Page 26 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalNinetales View Post
    *butts in*

actually there's 2 now.

btw anyone planning on going to the winter regionals?
    I wish i could participate in VGC's meh
    In Portugal we dont have that unfortunatly and i dont have money to spend on ticket plains <.<
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble

Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

does anyone know when the rankings are announced for the global link tourney?
    i thought that they were today...
    .__.
    add me for tutors :3
    imma teach IDHD over break~!
    Last edited by joej m; 21st December 2012 at 7:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    does anyone know when the rankings are announced for the global link tourney?
    i thought that they were today...
    .__.
    add me for tutors :3
    imma teach IDHD over break~!
    I thought I was teaching him...
    Are the regionals the ones that are well in buildings and not over WIFI? If it is one at a exhibition centre or something then I'm going.
    Last edited by Chingchar; 21st December 2012 at 10:27 PM.

As soon as you get back online you must change your last post chingchar~ it is a one liner...
    anyway does anyone have any ideas for a POTW?

As soon as you get back online you must change your last post chingchar~ it is a one liner...
    anyway does anyone have any ideas for a POTW?
    did you rea mine?
    making a little poll with all the ideas fir the POTW and then we would vote and make sets for the winner poke xD

no i meant for the pokemon that we do~!
    the way it will work is the club decides on the pokemon, and then once we have the pokemon we will all make different sets. the most viable one will win! ^^; and then i will post it.

no i meant for the pokemon that we do~!
    the way it will work is the club decides on the pokemon, and then once we have the pokemon we will all make different sets. the most viable one will win! ^^; and then i will post it.

yes i know, but will you ramdomly choose one of the ideas?
    i thaught it would be better gather all ideas in a poll and then people choose his/hers favourite and then the one with most votes would be the one who we would make sets to, and then choose the winner... choosing it randomly... idk :/

Well, I'll stand by my battle principles and suggest underrated stuff like Typhlosion, Sawsbuck and Tornadus, as well as the more common Ninetales that can have a handful of different sets and it's a very interesting analysis to be done.

But I agree with KuzKan, we should select 5 or 6 and then vote for one.
    Last edited by Fire Hero; 21st December 2012 at 11:34 PM.

Spoiler:- Friend Code and Safari Info:

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W48 L20

Quote Originally Posted by Chingchar View Post
    I thought I was teaching him...
    Are the regionals the ones that are well in buildings and not over WIFI? If it is one at a exhibition centre or something then I'm going.
    yeah, regionals are in buildings.
    it's fun cause you actually meet the people you're battling.
    Last edited by CrystalNinetales; 22nd December 2012 at 2:54 PM.

@joej m and Chingchar: I should remind ye both, successful tutoring is to be done by many people not only one.... My Competitive Battling Speech explains it all. I wrote it myself, I advise ye to read it. Here it is. Tell me what ye think:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When you make a team or Pokemon you have to test it out a lot of times. It doesn't matter if you win or lose. When you lose you experience something. If you win too much, you will never learn anything.

I mean you're not just going to make a Great and Super Effective Team on the get and go, you need to learn from experience and find out the way you battle and which Pokemon work for you. Feel free to listen to experts who have experienced/devised different tactics and battle styles. Or you can try even people who are also learning. There are various options that you have. You just have to figure out how to use them. A Pokemon Trainer/Breeder/Ranger or Competitive Battler masters a variety of arts in order to keep their mind sharp and fluent. It is important to draw wisdom from various sources/people. This wisdom can be defined as Positive Energy and Negative Energy. Yin and Yang, Black and White, Push and Pull, Good and Evil... You may not know what is Positive Wisdom or Negative Wisdom when you hear it. But if you only draw wisdom from one location, it becomes rigid and stale. Understanding Positive Wisdom and Negative wisdom will help you better understand how to battle competitively and what to do in battle. And feel free to make whichever movesets work for you and that match your team. When in battle, figure out how to use your surroundings and identify your opponent! Make your surroundings fight for you! An Example would be if you're using a Nidoqueen and battling against a Swanna. Now say if the Swanna uses Rain Dance, you can use the surrounding rain to launch a 100% Accuracy Thunder! Use your surroundings, manipulate them to your advantage. Before beginning a battle, you only have an instant to take everything in. Use your mind wisely as it is your greatest weapon!

Learn the way you battle and how to succeed. Develop your battle style, try it out and connect to it.

If you have doubts about a team that you're making, don't give up believe in yourself, the team will turn out in the way you want it to be. If it doesn't then you may have to switch around some Pokemon. And use whichever Pokemon, moves, held items, abilities, natures, and have whatever EVs that you think are the best and the ones that are your favorite along with the Pokemon that work for you. Of course every team is weak to something. But that's just what you're going to have to deal with. Keep testing out the team until it's perfect in your way. Don't give up on a team. Your Pokemon are an extension of yourself. Like your friends and family, you are all connected. Similar to a Samurai and his Sword. You need to bond with your Pokemon to understand how to battle and succeed. Just as a Samurai is to connect with his sword. A Samurai's Sword is not just a Sword, it is an extension of himself. If he uses the Sword correctly and does not abuse it's strength, he can do anything with it. Like how if you have made a complete Bond and Connection with your Pokemon, then you will never lose in battle. You may fail to win a battle but you can never lose. In order to bond with your Pokemon you have to utilize all of your Pokemon on the team Strengths and Weaknesses to your advantage and for it to work for you. Remember, you cannot take back a stroke of the sword, or the Attack or Move of a Pokemon... In the end, you will be satisfied with your team(s). It is bitter work, but the results, are overwhelming...

That is the way to become a true competitive battler.

The way of Competitive Pokemon does not belong to any particular sort of people, the knowledge and the arts of Competitive Pokemon belongs to us all...

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

I finally found my 3DS with my black 2! ...

I can finally battle >3>...xD

does anybody want to?
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

i can't battle right now... but i will for the next week and a half while i am on break~!
    imma beat you this time... .__.

no one has any ideas for a POTW?
    CrystalNinetales you have 5 minutes to change you one-liner post until you are reported unless you get offline. if you are offline now as soon as you get online you MUST change it.

no one has any ideas for a POTW?
    I suggested some ideas but I'm getting a little bit confused here. What you want is to randomly select a Pokémon and give out sets and then vote for the "most viable" set? I'm sorry but that is terribly wrong and its the first step to lose. There are no "most viable" sets. There is a "most viable set for MY team". I'll give you an example for Ninetales: she can go all out as an attacker, she can be defensive as she's your weather wizard and you want her to survive, she can be an annoyer with Confuse Ray, Will-O-Wisp and/or Imprision+Protect (which can be really useful sometimes). You can't say that one of these sets is more viable than the other. It depends on your team's needs AND your playing style.

I'll give you an example. I battled someone in the Winter Tournament that used a Cresselia and a Suicune. I predicted (correctly) a Trick Room strategy, so I taunted Cresselia. Then I KOed those two and what comes there? A Choice Scarf Tyranitar and a Landorus. Then why would Trick Room be used? Why do you put Trick Room on Cresselia if your team is fast? The answer is simple: someone said that's the "most viable" set, so everyone uses it even if it doesn't fit their strategy.

What I would suggest is to choose a Pokémon and provide all "viable" ideas/sets for it, based on each one's experience and thoughts, and then someone would organize the text and put it onto the first posts.
    Last edited by Fire Hero; 22nd December 2012 at 10:18 AM.

June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Hero View Post
    I suggested some ideas but I'm getting a little bit confused here. What you want is to randomly select a Pokémon and give out sets and then vote for the "most viable" set? I'm sorry but that is terribly wrong and its the first step to lose. There are no "most viable" sets. There is a "most viable set for MY team". I'll give you an example for Ninetales: she can go all out as an attacker, she can be defensive as she's your weather wizard and you want her to survive, she can be an annoyer with Confuse Ray, Will-O-Wisp and/or Imprision+Protect (which can be really useful sometimes). You can't say that one of these sets is more viable than the other. It depends on your team's needs AND your playing style.

I'll give you an example. I battled someone in the Winter Tournament that used a Cresselia and a Suicune. I predicted (correctly) a Trick Room strategy, so I taunted Cresselia. Then I KOed those two and what comes there? A Choice Scarf Tyranitar and a Landorus. Then why would Trick Room be used? Why do you put Trick Room on Cresselia if your team is fast? The answer is simple: someone said that's the "most viable" set, so everyone uses it even if it doesn't fit their strategy.

What I would suggest is to choose a Pokémon and provide all "viable" ideas/sets for it, based on each one's experience and thoughts, and then someone would organize the text and put it onto the first posts.
    I agree completely with Fire Hero
    Every team is different... well... besides the goodstuffs and rain people who use mostly the same things but either way lots of people have lots of different playstyles
    Would be more beneficial post a few good sets to help everyone that choose only one in the end and only help 1 person or two :/

quick question:
    do any of you use custom EV's specifically for your team?
    because if you dont then these custom sets we are talking about just dont work :P
    252/252/4 setup is predictable, and easy to counter.

quick question:
    because if you dont then these custom sets we are talking about just dont work :P
    yeah i used some on darmanitan; victreebel and lilligant
    The others espite not beeing 252/252/4 the spreads are simple so i wouldnt put them in the advanced part
    But even if very predictable what does it matter? if your team needs a max spa and max spe pokemon and with 4 hp evs is able to survive one more hit then... let them predict everything. It all depends on the pokemon, if your pokemon has those 2 ev stats maxed an that allows him to hit everything hard and fast then he wont take any damage so why bother with ome advanced spreads? Of course there are pokemons that have different jobs in your team and for fragile pokemon or pokemons you dont wanna lose no matter what but you still wanna outspeed some oponents or still hit hard then yes... an advance ev spread would be awesome if used right.
    My point is... predictable or not, if used right any ev spread will work well for you
    (i've been reading some guides and stuff like that about spreads actually but i forget everything after 10 minutes xD)

yeah but if you run a 4 hp/252 sp attack/252 speed zapdos, it won't live anything. since most people assume people are running a set like this then they will attack it and think a KO is coming.
    my zapdos can take a timid draco meteor with dragon gem like a boss. and can take various rock slides. certain pokemon need it basically. like a latios should always have max speed and sp attack because it is just amazing that way.

quick question:
    That's not true on WiFi because a lot of Pokémon aren't flawless.

What do you mean by custom EV's? An EV spread never suggested before? Because I use very straight forward EV spreads and they work on my team. And I guarantee that my team is nothing close to being "common". And 252/252/4 is predictable? In what stats? Is it HP and Attack or SpAtk and Speed? I just can't agree on that...

Let's not be close-minded, there is more to Pokémon Battles than just using goodstuffs with standard sets. That's what I hate about smogon... They treat every player as the same close-minded robot that follows the same guidelines as everyone else and uses the same stuff as everyone else.

i am not gonna try and say i am getter than all of you but...
    anyone wanna battle because i really wanna disprove that! ^^;
    none of my pokemon run EV's that have been used before

EDIT: i do use someone else's EV's for a garchomp... but they aren't a 252/252/4 setup.
    Last edited by joej m; 22nd December 2012 at 7:07 PM.

EDIT: i do use someone else's EV's for a garchomp... but they aren't a 252/252/4 setup.
    I can't battle now. But my point is that you can't say something doesn't work because it has a 252/252/4 EV spread. Each member of your team should be built in the way that it mostly serves your team. If that is with a straight-foward EV-spread so be it.

I don't care if I lose, as long as I feel that my team works. I'm always trying to get better but without changing my playstyle. If I battle you and you win then congrats, but I'm still not going to use Latios, Tyranitar and Hitmontop. Even if that makes me a loser. I play for fun, not for world recognition

Back to the POTW talk, even smogon has different sets for each Pokémon (and we all know how smogon loves "standard" stuff), so I think that we could do something close to what Serebii does. pick a Pokémon, discuss its strategy and its possible jobs and provide a few viable sets. I think we can't reduce everything to a single set for each Pokémon. Part of what makes Pokémon be what it is, is the number of possibilities that exist for training your team. Over 600 species, plus natures, moves, items. So many things...

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Hero View Post
    That's not true on WiFi because a lot of Pokémon aren't flawless.

What do you mean by custom EV's? An EV spread never suggested before? Because I use very straight forward EV spreads and they work on my team. And I guarantee that my team is nothing close to being "common". And 252/252/4 is predictable? In what stats? Is it HP and Attack or SpAtk and Speed? I just can't agree on that...

Let's not be close-minded, there is more to Pokémon Battles than just using goodstuffs with standard sets. That's what I hate about smogon... They treat every player as the same close-minded robot that follows the same guidelines as everyone else and uses the same stuff as everyone else.

Exactly!!!
    For example my ninetails... it runs 252/252/4 and its a boss xD
    it can take hydro pumps, it can take ewarthquakes, it can take close combats... nothing until now 1HKO'd it at least in the friendly
    but thats just what i said... deoends on what it gotta do in your team, zapdos is mostly to attack hard and make that annoying combo with chomp thats why people go for it right away, not because of its ev's O_O

I beat you before with my own custom sets apart from the Ludicolo that I used and your only 'better' then everyone is because you use RNGed pokemon and not pokemon that are bred and caught. I do not mean to be rude so of it sounds like it then I'm sorry. I am not saying that you are a bad battler I am merely saying, don't say that you are better then everyone because it makes you sound rather childish.

Well said Fire Hero, well said.

I totally agree with the rest of ye! I don't hate/loathe/despise/dislike Smogon but I just don't like how they treat Pokemon Battling and Pokemon themselves. I really don't like how they act like every single player is going to have Stealth Rock enough to just destory Charizard. And how they say "Solrock is a pretty bad Pokemon" I've never used Smogon sets. Whenever a discussion like this comes up, I always show my Competitive Battling Speech. It really helps because it's not telling you to not use Smogon. Many people misinterpreted this and thought it was a Anti-Smogon Speech. Anyway, let's not talk badly about Smogon. I don't want anyone to join here and judge us for this discussion. (Me Competitive Battlin' Speech is on page 32.)

Wait! Joey uses RNG'd Pokemon!!!??? :O I thought he bred them himself... I bred Flawless Pokemon meslef XDDDD That's what I like about Wi-Fi. Everyone Pokemon is not flawless, yet still can be Competitive. I like that it gives yer Pokemon some sort of personality. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

I love Smogon, it's a great resource to creating your own sets, especially for new competitive players.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothic-Gothorita View Post
    I totally agree with the rest of ye! I don't hate/loathe/despise/dislike Smogon but I just don't like how they treat Pokemon Battling and Pokemon themselves. I really don't like how they act like every single player is going to have Stealth Rock enough to just destory Charizard. And how they say "Solrock is a pretty bad Pokemon" I've never used Smogon sets. Whenever a discussion like this comes up, I always show my Competitive Battling Speech. It really helps because it's not telling you to not use Smogon. Many people misinterpreted this and thought it was a Anti-Smogon Speech. Anyway, let's not talk badly about Smogon. I don't want anyone to join here and judge us for this discussion. (Me Competitive Battlin' Speech is on page 32.)

Wait! Joey uses RNG'd Pokemon!!!??? :O I thought he bred them himself... I bred Flawless Pokemon meslef XDDDD That's what I like about Wi-Fi. Everyone Pokemon is not flawless, yet still can be Competitive. I like that it gives yer Pokemon some sort of personality. ^_^
    I don't know how to breed flawless Pokemon, nor do I have the patience for it...so yeah D8 I like experimenting with different combos and different moves not many people use, so yeah. :3
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

Page 26 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast