Page 41 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1656

Thread: Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

well... not the battling type, but the competitive aspect of it yes. more VGC tourneys and in more areas. they are all too far away from me to go to them. i won't go to one for a while unless it is in a hour range from my house.

EDIT: i think if i say welcome to the club it means he is in duckie xD

To make battles more fun? Ban Tyranitar and Cresselia

I don't know, I'd say more double-battle special moves like Helping Hand and Heal Pulse, so more Pokémon can shine and more diverse movesets can be built. I know there are already a lot, but they seem to be leaned by only a few Pokémon.

I'd also like to see more move combos like what happens in the anime. For example, use Flamethrower on your partner while it uses Megahorn, and you'd have a new move "Fire Horn" with 180 BP and chance to burn :P Just saying...
    Last edited by Fire Hero; 23rd January 2013 at 1:32 AM.

3DS Friend Code: 3866-8099-9870 - Nuno

Super Secret Base | Double Battles | QR Code

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W48 L20

joe u didnt answer my question......when is it

i want more combo moves like leaf pledge and stuff like that

ban cressilia too

Quote Originally Posted by trident20 View Post
    joe u didnt answer my question......when is it

i want more combo moves like leaf pledge and stuff like that

ban cressilia too
    Cress being banned...yeah keep on dreaming. :P
    Anywho im all pumped, and i plan on using the team i used for VGC Regionals. (i went to THAT regionals, so meh)

oh sorry :X
    it is this friday. did you sign up on global link already? you need to. then battle as much as you can. i would recommend around 50-100 battles. it is friday to monday

I honestly don't mind Cresselia too much anymore. Well, I still hate her guts, but I don't really care that she's in VGCs. I just keep Sableye around while she's in and that pretty well stops her from doing...anything. Anything useful, anyway. She becomes more of a headache if Sableye goes down, but Gastrodon can usually finish the job with little fuss.

Let's see, to make doubles battling more fun? It needs to be in 3D with the moves animated (and animated properly. No more opponent Dragonites peeing out their DragonBreath for instance. To be fair though, that's always been a 2D problem...). Other than that, they need to fix the RQing problem. You know, punish the RQers, and ONLY the RQers, and award the person who was D/Cd on the win automatically as though it was a forfeit.

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    oh sorry :X
    it is this friday. did you sign up on global link already? you need to. then battle as much as you can. i would recommend around 50-100 battles. it is friday to monday
    Yeesh, I never do even close to that. xD Last tourney, I did 16 battles total. Won most of them too, which was nice... But yeah, I just do a few at a time when I have a spare moment or two, nothing too crazy. Obviously, I don't really care much about the rating. I just compete to have fun. The rating system is kind of screwed up anyway. So many times the people with the highest ratings are the jerks who disconnect every time they think they're going to lose, whereas people with low ratings might actually have tough teams but they're also good sports and are willing to accept their losses as well as their wins.
    Last edited by zozo; 23rd January 2013 at 4:30 AM.

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

More move combos would be cool... like fire heroe said, in the anime they do it all the time. If you use a move on your teammate, it would still get hurt by that attack, but its next attack will be super powerful, like the firehorn move mentioned, or have an added effect, like guaranteed paralysis on an electric attack. Oh, and maybe some kind of move like icy wind that lowers sp. attack (there is intimidate for attack already)
        Spoiler:- DD stuff:

Yeah, move combo's were great, but I also want that elusive sandstorm 120 power move (if nintendo make one). Plus, spore abuse is annoying, so i need a lum berry on every team (esp. on volcarona, since it is a beastly pokemon when set up). maybe ban spore, or change the sleep mechanics. Oh yeah: add more sand abuse abilities. rain has swift swim, hydration, dry skin; sun has chloryphyll and solar power, and flowe gift. maybe some hail abuse, but that would be amazing

Quote Originally Posted by treeckotrainer View Post
    More move combos would be cool... like fire heroe said, in the anime they do it all the time. If you use a move on your teammate, it would still get hurt by that attack, but its next attack will be super powerful, like the firehorn move mentioned, or have an added effect, like guaranteed paralysis on an electric attack. Oh, and maybe some kind of move like icy wind that lowers sp. attack (there is intimidate for attack already)
    that is what snarl is actually. dark type move, hits both, i think power 50/55 and lowers sp attack. but it really hasn't proven to be too much of a great move actually >.>

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    that is what snarl is actually. dark type move, hits both, i think power 50/55 and lowers sp attack. but it really hasn't proven to be too much of a great move actually >.>
    Whoops, never knew that. I knew it could decrease sp. attack, but not that it hits both opponents. I can see icy wind is better, though. Speed dropping is much better than sp. attack dropping.
        Spoiler:- DD stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by treeckotrainer View Post
    Whoops, never knew that. I knew it could decrease sp. attack, but not that it hits both opponents. I can see icy wind is better, though. Speed dropping is much better than sp. attack dropping.
    In most cases, I'd agree with you. But I can see Snarl being the better choice against TR teams. Icy Wind would actually end up increasing the opponent's speed under Trick Room. At the same time, a lot of TR setters are specially-based, so neutering their special attack might actually help you last longer in a match.

At any rate, I do think we need a status that's like a special version of burn. Call it Virus or something, your 'mon gets sick and muddle-headed (so their special moves aren't as effective) and their HP slowly drains away. I wonder what that would do to the metagame?

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

i think that was why they created snarl, because they probably dont wanna put a new status and possibly change coding or something like that.
    icy wind is often more useful, ice type move and speed lowering is great. but zozo is right. trick room makes it a bad move.

Quote Originally Posted by zozo View Post
    In most cases, I'd agree with you. But I can see Snarl being the better choice against TR teams. Icy Wind would actually end up increasing the opponent's speed under Trick Room. At the same time, a lot of TR setters are specially-based, so neutering their special attack might actually help you last longer in a match.

At any rate, I do think we need a status that's like a special version of burn. Call it Virus or something, your 'mon gets sick and muddle-headed (so their special moves aren't as effective) and their HP slowly drains away. I wonder what that would do to the metagame?
    That's actually quite a cool idea It'd be cool if something like that was in X&Y although it would probably get banned by Smogon because there like a bunch of little kids on there.... Not that it affects the VGC though

well will-o-wisp isn't banned, so a move like "virus" wouldn't be because of basically having the same affect.

Wow! Loads of inactivity here! Come on people post more! Right I've been making a team but before I post it on the RMT section I want people in this club to review and see if anything is wrong with it. Click the spoiler to see the team but be warned as it is quite long!
        Spoiler:- Team:

I think everyone is busy with the tournament :P

Anyway, the tournament was disastrous for me... a record of 16/11 and a score of 1541 which is my minimum and over 100 lower than in the Winter Tournament... so I went to check what failed. And I guess that the problem is the same as always. My team is Rock-weak, Trick Room-weak and weather dependant and 99 out of 100 teams in the tournament are either goodstuffs (more than 50% surely), rain or Trick room ones (or all of them together).

So now I'm studying new alternatives that fit my team and help covering those weaknesses. What do you guys think about the usefulness of Gallade in Doubles? Gets good coverage, nice abilities for this metagame and can soak a lot of moves including Latios's Draco Meteors and Tyranitar, Terrakion and Landorus's Rock Slides. It also does something for the team that is to reverse Trick Room.

Anyone ever used Gallade?

EDIT: So about your team:

First of all I like the team overall. It gets nice combos, it's creative and may work fine (or at least it will be fun to use, even if it is not full of goodstuffs). I'd not run Focus Blast nor Hyper Voice. I know you find that useful but Helping Hand or Protect seem more useful as Politoed is a likely target for those trying to kill the rain, and that HHand boost can be deadly when given to Lucario or Starmie. But it depends on how you play of course. I get the EQ part in Gastrodon but I disagree. Chansey and Blissey are uncommon and Lucario takes care of them already. I think Earth Power is more useful especially because you don't have to worry about killing your partner (Starmie and Lucario won't like EQ). I'd probably then use the physical Drifblim with Unburden so you have another physical attacker. The item on Gastrodon is interesting, though I'd go for a Sitrus Berry to make it even harder to take out. Then, Whimsicott seems to fit the wrong way, because it fills two roles you need. Taunter and Tailwinder. Lucario needs Tailwind and most of your team would not mind it in my opinion. Otherwise Lucario will be outsped a lot of times I'm afraid. Taunt to prevent Thunder Waves, Trick Rooms and to shut down other Prankster users, as Whimsicott is the fastest Prankster. Beat Up is a must for your strategy so stick with it and either Leech Seed or Protect (Stun Spore and Tailwind seem a little redundant if you ask me). But overall, I like that team, it would be the kind of Rain team I'd use.
    Last edited by Fire Hero; 28th January 2013 at 4:14 PM.

June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

@Chingchar I would dump some EVs in Speed and put them into Defense, Whimsicott doesn't really need all that Speed, considering it outruns all pranksters by a fair amount.

And this is my favorite VGC sets, a full out offensive Thundurus

Thundurus@ Life Orb
    Timid/Modest
    EVs: 252 speed/252 sp attack/4 HP
    ThunderBolt
    Focus Blast
    Dark Pulse
    HP Ice/HP Grass

Normally you would run across Thunder Wave or Swagger sets, but a full offensive Thundurus is quite viable. Thunderbolt is your main STAB, wrecking anything that doesn't resist it with 125 base sp attack. Focus Blast deals with with Hydreigon, Metagross and other Steels. Dark Pulse really can be helpful due to its nature of denting Cresselia and the Latis. HP Ice beats Landorus, Gliscor and other Dragons. HP Grass however deals with Gastrodon that would wall your set.

Counters: Pink blobs and Gastrodon.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    @Chingchar I would dump some EVs in Speed and put them into Defense, Whimsicott doesn't really need all that Speed, considering it outruns all pranksters by a fair amount.

And this is my favorite VGC sets, a full out offensive Thundurus

Thundurus@ Life Orb
    Timid/Modest
    EVs: 252 speed/252 sp attack/4 HP
    ThunderBolt
    Focus Blast
    Dark Pulse
    HP Ice/HP Grass

Normally you would run across Thunder Wave or Swagger sets, but a full offensive Thundurus is quite viable. Thunderbolt is your main STAB, wrecking anything that doesn't resist it with 125 base sp attack. Focus Blast deals with with Hydreigon, Metagross and other Steels. Dark Pulse really can be helpful due to its nature of denting Cresselia and the Latis. HP Ice beats Landorus, Gliscor and other Dragons. HP Grass however deals with Gastrodon that would wall your set.

Counters: Pink blobs and Gastrodon.
    Since he has a Rain team I'd consider Thunder instead of TBolt and maybe... add Rain Dance. Prankster Rain Dance kills immediately the Ninetales and Tyranitar switch ins...

It's supposed to be a full out Thundurus that can use four attacks to cover its weaknesses. Plus you could give Politoed Rain Dance too to help eliminate Sand/whatever to bring back your Rain instead.

This is a lot... so get prepared for a long study of this xD

Spoiler:- Team suggestions:
    Last edited by joej m; 28th January 2013 at 10:44 PM.

i'm just transfering all my pokemon to white2 so i can start my all shiny pokedex xD
    im bored and dont know what to do so... yeah... lol

EDIT: ok save file deleted and ready to work on the pokedex!!!
    first step: get all kanto event starters with DW ability.

This WILL be a shiny pokedex but since there are pokemons that cannot be shiny might aswell get the best XD

EDIT2: hmmm idk how to do this... i could just breed everything and evolve some so i get every evolution in the PC but it woul be too time consuming since i need to breed some teams... i could breed them in a way i could use them in a team but the mid evolutions and the first stage pokemons would still be unusable... any ideas? :/
    Last edited by KuzKan; 29th January 2013 at 5:34 AM.
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble

Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

Finally getting around to this! Hahaha

Hi! I'm jstinftw!, although I'd much prefer to be called Justin. I am a VGC Trainer. My favorite Pokemon is Luxray, but my favorite VGC Pokemon is probably Togekiss, although Abomasnow is starting to take over. Togekiss has been a super helpful Pokemon on my Trick Room and simple Vanilla Goodstuffs team, not to mention one of my favorite Pokemon. Abomasnow's starting to take over, however, because of how useful a Pokemon it is. I used to have a problem with it, in one of my original HailRoom tries, but now that I've figured out how to use it, it's become much easier to use. (:

I love Double Battles so much. I wasn't very into the Competitive Pokemon scene about a year and a half ago, but after listening to a Pokemon Podcast called It's Super Effective! and hearing their escapades at the 2011 National and Worlds Championships, as well as their semi-Competitive Team Rates, I became enamored with the format. After undertaking in the 2011 Autumn Friendly, I started to delve deeper into the VGC Community, and my own team building. I really love the strategy that is required when playing VGC, and how many non-standard options are actually possible. Pokemon that would normally be considered "inferior" are actually viable in Double Battles, and that really encourages me to test out new strategies and Pokemon.

I would apply as a Tournament holder, but I really don't have the time. I honestly would just like a place to talk VGC/Double Battles. (:

I hope this works out!

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Quote Originally Posted by jstinftw! View Post

Hi! I'm jstinftw!, although I'd much prefer to be called Justin. I am a VGC Trainer. My favorite Pokemon is Luxray, but my favorite VGC Pokemon is probably Togekiss, although Abomasnow is starting to take over. Togekiss has been a super helpful Pokemon on my Trick Room and simple Vanilla Goodstuffs team, not to mention one of my favorite Pokemon. Abomasnow's starting to take over, however, because of how useful a Pokemon it is. I used to have a problem with it, in one of my original HailRoom tries, but now that I've figured out how to use it, it's become much easier to use. (:

I love Double Battles so much. I wasn't very into the Competitive Pokemon scene about a year and a half ago, but after listening to a Pokemon Podcast called It's Super Effective! and hearing their escapades at the 2011 National and Worlds Championships, as well as their semi-Competitive Team Rates, I became enamored with the format. After undertaking in the 2011 Autumn Friendly, I started to delve deeper into the VGC Community, and my own team building. I really love the strategy that is required when playing VGC, and how many non-standard options are actually possible. Pokemon that would normally be considered "inferior" are actually viable in Double Battles, and that really encourages me to test out new strategies and Pokemon.

I would apply as a Tournament holder, but I really don't have the time. I honestly would just like a place to talk VGC/Double Battles. (:

I hope this works out!
    Accepted!

Hello there! I'm Gothic-Gothorita, a Moderator here! Have a great time here! Just make sure your posts have meaning and aren't one sentence. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by jstinftw! View Post

I hope this works out!

Finally!!!!
    Glad to see you around here
    Welcome to the club and have fun ^^
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble

Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

After this last tournament I noticed that my team was Rock-weak and Trick Room-weak, so I'm thinking about alternatives.

What do you guys think about the usefulness of Gallade in Doubles? Gets good coverage, nice abilities for this metagame and can soak a lot of moves including Latios's Draco Meteors and Tyranitar, Terrakion and Landorus's Rock Slides. It also does something for the team that is to reverse Trick Room.

Anyone ever used Gallade?

Page 41 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast