Page 46 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1656

Thread: Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

Hello I'm Greatemboar and I'd like to become a competetive double battler.
    My favorite VGC pokemon is Tyranitar as its very versatile and can set up a sand storm and it is slower then Politoed and Ninetales allowing sand stream to become the dominant weather.
    My favorite pokemon is Emboar as it can counter rock, flying, ground, water and almost everything else that it battles with useful TM's.
    I like double battles because of that stratgies it can incorprate instead of the pure power in single battles
    For a job I'd quite like to be a tournament holder.
    Last edited by Greatemboar; 17th February 2013 at 10:54 PM.
    These two songs describe me well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58QOBqAWNzE (Top Gun- Danger zone)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osuhlptx0J8 (Rascal Flatts- Life is a Highway)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatemboar View Post
    Hello I'm Greatemboar and I'd like to become a competetive double battler.
    My favorite VGC pokemon is Tyranitar as its very versatile and can set up a sand storm and it is slower then Politoed and Ninetales allowing sand stream to become the dominant weather.
    My favorite pokemon is Emboar as it can counter rock, flying, ground, water and almost everything else that it battles with useful TM's.
    I like double battles because of that stratgies it can incorprate instead of the pure power in single battles
    For a job I'd quite like to be a tournament holder.
    accepted! welcome
    If you want to become better look at the third post. it is our little place called the academy
    @everyone in the tourney... the tourney is dead... 5 people still in it... no one posting... what should we do?

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    accepted! welcome
    If you want to become better look at the third post. it is our little place called the academy
    Thanks, but I'll skip the academy have most of my pokemon set out and I'm prepping a counter team for weather teams since they are most popular in double battles mainly the rain teams which can cause major damage as I have experienced.

accepted! welcome
    @everyone in the tourney... the tourney is dead... 5 people still in it... no one posting... what should we do?
    maybe ask the newcomers if they wanna join in?

btw to the latest people accepted, welcome everyone
    I hope you have fun in here :3
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble

Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

accepted! welcome
    OH NO! IT'S FATE EVEN WORSE THAN DEATH! THE TOURNAMENT IS DEAD! *SOB* *WEEP* ETC.

Don't get your pants sued off because it's just stupid lawsuit. =P In other words - Don't go nuts.

Since the tournament is dead; I suggest that we have our battles for the following:

A Deadline - This will help people get their battles in faster, because they have a deadline/time limit to do so. Instead of waiting countless days for someone to battle said opponent.

On a BATTLE SIMULATOR - Some people don't have the time to EV Train, Breed, Level Up etc. Which can result in people being disqualified from the tournament.

If you lack software to access Simulators than that's fine, so long as there are OTHER ENTRANTS WHO PLAY ON WI-FI AND/OR BOTH SIMULATORS (Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown).

@TOURNAMENT-FOLLOWING MODERATORS: Stalk Ask and check in on your Club members that are participating in order to see how their training is going, how they're progressing, and other whatnot that has to be mentioned for the love of Lugia.
    Last edited by White_Roar~; 17th February 2013 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

Quote Originally Posted by Gothic-Gothorita View Post
    OH NO! IT'S FATE EVEN WORSE THAN DEATH! THE TOURNAMENT IS DEAD! *SOB* *WEEP* ETC.

Don't get your pants sued off because it's just stupid lawsuit. =P In other words - Don't go nuts.

Since the tournament is dead; I suggest that we have our battles for the following:

A Deadline - This will help people get their battles in faster, because they have a deadline/time limit to do so. Instead of waiting countless days for someone to battle said opponent.

On a BATTLE SIMULATOR - Some people don't have the time to EV Train, Breed, Level Up etc. Which can result in people being disqualified from the tournament.

If you lack software to access Simulators than that's fine, so long as there are OTHER ENTRANTS WHO PLAY ON WI-FI AND/OR BOTH SIMULATORS (Pokemon Online/Pokemon Showdown).

@TOURNAMENT-FOLLOWING MODERATORS: Stalk Ask and check in on your Club members that are participating in order to see how their training is going, how they're progressing, and other whatnot that has to be mentioned for the love of Lugia.
    I have to agree with the things said here. The most important, in my opinion, I think that if it's not going to be using the normal VGC Rules, it should be on a Battle Simulator. As much as I love using the actual hardware vs. Battle Simulators, it's hard to breed up random Pokemon that I'll only use once or twice. Most people have their regular Double Battle/VGC-Ready teams ready due to the Wi-Fi tournaments, so unless it's a tournament that coincides with those rules, a Battle Simulator is probably the best idea.

As for everything else said, I think a little more organization would be best. For example, let's say you're running another specialty tournament and you don't make Battle Simulators the set thing. What you could do instead is to have everyone know about the tournament in advance, tell everyone to get their teams ready. Maybe give them the heads up a month or something in advance. After that time's up, hold registrations. If their team isn't ready by then, then they can't register. That way, there won't be any of those weird byes that happen; only the people who are ready will be able to participate, thus insuring everyone will be able to actually play.

Following up constantly is also a very important thing with running these tournaments. Making sure everyone is reminded would be very helpful, and kind of eggs people to make some time or something. Following up and stuff is pretty important to make sure everyone remembers, and kind of has a psychological effect on them that makes them put more priority in getting their teams together. It also makes everything feel less sloppy. If I'm told there's a tournament and I don't hear anything for a while, I'm most likely going to assume something's wrong, or off.

My last suggestion is something I personally thought of though. Maybe after every specialty tournament, you could hold a standard, VGC/GBU Rules tournament. I noticed that a lot of people here are active in either or both VGC and the Wi-Fi Tournaments, and I know a few people here joined in order to get better at their Double Battling skills. Doing this accomplishes a few things for the club.

1. It keeps a standard tournament in play. There will always be a tournament to look forward to, and it'll always have players who are ready, or near-ready.
    2. Players will get their fill of standard Double Battle play. This will help non-experienced players learn more about the metagame and the playing style, and will help the more experienced players play around in a more fun environment.
    3. It helps keep that actual hardware in play. These tournaments can be held exclusively on through the DSes/3DSes, in order to keep a balance between Battle Simulators and DSes/3DSes.

Just my thoughts on the matter. I ran a tournament myself for my podcast before, and I kind of have an idea of how tournaments run, especially via Wi-Fi.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Aww, crap. Now I feel awful for being the one who appears to have murdered the tournament. x_x

Well, in response to the question "What should we do?" I think Gothic and Justin both made some very good points. Particularly the points about using battle simulators (at least a mix of "real" battling and battle sims.) and keeping people updated on how the tournament is progressing as well as making sure there's plenty of time.

Personally, I think what messed me up was the fact that after the tournament date was pushed back because of the wi-fi tournament, there didn't seem to be much in the way of updates. No one really talked about it or seemed to be organizing anything, so it seemed like it wasn't going on. Then the friendly came along and that seemed to confirm my opinion that things were still on hold. But then there was a bit of activity in the club and it appeared that the tournament was actually ready to start in a week. I had the Pokemon I needed, but they weren't trained and I just wasn't able to finish that in time.

We did get what I think was a fair amount of time to prepare for this tournament, but it might have helped if there had been some reminders for that too. If not VMs to the participants, then something simple like a reminder of the tournament start date on each new page of posts. I know that this sort of thing is on the first page, but I rarely look at the first page unless there's a recent post telling me to do so because there's been an update. I just see that new posts have been added and skip to the last page to read up on recent developments. That extra reminder might help those of us who, like me, need a little extra push to get things ready on time.

And yeah, even though I've not battled on a battle sim (yet), I, for one, am in favour of having at least some tournaments over battle sims. It'd be a very convenient way to hold tournaments since the teams don't take much time to get ready, and it's easier to actually get into battles with people. No registering FCs, going to the wireless room, waiting to connect to the wi-fi connection, getting into the room, setting up the battle rules, waiting for the person to show up, repeating three or four times because the wi-fi connection is buggering up, then finally getting to the battle. Plus, it seems that it's a LOT easier to save battle videos when you do battles via simulators. There doesn't appear to be any storage limits, and even if there was it's easy as pie to do screen capture videos and upload those onto youtube or something. You don't have to erase battles you've already saved or have them disappear if you upload new ones. Finally, encouraging people to get into battle sims seems like a great way to help people improve their game without investing lots of time and energy into what could prove to be failed experiments. "Real" battles on the DS/3DS are awesome, and personally I prefer having the actual Pokemon at the end of the day rather than a simulation, but I can definitely see that simulators are a valuable tool and can be a great option for future fun tournaments that the club holds.

So... uh, yeah. There's my two cents, for what they're worth.
    Last edited by zozo; 18th February 2013 at 3:26 AM.

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

accepted! welcome
    I thought we were waiting for the thread for the tournament to be approved. I've been ready for a while now.

With so few people left, maybe we should re-open registration for some of the newer members, and extend the deadline slightly for people to get ready. For future random tournaments it probably would be better to stick with simulators, but I would still like to try to save this one, seeing as it's the club's first.
    Last edited by Silvershark; 18th February 2013 at 3:31 AM.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

Fought drizzleboy on Pokemon Showdown! earlier today! Hahah it was a good battle!

Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!

So how is the tournament going?

Anyone want a friendly match?
    Last edited by Greatemboar; 22nd February 2013 at 12:00 AM.

@Jstinftw GG!

@Greatemboar It was canceled do to not enough participants.

Also made this for anyone who want to use it

Credit to me

Well shame the tournament got canceled

We always have the next one
    Last edited by Greatemboar; 21st February 2013 at 11:59 PM.

Well shame the tournament got canceled
    So how is the tournament going?

I'm sorry, but these are one-liners. Please edit those posts with at least 2 sentences of content or delete it as soon as possible. Otherwise, it will result in being reported and you will receive an infraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

So, to spark some livelihood in the club, let's talk about your current battles! What's been your current MVP on your teams guys?

For me, I've been testing this Quad Dragon team (ugh standard mons, I need a new team), and I've found that Garchomp is currently my MVP. He takes hits like a champ, and he does really well at dishing out hits. I've been running the bulky Ray Rizzo set, although with a couple of my own surprises in it, and it's been the reason my battles are won. Togekiss takes a close second though, as her support has been extremely helpful in making sure her partners survive to actually attack, plus her Heat Wave support has surprised enough opponents.

What about you guys?

Quote Originally Posted by jstinftw! View Post
    So, to spark some livelihood in the club, let's talk about your current battles! What's been your current MVP on your teams guys?

For me, I've been testing this Quad Dragon team (ugh standard mons, I need a new team), and I've found that Garchomp is currently my MVP. He takes hits like a champ, and he does really well at dishing out hits. I've been running the bulky Ray Rizzo set, although with a couple of my own surprises in it, and it's been the reason my battles are won. Togekiss takes a close second though, as her support has been extremely helpful in making sure her partners survive to actually attack, plus her Heat Wave support has surprised enough opponents.

What about you guys?
    My MVP is always Dragonite.
    Mainly because he serves as an excellent team member and he is my favorite.
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big. (Mod: As was having the water club)

Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[
    Need someone to train your pokemon or breed for one ? I will do it.

sorry everyone for not coming on <.>
    anyway i think we should postpone the tourney a lot. i trained up a team, and so did others, so we will want to use them for a reason!

so for the current topic, mine would be ludicolo!
    no i am not running a rain sweep swift swim set that has an absorb bulb ._.
    i made this set up a little while back. the moves were inspired from wolfey, who inspires half of the creativity in the metagame haha xD but i made the EV's etc myself.

Ludicolo @ leftovers
    Ability: swift swim
    Nature: calm
    EV's: 252 hp/ 4 defense 26 sp attack/ 76 sp defense/ 150 speed
    -giga drain
    -ice beam
    -leech seed
    -protect

mixed ludicolo! with swift swim and leech seed +leftovers. this is a great pokemon! it can get fake out, often leading my foe to think i will fake out. since lots of people like running cresselia with no protect, and like using it from the start of the match it is easy to predict. usually a trick room t wave or icy wind comes out. but they do expect the fake out. often they protect the other pokemon just in case, which is often the dreaded metagross. but then i leech seed the cresselia. a leech seeded cresselia is really bad for them. forcing a switch or being near useless on the field. the only move that would get really annoying that a cresselia has if a trick room is up is swagger. thats another story.
    The EV's let is live modest dragon gem draco meteor from a latios (i know timid, i think also modest). outspeeds an adamant max speed choice scarf landorus-t, which i am seeing more of on PS and PO. that u turn is not good. 26 sp attack isn't notable for anything, but that is the stat it jumps to getting more KO's. 4 is the remaining so i put it on defense. the moves are pretty self explanatory. i needed ice coverage on this team (more of it, i like 3 ice moves on one team usually). i didn't want or need anymore water coverage because my polities water gem and rain boosted hydro pump KO's almost everything that wasn't intended to live things like dragon gem draco meteors. metagross goes down easy from it, cresselia takes 50% hp usually, but EV's kinda vary that. giga drain is for even more coverage. leech seed for life sapping, that plus giga drain and leftovers makes ludicolo a really hard pokemon to take down with a special sweeper. leftovers is need for hp recovering. i decided that over substitute because if there is a physical sweeper out, it will break my sub immediately, so i just lost 75% hp for nothing. if i could use protect and substitute i would to annoy them more but i need all the other moves badly.
    It is kinda just a big gimmick this guy... but one that works
    so yeah that is the MVP of my latest team!

Depends on which team I use so you will never know.

Anyone finds out they will be executed

@ Joej m I run leech seed ludicolo and dimsun's ludicolo works best

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
    Rain dish
    EVs: 252 HP 104 SpA 108 Def 44 SpD 4 Spd
    -Scald
    -Giga drain
    -Leech seed
    -Protect

I use this on one of me TR teams. He works great! the EVs let him live a CC fighting gem from hitmontop and lives a draco meteor dragon gem from a timid latios.

Credit to me

MVP on current team. Has to be my heatran. It is a beautiful set that causes havoc when the foe least expects it. I pair it with my thundurus-t.

Crocomire (Heatran) (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Modest Nature
    - Heat Wave
    - Earth Power
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Dark Pulse

Its brilliant. Hits hard, and hits quite fast. Has the power to cause considerable damage to the foes. The MVP on my team had to be special. I just thought back to my pre-competitive days. Scarf-tran was one of them. This set was one i thought up of myself. EVs are to hit hard and fast. (nickname was 'cause I had a metroid boss theme. Have a guess who was ridley?) Heat wave dealt hard damage. Earth power was in the same boat. HP ice hits those pesky chomps and flying types. Dark pusle was for other coverage, for ghost and psychic types.

Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post
    MVP on current team. Has to be my heatran. It is a beautiful set that causes havoc when the foe least expects it. I pair it with my thundurus-t.

Modest Nature
    - Heat Wave
    - Earth Power
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Dark Pulse

Its brilliant. Hits hard, and hits quite fast. Has the power to cause considerable damage to the foes. The MVP on my team had to be special. I just thought back to my pre-competitive days. Scarf-tran was one of them. This set was one i thought up of myself. EVs are to hit hard and fast. (nickname was 'cause I had a metroid boss theme. Have a guess who was ridley?) Heat wave dealt hard damage. Earth power was in the same boat. HP ice hits those pesky chomps and flying types. Dark pusle was for other coverage, for ghost and psychic types.
    Heatran is quite nice with a scarf. I would think about using him on my sun team but I'd have to take out my main star - Typhlosion - so it won't happen soon lol

3DS Friend Code: 3866-8099-9870 - Nuno

Super Secret Base | Double Battles | QR Code

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Battle Spot Season 7 - Special: W10 L6 - Rating 1577
    Battle Spot Season 7 - Doubles: W3 L1

Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W61 L27

i actually have my mono region tourney...

so when will it be?

Or the tournament holders can decide on a new tourney and date.

Although it could take awhile.
    Last edited by Greatemboar; 23rd February 2013 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drizzleboy12 View Post
    @ Joej m I run leech seed ludicolo and dimsun's ludicolo works best

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
    Rain dish
    EVs: 252 HP 104 SpA 108 Def 44 SpD 4 Spd
    -Scald
    -Giga drain
    -Leech seed
    -Protect

I use this on one of me TR teams. He works great! the EVs let him live a CC fighting gem from hitmontop and lives a draco meteor dragon gem from a timid latios.
    the only problem is my speed needs more speed... and this wouldn't give me the speed, but it would give some more bulk.
    i might make a rain team with that guy on it sometime. though

Currently, I have 2 MVPs, and they are Sableye and Lickilicky.

Prankster Sableye shuts down so many threats that it's ridiculous. Investment in Special Defense and being able to burn the opponent with priority WoW means that it's surprisingly bulky regardless of whether or not it runs Recover. Taunt lets it laugh at pretty much any variety of Cresselia and it prevents Chandelure, which would normally be a problem for TR teams, from setting up Imprison or reversing Trick Room. My own Sableye runs Trick and holds a Lagging Tail, so it's able to keep spreading misery on special attackers who don't really notice either WoW or Taunt. I've even used it to get an edge over certain opposing Sableye by ensuring that I'll always outspeed them while stealing their items. Even if my Sableye gets Taunted, STAB Foul Play means that it can dish out some serious damage to opponents.

Then there's Lickilicky. That guy is just an all-purpose killer, if you ask me. Cloud Nine means that I have the ultimate control over whether or not weather is in play, they have a crazy huge movepool, stats that allow them to take advantage of both physical and special moves, enough bulk to absorb most attacks, and crappy enough speed to function beautifully under Trick Room. It's very rare that I go into a match without using Lickilicky. The only thing that really bothers the glutton are STAB fighting moves, but I have several other Pokemon that are set up to take care of those things anyway.

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by philzone View Post

Modest Nature
    - Heat Wave
    - Earth Power
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Dark Pulse

the only thing you would have to worry about is gastrodon, for they will wall you if they have bulk. also sandstorm teams featuring excadrill will ruin you. these have had a spike in usage recently... and that will probably mean less heatrans. a good pairing for heatran is with gastrodon if you did not know. bulky gastrodon w/ recover, ice beam/muddy water, muddy water/earthpower, protect.
    if you want to see the set for bulky gastrodon ask me. i have shown it to like 3 other people xD but i didn't make the set.

Page 46 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast