), great STAB moves (Meteor Mash, Zen Headbutt, etc), and access to priority (Bullet Punch). Its great attack and defenses, along with speed that works both in and out of trick room, earns itself a spot on my doubles team many times. I do not have a specific favorite pokemon, but alot of my favorites come from the Sinnoh Region. I like double battles because many strategies can be applied, Smogonites have almost no control over what I do, and, in Wi-fi, it is much more balanced then Wi-fi Singles. I would like to have a job in IV breeding (Max 3 ivs) or EV training, with a preference towards the former.

Accepted!

Welcome!

Credit to me

our club is in the "red zone" for continuing to post one liners. if this continues then our club will be shut down or closed temporarily.
    a one liner is considered spam to the club mods and their rules are the first priorities that we must follow. if you happen to post a one liner, you will be given a strike and you MUST edit it or else our "red zone" might go past that and we will suffer the consciousness. I am assuming that this is the proper size for a club post or something around it. I will not take this rule lightly for i dont want this club to go down.
    Last edited by joej m; 17th December 2012 at 9:34 PM.

Well unfortunately I wasn't able to have much time to participate in the Winter Friendly, I only got to do battles the first day of the tournament and haven't done a single battle the last 3 days, my score was 22-4 with a ranking at around 1670 I guess It's no so bad for one day of competing just wish I would of have had more time to get to break the 1800 mark, I guess I'll try next time, How did everyone else do?
    Trinity League Badges

3DS FC: 1075-1699-3820
    Ign: GC7

wow... one day you got 1670? *_* that is so good! i got 186X (dont know the last one)
    I started off with an awful score from the first day. then the next i lost 2 battles and won like 40 x) if i didn't compete on the first day i would have probably broken the 1900 easy.
    but because of that i wasn't able to do too much better than last time... >.> i got 1807 last time with rank 51.

wow... one day you got 1670? *_* that is so good! i got 186X (dont know the last one)
    I started off with an awful score from the first day. then the next i lost 2 battles and won like 40 x) if i didn't compete on the first day i would have probably broken the 1900 easy.
    but because of that i wasn't able to do too much better than last time... >.> i got 1807 last time with rank 51.
    Yeah, I wish i could of done more battles though, Wow you won 40 battles in a day? xD I dont even think I could do so many battles in 2 days xD I usually get bored fast haha :P
    Now to wait for our berries,
    Trinity League Badges

3DS FC: 1075-1699-3820
    Ign: GC7

40 battles is what I did in the whole tournament lool

Anyway, I got 1667 which is good for me. I'm not aiming for the 1800s or 1900s because I don't want to use only goodstuffs and I know that those teams will always be hard no matter what. My win-loss ratio is 32/10. Overall is was a good tournament, the RQ number also decreased and we could see a little less Tyranitar bullies around.

My worst loss was (logically) against someone with a goodstuffs team and that's because she used Trick Room with Cresselia (which missed thanks to Tornadus's Taunt) and then crushed me with a Landorus and a Scarfed Tyranitar. Which makes me think that if I had let her use Trick Room I'd have won --' Who uses Trick Room with a Choice Scarf?? I hate these standard movesets that people use without even thinking about why the moves and the Pokémon are there. That makes them weak, not the low rating.

3DS Friend Code: 3866-8099-9870 - Nuno

Super Secret Base | Double Battles | QR Code

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W62 L31

anyone wanna battle me now that the tourney is over? x)
    i only battled one person on serebii so i kinda wanna know what the skill level is on serebii and in the club~!
    if you wanna battle respond over PM/VM because others dont really care about it :P

I logged on the other night and got 10 battles in,which is alright for me.
    I won 7/10,and finished around 1560:my doubles team has zero synergy,and I really need to work on it > <
    Looking towards Floatzel at the moment.And Swalot.
    Because it looks the part

that was your first night doing it right? anyway, i wish my first day went better like that... >.<
    my losing streak was so bad on the first day... it went until 1450 when i finally decided to quit! D:
    next day is when i had my 40 wins

that was your first night doing it right? anyway, i wish my first day went better like that... >.<
    my losing streak was so bad on the first day... it went until 1450 when i finally decided to quit! D:
    next day is when i had my 40 wins
    40 in a day? That's dedication.
    I have little time for much activity any more,online and general team building.
    Most of my losses came down to stupid. critical. hits.
    That said,most of my potential victories using stalling were lost through rage quitters...
    ...you'd expect matters to be different in tournaments.

My luck!

Anyway New Topic:
    If you are a tournament holder we should start coming up with ideas for a tournament soon! Please Post any and all ideas you have so the public can vote on which one they want! i will compile a list of the tournament ideas and at the end we will hold a final vote!

I would like a 2011 Bw2 tournament where you can only use pokemon from the unova pokedex (not the new dex) and BW2 tutors and formes are allowed.

Also maybe a tournament with only ice types celebrating the winter holidays.

Credit to me

alright sounds great! ^^; there is little weather in these ones unless someone wants to set it up manually.

i have never been a fan of mono type competitions... ;~;

anyway drizzleboy's post (the second one) will be the information for all the tourneys.
    and hopefully soon the trade shop will be ready for business soon!
    i got nothing right now for tourney ideas... >.>

EDIT: these could be held over pokemon online, or wifi battles. i would highly recommend having pokemon online and wifi (game card) ready for battle. p.s. pokemon showdown doesn't support doubles... i think...
    Last edited by joej m; 19th December 2012 at 1:22 AM.

Hi, I'm KuzKan, and I'm here to polish my almost non-existing battle skills even further in the VGC style! My favourite VGC pokemon is probably Ninetales because of its incredible bulk(i mean... who doesnt like to survive hydro pumps, close combats, earthquakes, etc... and then criple its oponent? I do!) and because it is a beautiful pokemon too. My overall favourite pokemon is probably mew, i always loved that little pink thingy. I like double battles because i like fast paced battles, and because theres so much estrategies available, and so many others waiting to be found... its just amazing. For now i wont apply for a job because of school but in the future i might apply to RNG abuser/ IV breeder; Tournament Holder and EV Trainer.

I took the liberty to answer some of the topics previously answered by some of you, hope it is ok..

Spoiler:- 1:

Spoiler:- 2:

Spoiler:- 3:

Spoiler:- 4:

Spoiler:- 5:

Spoiler:- 6:
    Last edited by KuzKan; 19th December 2012 at 2:08 AM.
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble

Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

accepted!
    welcome to the club! :3
    thanks for taking the time to do all of that topic answering!
    anyway... we can't officially put those tourneys down unless you actually sign up for tourney holder... >.<
    the job is not a big deal, all you do is generate ideas for tourneys which it seems like you already did!

accepted!
    welcome to the club! :3
    thanks for taking the time to do all of that topic answering!
    anyway... we can't officially put those tourneys down unless you actually sign up for tourney holder... >.<
    the job is not a big deal, all you do is generate ideas for tourneys which it seems like you already did!

Thank you x)
    yeah i know you can't, i just said that because it was a topic x)
    as i said i might apply for those 3 jobs, i made some tournaments in some Yu-gi-oh foruns a while ago because there were only tournaments at saturdays and then we would be bored so some ideas from there could apply to pokemon too so yeah... i think i can provide some ideas when the time comes xD
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble

Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

Page 20 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast