Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Raspberyl View Post
    Ok then, just curious, but what's everyone's least favorite Pokemon to face in Random Matchup/Competitive?
    As for me....Terrakion and Jellicent. They find a million and one ways to screw me over. ._.
    Probably Cresselia. It's a pain to get rid of, and it's always undoing my Trick Room at the worst possible times. I also almost lost a VGC tiebreaker against one of these things at nationals this past summer when it came down to my Heatran vs their Cresselia with hail chipping away at both Pokémon's HP.

Made by Tini (FrozenConstellation).
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Wow, mention Liepard, and everyone's active. I should do this more often.

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    NEW TOPIC! least favorite strategy to go against?
    I HATE Trick Room Teams. They completely destroy my Pokemon because they are all so fast while the opponents are usually slow, bulky, and hard hitting!

Spoiler:- Credits:

I hate cresselia! They take me a while to KO.

Credit to me

Least favourite strategy... Quad weather would be mine it's too unpredictable and annoying, although thankfully you don't see much of it

I bassically have only seen quad weather 2 times and only on PO. It too risky to bring to an event I would think...

I bassically have only seen quad weather 2 times and only on PO. It too risky to bring to an event I would think...
    it is very rare...I suspect that its a little too much. I'd go for double weather to be honest, because then you could switch between two weathers, and thats really all you need. The rest of the team could abuse those two weathers.

THough what do I know? xD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    it is very rare...I suspect that its a little too much. I'd go for double weather to be honest, because then you could switch between two weathers, and thats really all you need. The rest of the team could abuse those two weathers.

THough what do I know? xD
    yeah because you are a noob :P
    J.K.
    but most weather relies on speed, so a trick room would really destroy you.

yeah because you are a noob :P
    J.K.
    but most weather relies on speed, so a trick room would really destroy you.
    Exactly why Trick Room destroys my teams so much.

i always make sure i have one or two pokemon that counter trick room team on a team.

Topic change to: Choice Items

Choice items are less common in VGC because there are less switching. Some people say they are bad in VGC and gems are better, while some think they are very handy. Lets discuss!

Credit to me

it really depends on the pokemon. If it has bulk then a choice band or specs would be very viable, especially if they can learn trick, volt switch, or U-turn. Choice scarf is my favorite of the choice items. For pokemon like hydreigon and salamence, and haxorus, they are constantly outclassed by latios. which outspeeds them. But with the choice scarf, they really become menaces. and they won't be ready for it, because MOST people dont use choice scarf. also, on pokemon with trick, it is really useful because it can really make a trick room pokemon on their team useless. also volt switch and u-turn are great on these pokemon too!

Over all, i think that for most pokemon it really isn't worth putting a choice item on, but with certain conditions they are amazing!

@joej teh noob that beat you quite a few times in a row :P...

Quote Originally Posted by drizzleboy12 View Post

Choice items are less common in VGC because there are less switching. Some people say they are bad in VGC and gems are better, while some think they are very handy. Lets discuss!
    with the exception of choice scarf, the choice specs and choice band generally don't scream usefulness since gems give you the same boost for a certain times. You don't generally have an attacker that lasts that long unless they're already sweeping...its better to get that boost temporarily I'd guess. But it can still be useful, espcially if you have a wide range of moves and such.

scarf is different obviously though. lol if you still need to outspeed something, you still need to out speed something...it fufills the same job here, just it isn't needed as much. xD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

you beat me when i was a noob. :P but i dont know if you gotten better... I've gotten batter in battle but i am to great at making teams... >.<

Quote Originally Posted by drizzleboy12 View Post

I should probably take my choice scarf off Terrakion for the VGC then.... -.-

it really depends on the pokemon. i think that for most pokemon it really isn't worth putting a choice item on, but with certain conditions they are amazing!
    That's most certainly correct! I think Metagross + Choice Scarf/Band + Trick is a good choice combo. Whether or not you like scarf better or band better, it will last long until a Focus Band Volcarona or a fast/bulky Ninetails comes out. Other than that, it will be hard to fail you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingchar View Post
    I should probably take my choice scarf off Terrakion for the VGC then.... -.-
    why? choice scarf terrakion is actually quite viable!

@*kyurem* Ive never tried choice metagross. also i kinda wanna try trick room on it because there is no chance of it getting taunted! xD

-Start with: Hi, I am (trident) and I am/wish to become a competitive double battler!
    -Favorite VGC Pokémon and why meinshao cuz its a boss
    -Favorite Pokémon chandelure/oshawott/pikachu
    -Why you like double battles fun, hard
    -Any job you want to do (if you are trustworthy at your job your “power” in the clan will increase) mod?

In competitive battling yes but in the VGC ehhhh... I suppose I could always try choice band and rock slide >:3

Quote Originally Posted by trident20 View Post
    -Start with: Hi, I am (trident) and I am/wish to become a competitive double battler!
    -Favorite VGC Pokémon and why meinshao cuz its a boss
    -Favorite Pokémon chandelure/oshawott/pikachu
    -Why you like double battles fun, hard
    -Any job you want to do (if you are trustworthy at your job your “power” in the clan will increase) mod?
    Denied! you will be accepted and given power as mod once you fill it out right! it said it must be in paragraph!
    @chingchar: the ever so common latios will outspeed and KO it...
    Last edited by joej m; 3rd December 2012 at 11:40 PM.

lol
    sup yall im trident...........i like to double battle with mienshoa cuz hes awesome.
    i think ma favorite pokemans are chandelure/ green oshawotts/ pikachus

i havent double battled in awhile because people use cheep pokemon like cressilia and thundurus.

but im back now.

sup?!

... i guess that is a paragraph... lol
    welcome! everyone trident is a mod! i asked him ahead of time and he accepted it!

Quote Originally Posted by trident20 View Post

i havent double battled in awhile because people use cheep pokemon like cressilia and thundurus.

but im back now.

sup?!
    Oh Thundurus is cheap is he? *evil glare*

@ Chingchar But choice scarf lets you out speed latios and KO it with X-scissors.

@*kyurem* I don't like trick on metagross I prefer all offensive moves like Ice punch, meteor mash, bullet punch, zen headbut/earthquake.

Credit to me

Quote Originally Posted by Chingchar View Post
    Oh Thundurus is cheap is he? *evil glare*
    hes the definition of cheep

i try to use cool pokemon

Trident can you give us an example of 'cool pokemon'?

Credit to me

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast