Page 38 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

that is quite a smart idea cresselia hates being in when there is a bug or dark or ghost. i hate it how if you dont have one of those it seems like the cresselia is in the field for the entire game xD
    ok. just VM me when you can battle~!

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    -_- escavalier bug gem is the only way to OHKO it without any stat boosts.
    i know whats on your team now :P but nothing else can. unless the cresselia runs no HP EV"s and stuff then that is the only way to do it.
    im wasnt talking about my unova team, i was talking about another pokemon not from unova lol

and there is another way

i know. her across. but i thought you were talking about your unova team. craw daunt, her across, and escavalier are the pokemon that can claim a KO (that i know of) against a cresselia... but look at heracross's speed and type ._.
    awful defensive typing, is quite frail, and speed is mid... so you basically need a tailwind or icy wind or t wave to support it... which is why i prefer using escavalier. it has low speed so it works in trick room, higher attack, a better typing, and a bit bulkier on the defensive side (i think)... i think hera has better sp defense. anyway could you battle on PS? on the nugget bridge http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/~~nuggetbridge/lobby server? they support doubles on it.

Landorus-T Choice Band U-Turn can OHKO cressilia tested and proved by yours truly not sure what its EVs were though :/

Quote Originally Posted by Chingchar View Post
    Landorus-T Choice Band U-Turn can OHKO cressilia tested and proved by yours truly not sure what its EVs were though :/
    Seriously? Now that's a surprise...

My best answer to Cresselia is Dark Gem Dark Pulse from Hydreigon. Don't know if it can OHKO but I have several spread moves around my team to finish the job. Cresselia is not that much of a threat to deserve a new Pokémon just for her :P

3DS Friend Code: 3866-8099-9870 - Nuno

Super Secret Base | Double Battles | QR Code

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W65 L33

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Hero View Post
    Seriously? Now that's a surprise...

My best answer to Cresselia is Dark Gem Dark Pulse from Hydreigon. Don't know if it can OHKO but I have several spread moves around my team to finish the job. Cresselia is not that much of a threat to deserve a new Pokémon just for her :P
    You weren't the only one that was surprised
    I didn't think that dark pulse would be good because of its high special defence stat... My usual strategy to defeat it is cripple it and then hit with my strongest physical attacker in other words Garchomp.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingchar View Post
    You weren't the only one that was surprised
    I didn't think that dark pulse would be good because of its high special defence stat... My usual strategy to defeat it is cripple it and then hit with my strongest physical attacker in other words Garchomp.
    Dark Pulse is not enough but it's better than having to rely on two or more hits from Sawsbuck's Megahorn or a boosted Eruption to KO her. To be honest, my biggest issue with her is Trick Room. If she stays there without Trick Room I'm happy as she'll be KOed sooner. Typhlosion's Eruption with sun and Choice Specs easily 2HKOes her.

June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

announcement!

because of the regionals this weekend, and as well the global link tourney, it has come to my attention there won't be enough time to get ready for the mono region tourney for many people. unless no one wants to, i think it is in everyone's best interest if we push it back about 2 weeks so everyone has time to prepare for it. if you dont agree, please post it. if you do, then also post that. i want to make sure everyone has the time to make a great team.

announcement!

because of the regionals this weekend, and as well the global link tourney, it has come to my attention there won't be enough time to get ready for the mono region tourney for many people. unless no one wants to, i think it is in everyone's best interest if we push it back about 2 weeks so everyone has time to prepare for it. if you dont agree, please post it. if you do, then also post that. i want to make sure everyone has the time to make a great team.
    i agree

i found out how much fun trickrooms teams can be.
    and no im not talking about my unova team -_-
    because i have several teams

announcement!

Sure, I'll agree to that. It'll give me some time to really play around with different combos. n_n

And @ trident: You've only just found out about how fun TR is? Well, I guess I shouldn't talk since I still haven't completed a weather team, but still, I'd have thought you'd already done the TR thing. At any rate, they are a ton of fun, aren't they? It really opens up your options about the types of Pokemon you can use, I find. Tanks that aren't really viable in other teams all of a sudden become powerhouses.

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

trident has been doing more singles recently. he only just started making teams for doubles other than the once he made a LONG time ago.
    anyway anyone have any topic ideas?

NEW TOPIC: Is there anything you struggle with, in Doubles? (This pertains to Pokemon, certain tactics, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

Sorry for not posting in a while... i have been busy practicing for regionals.

@ Topic Hmm... probably scarfed breloom annoys me more than anything and is hard to beat>_< Also fast rockslide users because they always get flinch on one of my pokes >_<

Credit to me

specific pokemon would be sableye. they are weak, so i say:
    "i will just let it sit there and take care of it later!"
    then once i have an iron ball and the other pokemon burned that idea kinda seams impossible... especially with prankster recover >.<

Trick Room beats me nearly every time. Five turns is quite a bit in doubles, so waiting it out isn't exactly easy. My VGC teams counters rain and works well against every other type of team except Trick Room.

Spoiler:- Credits:

Black Ice Xat
    Black Ice Youtube Channel

My Youtube Channel
    Battle videos and card pack openings

Soul Bound Studios Channel
    Destinies Divided (Star Wars fan fic) and Duster Brothers (original)

I'd say Trick Room and the goodstuffs. Goodstuffs because they're... good. Tyranitar, Metagross, Salamence, CRESSELIA are always hard to counter and beat, especially for those who try to think outside the box and don't use goodstuffs xD
    Trick Room because my only way to deal with it is to Taunt the Trick Room user. Once they get it set up, it becomes a pain since my team is all about speed and striking fast.

i can't say i hate a specific type of team... but if there is one it is a good rain team. not a rain team with pokemon like:
    toxicroak, ludicolo, politoed, kingdra, zapdos/thunderus, tornadus/dragonite/cresselia. you dont know how many times i have seen teams that look exactly like this. If they have some creative tactics, then they become a bit more challenging... but i have seen that team above at lead 100 times in my life and they are getting way to easy to beat. ._.
    dealing with trick room isn't that hard actually. if you have some bulky and mildly slow pokemon it is pretty easy to deal with them. amoonguss can completely stop people from wanting to set up trick room. also, having trick room on your own team can counter it. just reverse the trick room. taunt also works too.
    Last edited by joej m; 19th January 2013 at 4:42 PM.

trident has been doing more singles recently. he only just started making teams for doubles other than the once he made a LONG time ago.
    anyway anyone have any topic ideas?
    i used to play doubles like last year, then i played singles which i still think are the most fun.
    now i play both,

trickroom is awesome
    i get to use things like scizor and marowak which is deadly

Well... since the mono region will start later i guess ill still enter xD
    I have a friend that will probably enter the club btw ^^ he is a pretty cool guy

about the topic... maybe what gives me more trouble are not the teams themselves but the players... any team can be countered pretty easily if you know how to play an have the right pokemons, so even if someone who doesnt know how to play well brings a champion's team it doesnt really matter i guess.
    So after all... yeah... my problem arent the oposing teams but the opponents xD (if it makes sense lol)
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble

Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

Quote Originally Posted by KuzKan View Post
    Well... since the mono region will start later i guess ill still enter xD
    I have a friend that will probably enter the club btw ^^ he is a pretty cool guy

about the topic... maybe what gives me more trouble are not the teams themselves but the players... any team can be countered pretty easily if you know how to play an have the right pokemons, so even if someone who doesnt know how to play well brings a champion's team it doesnt really matter i guess.
    So after all... yeah... my problem arent the oposing teams but the opponents xD (if it makes sense lol)
    I agree to some point.

Take the example of the goodstuffs. This is why the leading teams are goodstuffs: if you're not an awesome battler and use stuff like Butterfree and Maractus you lose 100% of the time. But if you're still not that good and use Tyranitar and Zapdos, you will win sometimes, even though your opponent is better.

That's the sole reason I hate the goodstuffs. They win because they pick the strongest there is, no strategy, no skill. They win out of luck or simply because their Pokémon are in fact the strongest possible. A bad player's Cresselia will not be OHKOed easily, no matter what. He may be the worst player ever, but if Cresselia is righty EV'd, it'll be a pain anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Hero View Post
    I agree to some point.

Take the example of the goodstuffs. This is why the leading teams are goodstuffs: if you're not an awesome battler and use stuff like Butterfree and Maractus you lose 100% of the time. But if you're still not that good and use Tyranitar and Zapdos, you will win sometimes, even though your opponent is better.

That's the sole reason I hate the goodstuffs. They win because they pick the strongest there is, no strategy, no skill. They win out of luck or simply because their Pokémon are in fact the strongest possible. A bad player's Cresselia will not be OHKOed easily, no matter what. He may be the worst player ever, but if Cresselia is righty EV'd, it'll be a pain anyway.
    Actually, Butterfree can be quite useful. With Tinted Lens, its Sleep Powder has perfect accuracy, and with the proper team support, it can, and will, put both of your Pokémon to sleep. I've gone up against it a few times, and it isn't pleasant.

There is strategy in goodstuffs. Some might just use heavy hitters with little strategy, but the best goodstuffs teams have strategy. Mine, for instance, works very well against rain. I'd say more, but I don't need anyone counter teaming.

Spoiler:- Credits:

Black Ice Xat
    Black Ice Youtube Channel

My Youtube Channel
    Battle videos and card pack openings

Soul Bound Studios Channel
    Destinies Divided (Star Wars fan fic) and Duster Brothers (original)

TOPIC! What is your facourite non-goodstuffs pokemon?
    Mine is marowak with sing on a trick room team set up trick room and then send out marowak use sing then (while the other team mate supports marowak) set up with swords dance and finish 'em off with earthquake and double-edge

... this topic is kinda... weird... any pokemon could be used in a goodstuff team.
    like tyranitar. it can be used in a good stuff team, or be used as a a sandstorm setter becoming almost a support pokemon.
    and gastrodon can be used in a good stuff team, it could be used as a rain counter, and it can also be used as a set up sweeper, when paired with a surf user... and in a trick room team.
    Last edited by joej m; 20th January 2013 at 12:38 AM.

uh anyone have cool ideas for pokemon to use on a trickroom team?

something really creative

well i can't say anything unless know the rest of your team... so I can figure out the synergy of the team. unless you dont have anything yet ._.

Page 38 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast