Page 25 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

Quote Originally Posted by Shinytaifood View Post
    I actually think it's more along the lines of being really really wacky and unpredictable. Singles have been used probably because it's so straightforward.
    There really is no metagame for doubles, because there are ways to sweep entire teams. For example, if I brought in a Kingdra and a Politoed on the starting turn. Kingdra has specs. +1 rain boosted stab surf would one shot both Pokemon, if they aren't grass.
    even though there are a ton of commonly used pokemon like hitmontop and metagross.
    but there are so many more sets to explore that are viable. did you know that smogon has sets for doubles? that really isn't to accurate because they use 252/252/4 sets... >.> which usually aren't all that viable in doubles. you will often want certain EV spreads to live special things.

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    even though there are a ton of commonly used pokemon like hitmontop and metagross.
    but there are so many more sets to explore that are viable. did you know that smogon has sets for doubles? that really isn't to accurate because they use 252/252/4 sets... >.> which usually aren't all that viable in doubles. you will often want certain EV spreads to live special things.
    Does Smogon have rules and clauses for doubles? Because if swift swim+drizzle clause exists there, it stops a MAJOR sweeper. I'm serious. It would actually work to use 252 spec atk/ 252 speed/ 4 hp on a doubles team for kingdra. It would destroy everything.
    hehe

... they dont have smogon rules for doubles... they use VGC rules. you can use swift swim etc.
    that is actually very easy to counter for me... >.>
    sandstorm teams with a good zapdos, thunderus or rotom (not heat form) destroy them. usually...

... they dont have smogon rules for doubles... they use VGC rules. you can use swift swim etc.
    that is actually very easy to counter for me... >.>
    sandstorm teams with a good zapdos, thunderus or rotom (not heat form) destroy them. usually...
    To me, it doesn't make sense theoretically but what does that matter lol
    You are more experienced than me at this. I need to get some competitive double battling in so that I know what I'm talking about xD
    hehe

i can battle you anytime over break~!
    or right now after i battle another one of my friends
    if you want i can help you learn some if you want :3

Quote Originally Posted by Shinytaifood View Post
    To me, it doesn't make sense theoretically but what does that matter lol
    You are more experienced than me at this. I need to get some competitive double battling in so that I know what I'm talking about xD
    There are tutors here (I think) that can help you, feel free to request help from them. There really should be Double and Triple Battle Clan Wars...

i can battle you anytime over break~!
    or right now after i battle another one of my friends
    if you want i can help you learn some if you want :3
    I can see you tried REALLY hard to not make that a one-liner. XD

Anyway....

New Topic: What is your favorite Fire-Type Pokemon to use in Double Battles?

(Please be descriptive and explain your sets thoroughly if you wish to share them.)

EDIT: Also, I think we should make some form of topic that should always be in effect. Any ideas? (Be descriptive.)
    Last edited by White_Roar~; 20th December 2012 at 9:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

there is going to be an academy that chinghcar is working on. it will be for people who want to learn about doubles.
    it will be on the third post when it goes up~! so make sure you sign up when it comes up! :3
    i think that a club war could be interesting... but how would we decide on making the battle type?

there is going to be an academy that chinghcar is working on. it will be for people who want to learn about doubles.
    it will be on the third post when it goes up~! so make sure you sign up when it comes up! :3
    i think that a club war could be interesting... but how would we decide on making the battle type?
    I said CLAN War....

Repostin'....

Quote Originally Posted by Gothic-Gothorita View Post

There are tutors here (I think) that can help you, feel free to request help from them. There really should be Double and Triple Battle Clan Wars...

Anyway....

(Please be descriptive and explain your sets thoroughly if you wish to share them.)

EDIT: Also, I think we should make some form of topic that should always be in effect. Any ideas? (Be descriptive.)

I'm also thinking that we should try to think of some "events" for this Club.

Like Contests, a Double-battling only POTW. (That would be awesome :P) etc.

we are gonna have a competition! i can't really think of how to do a pokemon of the week... because there are so many sets to use! xD
    it would be hard to tackle all the viable moves and sets. but i could try if you like :3
    i wouldn't do EV's... that would literally kill me! >:P
    i think i am going against someone who is using a physical wall jolt eon xD my garchomp earthquake didn't KO.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn FPBC POTW Idea
    i posted my suggestion on the thread. We should have RNG decide usually or if there's something special like this week, we can do a special pokemon. Like Blaziken.

Also, if we're doing POTW, I have this idea where:

1. People give sets for a particular pokemon (first 4 days of the week)
    2. Everyone votes for the best set (last three days)
    3. The best set goes to maybe like a gallery or somethig
    Do you guys think this would work for Club Double Trouble? I'm doing the same for FPBC. It would be easy to calculate and organize things.

The Gallery would be on the 4th! Post in which I would have control of to edit once a POTW is finished.

that sounds really fun actually~! i will probably announce that some time later
    the people with damage calculators will be better though... >.<
    i can't find ANY! my silverlight doesn't really work... >_> so if anyone knows one IN THE BROWSER could someone tell me? x)

Here they are:

Psypokes IV Calculator: http://www.psypokes.com/dex/iv.php
    Psypokes Stat Calculator: http://www.psypokes.com/dex/stats.php
    Psypokes Hidden Power Calculator: http://www.psypokes.com/dex/hp.php

Serebii IV Calculator: http://www.serebii.net/games/iv-calcdp.shtml

I'll put these on the 4th Post when the POTW event has fully opened.

Any other questions anyone?

All ideas, suggestions, inquires, for the Club Double Trouble POTW are to go to me via VM/PM. If it concerns, the entire Club and not just the POTW, feel free to ask here.

Thank You!

EDIT: Ok, ok, the Damage Calculator is Gen IV :P

Try this one: (Look around it. It IS a damage Calculator. But, it is imported with options to switch between calculators.)

http://www.teamdimensional.net/calctest.php
    Last edited by White_Roar~; 20th December 2012 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothic-Gothorita View Post

Anyway....

I would certainly be willing to tutor people in doubles. I've been playing doubles ever since the 2009 VGC nationals, and my VGC 2009 team has even beaten an ubers team in doubles. And I would agree to potentially having a doubles clan war. Maybe your clan could war against Psychotic Revolution under VGC format when both of our clans have launched and have full war teams.

As for the topic, Chandelure has to be my favorite, even though I also kinda hate the thing. It's great for setting up Trick Room and sweeping with its base 145 special attack. It can also shut down TR teams with Imprison, and it can pretty much kill most TR users with Shadow Ball.

Made by Tini (FrozenConstellation).
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Wow, mention Liepard, and everyone's active. I should do this more often.

Quote Originally Posted by drizzleboy12 View Post
    Yeah they raised the amount of money from 350$ to 700$ at regionals.

Also is anyone going to virginia regionals?
    Yeah im going, as it's the only one i can go to each year...(lives in VA)
    ....They actually give money at regionals..besides travel funds?

I love the idea of the POTW and I'm willing to help and share my (not so awesome xD) knowledge of Double Battles

About the topic, favourite Fire type for doubles is Typhlosion. Once I get my hands on a Flash Fire one it'll be amazing :P

I run a special sweeping set:

Typhlosion@Choice Specs
    Timid (252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP)
    Eruption
    Heat Wave
    Focus Blast
    Solarbeam

This is to use on a sun team of course. The idea is just spam those hyper boosted Eruptions. Because sunlight and Choice Specs make those really really powerful and Typhlosion is fast enough to pull that off. Also, Specs boosted Solarbeam is a pain for Rain and Sand teams that have those annoying Water/Rock/Ground types. I use this together with Tailwind support to avoid nasty surprises from Garchomp, Terrakion and friends. Instead, one may run Choice Scarf, but then Eruption will fail some much needed OHKOes. Fire Gem is an option too because it lets you change moves, but then Eruption will only be powerful once and the second time won't be enough. My team is built in order to make this work, and it works great.

Spoiler:- Friend Code and Safari Info:

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W47 L20

*Credit to Astral Shadow from The Under for the userbar*

Sorry for posting this a bit late, as school as been busy around the holidays now (if you can believe that) and I have been swamped with other things to do.

*Kyurem* you still gotta change you post
    Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Okay then. Remove me from this club then. First, I get a message because I'm not active, now when I am, my posts aren't right. Just take me off the member list so I don't have to deal with this.
    I do not want to deal with this either. I thought a club discussion would be fun now and then when I am active with other VGC battlers, but these strict rules take the fun out of it. This is why I recommended the xat. It's not only for Clans you know?! I'm just gonna leave this club. It was fun, but there wasn't really any interaction besides the discussion. Goodbye.

- *Kyurem*

Spoiler:- Credits:

the pokemon of the week is one i chose... then everyone tries to make sets for it...
    TOPIC: when the POTW comes on what should it be? give some suggestions of interesting pokemon! or common pokemon with large diversity.

the pokemon of the week is one i chose... then everyone tries to make sets for it...
    TOPIC: when the POTW comes on what should it be? give some suggestions of interesting pokemon! or common pokemon with large diversity.
    I actually have an idea.

Every week for a month let's take March.

See this is how we'll do it:

1st Week of March: We decide on a Pokemon by a certain theme. Then we begin to vote for a Pokemon sent to me via PM.
    2nd Week of March: The POTW (Pokemon of the Week) has been chosen. Then we begin to collaborate the thread with movesets and descriptions for the first 4 days of the 2nd week. The last 3 days will be where we see the best sets, choose the No. 1 best set from them then, post it on the 4th Post as the POTW.

The cycles starts over again in the 3rd and 4th Week of March.

why show them to YOU? xD
    anyway update!!!!
    the one-liner posts have been cleared up with me... i now understand what they mean. a one liner is a post that doesn't have to literally be 2 lines or more. but the post has to have substantial meaning to you, and others. but a post like:
    "i really like ____" is not meaningful.
    if you would like to say something like that elaborate please. it will save the club from being banned. THANK YOU~

Does this count as an announce Kent 'cause I'm going to post it now if it does...
    Also I could do the POTW as I think it would be good to students in the academy to try and come up with their own sets, it wouldn't be restricted to just them of course. Also if anyone wants to be attorney VM me.

when the POTW comes on what should it be? give some suggestions of interesting pokemon! or common pokemon with large diversity.
    Maybe we could have a poll... like you put up 5 pokemons or so and the members vote to choose the POTW and then... yeah we could share some sets.
    I think it would be fair that way instead of each one say a different pokemons and then you'd choose a random one
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble

Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

Quote Originally Posted by KuzKan View Post
    Maybe we could have a poll... like you put up 5 pokemons or so and the members vote to choose the POTW and then... yeah we could share some sets.
    I think it would be fair that way instead of each one say a different pokemons and then you'd choose a random one
    That's a good idea actually...
    Also the academy is open register if you want to be trained up.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingchar View Post
    That's a good idea actually...
    Also the academy is open register if you want to be trained up.
    I dont think i will register for now, since you are the only tutor and theres people who know less then me and need more help it would be time consuming for you.
    Train them well sir... train them well x)
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble

Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

Quote Originally Posted by KuzKan View Post
    I dont think i will register for now, since you are the only tutor and theres people who know less then me and need more help it would be time consuming for you.
    Train them well sir... train them well x)
    *butts in*

actually there's 2 now.

btw anyone planning on going to the winter regionals?

I am going! I am getting my team ready now for Virginia.

Credit to me

Page 25 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast