Page 24 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    lolwut? how can jolt eon wall ANYTHING? its as frail as a twig...
    could you please post the set? also... is a set you made for singles or doubles?
    i still wanna battle you :3
    *butts in on your convo*

Jolteon walls like a pro.lol
    i has used it before.

lolwut? how can jolt eon wall ANYTHING? its as frail as a twig...
    could you please post the set? also... is a set you made for singles or doubles?
    i still wanna battle you :3
    1. I will never expose my Jolteon. I was quite surprised myself! When I used it I thought it would've been a total fail but it was a Complete Troll! XD

2. They're all for Singles.

3. I won't play Pokemon for weeks.

5. There is no #4 DEAL WITH IT!

I went into Random Matchup with it (luckily it has HP Ice) and I was fighting a Gliscor, it attacked me with Earthquake and I barely lost any health! I was so surprised! Then I just decimated the battle with HP Ice. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

why did you add flawless to your post with your weird sets?
    because... i am assuming ALL of these pokemon are flawless... i dont use pokemon unless they are flawless ^^;
    i am probably gonna write up something about my entire team! so the ENTIRE world can steal it and i dont care :P
    because they used MY team and i feel special for it!

why did you add flawless to your post with your weird sets?
    because... i am assuming ALL of these pokemon are flawless... i dont use pokemon unless they are flawless ^^;
    i am probably gonna write up something about my entire team! so the ENTIRE world can steal it and i dont care :P
    because they used MY team and i feel special for it!
    Because some of my Pokemon aren't flawless, it makes it feel like my Pokemon have more individuality...

NEW TOPIC! :P: What's/What are some of your favorite Poison-Type Pokemon to use in Doubles?

only one i can think of that is viable is crobat.
    gengar isn't useful in my opinion. so many pokemon can do better than it and have slower speed. ghosts are awesome for setting trick room because of normally low speed and immunity to fake out... gengar is SO fast. >.<
    crobat is great because it can't get flinched, high speed so it can set up a fast taunt or tailwind and there is a some set... dont remember it but it can survive ANY electric move that isn't boosted or doesn't crit which is quite notable.
    EDIT: duckie... dont say for doubles when talking about pokemon... imma not talking about singles in this club. everything this club is double battling silly :P

Different Topic .___.: Do you have any specific "combos" in Double Battles? Pokemon or Move-related?

I love to use my Roserade and Swanna Combo! <3

So Beautiful, Romantic, Lovely, Elegant, and Deadly

I even gave it a name: The Lovely and The Deadly...

EDIT: The Lovely part is where I use Rain Dance and Tailwind, the Deadly part is where I begin sweeping with Roserade quickly and precisely...
    Last edited by White_Roar~; 20th December 2012 at 9:53 PM.

can you please tell us how these kinda sets work? SWANNA? i dont see what kinda damage swanna can do... >.> i really wanna battle you! D8
    i used hitmontop and tyranitar. hitmontop can outspeed common 80 base speed pokemon that have 4 speed EV's (namely the troll toga kiss ) so i can fake out that first. with that i use tyranitar. this thing is really bulky while still able to get a ton of OHKO's. it has crunch, rock slide, substitute and protect. i often fake out with hitmontop and then sub up. then play mind games. i often keep tyranitar in the sub all game because:
    1. its awesome bulk
    2. protect so i can protect while in the sub while they double target it~! then i get a free switch or close combat all there pokemon to the MAX! xD

other combos are garchomp/excadrill with zapdos. i love me a good disquake!
    tyranitar and excadrill/garchomp just crush.
    [also the garchomp set can withstand a timid draco meteor dragon gem draco meteor~! haban berry with awesome bulk. in the sand i think it is 100% of living... not sure if it always lives without. because i once lived with 2 hp without sand.]
    credit to drizzle for helping me make the sets!

EDIT: i also can pair cresselia with almost anything due to its amazing bulk and usefulness of thunder wave.

@joey: What? No love for Amoongus? Amoongus is pretty much the only Poison type I use, mainly because of Rage Powder, which helps me with setting up Trick Room. Plus, once Trick Room is up, Amoongus can go on a rampage Sporing everying due to VGC's lack of Sleep Clause.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothic-Gothorita View Post
    Different Topic .___.: Do you have any specific "combos" in Double Battles? Pokemon or Move-related?

I love to use my Roserade and Swanna Combo! <3

So Beautiful, Romantic, Lovely, Elegant, and Deadly

I even gave it a name: The Lovely and The Deadly
    I don't have a name for it, but I sometimes like to use Sableye and Heatran together. Basically, Sableye can use Prankster Will-o-Wisp to activate Heatran's Flash Fire, and then Heatran proceeds to rip stuff apart with Flash Fire boosted Eruptions.

Made by Tini (FrozenConstellation).
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Wow, mention Liepard, and everyone's active. I should do this more often.

you know... ever since duckie joined this place got active due to him being on 150 peoples stalker boards! xD
    anyway... would anyone like to battle me?
    if so VM/PM me!
    the only people here i have battled on my game are chingchar and drizzle so i wanna battle some more~! :3
    actually i did battle light a long time ago... but i sucked then! xD
    i still dont know the skill level of most people in the club. other than drizzle... he kicks my butt... .__.

you know... ever since duckie joined this place got active due to him being on 150 peoples stalker boards! xD
    if so VM/PM me!
    the only people here i have battled on my game are chingchar and drizzle so i wanna battle some more~! :3
    i still dont know the skill level of most people in the club. other than drizzle... he kicks my butt... .__.
    Surely me too?
    I'd love a battle with somebody: so much to try ^ ^

if so VM/PM me!

What do you expect? I'm Gothic-Gothorita! A Mod in 3 Clubs, Owner of Froslass' Pokemon Breeding Club (FPBC), Competitive Pokemon Mentor, and future owner of Clan The Big Bridge.

Anyway, I'll battle you.... whenever I decide to XD

New Topic: Why did you ever begin Double Battling and what makes you like it more then Single Battling or Triple Battling? (Don't answer the 2nd part if you can't XD)
    Last edited by White_Roar~; 20th December 2012 at 10:09 PM.

duckie... slow down on the topics... .__.
    i started because i heard that there was prize money for winning the VGC events... so i got pumped up to make a team! xD
    it is SO much faster, more to think about with two pokemon, and more strategies to uncover.

But then why isn't double battling known in the competitve world? Is it because people think it's broken? Never really knew why.
    *sigh* this is ridiculous. How else am I supposed to phrase this? There's nothing to add. Oh well atleast what I'm saying now counts for something lmao
    Last edited by NaCl; 20th December 2012 at 10:14 PM.
    hehe

Yeah they raised the amount of money from 350$ to 700$ at regionals.

Also is anyone going to virginia regionals?
    Last edited by drizzleboy12; 20th December 2012 at 10:18 PM.

Credit to me

Quote Originally Posted by Shinytaifood View Post
    But then why isn't double battling known in the competitve world? Is it because people think it's broken? Never really knew why.
    I'm so sorry Tai, I think that's a one-liner, please edit or delete your post within 5 Minutes...

Unless you'd like to be reported and receive a very very harsh infraction.

Thank You!

we just went over this with someone else!
    kyruem... that is a one liner. you get 5 minutes to change it to be a longer post.
    if you didn't know because you havent posted in a while it is a new club rule. no one liners. all clubs have to follow the rule.
    thank you~

Goth, I don't believe that's a one liner. That's more than one sentence. But, maybe it is. I just wanted to put that out there.

gosh dangit you are all gonna get a strike (other than drizzle) and be reported for posting one liners! literally they Cant be one line!
    and no a line this long can't be this short. .__.
    you all have 4 minutes now to change your post. if you did already. then you are fine.

You see the post that Kyurem made, that is a one liner. You can see that it's just a response of very little wording and such. I don't think mine is a one liner. Would it have made a difference if I spaced out the sentences?
    hehe

Okay then. Remove me from this club then. First, I get a message because I'm not active, now when I am, my posts aren't right. Just take me off the member list so I don't have to deal with this.

Thank you~

you are all off the hook until i figure out what a one liner is considered... if they literally mean one line or etc. kyruem you still gotta change you post

Quote Originally Posted by Shinytaifood View Post
    You see the post that Kyurem made, that is a one liner. You can see that it's just a response of very little wording and such. I don't think mine is a one liner. Would it have made a difference if I spaced out the sentences?
    Yes, but every post in Clubs now has to actually be 2 lines or more.

I'm sorry... but that's just the way it is... :/

I will direct all of you to these announcements:

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet May - One liner Stickied Thread READ IT!
    So as you can see, while it's fun to talk about a lot of things, leave it for VMs or PMs or messengers or whatever. Keep the small talk away or contribute something well. I saw one post exclaim how this rule was "silly" because the member was on a phone. You can either a) not post or b) post like you would on anything else. Just because you're using an iPhone, iPad, terrible computer, etc does not mean you can bend the rules simply because you can't type. If you can't type, don't type. Save it for when you're settled down on a large computer or something comfortable. I've written some lengthy posts on mobile devices before so if I can, you can too.

In addition to this, making posts like "omg guys i haven't been here in forever what happened??" is considered spam too. Read the posts you haven't seen since you last came to the club. There's no need to be lazy.

Even though this rule strongly applies to those members who have been dropping one-liners like nothing, this also applies to club owners. It is your responsibility as a club owner to make sure your club is following the rules. If there's a member who is breaking the rules, warn them or give them a strike, whatever. If that same member is continuously breaking the rules, kick them out of the club. If they keep posting, report it to Club moderators (i.e. me) and we'll handle them.

Consider this a final warning from me. All other posts that break the rules beyond this point will receive a serious spamming infraction. Any questions about this, feel free to PM me.
    And....

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet May - Club One-liner, Spam, and Ham Announcement
    Hey members! Hope your club activities are going well. There is just something we need to talk about.

One-liners. These posts are the type that are just one sentence of unnecessary discussion. No, I'm not talking about actual spam where one club talks about "why is ____ the best?" and the topic gets replies like "I like eggs" or just posts that don't even talk about the club subject in general. I'm talking about posts that are on the subject, but not enough to contribute to the actual thread. Something like this:

Topic: What is your opinion on ______? Do you like it or hate it?"
    Bad noodle member: i dunno i never played/watched/did this

Okay, you never played one of the games, watched an episode or season, or did a certain thing your whole club is about. That's fine. What isn't fine is you simply stating that! You could at least answer with something like, "I never played this game/watched this/did this but from what I have heard/seen, the story is awesome blah blah blah insert spoilers here and other speculation talk." I don't expect you to be following the whole subject to the core but then without knowing basic stuff, you will just be a burden to the club discussion. Explain your opinion with positivity too. Just because you don't like something, doesn't mean you degrade it to pieces.

Post 1: "Look what I created in my spare time (or for the club)! Let me know what you guys think!"
    Bad noodle member 1: "it's nice i like it"
    Bad noodle member 2: "omg it's so terrible i h8 it"

Okay, why do you like it? If you didn't like it, just compliment the member on their efforts and help them improve by giving them good tips or points. Another bad post would be replying to the comments with "ok i'll try that thanks".

One-liners are considered spam too, you know! I have already sent a warning to one club because there were pages of non-stop one-liners and spam. I am currently scanning through all existing clubs and will continue doing so to keep an eye on you all. I know these posts aren't counted towards your precious post count but that doesn't mean you can just make a thousand posts of absolute nonsense. You can make a nice post talking about that certain topic and possibly get into a deep discussion. If your club is dying, it's because no one is posting interesting topics to discuss. Spice things up with a better topic, an activity everyone can do, a contest, etc. It may be a place to hang out with other fans but if you all are going on how somebody's signature is great or how you're feeling angry over something not related to the club, the sort of talk is left for messengers or VMs.

These type of posts will no longer be tolerated and members doing this will receive a warning or infraction. Your posts may be deleted as well, depending on the content.

I hope you understand this and continue to have a good time in the Clubs section. Members, feel free to continue reporting bad posts if any more exist in the future.

Ham is not important in this announcement but Happy Holidays!
    Any Questions about one-liners, spam, (or ham if you like) in this Club are to be taken to VMs/PMs.

End of One-liner Discussion please get back on topic.

EDIT: I put some parts in Bold that all of you should know.
    Last edited by White_Roar~; 20th December 2012 at 10:38 PM.

Alrighty well as for the latest topic, I have been double battling ever since the beginning of 3rd ten. Why? Because I thought it was ridiculously more fun than singles. There actually wasn't as much strategy involved. That was a plus for me when I was younger. Even in the beginning of 5th gen, I liked triple battles more than single before I started battling competitively. I like singles the least, but it's the most used
    hehe

i agree that singles is way to popular. D:
    i personally believe that doubles and triples should be more popular because they often involve more strategy. also, in doubles there are so many more viable pokemon and moves that can be used! the combinations are endless! *-*

i agree that singles is way to popular. D:
    i personally believe that doubles and triples should be more popular because they often involve more strategy. also, in doubles there are so many more viable pokemon and moves that can be used! the combinations are endless! *-*
    I actually think it's more along the lines of being really really wacky and unpredictable. Singles have been used probably because it's so straightforward.
    There really is no metagame for doubles, because there are ways to sweep entire teams. For example, if I brought in a Kingdra and a Politoed on the starting turn. Kingdra has specs. +1 rain boosted stab surf would one shot both Pokemon, if they aren't grass. If one was grass, would probably be in the orange or red.
    hehe

Page 24 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast