Page 42 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1656

Thread: Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Hero View Post
    After this last tournament I noticed that my team was Rock-weak and Trick Room-weak, so I'm thinking about alternatives.

What do you guys think about the usefulness of Gallade in Doubles? Gets good coverage, nice abilities for this metagame and can soak a lot of moves including Latios's Draco Meteors and Tyranitar, Terrakion and Landorus's Rock Slides. It also does something for the team that is to reverse Trick Room.

Anyone ever used Gallade?
    I'm using Gallade. xD

He's pretty good. Turned out much better than I had expected. Depending on what you need, Gallade can be pretty useful, but you have to worry about his weak Defense stat. More than once I felt the burn of his base 65 Defense stat; even when taking a not very effective Rock Slide, he'll sometimes go all the way to the yellow, easily within Revenge Killing range.

So yeah, I'd say Gallade would be a great addition to your team, just work on a workable EV spread.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Quote Originally Posted by jstinftw! View Post
    So yeah, I'd say Gallade would be a great addition to your team, just work on a workable EV spread.
    What would you suggest? Focus on HP and Defense? I can use his high attack since he can threat Latios with Night Slash and Tyranitar and Terrakion with Drain Punch, so I'd like to invest a little on the Attack. I guess I'll try some spreads.

3DS Friend Code: 3866-8099-9870 - Nuno

Super Secret Base | Double Battles | QR Code

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W48 L20

Right what have I missed?
    Thanks for all your suggestions on the team guys! Welcome to the club Justin!
    Want kind of set do you ant for your Gallade? Bulky? Fast physical sweeper? Someone to set up trick room? Once I know what you want help with I probably be able to help you as I've used Gallade in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingchar View Post
    Right what have I missed?
    Thanks for all your suggestions on the team guys! Welcome to the club Justin!
    Want kind of set do you ant for your Gallade? Bulky? Fast physical sweeper? Someone to set up trick room? Once I know what you want help with I probably be able to help you as I've used Gallade in the past.
    Thanks! It's been a long time coming, hahah.

Is your Gallade set physically bulky? I'd love to see it's set if that's the case, as I really felt the low Defense stat during the tourney.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Gallade will have 3 main jobs: reverse Trick Room (not set it up, just reverse it), being able to take both Rock moves and special hits, and provide some much needed Fighting-type coverage.

I'll be running Adamant nature just to ensure that it'll be able to deal some damage. So the problems now are choosing between Psycho Cut, Zen Headbutt and Night Slash (psychic helps with Hitmontop, Terrakion and Conkeldurr, dark helps with Latios and Cresselia), and deciding the EV-spread. Either go with 252 HP/252 Attack or take out a little on the Attack and give it into Defense to make it physically bulky too. The ability is also a problem since Steadfast is very useful for faster Rock Slides and to take advantage of Fake Out, while Justified makes my opponent think twice before using Dark Pulse or Sucker Punch on him.

June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

I suggest running this set for gallade

Gallade @ Sitrus berry/ Fighting gem
    Evs: 252 HP 164 Atk 92 SpD
    Adamant/Brave nature
    -Trick room/Protect/Shadow Sneak
    -Zen Headbutt/Psycho cut
    -Close Combat/Drain punch
    -Ice Punch/Night Slash

The bulk EVs lets you live a draco meteor dragon gem from a timid latios. The Atk EVs let you 2KO all dragon types will ice punch. Or you could run Night slash to hit Cresselias and latios. TR could be used for reversing it or for using it to your advantage. Protect Can be used intstead. Shadow sneak is another option letting you go first. Zen headbutt lets you KO hitmontops and conkeldurrs. Psysho cut can be used also if you like the chance of crit. Close Combat fighting gem lets you KO chople berry tyranitars. Drain punch KOs chople berry tyranitars with Fighting gem but it doesn't lower your Def or SpD and it lets you restore HP.

Credit to me

Hi everyone, sorry for the inactivity...alot has happened with my ankle breaking, being homeschooled again, etc.
    Anywayz, I missed everyone, and if anyone would like a double battle, i'm totally up for one
    I need to get back into the swing of things x3

As for gallade I run a sp.def wall set.

Gallade @ Leftovers / Sitrus Berry
    Evs: 252 HP 252 Sp.Def 4 Def
    Careful/Sassy Nature
    -Bulk Up
    -Ice Punch/Zen Headbutt/Psycho cut/
    -Drain punch
    -Protect/Trick Room

With this set you can raise Gallades defense stat, and attack stat while enduring attacks well with impressive bulk and restoring HP from Leftovers or Sitrus Berry. After bulk up is set up, it can be nearly unstoppable endure both special and physical attacks now. Drain punch restores HP dealing lots of damage from the bulk up boost which results in high HP restoring intake. The more damage the more HP is gained, but taunt stops this set nearly so it is recommended that you bulk up on the first few turns, protect if taunters come along, and drain punch when HP is needed. Which after a few bulk ups you can probably OHKO alot x3 It's a very odd set for the VGC setting, but it works exceptionally well for me. Hope this helps

my xat avvie (c) me
    {~Friend Safari : GHOST : Pumpkaboo | Golurk | Lampent~}
    {~Total self-caught shinies: 92~} {~Most recent shiny : shiny Heatran(OR SR)~}
    {~3DS FC : 4012-3813-9306 IGN Emii(Y version/OR version)~}

Join TEF in the Guild section! Click here!

Thank you for your suggestions. I've been testing a 252 HP/252 Def Gallade and he soaks Rock Slides with ease. I'll only go for more attack if there is a chance of OHKOing Chople Berry Tyranitar with Drain Punch and/or OHKOing Latios with Night Slash and 2HKO Cresselia. Psychic coverage is not needed as it'd only be useful for Amoonguss or Hitmontop, and both are KOed farily easily with the moves I already have on other teammates.

The Bulk Up idea is actually interesting but I would have to let Protect go. I'll give it a try though, and in that case, I'd go for more Sp.Def EV's to help against Latios and Rain teams.

I ran some calculations:

(31 IV) 252Atk lvl 50 Gallade (+Atk) Drain Punch vs 252HP/0Def Chople Berry lvl 50 Tyranitar (Neutral): 61% - 73% (128 - 152 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
    (31 IV) 0Atk lvl 50 Gallade (+Atk) Drain Punch vs 252HP/0Def Chople Berry lvl 50 Tyranitar (Neutral): 50% - 60% (104 - 126 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
    (0 IV) 0Atk lvl 50 Gallade (+Atk) Drain Punch vs 252HP/252Def Chople Berry lvl 50 Tyranitar (Neutral): 37% - 44% (78 - 92 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO. --> Becomes 2HKO once the Berry is used.

(0 IV) 0Atk lvl 50 Gallade (+Atk) Night Slash vs 4HP/0Def Levitate lvl 50 Latios (Neutral): 50% - 58% (78 - 92 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
    (31IV) 252Atk lvl 50 Gallade (+Atk) Night Slash vs 4HP/0Def Levitate lvl 50 Latios (Neutral): 65% - 78% (102 - 122 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

(0 IV) 0Atk lvl 50 Gallade (+Atk) Night Slash vs 252HP/252Def Levitate lvl 50 Cresselia (+Def): 18% - 22% (42 - 50 HP). Guaranteed 6HKO.
    (31 IV) 252Atk lvl 50 Gallade (+Atk) Night Slash vs 252HP/252Def Levitate lvl 50 Cresselia (+Def): 24% - 29% (56 - 66 HP). Guaranteed 5HKO.

So, it doesn't need attack points as it will never OHKO Tyranitar or Latios and will never do more than 5HKO Cresselia.

I'm thinking about the following set:

Gallade@Sitrus Berry
    Adamant
    Justified
    252 HP/258 split between Defense and Sp. Def, depending on the IV's I get.
    - Trick Room
    - Bulk Up
    - Drain Punch
    - Night Slash

Bulk Up seems quite useful as it allows me to take physical hits with relative ease including Cresselia's Psyshock and Scizor's Acrobatics that only do around 10% to 20% damage. Thank you dfor the suggestions, I hope this works.
    Last edited by Fire Hero; 30th January 2013 at 7:35 PM.

i am probably gonna post something for a new team here soon! i will rate the latest one in a sec.
    EDIT: never mind i thought there was a new one xD
    EDIT2: lol, drizzle and i made almost identical sets xP
    Last edited by joej m; 30th January 2013 at 10:20 PM.

If people run acrobatics scizor they run a flying gem on it.

I did the calcs and 252+ Atk Flying Gem Scizor Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. +1 252 HP / 252 Def Gallade: 142-168 (81.14 - 96%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

So after bulk up it kills it with acrobatics and then a bullet punch

And a +1 0+ Atk Gallade Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 84-100 (47.45 - 56.49%) -- 85.55% chance to 2HKO

It only 2KOs after bulk up with Drain punch.

And on cresselia night slash does 0+ Atk Gallade Night Slash vs. 252 HP / 20 Def Cresselia: 60-72 (26.43 - 31.71%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

but plus a sitrus berry it is a 5 KO.

And Ray's(World tournament winner) cresselia set Psyshock does 180 SpA Cresselia Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Gallade: 63-75 (36 - 42.85%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

And Cresselia outspeeds gallade.

Maybe you should change the EVs to: 172 HP 4 Atk 204 Def 124 SpD 4 Spd and a Careful nature

Garchomps earthquake does 252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 172 HP / 204 Def Gallade: 69-82 (41.81 - 49.69%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

A Draco meteor dragon gem from a timid latios does 252 SpA Dragon Gem Latios Draco Meteor vs. 172 HP / 124+ SpD Gallade: 130-154 (78.78 - 93.33%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

A Draco meteor dragon gem from a modest hydriegon does 252+ SpA Dragon Gem Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 172 HP / 124+ SpD Gallade: 138-163 (83.63 - 98.78%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Attacks should be: Drain Punch, Bulk Up, TR/Protect, Zen headbutt/Ice punch

Credit to me

About Scizor, that is all true considering Gallade plays alone. I have 2 Fire-types and Salamence with Heat Wave, assuming sun is the weather, there is hardly any need to check Scizor as it won't survive more than a turn (unless something weird happens). I only mentioned Scizor because I was quite shocked at the lack of power of that particular Acrobatics.

About the moves, Ice Punch can be an option instead of Night Slash to check more Dragons but Trick Room is a must since otherwise I don't need Gallade. The EV's will depend on the IV's I get, but I'll take your spread into account and play around with that.

I saw that Night Slash won't harm Cresselia, but Sawsbuck usually deals with her (and Latios, providing sun is up) with Megahorn. Heat Waves/Eruption finish the job usually, so I'll probably go for Ice Punch.

EDIT: Scizor was intimidated and had no Flying Gem, maybe that explains the lack of power.
    Last edited by Fire Hero; 30th January 2013 at 11:08 PM.

i have never tried a sawsbuck. what item do you use? bug gem maybe?
    i know chlorophyl would be in affect.
    moves:
    -megahorn
    -horn leech
    -protect
    -Wild Charge/Jump Kick
    something like that right?

EDIT: OMG i am so sorry you broke your ankle emi D: i hope it heels soon
    Last edited by joej m; 31st January 2013 at 1:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    i have never tried a sawsbuck. what item do you use? bug gem maybe?
    i know chlorophyl would be in affect.
    moves:
    -megahorn
    -horn leech
    -protect
    -Wild Charge/Jump Kick
    something like that right?

EDIT: OMG i am so sorry you broke your ankle emi D: i hope it heels soon
    I don't use Bug Gem because I need the power of Life Orb in my other moves. Sawsbuck suffers from the 4-moveslot syndrom so I can't use Protect because there simply is no room for it :/

Sawsbuck@Life Orb
    Adamant / Chlorophyll
    252 Atk/252 Speed
    - Double-Edge (it is incredibly powerful factoring STAB and Life Orb)
    - Horn Leech
    - Jump Kick
    - Megahorn

Never thought about Wild Charge but again, can't really replace these moves as they're all useful. Double-Edge with Life Orb is enough to KO a slightly weakened Garchomp, Salamence or Kingdra (with a chance to OHKO the last two) and other times put them at KO range for a Heat Wave.
    Last edited by Fire Hero; 31st January 2013 at 5:56 PM.

wouldn't protect be useful because sawsbuck is kinda a glass cannon. it can let you take out foes with the other pokemon etc. also double edge give you like no coverage... but the KOing those pokemon would be very useful.

You can't just slap Protect on any Pokemon for double battles. Some are viable with it like Cresselia and Heatran but others need there desperate coverage moves to help you in the run.

cresselia? i really have never used protect on cresselia other than once. and i almost never see protect cresselia... because they are so bulky they really dont need that. i slap protect on every pokemon that isn't a bulky setup pokemon like a trick room pokemon etc, has a focus sash, uses fake out, or has a choice item. everyone else on all my teams always carry protect or detect.

I've just come to barge in, and ask a question: What teams, and what kind of strategies could Machamp possibly be in/use in Double Battling?

Please, no one-liners when answering this question for meh. Oh, and this also applies to movesets, teammates, and 'structures' (i.e Trick Room).

http://pglhelp.pokemon.com/en/gbu/2013_Winter_Friendly/

what do you think guys?
    we could make this tournament our new topic

Will you enter the tournament? What are your thoughts about it?
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble

Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    You can't just slap Protect on any Pokemon for double battles. Some are viable with it like Cresselia and Heatran but others need there desperate coverage moves to help you in the run.
    Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    cresselia? i really have never used protect on cresselia other than once. and i almost never see protect cresselia... because they are so bulky they really dont need that. i slap protect on every pokemon that isn't a bulky setup pokemon like a trick room pokemon etc, has a focus sash, uses fake out, or has a choice item. everyone else on all my teams always carry protect or detect.
    Kind of what I was thinking. Who runs Protect on Cresselia? The moves much more imperative for frail mons you need to keep safe and on the field for a turn.

Anyways, the club's mono-region tournament's coming up in a day. Everybody ready?

Quote Originally Posted by KuzKan View Post
    http://pglhelp.pokemon.com/en/gbu/2013_Winter_Friendly/

what do you think guys?
    we could make this tournament our new topic

Will you enter the tournament? What are your thoughts about it?
    Ahh, a rotation tournament. An ubers one at that... and I can't participate. -sigh- never going to get to use Keldeo
    Last edited by Silvershark; 1st February 2013 at 9:20 AM.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

Rotation tournament with Ubers? Cool! Oh wait, that means ALL teams are going to be Ubers... Less cool

Anyway, I'll try to enter just for fun, after all Rotation Battles seem quite interesting.

It's the first time i'll be able to play with ubers so i really wanna participate xD
    i only played rotation once, and it was in the eeveelution tournament on smogon so im kinda nervous about this
    Last edited by KuzKan; 1st February 2013 at 5:00 PM.

Hmm... I guess I'll enter for the Micle Berry. Don't know if I'll really spend much time on it though. I've got a few legendaries that I can quickly train, so I suppose I'll just slap a bunch together and see how it works. xD Never used that Arceus or my Deoxys, and I've got a few event legendaries that I traded for awhile back. Should be enough for me to make a crazily over-powered patchwork of a team. xD Then I can just stick a Chansey into the middle of it and try to pull off some variation of Toxic Stall.

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

I'll quickly assemble a semi-uber team, since it's my only chance to use legendaries for real ^^

It's too bad I won't be able to test the team :/

I dont really know what aporeach i should use to build a rotation team o-o
    I still wanna use a Sun team tho, i wanna se how some low tiered pokemon do in this
    Last edited by KuzKan; 1st February 2013 at 7:23 PM.

They do well! Typhlosion can OHKO physically defensive Lugia :P I'm so proud ^^ After a Growth, Shiftry does huge damage to Lugia and Giratina, with Dark Pulse or Sucker Punch. If I recall correctly it can OHKO some variants. It also OHKOes Kyogre with Seed Bomb with no Attack EVs at all.

I'm going with a team of Groudon, Typhlosion, Volcarona, Palkia, Kyurem-W, Shiftry. Already have Typhlosion, Volcarona and Kyurem trained so I only need to train three.

I know nothing about rotations so this will really be just for fun.

Page 42 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast