Page 50 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1656

Thread: Club Double Trouble (a double battling community)

signature pokemon...
    well, i can't answer that really. if i use one pokemon too many times, i become reliant on it, and cannot make a team without it. that makes me a one minded battler. i should try all of the tactics possible so i know how people like to use them, and how i like to use them.
    so i really dont have a signature pokemon.
    and i believe slowking can learn role play, because i watched a video of wolfey battling and he used an ability copy/switch tactic against a discharge team.

EDIT: and i made a new team
    drizzle dont kill me, but its a slowking +gastrodon core team xD
    i didn't steal your team, you inspired my team xD but i am pretty sure i only used three of the pokes your used. anyway you got the idea from somewhere too :3
    anyway i am going to use it in the upcoming international tourney. i wish you all luck training your teams up ^^
    Last edited by joej m; 6th March 2013 at 8:27 PM.

Hmmm Well when it comes to NU tiered battles my signature pokemon is Houndoom.

Ok now as for the new tourney coming up i've decided to go with a primarily NU team (daring isnt it) and im sticking to my janurary team of golduck, crobat, hitmontop, scizor, marowak, and latios. it works better than what you think so dont judge it :P

Cred to Astral Shadow for banner
    ASB TL 1, 17 TP
    Play MLG Smash Bros? Contact me @Tythaeus to schedule a match. :]

Quote Originally Posted by zombieoverkill12 View Post
    Hmmm Well when it comes to NU tiered battles my signature pokemon is Houndoom.

Ok now as for the new tourney coming up i've decided to go with a primarily NU team (daring isnt it) and im sticking to my janurary team of golduck, crobat, hitmontop, scizor, marowak, and latios. it works better than what you think so dont judge it :P
    wait... singles team or doubles team O.o
    in doubles, you dont use tiers... its VGC rules. ._.

EDIT: 3-0 on a standard rain team i usually beat them but not by much. it was almost a 4-0 this is the new team with the slowking-gastrodon core this rain team was awfully standard and annoying to even look at, because it was so standard xD

72-95416-01403
    i had time to do all the training today because of a snow day today
    Last edited by joej m; 6th March 2013 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvershark View Post
    It does if you skill swap it . Here's the team I'm going with. I'll add descriptions and make it a full RMT here soon, I want to get some feed back and test every idea before I go through the effort of creating it in-game.

Spoiler:- Team:

Battle Videos:

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/repla...013dev11156166- One of my favorite videos.
    http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/repla...013dev10778338- Serene Grace Rock Slides
    http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/repla...013dev10779079
    http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/repla...013dev10855565
    http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/repla...013dev10785992
    http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/repla...013dev10785200
    http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/repla...013dev10783555
    That is actually a really cool team :o.
    I didn't expect a more of a supporting Starmie to be in there. I thought it'd be more of a Pokemon to come in after TR goes away.

My FC: 2594-9889-0820

Quote Originally Posted by joej m View Post
    wait... singles team or doubles team O.o
    in doubles, you dont use tiers... its VGC rules. ._.

EDIT: 3-0 on a standard rain team i usually beat them but not by much. it was almost a 4-0 this is the new team with the slowking-gastrodon core this rain team was awfully standard and annoying to even look at, because it was so standard xD

72-95416-01403
    i had time to do all the training today because of a snow day today
    Singles obviously but i managed to convert into a doubles for lol's but it actualluy works
    Epic win man its a good team

ASB TL 1, 17 TP

Quote Originally Posted by Shreyas View Post
    That is actually a really cool team :o.
    I didn't expect a more of a supporting Starmie to be in there. I thought it'd be more of a Pokemon to come in after TR goes away.
    Yeah, it flows together much better than I thought it would. That's the reason I kept all the speed IV's on Starmie, that way it can pick things off and provide Skill Swap support when out of Trick Room.

Now the Role Play+After You Cofagrigus team I'm testing right now, that one I'm having a hard time pulling together. Role Playing Prankster is easy and After You+Focus punch works marvelously, but the whole thing falls apart if Cofagrigus dies, which happens pretty quickly once people see what I'm up to.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

Yeah, it flows together much better than I thought it would. That's the reason I kept all the speed IV's on Starmie, that way it can pick things off and provide Skill Swap support when out of Trick Room.

Now the Role Play+After You Cofagrigus team I'm testing right now, that one I'm having a hard time pulling together. Role Playing Prankster is easy and After You+Focus punch works marvelously, but the whole thing falls apart if Cofagrigus dies, which happens pretty quickly once people see what I'm up to.
    I guess it works best if you can knock out your opponent before they knew what hit them...

signature pokemon...
    well, i can't answer that really. if i use one pokemon too many times, i become reliant on it, and cannot make a team without it. that makes me a one minded battler. i should try all of the tactics possible so i know how people like to use them, and how i like to use them.
    so i really dont have a signature pokemon.
    and i believe slowking can learn role play, because i watched a video of wolfey battling and he used an ability copy/switch tactic against a discharge team.

EDIT: and i made a new team
    drizzle dont kill me, but its a slowking +gastrodon core team xD
    i didn't steal your team, you inspired my team xD but i am pretty sure i only used three of the pokes your used. anyway you got the idea from somewhere too :3
    anyway i am going to use it in the upcoming international tourney. i wish you all luck training your teams up ^^
    I already have with me team xD beat you 3-0 xD

It does if you skill swap it . Here's the team I'm going with. I'll add descriptions and make it a full RMT here soon, I want to get some feed back and test every idea before I go through the effort of creating it in-game.

Spoiler:- Team:

Battle Videos:

http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/repla...013dev11156166- One of my favorite videos.
    http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/repla...013dev10778338- Serene Grace Rock Slides
    http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/repla...013dev10779079
    http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/repla...013dev10855565
    http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/repla...013dev10785992
    http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/repla...013dev10785200
    http://www.pokemonshowdown.com/repla...013dev10783555
    That team is awesome! and very creative!

Credit to me

It's called element of surprise xD
    Hmm it would throw someone off gaurd but once they see cofagrigus wouldnt they target that first since that's a supportive mon anyway?

ASB TL 1, 17 TP

It's called element of surprise xD
    Hmm it would throw someone off gaurd but once they see cofagrigus wouldnt they target that first since that's a supportive mon anyway?
    Not necessarily. The truth is, I'd rather target a more threatening partner, which usually Prankster poses. I find that Prankster Pokemon are a lot more annoying. Especially if they can run something like Fake Out. So, for Cofagrigus' partner, I'd really suggest using Sableye or Liepard. Just because of that Fake Out. You can easily fake out the more threatening foe, and if you choose Liepard, Encore the pokemon that likes to spam protect or Fake Out

Not necessarily. The truth is, I'd rather target a more threatening partner, which usually Prankster poses. I find that Prankster Pokemon are a lot more annoying. Especially if they can run something like Fake Out. So, for Cofagrigus' partner, I'd really suggest using Sableye or Liepard. Just because of that Fake Out. You can easily fake out the more threatening foe, and if you choose Liepard, Encore the pokemon that likes to spam protect or Fake Out
    One Problem with those kinda prankste pokes, as soon as they use fake out, and even if they get in their spamming support priority, they can be killed easy. Ex. Liepard is ko'd by a breeloom mach punch, sableye is ko'd or near ko'd depending on evs by common pokes.
    so if one is to use prankster pokes one must remember how to use it, and how to counter it, to avoid being countered themselves.

Anywho,
    I have a team idea for VGC, it's Gengar, Hitmontop, Scizor, Kingdra/Latios, registeel, and zapdos.
    Any opinions on it?

..woah i went on a tangent. lol
    Also Joey, i'd like to apply for cloner.
    Last edited by Cryssy; 7th March 2013 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalNinetales View Post
    One Problem with those kinda prankste pokes, as soon as they use fake out, and even if they get in their spamming support priority, they can be killed easy. Ex. Liepard is ko'd by a breeloom mach punch, sableye is ko'd or near ko'd depending on evs by common pokes.
    so if one is to use prankster pokes one must remember how to use it, and how to counter it, to avoid being countered themselves.

Anywho,
    I have a team idea for VGC, it's Gengar, Hitmontop, Scizor, Kingdra/Latios, registeel, and zapdos.
    Any opinions on it?

..woah i went on a tangent. lol
    Also Joey, i'd like to apply for cloner.
    You'd be surprised how long some people can keep a Liepard alive in a battle

Also, you're team is pretty interesting. But, Registeel seems kind of randomly thrown in there, just out of curiosity, what is his role? ._.

You'd be surprised how long some people can keep a Liepard alive in a battle

Also, you're team is pretty interesting. But, Registeel seems kind of randomly thrown in there, just out of curiosity, what is his role? ._.
    Registeel's role is an annoyingly stuborn wall.
    it bulks jolly garchomp's eq and a bunch of other things, and wrecks havic with thunderwave, then it eq's or seismic tosses.
    also, the team revolves around zapdos' tailwind.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalNinetales View Post
    Registeel's role is an annoyingly stuborn wall.
    it bulks jolly garchomp's eq and a bunch of other things, and wrecks havic with thunderwave, then it eq's or seismic tosses.
    also, the team revolves around zapdos' tailwind.
    I see. But, if part of its job is to take Garchomp's EQs, shouldn't you run Ice Punch in a spot to get some 2HKOs off on him? Or, maybe running something like Paraflinch?

I see. But, if part of its job is to take Garchomp's EQs, shouldn't you run Ice Punch in a spot to get some 2HKOs off on him? Or, maybe running something like Paraflinch?
    Hmm...
    Those arent too bad of ideas, maybe ill try them. but first to find them shards.
    lol

I need a Pokemon that can check Tyranitar + Excadrill. Options outside of Landorus-T. Something that can resist EQ would be nice...

Actually Liepard was the Prankster I had went with, for exactly those reasons. Figured if I could encore a few things, that would leave Cofagrigus free to spam a few prankster Will-o-wisps around. Liepard was also sashed, so Role Playing it's ability was almost guaranteed. I think part of the problem is I was focusing it too much on one strategy. I usually prefer teams that give me lots of tools to work with, so that I almost always have a way out of sticky situations. It could also simply be because I haphazardly threw the team together to test the concept, I suppose.

As for a pokemon to counter Excadrill and Tyranitar, Landorous-T works pretty well, but if you don't want to use it, I suppose pokemon like Hitmontop, Scrafty, and Breloom would work pretty well. Hitmontop/Scrafty can weaken them with Intimidate, take hits well, and KO back with their fighting STAB's. Technician Breloom can lay waste with Technician Mach Punch, provided they aren't Sashed of course.

I haven't heard much about the mono region tournament, but I think the re-registrations this weekend right? Haven't heard anything about how we should register for this second time, but I want it noted I am participating. You should still have my information from the last registry. However, I'm going to be unavailable this weekend, so if everyone decides to start the battles then, mine will have to be postponed for Monday.
        Spoiler:- My Custom Challenges:

I need a Pokemon that can check Tyranitar + Excadrill. Options outside of Landorus-T. Something that can resist EQ would be nice...
    rotom-wash with some defensive investment is a good one. hmm better make it bulky to survive stabs lol

I had an epic match against drizzle sadly i lost ;^; but the score was only 1-0! sand vs rain makes an excellent match-up :3 a most interesting match to watch >.> GG drizzle lol

ASB TL 1, 17 TP

i dont know what team to use in the upcoming tourney xD
    i did already train one, but i can train another team fast enough...
    but i am feeling kinda lazy so i might not wanna train another xD

*coughlazycough* Im too lazy to do some IV breeding for the tourney xD but hey i managed to breed a roselia with 4 max IV's 1st time that ever happened

ASB TL 1, 17 TP

*coughlazycough* Im too lazy to do some IV breeding for the tourney xD but hey i managed to breed a roselia with 4 max IV's 1st time that ever happened
    oh i dont breed. i use poke check, trade shops, and RNG.
    all of those are totes legit
    i just dont wanna EV train though D:

Playing on PS right now. Got a few forfeits, and I did lose do to some really good predictions. I think I have the team that I want to use, just not sure if it's 100% the best it can be. More playtesting! haha

Meh. I like knowing that i put effort into the pokemon I'm using. Like RNG and Trading is fine, but I feel like Pokecheck is a bit lazy, and is the next best thing to just hacking it in like Pokegen or whatever.

But it's cool that you use it, I just wanted to say haha.

I'm actually excited to get these Pokemon bred and stuff. I'm gonna have to do some mad cramming to get it done, but I'm excited to see it through.
    Last edited by jstinftw!; 9th March 2013 at 12:59 AM.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

oh i never do any of that xD i've always been putting blood, sweat, and tears (lols) into making the teams i have today -3-

ASB TL 1, 17 TP

Quote Originally Posted by jstinftw! View Post
    Playing on PS right now. Got a few forfeits, and I did lose do to some really good predictions. I think I have the team that I want to use, just not sure if it's 100% the best it can be. More playtesting! haha

Meh. I like knowing that i put effort into the pokemon I'm using. Like RNG and Trading is fine, but I feel like Pokecheck is a bit lazy, and is the next best thing to just hacking it in like Pokegen or whatever.

I'm actually excited to get these Pokemon bred and stuff. I'm gonna have to do some mad cramming to get it done, but I'm excited to see it through.
    oh no no no i dont put it in pokegen.
    i think i will use my team i just trained. i like it a lot. the only reason i didn't want to use it is because my only counter to scizor is my slowking... who needs TR up to be an affective counter ._.
    anyway anyone want to battle in game?
    please respond to this OVER VM because i dont want any spam in here.

Actually Liepard was the Prankster I had went with, for exactly those reasons. Figured if I could encore a few things, that would leave Cofagrigus free to spam a few prankster Will-o-wisps around. Liepard was also sashed, so Role Playing it's ability was almost guaranteed. I think part of the problem is I was focusing it too much on one strategy. I usually prefer teams that give me lots of tools to work with, so that I almost always have a way out of sticky situations. It could also simply be because I haphazardly threw the team together to test the concept, I suppose.

As for a pokemon to counter Excadrill and Tyranitar, Landorous-T works pretty well, but if you don't want to use it, I suppose pokemon like Hitmontop, Scrafty, and Breloom would work pretty well. Hitmontop/Scrafty can weaken them with Intimidate, take hits well, and KO back with their fighting STAB's. Technician Breloom can lay waste with Technician Mach Punch, provided they aren't Sashed of course.

I haven't heard much about the mono region tournament, but I think the re-registrations this weekend right? Haven't heard anything about how we should register for this second time, but I want it noted I am participating. You should still have my information from the last registry. However, I'm going to be unavailable this weekend, so if everyone decides to start the battles then, mine will have to be postponed for Monday.
    I think I'll try out Scrafty just because it has higher defenses. And, it's not that I am against using Landorus-T, it's just that I can't because I don't have the dream radar. I actually used to run one on PS until I came to that realization.

rotom-wash with some defensive investment is a good one. hmm better make it bulky to survive stabs lol

I had an epic match against drizzle sadly i lost ;^; but the score was only 1-0! sand vs rain makes an excellent match-up :3 a most interesting match to watch >.> GG drizzle lol
    Yup, I tried out Rotom for a bit, but there's just something about him that wasn't working out :/ I just couldn't tell what though

Quote Originally Posted by jstinftw! View Post

Yeah, I usually do breed/catch my own Pokemon when I have time, but I now depend on trading and PokeCheck for some of those guys that I just didn't already breed

Page 50 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast