Page 34 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    hey could you change it so it ends on the 9th? so we have exactly one weak for everything.
    @kuzkan you are probably right so we will do your idea or something similar
    I hope i didnt seem rude <.<
    i, like you, want this to go well... i think the club has the potential to have that kind of tournament, but analysing the activity of our members in the last days idk if its really possible for now thats why i said that :/ but i think it woul be fun playing in a tournament like that.
    i've hosted some tournaments of that kind, but again, it wasnt in pokemon and we had plenty of people online too

EDIT: idea for a topic? maybe what kind of team people will use in the tournament?
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble

Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

Quote Originally Posted by KuzKan View Post
    I hope i didnt seem rude <.<
    i, like you, want this to go well... i think the club has the potential to have that kind of tournament, but analysing the activity of our members in the last days idk if its really possible for now thats why i said that :/ but i think it woul be fun playing in a tournament like that.
    i've hosted some tournaments of that kind, but again, it wasnt in pokemon and we had plenty of people online too

EDIT: idea for a topic? maybe what kind of team people will use in the tournament?
    umm I am not sure yet... *cough* Drizzle*cough* I'm might use a sand

Credit to me

i am not gonna answer that because people would know how to counter it >_> i will say it isn't a good stuff team...

A region tournament should be fun. I made a team for singles and it worked quite well. I don't think it would work well in doubles, however... I'm not sure if I'll have the time for this tournament or not. If I do, I'll be sure to join.

EDIT: can someone make an xat for the club?
    If you can't, I can. I have made plenty in the past, and I think a chat would work quite well for this club.

Spoiler:- Credits:

Black Ice Xat
    Black Ice Youtube Channel

My Youtube Channel
    Battle videos and card pack openings

Soul Bound Studios Channel
    Destinies Divided (Star Wars fan fic) and Duster Brothers (original)

Serebii name: philzone
    In game user name: Phil
    In game friend code: 2581-1006-2053
    PS name(if you have one): p3ds
    PO name (if you have one):
    Region dex: johto Sinnoh (alot better =])

Nugget bridge server? Can you use the same log in from the smogon server?
    For showdown, I believe the teams are stored as cookies on your computer, and you can make a team, even as a guest, and battle I believe. I will check tomorrow

I'm choosing johto, but not for drizzle toad. There are a few reasons why I've chosen it. But if I elaborate, it gives the game away. sinnoh has better doubles capabilities, so I'm changing to sinnoh.
    Last edited by philzone; 8th January 2013 at 3:57 PM.

yeah. the nugget bridge server i think is the only one that supports doubles...
    i can send a link or put it in the first post if you can't find it.

The team I am currently using for this tourney is beastly. current testing on showdown has it winning quite well. It has a very good potential.
    It is a untidy mix of strategies, but it has very good development. Currently, has only lost twice, out of about 10 matches. Am using smogon's double battle system, but just cause there are more people to test against, and it has many flaws.

i think i am 7-3 with my team. it is surprising how well it works even though it is only pokemon from one generation. plus i am running two pokemon no one uses... other than a couple people. would you like a test battle philzone? i have PS. its cool if you dont because you might not want to reveal anything about your team.

@lord vader, could you actually create an xat and then put the link in a post please?
    Last edited by joej m; 7th January 2013 at 6:10 PM.

i think i am 7-3 with my team. it is surprising how well it works even though it is only pokemon from one generation. plus i am running two pokemon no one uses... other than a couple people. would you like a test battle philzone? i have PS. its cool if you dont because you might not want to reveal anything about your team.

@lord vader, could you actually create an xat and then put the link in a post please?
    Yeah will do. Quite a mix don't you agree? don't worry I'll probably change some stuff in the team, as am having a losing streak.
    Just made another johto mono gen team. different though
    Last edited by philzone; 7th January 2013 at 6:58 PM.

ok. just let me get ready... btw can you go on the nugget bridge server... i think that is the only one that supports VGC rules >.>

ok. just let me get ready... btw can you go on the nugget bridge server... i think that is the only one that supports VGC rules >.>
    Kk. am waiting. using the new team. the old team may be used, but, its going to be re-jigged around, for better synergy.

Xat complete. The URL is simple, so it shouldn't be hard to find: xat.com/club_double_trouble

Spoiler:- Credits:

Black Ice Xat
    Black Ice Youtube Channel

My Youtube Channel
    Battle videos and card pack openings

Soul Bound Studios Channel
    Destinies Divided (Star Wars fan fic) and Duster Brothers (original)

thank you!
    everyone! i am gonna put the link the in first post. so make sure you check it out!

i gotta stop beeing lazy meh
    i only have thought about 3 members for my team <.<
    I've never used this strategy in my life but i kinda like it and wynaut giving a chance? xD
    i'll try to finish the team this week so i can tet it at PS and adjust it so i can proceed to breed it and train it

Quote Originally Posted by KuzKan View Post
    i gotta stop beeing lazy meh
    i only have thought about 3 members for my team <.<
    I've never used this strategy in my life but i kinda like it and wynaut giving a chance? xD
    i'll try to finish the team this week so i can tet it at PS and adjust it so i can proceed to breed it and train it
    I'll battle you when you finished. Played joej m yesterday, and I lost 2-1. Going to sort out another new team.
    One question, are we only allowed to use one team, or can we have multiple in reserves?

You can have multiple teams.

Credit to me

Quote Originally Posted by drizzleboy12 View Post
    You can have multiple teams.
    thats other thing yu could consider for future tournaments i think...
    the tournaments i entered over the years and hosted in yu-gi-oh 2 of the rules we're no banned decks/cards (just like the ubers in pokemon) and you could not change your deck during the tournament.
    I dont really mind but since we are playing via wifi there's people that barely have 2/3 teams so it would only benefit some other ones
    In the friendly tournaments, and every other VGC tournamnt for that manner, we are only allowed one team thats why there are only use 4 pokemon instea of 6, so you can "change" your teams.
    one thing you could think about in the future is adding maybe 2 more pokemon if lot of people insiste in using more than one team (if you dont allow more than one of course).
    We would be implementing the side-decks in yu-gi-oh in pokemon.
    side-decks consiste in 15 extra cards you can change for other ones in your deck in between battles in a match, so... with the 2 sided pokemons alredy existent in the VGC mayve just ading two more?
    personally i dont mind if peoplke are able to change teams or not but as i said before it might be unfair to some who have not the time to breed/ev train/level so many pokemons.
    and i dont really care about the sided pokemons i just talked either btw xD i only think it would be kind of an option for the ones who want to use more than one team.

EDIT: i'm sorry for writing these stuff about the rules and for using yu-gi-oh examples but for me the both games can relate a lot o-o

And yeah philzone, we can battle when i finish the team x)

EDIT2: 6th Gen has been announced *w*
    Last edited by KuzKan; 8th January 2013 at 11:23 AM.

Sorry for being a little inactive the last few days. I'll sign up for the tournament and plan a team too. It'll start in February right?

Serebii user name: Fire Hero
    In-Game user name: Nuno
    In-game friend code: 0175 9186 8480
    PS name (if you have one): N/A
    PO name(if you have one): NunoLFC
    Region dex: Hoenn

Spoiler:- Friend Code and Safari Info:

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Total Ranked Double Battle Record: W47 L20
    Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W54 L20

*Credit to Astral Shadow from The Under for the userbar*

alright, i know this is VGC or double battle related at all... but the new footage for the new games are out!!! here is it: http://www.pokemon.com/pokemonxy/en-us

as you can tell it is on the 3DS, the graphics are clear in battle and good outside of it, etc.
    i was really hoping for doubles footage though... because i want to make sure this club could stay open through the next gen of games and i want to continue to battle.
    but i am pretty sure it will still have it because nintendo has doubles as their competitive style.
    so far it looks like it is going in the right step for pokemon, but the grass and the water starters look unoriginal. the grass reminds me of scrafty and the water reminds me of palpitoed all to much...but the legends look awesome!
    for some reason i dont see any way to possibly transfer pokemon from gen 5 over... but that is probably just me xD
    no matter what is looks like it will be a fun adventure!
    anyone have any opinions on these new games?
    Last edited by joej m; 8th January 2013 at 1:34 PM.

Scrafty? Really? You see Scrafty there? I don't. Looks like a Kokiri crossed with a Pokemon to me.

I'm really excited for these games! I'm so happy that there's a Fennec Fox Pokemon now! And I may just have to do something I've never done and have an in-game team that includes 2 starters. I need that fox, and I need the frog. Don't really care what they evolve into, I just need them both. The grass looks okay, but I'm not overly excited about it. Maybe I'll change my opinion when I see the final form.

I think the legends are awesome looking, but I seriously thought for a split second that the Y legend was an alternate forme of Cobalion. xD

So yeah, I'm totally excited for these games. Who's got a time turner? We need to fast forward to next October!

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

Can we make that the topic for the now: What is your thoughts on Pokemon X and Y?

well, I've already posted this so here it goes
    Wow. I was left nearly having a faint after seeing how amazing the graphics are. My belief for not doing gen 3 remakes is that gen 3 was one of the most iconic games for now, since they revolutionised the pokemon games for today. Making them on a console that is old, and soon to be outdated, would leave a bad taste in most peoples mouth. With the 3DS now quite alot more better, I think with gen 6, they are testing the game engine, and then after all the kinks are removed, they'll roll out RSE remakes. If no-one noticed, the region looks like its based off france, as the Eiffel tower makes an appearence. and there seems to be a bug gym.
    The legendaries look similar to terrakion and virizon. the X looks like a cross of virizon and sawsbuck, and the Y one looks like a bird-like terrakion, as it has similar horns.

Oh, and Joej m, they might do it similar to gen 4->5. either that, or use the... wait the link in bw2. you could use that as the port, or deposit pokemon in a pokemon X/Y channel, and collect in game.

Which ever the Y one is in, I want that one. it looks AWESOME!!!

Anyway, I changed reigon for the tourney, as johto was a bit restricted, as you can only use one eviolite. so im using sinnoh.
    Last edited by philzone; 8th January 2013 at 4:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post
    Can we make that the topic for the now: What is your thoughts on Pokemon X and Y?

well, I've already posted this so here it goes

Oh, and Joej m, they might do it similar to gen 4->5. either that, or use the... wait the link in bw2. you could use that as the port, or deposit pokemon in a pokemon X/Y channel, and collect in game.
    My opinion is that they are going in the right direction, and this is gonna be interesting.

PO and PS might be doomed, cause they use sprites, not 3d models. hmm..

VGC is gonna be more interesting, with the pokemon cells and stuff, and the fact that A LOT of VGC players use regular DS's....thank goodness i got a 3ds last year

and i saw the tower in the trailer...maybe a frenchish region or town?

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalNinetales View Post
    My opinion is that they are going in the right direction, and this is gonna be interesting.

PO and PS might be doomed, cause they use sprites, not 3d models. hmm..

VGC is gonna be more interesting, with the pokemon cells and stuff, and the fact that A LOT of VGC players use regular DS's....thank goodness i got a 3ds last year

and i saw the tower in the trailer...maybe a frenchish region or town?
    On the video, if you looked closely at where pikachu was, when he t-bolted, you saw the Eiffel tower. Also, most of the new areas resemble Art nuveau (spelling needs to be checked) which was elegant, and originated from france: E.G. the bridge in the screen shots on the official websites. the spacy things look like CERN. Yeah VGC looks to get a make over, and maybe there will be some good strategies from this gen.

i am really curious how the pokemon in general will be.
    if you notice, gen 5 was almost COMPLETE offense with powerful pokemon. i thought this was a great addition, but the defensive pokemon real stayed the same other than ferrothorn, defensive thunderus, and amoongus (all i can think of now).
    i would really love some new support pokemon that can outclass cresselia in its own ways. i am always looking forward to the new gen because people will be trying SO many new tactics and pokemon so the metagame shouldn't be as centralized.

PS and PO might make their own sprites... but it would completely change competitive battles... some single battlers would hate it... maybe switch to doubles!!!
    Last edited by joej m; 8th January 2013 at 4:36 PM.

Do you have to be a club member to join in on the tournament? I have an idea for a Johto team.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

Page 34 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast