Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1656

Thread: Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    sorry everyone for not coming on <.>
    anyway i think we should postpone the tourney a lot. i trained up a team, and so did others, so we will want to use them for a reason!
    I say re-open registration and schedule for about two to three weeks from now to give people time to build teams. The timing was terrible before with the last wi-fi tournaments coinciding with every date we set and we've had quite a few members join since then. Even then, the last registration wasn't very organized or well recorded.

Quote Originally Posted by trident20 View Post
    i actually have my mono region tourney...

so when will it be?
    Where were you last week?! It was canceled/put on hiatus since so few people were ready.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

Quote Originally Posted by Silvershark View Post
    I say re-open registration and schedule for about two to three weeks from now to give people time to build teams.
    Well that will give me time to level up/evolve some pokemon

And it doesn't interfere with spring regionals.
    These two songs describe me well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58QOBqAWNzE (Top Gun- Danger zone)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osuhlptx0J8 (Rascal Flatts- Life is a Highway)

I wont be entering tournaments for a few weeks/months i think since i plan on getting every DWF all over again and for that i cant RNG so... yeah xD
    But if you need any help with anything feel free to ask :3
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble

Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

My MVP is Breloom. Here's the set I run-

Breloom@ Choice Scarf
    252atk/252spe/4hp
    Nature- adamant (cos I couldn't find Jolly)

-Spore
    -sky uppercut
    -seed bomb
    -stone edge

I know it's flawed, but it still works excellently with my Weavile in my Spore-Fake out combo.

Credit to Ayra for the profile pic.
    ASB squad- http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...0#post16972170
    I have claimed Kabutops, destroyer of all! Fear me or perish!

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bolt View Post
    My MVP is Breloom. Here's the set I run-

Breloom@ Choice Scarf
    252atk/252spe/4hp
    Nature- adamant (cos I couldn't find Jolly)

-Spore
    -sky uppercut
    -seed bomb
    -stone edge

I know it's flawed, but it still works excellently with my Weavile in my Spore-Fake out combo.
    You just told everyone a strategy that you use so now we will be able to create a counter for that combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatemboar View Post
    You just told everyone a strategy that you use so now we will be able to create a counter for that combo.
    Ha ha. Actually I don't use that combo anymore. To be sure, I haven't played much doubles since about when B2W2 released, being caught up in schoolwork and all. Feel free to use it.

Credit to Ayra for the profile pic.
    ASB squad- http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...0#post16972170
    I have claimed Kabutops, destroyer of all! Fear me or perish!

Nah I won't use that combo becaue I can already find good counter moves for it :P

And with the being caught up in schoolwork join the club I've been crushed under maths work and Biology revision
    Last edited by Greatemboar; 25th February 2013 at 4:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    the only problem is my speed needs more speed... and this wouldn't give me the speed, but it would give some more bulk.
    i might make a rain team with that guy on it sometime. though
    lol I use him as a rain counter not on a rain team xD

@ silvershark I think that is a good idea but we have to see if "the king" allows it xD

Credit to me

Well the point of this club is to share toughts and strategies for Double Battles, so I really don't see why we shouldn't share our combos. They build a counter for it, so be it, no team can counter every single combo. And even so it depends so much on prediction that nobody can safely counter anything.

Spoiler:- Friend Code and Safari Info:

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Total Ranked Double Battle Record: W47 L20
    Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W56 L20

*Credit to Astral Shadow from The Under for the userbar*

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Hero View Post
    Well the point of this club is to share toughts and strategies for Double Battles, so I really don't see why we shouldn't share our combos. They build a counter for it, so be it, no team can counter every single combo. And even so it depends so much on prediction that nobody can safely counter anything.
    You are right.

anyway @topic Mine is my mesprit

Mesprit @ Sitrus Berry
    EVs: 252 HP 60 Def 96 SpA 100 SpD
    IVs: 31-30-31-30-31-14
    Calm nature
    -HP fire
    -Psychic
    -Ice beam
    -Trick room

This is my favorite pokemon on my recent team, I had cresselia but I wanted a pokemon with higher SpA but still a psychic type So I chose mesprit. I pair him up with conkeldurr, Landorus-T, and hydreigon. His synergy with Landorus-T is great! with intimidate support mesprit is 3KOd by a tyranitar's crunch and 5 KOd by Hitmontop's Sucker punch. Mesprit isn't effected by Landoruses earthquake and Landorus can U-turn to conkeldurr while Mesprit can use TR. Conkeldurr goes well with Mesprit under TR. Conkeldurr covers Mesprit's weakness to dark. With Drain Punch Fighting gem from conkeldurr it KOs tyranitar. a Drain punch fighting gem and a HP fire KOs a occa berry scizor. Hydreigon goes well with Mesprit because Hydreigon is the slowest dragon so TR can make him the fastest. Also Hydreigon Can KO most bug types with a life orbed Flamethrower. Also a Flamethrower and an HP fire KO 252 HP 4 SpD metagross. The reason I didn't run 0 IVs and speed and a sassy nature is because I wanted to outspeed pokemons with the speed 91. which are Scizor with 44 speed EVs, Politoed, Hitmontop, Breloom, and metagross with 4 speed EVs.

Credit to me

yeah we should open registration again.

REGISTRATION IS OPEN AGAIN! it will be open until the 16th (saturday). so if you had some pokemon that you weren't able to train in time you are save

thanks drizzle. you can be the princess JK lol

So I am trying to learn how to RNG but I am completely lost... lol I want a nice Cresselia for the upcoming VGC but it's not going so well. Anyone think they can help a bit or have a good guide to show me?

3DS FC: 4313-0937-1327
    Friend Safari: Ghost; Lampent, Gourgheist, and IDk yet
    Nintendo Network: Raiin3

Quote Originally Posted by Raiin View Post
    So I am trying to learn how to RNG but I am completely lost... lol I want a nice Cresselia for the upcoming VGC but it's not going so well. Anyone think they can help a bit or have a good guide to show me?
    Is it bw2 rnging? cuz I suck at rnging in bw2... I still can't get the pokemon I want and it has been 3 days!!!

Credit to me

The RNG in B/W2 is exactly the same as B/W it just takes longer because of the tomer 0's

@Raiin IŞ advise you to check Bearsfan092's channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/bearsfan.../videos?view=0)
    I found it easy to learn while watch people do it instead of just reading stuff so it might work for you.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, there's some people who RNG in here that might be able to help you ^^

EDIT: if you want to RNG a cresselia maybe trying on 4th Gen would be a good idea. I didnt RNG anything on my White2 game because i wanna be able to go to the dream world everyday and when i RNGed my cress on Diamond it was waaaay too easy
    Last edited by KuzKan; 26th February 2013 at 9:25 PM.
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble

Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

Quote Originally Posted by Raiin View Post
    I'm sorry, but you have not yet been authorized to post here. Please fill out the application on the first post correctly, and in a paragraph and we'll be more than happy to accept you.

Thank You~!

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

He is already a member duckie.... Raiin you don't have to.

Credit to me

Quote Originally Posted by drizzleboy12 View Post
    He is already a member duckie.... Raiin you don't have to.
    But he's not in the member list on the 1st post. Has that even been updated lately? If not, I could go back and see who joined all the way until when Chorin joined.

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

Joey hasn't been very active lately so that's why it isn't updated. But you can ask joey to.

Credit to me

i havent been able to come on for long enough time to add the newest people in the club duckie.
    i will update it now. if you joined in the past week and are not on the list please notify me.

When you register for the tournament, does it have to be on the cartridge? Or is PS/PO only allowed? And by mono-region, does that mean if I wanted to use the Magnezone evolutionary line but I chose Kanto as my region, I have to stop at Magneton? Or can I use Pokemon from another region so long as its region of origin was the region I chose?

Also, kind of to add another topic to talk about, now that there aren't any upcoming Wi-Fi tournaments or Play! Pokemon events coming up, how are you guys keeping up with your Double Battling skills? Are you all playing online, through online simulators, etc? And for those of you who aren't playing, are you doing anything to keep up?

I haven't really been battling Doubles since the Winter Friendly (instead of playing in the friendly, I made a new team and started testing it hahah!). I've been playing Singles though, to kind of up my prediction skills. I've noticed a lot of players who have a background in Single Battles have really solid prediction skills in Doubles, so I decided to kind of put myself as a player through training. I've also taken to watching streams of Double Battles. Watching streams is really helpful, especially when the commentators are good, because they explain common mindsets while playing, and in situations, they give you an array of options that you could possibly make that turn. It's really helpful, and I've learned a lot. I don't normally use Standard teams/mons, so watching this has helped me get into the mind of my opponents better.

I definitely suggest watching the Nugget Bridge, Team Magma, and European VGC Streams from twitchtv, as well as the Apex streams on Youtube. The commentators are all players who are consistently strong, and know the game a lot. It's a very educational experience.

So what are you guys doing?
    Last edited by jstinftw!; 27th February 2013 at 1:26 AM.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

I'd like to start a really quick discussion on sportsmanship, if you guys don't mind. VGCs is an environment where hax is probably more prevalent than singles due to the amount of moves you can really get off each turn. It's understandable that some game changing misses and crits happen, but are extremely hard to handle for a lot of people. We've seen this many times through the GBU where many people d/c instead of taking the loss. Also, we see it ALOT more on online simulators where people just can't handle these crits and misses. However, I realize that we don't see this much at all when it comes to the actual day of the VGCs since you are face-to-face with your opponent and you are in a position of probably being disqualified if you start raging at your opponent. But anyway, it is always important - regardless of where you are - to BE A GOOD SPORT. Obviously a loss is a loss regardless of how it happened. I personally think that a good "good game" at the end of every battle will really lift the spirit up a little more even if there was hax involved. I've personally had dealt with misses and parahax throughout where I lost terribly. I've done a few battles recently and needless to say, I have won some with a parahax and a crit here and there. But, do you guys think that going up to your opponent and confronting them by replying with "******** game" or "I should have won!!!111!!" even needed under any circumstances?

Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by jstinftw! View Post
    When you register for the tournament, does it have to be on the cartridge? Or is PS/PO only allowed? And by mono-region, does that mean if I wanted to use the Magnezone evolutionary line but I chose Kanto as my region, I have to stop at Magneton? Or can I use Pokemon from another region so long as its region of origin was the region I chose?

Also, kind of to add another topic to talk about, now that there aren't any upcoming Wi-Fi tournaments or Play! Pokemon events coming up, how are you guys keeping up with your Double Battling skills? Are you all playing online, through online simulators, etc? And for those of you who aren't playing, are you doing anything to keep up?

I haven't really been battling Doubles since the Winter Friendly (instead of playing in the friendly, I made a new team and started testing it hahah!). I've been playing Singles though, to kind of up my prediction skills. I've noticed a lot of players who have a background in Single Battles have really solid prediction skills in Doubles, so I decided to kind of put myself as a player through training. I've also taken to watching streams of Double Battles. Watching streams is really helpful, especially when the commentators are good, because they explain common mindsets while playing, and in situations, they give you an array of options that you could possibly make that turn. It's really helpful, and I've learned a lot. I don't normally use Standard teams/mons, so watching this has helped me get into the mind of my opponents better.

I definitely suggest watching the Nugget Bridge, Team Magma, and European VGC Streams from twitchtv, as well as the Apex streams on Youtube. The commentators are all players who are consistently strong, and know the game a lot. It's a very educational experience.

So what are you guys doing?
    I'm still testing out a bunch of new stuff on the PS server. It's really fun and I like keeping up with this metagame. I have declined in battling a little though... Also, I'd be awesome if we can have a straight up VGCs tournament in this club without any special rules and what not. Maybe even open it up for the rest of serebii to participate in?
    Last edited by Shreyas; 27th February 2013 at 5:53 AM.

My FC: 2594-9889-0820

Quote Originally Posted by jstinftw! View Post

I believe everyone agreed to stick to only using pokemon that were introduced with your region. So if you were going with Kanto you would stop with Magneton. That way there will be a little more variety to the teams, since there are a fair number of pokemon whose evolutionary lines stretch across multiple regions. It also makes room for more creative thinking, which is what these restrictive tournaments are for.

I haven't done much battling lately, mostly just RNGing and training up some mons. Been working on perfecting my Entralink RNGing and drawing up plans for a new team.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

Well to stay on top of double battling I've been playing Emerald and fighting as many double battles as possible for the 7th gym as the leaders battle you in a double battle

Quote Originally Posted by drizzleboy12 View Post
    Is it bw2 rnging? cuz I suck at rnging in bw2... I still can't get the pokemon I want and it has been 3 days!!!
    It is BW 2 RNGing. Everything I have read said it is really difficult this Gen. lol

Quote Originally Posted by KuzKan View Post
    The RNG in B/W2 is exactly the same as B/W it just takes longer because of the tomer 0's

@Raiin IŞ advise you to check Bearsfan092's channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/bearsfan.../videos?view=0)
    I found it easy to learn while watch people do it instead of just reading stuff so it might work for you.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, there's some people who RNG in here that might be able to help you ^^

EDIT: if you want to RNG a cresselia maybe trying on 4th Gen would be a good idea. I didnt RNG anything on my White2 game because i wanna be able to go to the dream world everyday and when i RNGed my cress on Diamond it was waaaay too easy
    Thanks a lot I'll check that out. I unfortunately do not have any of my 4th gen games anymore I need to re buy them for things like this lol

3DS FC: 4313-0937-1327
    Friend Safari: Ghost; Lampent, Gourgheist, and IDk yet
    Nintendo Network: Raiin3

Quote Originally Posted by Shreyas View Post
    I'd like to start a really quick discussion on sportsmanship, if you guys don't mind. VGCs is an environment where hax is probably more prevalent than singles due to the amount of moves you can really get off each turn. It's understandable that some game changing misses and crits happen, but are extremely hard to handle for a lot of people. We've seen this many times through the GBU where many people d/c instead of taking the loss. Also, we see it ALOT more on online simulators where people just can't handle these crits and misses. However, I realize that we don't see this much at all when it comes to the actual day of the VGCs since you are face-to-face with your opponent and you are in a position of probably being disqualified if you start raging at your opponent. But anyway, it is always important - regardless of where you are - to BE A GOOD SPORT. Obviously a loss is a loss regardless of how it happened. I personally think that a good "good game" at the end of every battle will really lift the spirit up a little more even if there was hax involved. I've personally had dealt with misses and parahax throughout where I lost terribly. I've done a few battles recently and needless to say, I have won some with a parahax and a crit here and there. But, do you guys think that going up to your opponent and confronting them by replying with "******** game" or "I should have won!!!111!!" even needed under any circumstances?
    Totally agree. Hax is honestly a big part of the game, and getting mad or insulting your opponent for things out of their hands won't really fix or change anything. It's not their fault; it's just the way the ball rolled. I'd actually extend this to cover things like ragequitting. The main point is that we need to be respectful to the other players. Like in any competitive game or sport, we have to uphold the proper way of acting. Ragequitting is like spitting in the face of another player, insulting them for their win. In Wi-fi tournaments, it's also just another way of making the game less fun, since we can't get points out of it. Out of respect, we need to take our losses gracefully. As probability would have it, someone's bad luck is actually another's good luck. You should act the way you would want your opponent to act when you're the one haxing them out.

By the way, had a match with a team I'm testing out. It goes well in hand with the hax topic, hahah http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/repla...013dev10691379
    I personally laughed when it happened, cos like, of course it would. I get parahaxed, crit haxed and then miss hax... I only missed out on a flinch hax! xD
    Last edited by jstinftw!; 27th February 2013 at 2:51 PM.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast