Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 775 of 1656

Thread: Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

  1. #751
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    stalker much??? :P
    Posts
    324

    Default

    i personally love draco meteor...
    i usually will end up switching after i use it anyway so the pokemon can be used again.
    switching into an intimidate user or bulky pokemon would be ideal.

    oh btw the way that skill swap and heatran were used was usually leading with hitmontop. leading to them predicting a fake out. but then switches into heatran and brings hitmontop back. and then cresselia proceeds with the skill swap.
    the intimidate also immensely helped his heatran with other fighting types. i think he used a chople berry on heatran so he was able to tank hitmontops like a champ (i would assume) with chople and intimidate support.

  2. #752
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kicking some grass
    Posts
    340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    i personally love draco meteor...
    i usually will end up switching after i use it anyway so the pokemon can be used again.
    switching into an intimidate user or bulky pokemon would be ideal.

    oh btw the way that skill swap and heatran were used was usually leading with hitmontop. leading to them predicting a fake out. but then switches into heatran and brings hitmontop back. and then cresselia proceeds with the skill swap.
    the intimidate also immensely helped his heatran with other fighting types. i think he used a chople berry on heatran so he was able to tank hitmontops like a champ (i would assume) with chople and intimidate support.
    There is a report he did on nugget bridge, which my friend showed me, and it has wolfe glick's team analysed. (2nd place winner)
    Herehttp://nuggetbridge.com/reports/eggscelent-execution/. Have a look at it.

  3. #753
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    588

    Default

    I know, a lot of people do. I think I started despising it during one Triples match on random matchup. It was my in-game team vs. what I believe was his in-game team. His Hydreigon started targeting my Eelektross. 1 DM = Yellow health. I counter with Dragon Claw, getting Hydreigon into yellow health. Hydreigon shoots another DM at Eelektross, who survives with red health because of the Sp.A drop, and Eelektross finishes the monster with another Dragon Claw. I just sat there blinking thinking "Really? REALLY? A 3-headed monstrous dragon can't OHKO a fish with flaming asteroids?"

    I've never been able to take Draco Meteor seriously ever since, even when it's used by people who know what the heck they're doing. xD

    Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post
    There is a report he did on nugget bridge, which my friend showed me, and it has wolfe glick's team analysed. (2nd place winner)
    Herehttp://nuggetbridge.com/reports/eggscelent-execution/. Have a look at it.
    Huh, thanks for posting that! That was very interesting reading. Much more in-depth than the few articles I've read on Smogon. I really do think I'll have to SR for a nice Cresselia now, it sounds like she'll be a lot of fun to play with!

    Also, I never thought of using shininess as a tactical move. I always tended to be annoyed with people who RNGd full teams of shinies as just being showoffs (no offense to anyone here who might do that, of course). I never considered that people could actually do that in an attempt to work the timer to their own advantage. Fascinating!

    My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

    I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

  4. #754
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    stalker much??? :P
    Posts
    324

    Default

    TOURNAMENT RANKINGS:
    greed tournament: 7 points
    mono region tourney : 7 points
    BW2 VGC 2011 : 6 points
    Random tournament: 5 points
    Mono color tourney Tournament : 5 point

    the tourney results are in!!!
    since there is a tie...
    we could have one more vote over the next day. ONE DAY ONLY!!!

    anyway HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!
    btw zozo... check that website out for a lot of things. nugget bridge is basically the site to be on for competitive double battling. as well as team magma... but i dont know anything about them!
    i am voting for greed btw. the descriptions for all the tourneys are on the second post.
    please find a way to make it not a one liner. start a conversation or something in the same post. just dont say: "i want greed tourney"
    Last edited by joej m; 1st January 2013 at 6:46 AM.

  5. #755
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kicking some grass
    Posts
    340

    Default

    Mono reigon.
    My only concern with the greed tourney, is that we need a start amount of points. 10 points maybe. Because if you start on 0, you lose.

  6. #756
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post
    Mono reigon.
    My only concern with the greed tourney, is that we need a start amount of points. 10 points maybe. Because if you start on 0, you lose.

    You start with 3 so you have a chance to win some points again even if you lose, it wouldnt be much fun starting with 0 would it? xD
    I'll go with greed since i wanna test a new team and it doesnt fit mono region xD

    btw joe if the greed tournament is chosen depending on the number of players there should be a "winning line" that means whoever gets a certain number of points will win, because if theres 2 people remaining only this would last years xD when i hosted this there were 64 players so the max points were 50 iirc but you and drizzle can decide yourselves i guess... IF it is chosen xD
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble


    Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

  7. #757
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New Jersey! *fist pump*
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Hi everyone, my vote goes to Mono-region

    Anywayz, happy new year, and a bear a NEW TOPIC : What is your favorite item in the VGCs?

    Mine is probably Leftovers because it makes a pokemon bulky, last longer by gaining HP back, and is a good stall method


    my xat avvie (c) me
    {~Friend Safari : GHOST : Pumpkaboo | Golurk | Lampent~}
    {~Total self-caught shinies: 92~} {~Most recent shiny : shiny Heatran(OR SR)~}
    {~3DS FC : 4012-3813-9306 IGN Emii(Y version/OR version)~}

    Join TEF in the Guild section! Click here!

  8. #758
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    That way
    Posts
    6,775

    Default

    What's all this tourney jargon and why did no one tell me?

    My favorite VGC item (Isn't VGC item just like any item? If so what's the whole point of specifying them?) the Ring Target Life Orb, I don't give a damn on losing a bit of health, I like the risk-reward offer it provides.

  9. #759
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    stalker much??? :P
    Posts
    324

    Default

    the tournament that we were talking about for a long time.
    the two possibilities for the tourney are greed tourney and mono region. small descriptions of them are in the second post.
    also, when you say VGC, this is implying that we are talking about doubles.
    anyway my favorite item would have to be any berry that makes super affective moves weaker.
    i can take on conkeldurr mach punches and then completely own them! xD

  10. #760
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    196

    Default

    I am voting for mono tournament.

    Mine is sitrus berry. when your HP gets in the yellow zone you restore like 1/3rd of your HP which is really useful.

    Credit to me

  11. #761
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    That way
    Posts
    6,775

    Default

    And you never told me? I demand a recount this time with my votes!

    The berries are cool but I only use them on Tyranitar and my Thundurus since there weaknesses are quite common.

  12. #762
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    stalker much??? :P
    Posts
    324

    Default

    nope. EVERYTHING WAS IN THE POSTS. IT IS YOUR FAULT FOR NOT POSTING YOUR VOTE. END OF DISCUSSION.
    just so everyone remembers we are down to 2 tourneys to vote for.
    mono region and greed tourney. the descriptions are in the second post.
    and the points are on the bottom of the first post.

  13. #763
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The Zodiark Citadel
    Posts
    527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    nope. EVERYTHING WAS IN THE POSTS. IT IS YOUR FAULT FOR NOT POSTING. END OF DISCUSSION.
    just so everyone remembers we are down to 2 tourneys to vote for.
    mono region and greed tourney. the descriptions are in the second post.
    and the points are on the bottom of the first post.
    Wait, a bit of advice... Joey, that is not how a Club Leader is to handle things. You have to treat your members (including leaders) respectfully and equally. If there's a specific upcoming event it's your duty as the Club Leader or send your Moderators to tell your fellow Club members about it. You can't expect people to just automatically know about it, even if they do post in the Club.

    Now it's END OF DISCUSSION

    Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

  14. #764
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    stalker much??? :P
    Posts
    324

    Default

    well i made it clear in the rules that you should be active in the club... if you are active then you would see the tourney in the past 3+ pages. but i recall telling MANY people that the tourney is coming up.
    and if i forgot to tell you that kinda means that... i havent seen you in the club in forever and i forgot to tell you... i am sorry for everyone i missed... D:

  15. #765
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kicking some grass
    Posts
    340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KuzKan View Post
    You start with 3 so you have a chance to win some points again even if you lose, it wouldnt be much fun starting with 0 would it? xD
    I'll go with greed since i wanna test a new team and it doesnt fit mono region xD

    btw joe if the greed tournament is chosen depending on the number of players there should be a "winning line" that means whoever gets a certain number of points will win, because if theres 2 people remaining only this would last years xD when i hosted this there were 64 players so the max points were 50 iirc but you and drizzle can decide yourselves i guess... IF it is chosen xD
    I didn't see that on the description for it. Greed tourney sounds alot like monopoly, so a cap might be good, since it won't take forever.
    Fav item is leftys, since the gradual hp resore is good late game (1 on 1, gastro vs politoed, i won due to lefties)

  16. #766
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    196

    Default

    btw my brother wants to do mono region.

    joej m maybe we should do a re-vote... because some people forgot to vote or didn't know.

    Credit to me

  17. #767
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    stalker much??? :P
    Posts
    324

    Default

    ok. i have the vote count (old one).
    so we will continue with the old voting.
    all the types of tourneys are still open. and close on the 6th.
    if you voted for the original vote count dont vote again please.

  18. #768
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Kanto
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post
    I didn't see that on the description for it. Greed tourney sounds alot like monopoly, so a cap might be good, since it won't take forever.
    Fav item is leftys, since the gradual hp resore is good late game (1 on 1, gastro vs politoed, i won due to lefties)
    Leftys are better in singles for me.
    A greed tourney sounds very interesting.
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big. (Mod: As was having the water club)

    Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[
    Need someone to train your pokemon or breed for one ? I will do it.


  19. #769
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The Zodiark Citadel
    Posts
    527

    Default

    xDDD A Greed Tourney??

    Anyway, Let's not spam up the thread with re-counting votes. I "vote" that we should handle the tourney voting via PM from Members, in order to keep track of votes due to the ability to save PMs indefinitely in your PM inbox.


    EDIT: Never Mind Ignore this post, I can see a potential debate starting in a few hours X______X
    Last edited by White_Roar~; 2nd January 2013 at 9:31 PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

  20. #770
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothic-Gothorita View Post
    xDDD A Greed Tourney??

    Anyway, Let's not spam up the thread with re-counting votes. I "vote" that we should handle the tourney voting via PM from Members, in order to keep track of votes due to the ability to save PMs indefinitely in your PM inbox.

    well... its not spamming since the ones voting are people that didnt vote before xDD

    on topic: my fav item may be the gems, they can turn a "weak" pokemon into a god sometimes xD
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble


    Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

  21. #771
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KuzKan View Post
    well... its not spamming since the ones voting are people that didnt vote before xDD

    on topic: my fav item may be the gems, they can turn a "weak" pokemon into a god sometimes xD
    *nods* Yeah, if the people who voted before were able to make the posts non-spam, I'm sure people voting now can vote without spamming too. ^^

    And I have to say that my favourite items are the HP-restoring ones. So, Sitrus Berry, Leftovers, Black Sludge, Enigma Berry, and (for Poison Healers) Toxic Orb. Often, items like this extend your Pokemon's life by quite a high margin, especially Sitrus and Enigma berries. Being able to heal enough to take even one extra hit means my Pokemon can take that extra turn to set up or KO an opponent, and many times that's been what turns the tide of my battles. Enigma berry is a little tricky to use though, I find you pretty much have to put it on a Pokemon with common weaknesses so that the effect is triggered. It's done well on my Slowking for instance, but I wouldn't bother with it on my Lickilicky.

    My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

    I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

  22. #772
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    stalker much??? :P
    Posts
    324

    Default

    yeah it won't be spam.
    anyway i think we are ready for a new topic because no one is saying anything :P

    what is your opinion on rain? is it easy to use? hard to use? easy to beat? hard to beat?

    i personally find it pretty easy to deal with. they dont have much defensive synergy at all. all they focus on is outspending your team and getting fair coverage with pretty powerful pokemon.
    so many teams counter this. any other weather (including sun if played correctly). tailwind give rain a hard time because they really only work if they outspeed, and since tailwind works just like swift swim in a way it gets rid of the point of rain teams. trick room ruins it unless it has some slower pokemon. usually they run only one pokemon under or around base 60. usually being ferrothorn or scizor. in the rain they still can't take fire type moves so as long as you have a fire type you really shouldn't have a problem with it. on the other hand, if your team is not prepared for a rain team, they will easily 4-0 you making them one of the most dreaded teams to face.

    But they are definitely the easiest team to use. because you need little strategy. the only setup you need is getting the rain up. once you have that and your opponent can't counter the rain then you will be able to win.
    i remember having fun with a rain team when i was not as experienced.

    all in all i personally think that rain teams aren't all that great... >.>
    this is not a fact though. anyone can make a rain team with more defensive synergy, but most go the easy way out using teams that almost every other rain user has.

  23. #773
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Kanto
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    yeah it won't be spam.
    anyway i think we are ready for a new topic because no one is saying anything :P

    what is your opinion on rain? is it easy to use? hard to use? easy to beat? hard to beat?

    i personally find it pretty easy to deal with. they dont have much defensive synergy at all. all they focus on is outspending your team and getting fair coverage with pretty powerful pokemon.
    so many teams counter this. any other weather (including sun if played correctly). tailwind give rain a hard time because they really only work if they outspeed, and since tailwind works just like swift swim in a way it gets rid of the point of rain teams. trick room ruins it unless it has some slower pokemon. usually they run only one pokemon under or around base 60. usually being ferrothorn or scizor. in the rain they still can't take fire type moves so as long as you have a fire type you really shouldn't have a problem with it. on the other hand, if your team is not prepared for a rain team, they will easily 4-0 you making them one of the most dreaded teams to face.

    But they are definitely the easiest team to use. because you need little strategy. the only setup you need is getting the rain up. once you have that and your opponent can't counter the rain then you will be able to win.
    i remember having fun with a rain team when i was not as experienced.

    all in all i personally think that rain teams aren't all that great... >.>
    this is not a fact though. anyone can make a rain team with more defensive synergy, but most go the easy way out using teams that almost every other rain user has.
    Well, this is from my singles experience.
    I find them really easy to take down because I always take out their Politoed relatively easily and I take out the pokemon who know thunder first.
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big. (Mod: As was having the water club)

    Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[
    Need someone to train your pokemon or breed for one ? I will do it.


  24. #774
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    stalker much??? :P
    Posts
    324

    Default

    i always underestimate politoad and let it stay alive >.<
    i always take the kingdra or ludicolo out first because if i dont i keep thinking they will reck my team. even though if i take politoad out early i would easily win. since i run a sandstorm team i could take it out, then get the sand up. kingdra and ludicolo would be recked and useless basically... i gotta start doing this xD

  25. #775
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    196

    Default

    When I run sand I always start out with my cresselia and scizor using light screen and swords dance so my teams special defence is up and I can sweep with my scizor. and send in tyranitar after politoed is dead. Thats how I deal with them. But I like running them because they are fun. but when I run rain I never run swift swim users or thunder users because I think they are cheap but also because they are so easy to counter.

    Credit to me

Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •