Page 39 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    ... this topic is kinda... weird... any pokemon could be used in a goodstuff team.
    like tyranitar. it can be used in a good stuff team, or be used as a a sandstorm setter becoming almost a support pokemon.
    and gastrodon can be used in a good stuff team, it could be used as a rain counter, and it can also be used as a set up sweeper, when paired with a surf user... and in a trick room team.
    I think he meant that exactly. Favorite Pokémon not used in goodstuffs. So for Tyranitar, you could use the "support Pokémon" alternative as your argument.

Anyway, my favorite has to be Typhlosion. I'm proud I could make a team around it since it's my favorite Pokémon. And it never let me down ^^

3DS Friend Code: 3866-8099-9870 - Nuno

Super Secret Base | Double Battles | QR Code

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W65 L33

all i meant was what are some good slow creative pokemon for trickroom.

i thought of marowak, and maybe registeel

registeel can abuse dynamic punch and zap canon under gravity. kinda cool

Quote Originally Posted by trident20 View Post
    all i meant was what are some good slow creative pokemon for trickroom.

i thought of marowak, and maybe registeel

registeel can abuse dynamic punch and zap canon under gravity. kinda cool
    a beast under tr is Cranados's evo..

anyhow gl to all you tommorow, i will crush you into the dust..xD

good luck everyone going to regionals! i can't go... like always >.< my parents dont think going somewhere to play a video game is worth it, but once i can drive imma going to them xDDD

oh i dont play regionals and stuff

So i was about to test my tean on pokemon showown and it wont let me battle because "Sableye has moves incompatible with its DW ability"
    as far as i know fake out, will-o-wisp, sucker punch and recover can be learn in Gen5 normally through breeding and move tutors...
    does anyone knows whats wrong?
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble

Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

Quote Originally Posted by KuzKan View Post
    So i was about to test my tean on pokemon showown and it wont let me battle because "Sableye has moves incompatible with its DW ability"
    as far as i know fake out, will-o-wisp, sucker punch and recover can be learn in Gen5 normally through breeding and move tutors...
    does anyone knows whats wrong?
    The problem is, I believe, that it can't have both Recover and Sucker punch at the same time. It can get Sucker Punch from only Cacnea/turne, Croagunk/Toxicroak, or Spinda, and none of those can learn Recover in any way. Conversely, Recover comes from Kadabra/Alakazam, Meditite/cham, and Elgyem/Beheeyem, and none of those ever have access to Sucker Punch.

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by zozo View Post
    The problem is, I believe, that it can't have both Recover and Sucker punch at the same time. It can get Sucker Punch from only Cacnea/turne, Croagunk/Toxicroak, or Spinda, and none of those can learn Recover in any way. Conversely, Recover comes from Kadabra/Alakazam, Meditite/cham, and Elgyem/Beheeyem, and none of those ever have access to Sucker Punch.
    yeah but for example if i get him recover first and then teach sucker punch to another one as i did to the previous... i could breed both of them to get both moves right?
    if not then i'll have to give it protect i guess meh, but im ure i've faced and seen som with those moves :/

Quote Originally Posted by KuzKan View Post
    yeah but for example if i get him recover first and then teach sucker punch to another one as i did to the previous... i could breed both of them to get both moves right?
    if not then i'll have to give it protect i guess meh, but im ure i've faced and seen som with those moves :/
    Nope. Only males can pass down moves, so to get both you'd have to have one male that has both Sucker Punch and Recover at the same time. If you have seen Sableyes running around with that set, then I'm afraid they were hacked. :/ Sorry.

My Youtube battle videos

Quote Originally Posted by zozo View Post
    Actually, you can get both Recover and Sucker Punch onto a Sableye. To do so, you need to first breed a male Sableye in Gen 4 that knows Recover, and then teach it Sucker Punch via Move Tutor in Pt/HG/SS. Then, breed this Sableye with a female Prankster Sableye in Gen 5 to get Prankster Sableye that know both Sucker Punch and Recover.

Made by Tini (FrozenConstellation).
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Wow, mention Liepard, and everyone's active. I should do this more often.

Quote Originally Posted by The Light Ruler View Post
    Actually, you can get both Recover and Sucker Punch onto a Sableye. To do so, you need to first breed a male Sableye in Gen 4 that knows Recover, and then teach it Sucker Punch via Move Tutor in Pt/HG/SS. Then, breed this Sableye with a female Prankster Sableye in Gen 5 to get Prankster Sableye that know both Sucker Punch and Recover.
    Well, there ya go. Didn't realize that Sucker Punch was a tutor move for them at one point. n_n No idea why yours won't work then KuzKan, sorry.

My Youtube battle videos

Quote Originally Posted by The Light Ruler View Post

yeah that should work aswell... so why would it be considered illegal?
    maybe on showown they didnt think that far ahead...
    i'm gonna train one with that method and if when i try to register my battle box it says its illegal then i'll have to get it protect instead.
    i thought i could do it as i wrote above and didnt think of that way you said so thank you ^^

@zozo neither do i but ill breed one either way, i just wanted to test it out to see if i should run recover or protect so i wouldnt regret in the tournament... its not a big deal tho

that must be a PS glitch because it works fine on PO.
    it works fine for me actually >.>anything else specific about your sableye that might affect the legitimacy?
    Last edited by joej m; 20th January 2013 at 9:42 PM.

that must be a PS glitch because it works fine on PO.
    it works fine for me actually >.>anything else specific about your sableye that might affect the legitimacy?
    i dont think anything else would affect that since the only warning i received was about the moves o-o
    nature; iv's; ev's and item... there shouldnt be any problem with those

then that is just a weird glitch you are having.
    but other viable moves you could use are: sunny day (if it works on your team and you want/need a rain and sandstorm counter), Rain dance (if you want a manual rain part to your team. then you could fit something like a ludicolo or kingra), or confuse ray.

then that is just a weird glitch you are having.
    but other viable moves you could use are: sunny day (if it works on your team and you want/need a rain and sandstorm counter), Rain dance (if you want a manual rain part to your team. then you could fit something like a ludicolo or kingra), or confuse ray.
    with that i dont get any way for sableye to live longer thats why i wanted that set :/
    that set would be perfect to counter some things my team doesnt like, but i guess protect will do xD
    although... i thought about rain dance before... that would stop those sandstorm teams that i dont like beeing hit by

oh i was suggesting you get rid of sucker punch on it.
    it can't really do anything to any pokemon other than latios and other frail psychic types.
    but i once ran a set up sun aspect to a team. when you have venasaur on it the team becomes deadly.
    other moves could be night shade, trick (if you have a lagging tail) or possibly mean look which can be viable in certain teams.

yeah but i dont really like the idea of not having a single attack move, it bothers me quite a bit since im not that good a player

well confuse ray and burn can really do some major damage in the long run.
    i bet you are pretty good
    also could i battle you on PS soon? :3

well confuse ray and burn can really do some major damage in the long run.
    i bet you are pretty good
    also could i battle you on PS soon? :3
    yeah sure x)
    i think a bit later today we can battle, im just reading some stuff and analysing some threats to see if i need to change something ^^

ok great! i should be on all day (because i am sick D so i will be ready to battle whenever you get your team ready.
    i am still testing some things for my team.

ok great! i should be on all day (because i am sick D so i will be ready to battle whenever you get your team ready.
    i am still testing some things for my team.
    oh that sucks >:
    either way i think showdown doesnt like me o-o
    i changed sableye's moveset an the same error keeps poping O_O

Kuzkan, have you tried snarl on sableye. Cripple physical attackers with intimidate/burn. They switch for an s attacker. Snarl lowers both foes s attacks. That means they need to change. This is very useful.
    P.s. does anyone think it's silly to change an entire vgc team 5 days before international challenge? Swapped it around, so should work out fine. Not tested yet.
    Last edited by philzone; 20th January 2013 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post
    Kuzkan, have you tried snarl on sableye. Cripple physical attackers with intimidate/burn. They switch for an s attacker. Snarl lowers both foes s attacks. That means they need to change. This is very useful.
    P.s. does anyone think it's silly to change an entire vgc team 5 days before international challenge? Swapped it around, so should work out fine. Not tested yet.
    thats actually pretty good thanks ^^
    i thought about captivate aswell but it would be really situational :/

i dont think thats silly, maybe you'll get less practive than what you normally would but if you like it and think that works... why not? x)

Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post
    Huh... that's actually a pretty interesting idea. Currently, my own Sableye has Foul Play as her attacking move. I love the fact that using it, I can do massive damage against something crazy like Landorus, while that thing barely puts a dent in me thanks to WoW. I've even been able to do sizeable damage to Bisharp using it, despite the 4x resistance. I might fool around with Snarl a bit though... maybe. Currently, my team already resists special attacks really well though.

I don't think it's silly either, just do whatever you think will be the most fun. If you've got a good idea and you can actually pull it off in 5 days, then go for it and best of luck! And don't worry, I never test my Pokemon teams. I just put them together and figure out how to use them as I go along. Sounds like a half-arsed way to do things, but I've done fairly well with it thus far. n_n

My Youtube battle videos

Page 39 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast