Page 30 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

Quote Originally Posted by zozo View Post
    Hmm... well, I think I'll take a shot at joining. Looks like a fun, friendly club. ^^ So, here we go:

Hello, I'm zozo. About the only competitive play I engage in is VGCs format, so I think it's safe to say that I'm a competitive doubles player. My favourite Pokemon in VGCs? Huh, that's actually kind of tricky, since there are a bunch of them that have really been outstanding to me, but if I can only choose one favourite it would have to be Lickilicky. Some of the members here might be familiar with my Lickilicky, Berry Pie, who has been a staple on my team ever since he was bred for a tournament several months back. He's a perfect answer to weather of any kind, he tanks hits well, dishes them out equally well, and has excellent coverage. I have very few battles these days where he doesn't make an appearance. As for my favourite Pokemon of all time, that's much easier. It used to be Sableye for years, but then Eelektross came out. Everything about Eelektross is amazingly cool. Great design, beautiful colours, nice shiny form, excellent typing, useful ability, great moveset, and very workable stats to top it off. I enjoy the double battle style for several reasons. First, my first Pokemon game was Gale of Darkness, which is done entirely in the doubles format, so playing doubles now comes naturally to me. Then, there's the fact that, even though battles are often much faster than in Singles, there's more room to make mistakes in Doubles. I still have a lot to learn about battling, so it's nice that I'm able to make a few mistakes in each battle without it costing me the way it might in Singles. When 2 Pokemon are out and you're giving 2 orders at once, it's okay if one of those orders was a completely boneheaded one, because the other still has a chance of helping you get a win. Finally, I just find Doubles to be much more fun because of the many different kinds of strategies it lets you play with. There's always something new to try! And since there are no jobs that I particularly want to do, that concludes my application. Hope that worked! n_n
    Accepted!

XD This reminds me way back when I accepted ye in FPBC.... Good times....

Anyway Welcome to Club Double Trouble! I'm a Moderator here! Enjoy your stay! n_n

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

All right, that was quick! Thanks guys! ^^

And funny you should say that, Ducklett. When I refreshed the page and saw that you posted I thought "huh. Deja vu!" xD

Well, as regards to the topic, my favourite VGC Pokemon in shiny form would have to be...

This guy. I mean, come on! They're purple. That's auto-win, right? Besides, Amoonguss has a brilliant supporting movepool as well as access to some nice attacking moves and great defenses. I think one of the proudest moments of my battling career was seeing Truffle the Amoonguss absorb a Dragonite's Hurricane with yellow health left over. And now that Regenerator has been released, just watch this thing decay teams left and right, fungus style!

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

I haven't been active in a while, I guess I'm useless here since no one comes to me for IV breeding needs.

Shiny VGC? Thundurus-T, it has my favorite blue shade and it's sp attack from a Choice Scarf can dent anything not named resisted by like Gastrodon.

this is an interesting topic...
    because in VGC almost any pokemon can be viable.
    so i can't really answer this other than any shiny pokemon that is gold >

id have to say swellow, as it looks pro shiny.
    AND outspeeds most of the ones in VGC and can OHKO them.

So, I've been given to understand that we are to vote on the tournament ideas?
    In that case, my first choice for a tournament is mono colour (anyone who knows me knows that I've got an obsession for colour, and I have made colour-themed teams before)
    And my second choice is mono region. That sounds like a good way to expand on the types of Pokemon I use, and force me to go outside my comfort zone a bit. Random sounds like it would be a good learning experience too, but I think finding the best of different regions sounds a little more fun. n_n

My Youtube battle videos

ok great! the tourney will be announced so soon!

@your boss. once the tourney type is announced i will really need some pokemon if you are up to it~!

Quote Originally Posted by zozo View Post

Well, as regards to the topic, my favourite VGC Pokemon in shiny form would have to be...

This guy. I mean, come on! They're purple. That's auto-win, right? Besides, Amoonguss has a brilliant supporting movepool as well as access to some nice attacking moves and great defenses. I think one of the proudest moments of my battling career was seeing Truffle the Amoonguss absorb a Dragonite's Hurricane with yellow health left over. And now that Regenerator has been released, just watch this thing decay teams left and right, fungus style!
    mine always die really quickly.
    drizzle are you done my team? i would like to have a cool working team

anyway what is the best set for amoongus?

amoongus I would say

Amoongus @ Chesto berry/Sitrus berry/yache berry
    EVs: 252 HP 84 Def 172 SDef
    Sassy nature
    -Rage powder
    -Giga drain
    -Protect/rest
    -Spore

Lets it tank a zenheadbut from metagross, a psychic from latios, or a psyshock from a latios.

I am busy trident I have to prepare for regionals which is in 3 weeks.

Credit to me

Quote Originally Posted by drizzleboy12 View Post
    amoongus I would say

Amoongus @ Chesto berry/Sitrus berry/yache berry
    EVs: 252 HP 84 Def 172 SDef
    Sassy nature
    -Rage powder
    -Giga drain
    -Protect/rest<=======why rest?
    -Spore

Lets it tank a zenheadbut from metagross, a psychic from latios, or a psyshock from a latios.

I am busy trident I have to prepare for regionals which is in 3 weeks.

i like this set.
    3 weeks is a long time lol

this aint a one linner i asked why rest. i never use rest in doubles except for cressilia. so its kinda like i have two cressilias lol
    Last edited by trident20; 29th December 2012 at 10:24 PM.

trident that is a one liner. you have 5 minutes to change it before getting reported~! NM
    thank you.
    but i must agree that set it quite a great one. especially with the addition to rest... it must suck to get it to restore its health fully! D:
    EDIT: ok... i didn't realize that but next time could you please say in your post you highlighted your question?
    Last edited by joej m; 29th December 2012 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    trident that is a one liner. you have 5 minutes to change it before getting reported~! NM
    thank you.
    but i must agree that set it quite a great one. especially with the addition to rest... it must suck to get it to restore its health fully! D:
    EDIT: ok... i didn't realize that but next time could you please say in your post you highlighted your question?OK i will
    like thissss???
    sorry for this question lol but how do you cross a line through words??

anyway i think that a good partner for amoongus in zapdos, but thats just me. also i think hitmontop would work with fake out spore combo

fake out spore is so simple...
    .__. i personally can only find the use for amoongus with trick room up because of its awful speed stat.
    how would zapdos work well?
    EXPLAIN!!!
    also put [s*] your words [/s] but remove the * in it to make the crossed out words.

i get it now

well if rain is up you lose your fire weakness and zapdos can abuse thunder, also it can destroy flying types that would otherwise beat amoongus.
    also another good partner is tyranitar thanks to his coverage and destroying cressilias in trick room

Quote Originally Posted by trident20 View Post
    like thissss???
    sorry for this question lol but how do you cross a line through words??

anyway i think that a good partner for amoongus in zapdos, but thats just me. also i think hitmontop would work with fake out spore combo
    dude that is half my team xD

joej m amoongus works great as a TR counter:P

Credit to me

when i say it works well in trick room i am implying it works well as a counter...
    lol i am going against someone who is using an in game team!!! all level 25's!! xD
    good luck brave soul :P

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    I haven't been active in a while, I guess I'm useless here since no one comes to me for IV breeding needs.

Shiny VGC? Thundurus-T, it has my favorite blue shade and it's sp attack from a Choice Scarf can dent anything not named resisted by like Gastrodon.
    Funny, I gave my thundurus a grass gem and grass knot for those damn bulky pokemon. Especially rhyperior and gastrodon. Hits hard as i had a problem with them.
    Shiny vgc has to be hydreigon.it looks wy better, destroys. One butal pokemon.

why would you need a grass gem on your thundurus?
    grass knot already KO's a rhyperior and gastrodon with ease... rindo berry always gets in the way but the last pokemon can clean up with that.

why would you need a grass gem on your thundurus?
    grass knot already KO's a rhyperior and gastrodon with ease... rindo berry always gets in the way but the last pokemon can clean up with that.
    I really just like the power. Plus it does amazing damage to ttar under sand, cause i can't get rid of sand, since i use sand myself.

I don't think grass knot KO's gastridon... because its base power is 20 on gastridon. But it does KO rhyperier because he is so heavy.

Credit to me

Quote Originally Posted by drizzleboy12 View Post
    I don't think grass knot KO's gastridon... because its base power is 20 on gastridon. But it does KO rhyperier because he is so heavy.
    65.9lb lands it safely in the 60 bp zone for grass knot, 120 for SE damage, plus whtever for grass gem, aroung 180 bp, 90 with rindo
    This is very good, as they are very anoying, but i have a better plan. Just added skill swap to my cresselia, so now she can wreak havoc, prankster from thundurus, storm drain from gastro, etc.
    Last edited by philzone; 30th December 2012 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post
    65.9lb lands it safely in the 60 bp zone for grass knot, 120 for SE damage, plus whtever for grass gem, aroung 180 bp, 90 with rindo
    This is very good, as they are very anoying, but i have a better plan. Just added skill swap to my cresselia, so now she can wreak havoc, prankster from thundurus, storm drain from gastro, etc.
    lol my mistake I was thinking about rotom-W xD But I still don't think it KOs without grass gem also maybe with a life orb you can KO it.

Credit to me

Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post
    I was only recently talking to someone about Pokemon with crappy abilities like Defeatist and making the most of them with Skill Swap, and that's when I noticed that Cresselia does in fact get this move. Why haven't I seen it more often? Cress has the ability to tank like no one's business, and being able to swap her somewhat okay Levitate with her partner or her opponents ability would make her even more annoying and possibly difficult to take down than normal. I do think I need to try that. It sounds like fun! Have you been able to try it out in battles yet, or have you just now added the move to her?
    Last edited by zozo; 31st December 2012 at 1:03 AM.

My Youtube battle videos

this technique has been pretty popular actually.
    notably with the second place winner of the 2012 worlds.
    his team was super cool. he had an executor in it which is awesome right there.
    But skill swap was huge in his team. he had a heatran and cresselia. cresselia often first turn skill swapped on heatran getting rid of the devastating ground weakness it gets. making heatran a complete defensive beast.

I watched another battle of his earlier today... he used a wabafet and kicked BUT! xD shadow tag was awesome. here is the battle i watched:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBsXU07q6yc

this technique has been pretty popular actually.
    notably with the second place winner of the 2012 worlds.
    his team was super cool. he had an executor in it which is awesome right there.
    But skill swap was huge in his team. he had a heatran and cresselia. cresselia often first turn skill swapped on heatran getting rid of the devastating ground weakness it gets. making heatran a complete defensive beast.

I watched another battle of his earlier today... he used a wabafet and kicked BUT! xD shadow tag was awesome. here is the battle i watched:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBsXU07q6yc

Really? I've not come across it at all. That sounds like a pretty sweet way to exploit that move! Sheesh, maybe it's time I made my peace with that blasted Cresselia and tried using one on a team of my own...

Wow, that was a pretty intense battle! Very cool way of manipulating Perish Song with Shadow Tag. Incidentally, that video illustrated why I hate Draco Meteor. Not only is it unreliable, but it's amazing how many Pokemon can actually survive a hit or even two from it, leaving you with a Dragon that has decreased special attack. Of course, considering how freaking common DM is, I realize that I'm completely in the minority with that opinion, lol!

My Youtube battle videos

Page 30 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast