Page 49 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1656

Thread: Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

Quote Originally Posted by Silvershark View Post
    I think he means for the international challenge wifi tournament coming up.
    whoops

I completely forgot there even is going to be one .-.

When is it?

My FC: 2594-9889-0820

Yay, new tournament!

I've been quite busy with work, but if those dates are true then I'll be free in that weekend so I may be able to do some battles. Time to forget the terrible result of the January one xD

Spoiler:- Friend Code and Safari Info:

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Total Ranked Double Battle Record: W47 L20
    Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W56 L20

*Credit to Astral Shadow from The Under for the userbar*

The new Wi-Fi Tournament starts registration on the 15th. When we get an official Play! Pokemon page for it, I'll make another thread for it. Get your teams ready guys!

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Quote Originally Posted by jstinftw! View Post
    The new Wi-Fi Tournament starts registration on the 15th. When we get an official Play! Pokemon page for it, I'll make another thread for it. Get your teams ready guys!
    I love these tournaments :3

I've been working on this new team, and i'll probably put up an RMT for it later. Hope you guys can rate it when it goes up!

Zobie, try ths link. should take you to a report done on nugget bridge about hail-room.
    http://nuggetbridge.com/articles/guide-to-hailroom/

im getting my skills back i think. I just 5-0 somebody (not naming names but he/she know who they are )
    p.s anyone wanna battle?

EDIT:thanks for the link. anyone wanna help me test it out?

Actually... i may enter the PGL tournament after all...
    Since i have some pokes store on 4th gen and on white2 i might be able to do something, im quite bored of all these speedruns meh

@justin Can you post the link of the thread when you create it here please?
    Last edited by KuzKan; 2nd March 2013 at 8:11 PM.
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble

Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

i can't find this info on the PGL tourney O.o
    but if so, then i gotta get a team ready! ^.^
    i am gonna get the dream radar finally and get me a thundurus therian :3
    i can't make a good team anymore unless it has thundurus or landorus therian forms in it ._. they are so freaking powerful!
    but remember the tourney here starts next weekend, so make sure you have your team together

Quote Originally Posted by KuzKan View Post
    Actually... i may enter the PGL tournament after all...
    Since i have some pokes store on 4th gen and on white2 i might be able to do something, im quite bored of all these speedruns meh

@justin Can you post the link of the thread when you create it here please?
    Hahaha course! (:
    Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    i can't find this info on the PGL tourney O.o
    but if so, then i gotta get a team ready! ^.^
    i am gonna get the dream radar finally and get me a thundurus therian :3
    i can't make a good team anymore unless it has thundurus or landorus therian forms in it ._. they are so freaking powerful!
    but remember the tourney here starts next weekend, so make sure you have your team together
    It's not on the page yet, but it was on Bulbanews. Reg is March 15th-21st and Battles are March 22nd-25th. (:

Good luck getting good therian formes.

Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!

thanks
    imma get started working on my team, because most of the time i get the pokemon literally 10 minutes before the tourney actually starts xD
    and justin when your get a thread up for it make sure you post it in the club, then i can post the link on the first page

Btw Justin, will it be a regular tournament like the previous ones or will it have some "special rules" like the last one?
    If its a regular then i have my team ready which is a miracle since in the previous ones i only decided the team in the same week it started xD

Will do.

And the tourney is normal VGC rules. I'm actually having trouble with my team now, since I've started to realize how inconsistent my team is. So I'm trying to tackle the team from a different angle, and see what I come up with there. (:

Thank you x)
    wI wish you the best of luck with that :3
    I'm a bit unconfortable about using that team. First, because it has 2/3 pokes that people use a lot and second, because i have no tailwind, trick room or wether support like i usually do, but still i think its a pretty good team with some nice pokes, lets see how it goes xD

Woo I just created a team that has some Pokemon that aren't seen too often. AND IT WORKS (well, kinda).
    Can't wait to use it :3

Quote Originally Posted by Shreyas View Post
    Woo I just created a team that has some Pokemon that aren't seen too often. AND IT WORKS (well, kinda).
    Can't wait to use it :3
    those are the kinda teams i make

Quote Originally Posted by trident20 View Post
    those are the kinda teams i make
    That's pretty cool. It used to be that I could never make a team without a Tyranitar thrown in there somewhere, which bothered me a little. So, I tested out a Landorus-T in it's place, and somehow ended up ditching him for Heracross. I just love using him now :3

After playtesting a bit more with the team I was last talking about, I started to not like it. The Pokemon I was using were really slow, and I could really justify switching anything out for Trick Room without completely revamping the team. In the end, I decided to just scrap the team and start new.

And now I'm sitting on 3 new teams, and 4 teams total that I am testing. 3 are definitely competitive, and 1 is just a real gimmicky, fun team. So much creative juice coming out of me right now hahha.

Except that only one of the five teams that I've created this month didnt have Togekiss, haha.

Ooh just thought of a really cool topic.

Do you have a signature Pokemon? Which one and why?

Mine has turned into Togekiss, since, as I said, I havent really been able to create a team without her. Trick Room, Goodstuffs (Or Vanillastuffs or Randomstuffs whatever you call it) and anything really. Her support and offensive options are just so clutch, and the fact that I can mix and match that has really gotten me to rely on her. Bulk and power? Without usable speed? Yes please.

She's super cute too. I've loved Togekiss' design since its inception in Gen IV (circa DP).
    Last edited by jstinftw!; 6th March 2013 at 4:57 AM.

After playtesting a bit more with the team I was last talking about, I started to not like it. The Pokemon I was using were really slow, and I could really justify switching anything out for Trick Room without completely revamping the team. In the end, I decided to just scrap the team and start new.

And now I'm sitting on 3 new teams, and 4 teams total that I am testing. 3 are definitely competitive, and 1 is just a real gimmicky, fun team. So much creative juice coming out of me right now hahha.

Except that only one of the five teams that I've created this month didnt have Togekiss, haha.
    LOL have you tried After You + Trick Room ;D
    I just battled a team like that and I never knew you can do that with after you, and I remember my friend telling me earlier to try to run After You + Focus Punch, sounds fun, right?

Mine has turned into Togekiss, since, as I said, I havent really been able to create a team without her. Trick Room, Goodstuffs (Or Vanillastuffs or Randomstuffs whatever you call it) and anything really. Her support and offensive options are just so clutch, and the fact that I can mix and match that has really gotten me to rely on her. Bulk and power? Without usable speed? Yes please.

She's super cute too. I've loved Togekiss' design since its inception in Gen IV (circa DP).
    Oh gosh... It has JUST become Heracross. I really love using him right now. despite his weaknesses, he is just a wonderful Pokemon. He gets Guts and Moxie, both which are great since he doesn't mind Burns, and can even receive it from a partner sableye, or the fact that he is almost always guaranteed a kill on Cresselias now with Bug Gem Megahorn giving him a +1. Oh yeah, and a Bug Gem Megahorn can OHKO offensive Rotom-W, too. So, he pretty much gets a free +1 boost. From there, he can start OHKOing Pokemon after some paralysis support, of course :3

I really used to love Liepard for a while, too. Just the wide support movepool she gets is great!
    Last edited by Shreyas; 6th March 2013 at 6:22 AM.

LOL have you tried After You + Trick Room ;D
    I just battled a team like that and I never knew you can do that with after you, and I remember my friend telling me earlier to try to run After You + Focus Punch, sounds fun, right?
    Pretty sure that was me, I haven't seen anybody else on PS using that same strategy and everyone seems so surprised when they see it. You were using Liepard, Jellicent, Togekiss, and Heracross right? Never thought about After You + Focus Punch. I thought Focus Punch's effect made it attack after the turn's over, but I guess it just has stupid low priority, so it should work.
    Last edited by Silvershark; 6th March 2013 at 6:55 AM.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

Quote Originally Posted by Silvershark View Post
    Pretty sure that was me, I haven't seen anybody else on PS using that same strategy and everyone seems so surprised when they see it. You were using Liepard, Jellicent, Togekiss, and Heracross right? Never thought about After You + Focus Punch. I thought Focus Punch's effect made it attack after the turn's over, but I guess it just has stupid low priority, so it should work.
    Yup. That was me. I remember looking to see if I could find a Prankster After You, sadly that doesn't exist

Yup. That was me. I remember looking to see if I could find a Prankster After You, sadly that doesn't exist
    It does if you skill swap it . Here's the team I'm going with. I'll add descriptions and make it a full RMT here soon, I want to get some feed back and test every idea before I go through the effort of creating it in-game.

Spoiler:- Team:

Battle Videos:

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/repla...013dev11156166- One of my favorite videos.
    http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/repla...013dev10778338- Serene Grace Rock Slides
    http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/repla...013dev10779079
    http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/repla...013dev10855565
    http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/repla...013dev10785992
    http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/repla...013dev10785200
    http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/repla...013dev10783555
    Last edited by Silvershark; 7th March 2013 at 10:08 PM.

Well, instead of skill swapping prankster onto an after you user, you could role play it. There's plenty of pokemon that learn role play and After you, and role play isn't blocked by protect.

Credit to Ayra for the profile pic.
    ASB squad- http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...0#post16972170
    I have claimed Kabutops, destroyer of all! Fear me or perish!

Signature Pokemon, eh?

Hmm...at the risk of sounding like a broken record, I just have to say that's probably either Sableye or Lickilicky. It's not just that I can't seem to create a team without them, but I generally can't get through a battle without them either! Lickilicky is so versatile and Sableye is such a great supporter.

However, Torkoal and Gliscor are also pretty high on that list too. I just plain love using Torkoal. Cool Pokemon, insanely fast under Trick Room, awesome defense for a Fire Type, and more than useable stats on both the special and physical side. The only trouble is that their movepool sucks in terms of coverage, so it's difficult to find a good partner for them that isn't Gastrodon. Gliscor is in a similar boat, I just love using them whenever I have the chance. Of course, they're more naturally fit for battle than Torkoal are, so mine tends to get a lot more use as a matter of course.

So... yeah. Kind of hard to decide which Pokemon is my signature one, at this point.

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bolt View Post
    Well, instead of skill swapping prankster onto an after you user, you could role play it. There's plenty of pokemon that learn role play and After you, and role play isn't blocked by protect.
    True. Between Whimsicotts, Thundurus's, Tornadus's, and Liepards I usually have plenty of opportunities to steal away Pranksters away, but there are quite a few bulky mon's that learn both those moves. Slowking in particular stands out for sheer epicness.

Screw your high speed stat, speed control,and move priority; Slowking decrees that from now on Conkeldurrs shall attack before Latios's.

Lol

Nevermind, Slowking doesn't learn Role Play, even though it seems like something it would learn. In fact, it looks like only Clefable, Cofagrigus, Reuniclus, and Beheeyem get both moves.
    Last edited by Silvershark; 6th March 2013 at 6:28 PM.

These are really awesome O_O
    That serene grace marowak was really cool xD

I dont really have a signature pokemon since i used very few teams and i didnt use the same poke more than once... BUT... i wanna try imposter Ditto xD

Page 49 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast