Page 23 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    did he get top ten with that blissey?
    because i have never actually seen a blissey in a battle... ever... >.>
    You are one lucky dood. Those things are abominations. They sponge special attacks like they are NOTHING. Plus they can't be Toxiced due to their Natural Cure.
    Deadly....deadly little trolls...
    hehe

I battled a guy using huy's team in the Wif tournament. I'll send you the battle video later:P

EDIT: here is the battle video Battle Vid No: 28-22011-80927 Also I forgot to mention that that was against NB user TeeJay.
    Last edited by drizzleboy12; 19th December 2012 at 10:48 PM.

Credit to me

Hi I'm Comek525 I am a competitive double battler, but I wish to become more knowledgable at this. My favorite VGC Pokemon is Volcorona because of its typeing and it's ability to use quiver dance. My favorite Pokemon in general is Arcanine. I wish to apply for Ev Trainer because I feel I got it down.
    DWF I currently have:

Quote Originally Posted by Comek525 View Post
    Hi I'm Comek525 I am a competitive double battler, but I wish to become more knowledgable at this. My favorite VGC Pokemon is Volcorona because of its typeing and it's ability to use quiver dance. My favorite Pokemon in general is Arcanine. I wish to apply for Ev Trainer because I feel I got it down.
    Accepted!

Hello! Welcome to Club Double Trouble! I'm Gothic-Gothorita, a Moderator here and at the Dragon-Tamer Club, and I serve as Tournament Maintenance in the Elesa/Kamitsure Club! Have fun here!

To Everyone:

I've recently become a Moderator here! (Thanks for the promotion Joey :P) I'd like to let all of ye know that I will be enforcing the rules here and if any of ye post a one-liner, ye have 5 Minutes to edit it before getting reported and receive a very very harsh infraction! (I myself can't report mods in this Club... .___. XD)

Thank Ye! ^_^

P.S If you have any questions please consult me or Joej m via VM or PM! ^_^
    Last edited by White_Roar~; 19th December 2012 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

welcome I hope you enjoy it here.

VGCS winter battle tournament update

Well they said the rankings are going to be released today at 7 PM EST or this Friday.

Credit to me

Thanks for acceptance
    Sorry I didn't know I'm kind of new to this forum thing
    Last edited by Comek525; 19th December 2012 at 11:04 PM.
    DWF I currently have:

Quote Originally Posted by Comek525 View Post
    Thanks for acceptance
    I'm so sorry, please make your posts 2 lines or more with at least 10 words or more. Or else you'll be reported. It's a Club Rule.

Edit it within 5 minutes or you'll be reported.

For more information see this thread: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...re-not-allowed!

EDIT: Alright, Thanks for understanding.
    Last edited by White_Roar~; 19th December 2012 at 11:07 PM.

Hmmm, least favorite Pokémon to face? Put it between Tyranitar and Cresselia. Tyranitar because of the sand only (I run a sun team so... you get it), Cresselia because it's impossible to stop it without Taunt, because she's so bulky that she'll always get Trick Room or Thunder Wave up... SHE SURVIVES MY TYPHLOSION'S ERUPTION!! Something that only Pokémon that resist Fire and Blissey can do... Hate you Cress! I'm going to hire a Darkrai to get rid of you... :P

3DS Friend Code: 3866-8099-9870 - Nuno

Super Secret Base | Double Battles | QR Code

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Battle Spot Season 7 - Special: W10 L6 - Rating 1577
    Battle Spot Season 7 - Doubles: W3 L1

Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W61 L27

welcome to the club!
    imma add you to the list and to the EV trainer list.
    I CANT WAIT TILL IT IS ANNOUNCED (the rankings)!!!

EDIT: would we know by now if we were DQ'd because the stoopid people rage quitting affected our score?
    Last edited by joej m; 20th December 2012 at 12:42 AM.

welcome to the club!
    imma add you to the list and to the EV trainer list.
    I CANT WAIT TILL IT IS ANNOUNCED (the rankings)!!!

EDIT: would we know by now if we were DQ'd because the stoopid people rage quitting affected our score?
    1. What does DQ'd mean?
    2. stoopid? Please use proper spelling...

3. Topic Answer:

Yes we would know, because they ragequitted on us.

Can you be a little bit more descriptive with this topic please?

But I'll say this:

I was playing SoulSilver online once and I was the highest in the world (1st place) for a few seconds. Until I entered a battle with someone and they ragequitted on me!!! I somehow lost my score and my 1st place position!! That's why I don't play online on there anymore... <.> Though, I do still play Random Matchup on BW.

... .__. that wasn't a topic :P
    i used bold to get attention! xD
    stoopid is a fun way of spelling it! :P
    on soul silver you can't really like... battle online... with rankings silly ducky

... .__. that wasn't a topic :P
    i used bold to get attention! xD
    stoopid is a fun way of spelling it! :P
    on soul silver you can't really like... battle online... with rankings silly ducky
    ._____.
    I know it was some form of rankings... <.> Or that must've been on BW.... I haven't played Pokemon since October... .___.

New Topic: What are some specific tactics that you use in Competitive Double Battling? (Please be descriptive and No one-liners.)

well... tactics... lets see. all of them :P
    tailwind- I used this as my first successful tactic. i started off with crobat out with maybe thundurus lets say. since crobat can't be faked out (inner focus) i was good to go! ^^; and with a sash it comes in real good handy and more reliable than tornadus is.
    -sandstorm goodstuffs team- this was my most recent team... and it is quite awesome! i would often start with hitmontop (intimidate is real helpful) and tyranitar. t tar would sub up while hitmontop would fake out a threat. my t tar is SUPER bulky and can take a max special attack un-boosted hydropump from a rotom in the sand. that is awesome *O* other pokemon consisted of excadrill (best sandstorm abuser in my opinion ), garchomp (sand veil saved my but so many times), cresselia for t wave support and it is just an all around bulky pokemon that kicks butt! and a unusual set for zapdos. with specs and able to tank a timid dragon gem draco meteor from a latios and hydreigon!
    -other tactics i have used are: sun, rain, trick room.
    these weren't as successful so i won't go in depth with these ones.

Argh...haven't posted here in a while. Mainly because of exams and such. But I did manage to have a pokemon showdown match...even if it's not doubles, its my first pokemon battle in two weeks.

Oh and the fact that I haven't had time to look through the house myself may also be part of it XD

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou6353702
    If anything, our commentary is lolworthy. xD

I really need a better stealth rocker then jirachi...Perhaps I'll switch it up a little, because i still want to keep that type of jirachi. excellent synergy.

as for least favorite pokemon to face in doubles? Blegh...uhm...
    Politoad and friends >3>... XD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Tactic...hmm...
    Well i used to run max speed terra with choiced houndoom with beat up, but it was gimmicky

One i do now is i send out cresselia and some other poke...switch the poke out to terra, and cress uses swagger on terra
    lum berry heals the confusion, and i proceed to sweep.

I prefer the Icy wind cress + garchomp tactic, since cress can slow garchomps counters down, and then chomp can destroy them. Helping hand also is quite good, as then you are getting some good power. Now that showdown is doing doubles, I'm experimenting. My favorite has to be whimsicott and terrakion, since it can destroy nearly everything. Tail wind works well, as it gives rain teams a run for the money. Actually, my favorite has to be Landorus-t and musharna. Normal gem & helping hand boosted explosion destroys nearly everything. And prankster murkrow with perish song, with DW gothitelle works its magic, since they lose 2 pokemon, and then i can change the team out (normally to landorus-t and musharna.

Loved VGC winter battle. Wasn't happy with my score (i think just under 1600), and people kept disconnecting. Also, no-one was really on, and it took ages before i got a battle. Ah well, lets see what the next tourney throws at us.

So let's talk about tactics...

In 4th gen I had a Roserade come up with Sunny Day, and Choice Specs Typhlosion proceed to sweep with Eruption. It had its flaws but it worked really nice in most occasions. Now with Ninetales out in 5th gen, I started to pair up her and Typhlosion and that worked even better. But still has trouble with Garchomp, Terrakion and fast stuff overall so right now I usually send out a pair of setup Pokémon. Ninetales sets up sun and proceeds to Heat Wave while Tornadus either Taunts a Trick Roomer or Tailwinds on their faces. Whimsicott could do the same but Acrobatics is being too useful for me to get rid of, and that's what Tornadus does that Whimsicott can't. With Tailwind and Sun, say hello to the devastating power of Sawsbuck and Typhlosion. So basically a sun+tailwind team.

3DS Friend Code: 3866-8099-9870 - Nuno

Super Secret Base | Double Battles | QR Code

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Battle Spot Season 7 - Special: W10 L6 - Rating 1577
    Battle Spot Season 7 - Doubles: W3 L1

Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W61 L27

i never played much in fourth gen but i can imagine that weather wasn't very common due to only t tar and abamasnow getting it... and i dont think sand rush/force even invented back then! D:
    so he only possible way of doing something was manual other than for 2010 VGC's because they allowed legends! ^^;

i never played much in fourth gen but i can imagine that weather wasn't very common due to only t tar and abamasnow getting it... and i dont think sand rush/force even invented back then! D:
    so he only possible way of doing something was manual other than for 2010 VGC's because they allowed legends! ^^;
    Yep, sand force/rush was 5th gen.
    @joej m Could you post those sets for Ttar and zapdos, since Ttar sounds like it could work well in my sandstorm, since that is what I have always found to be the best weather type, due to being able to cripple sashes, and the rock spdef boost. Zapdos sounds good, since it can counter rain teams. Currently the only real counters I have are Cress, Gastrodon and Ttar.

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    Argh...haven't posted here in a while. Mainly because of exams and such. But I did manage to have a pokemon showdown match...even if it's not doubles, its my first pokemon battle in two weeks.

Oh and the fact that I haven't had time to look through the house myself may also be part of it XD

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou6353702
    If anything, our commentary is lolworthy. xD

I really need a better stealth rocker then jirachi...Perhaps I'll switch it up a little, because i still want to keep that type of jirachi. excellent synergy.

as for least favorite pokemon to face in doubles? Blegh...uhm...
    Politoad and friends >3>... XD
    Nice battle! Couldn't help but laugh
    @topic my favourite strategy is mainly weather-counter teams as it was the first one and then when I see a tyranitar or another weather set up poké I just send out Ludicolo Garchomp Abomasnow or Heatran and I just sweep the other team or I use a rain team with the shiny raikou event that has aura sphere and extremespeed >:3
    Also nice to see another mod here

New topic!: Dumbest idea for a pokemon that works!

Mine would have to be specs Persian

Persian @ Choice specs
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 252 SpA 252 Spd 4 HP
    Timid nature
    -Water pulse
    -Thunderbolt
    -Icy wind
    -Switcheroo

This set lets you KO both salamence and garchomp with icy wind without a yache berry. all dragon types and non-bulky thundurus and zapdos are 2KO'd with icy wind. Water Pulse lets me 2KO wolfes heatran set. And Thunderbolt lets 2Ko tornadus, Politoed, and suicune.

Credit to me

Quote Originally Posted by Chingchar View Post
    Nice battle! Couldn't help but laugh
    @topic my favourite strategy is mainly weather-counter teams as it was the first one and then when I see a tyranitar or another weather set up poké I just send out Ludicolo Garchomp Abomasnow or Heatran and I just sweep the other team or I use a rain team with the shiny raikou event that has aura sphere and extremespeed >:3
    Also nice to see another mod here
    Beautiful victory with a Pikachu,my good friend ^ ^

I've always been in favour of tailwind teams-I get fairly miffed if I don't shut down the trick room user beforehand though :/

And dumbest idea for a pokemon that works...it would have to be Magcargo.
    Two common x4 weaknesses to exploit here,but once out of the way he can be an amazing wall to any team,and can spread burns to the opponent very easily.Ground and water types are quickly dispatched by grass types(e.g.chlorophyll sweeper),and both would favour to sunny weather really well.

if you would like i can post all the sets of my team and do like... a team analysis if you want :3

dumbest idea... uhhh... i used a pichu once!
    when i was a noob i thought baton pass was so freaking awesome! :P
    so i would get pichus sp attack up like crazy with a calm mind then baton pass... >.<
    i didn't realize how common sand was because i put a sash on it xD

Wow... Dumbest?! I have to be the dumbest person because I use the most "dumbest and idiotic" sets and they work greatly XDDDDD

Here we go:

Golem with Flamethrower - This works really well under the sun with the right team and support... I actually didn't Baton Pass!

Golurk with SolarBeam - This was ok... I barely used SolarBeam... but when I did, it actually did some great coverage (This was under the sun too...)

Flawless Physical Wall Jolteon - This is AMAZING! With the right support, EV Spread, and moveset! I troll people with it all the time! :P
    Last edited by White_Roar~; 20th December 2012 at 9:33 PM.

lolwut? how can jolt eon wall ANYTHING? its as frail as a twig...
    could you please post the set? also... is a set you made for singles or doubles?
    i still wanna battle you :3

Page 23 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast